I finished a bunch of things during the month of April. Below is a listing of those items as well as a photo of everything.
- I am decluttering two samples of the Marc Jacobs Remarcable foundation. They are the two lightest shades and oddly enough, they are too light for me.
- I finished the Sephora solid cleanser. I like using this to clean my makeup brushes. I used to use baby shampoo and olive oil but using a solid is much quicker and easier. I have repurchased.
- I finished a sample of Lush’s Don’t Look at Me fresh face mask. This stuff smells like Fruity Pebbles cereal. It’s a great exfoliater and it brightens my skin. I will purchase once I use up my other face masks because this one expires relatively quick.
- I used up the Ole Henriksen sheer transformation moisturizer. I LOVE this moisturizer. It works wonderfully under makeup. This was in my Skincare Sample Showdown Project Pan.
- I also used up the Belif true cream aqua bomb moisturizer. While I did enjoy using this, it was thicker than the Ole Henriksen. It does have a pleasant smell and sinks in quickly, but I don’t see myself purchasing it. This was also in my Skincare Sample Showdown Project Pan.
- I finished the Dionis white jasmine and shea hand cream. I love this hand cream. It has a wonderful scent and moisturizes my dry hands. I have already purchased a replacement.
- I have finished the Lush peppermint foot cream in what might be record time! This stuff makes my feet feel alive and it definitely moisturizes my feet. I have already repurchased.
- I used up the Sephora brow pencil. I really like the Sephora pencil. The only real flaw is the end that has a comb and not a spoolie. They are about $12. I do have a back-up so I won’t be repurchasing right now but I would if I didn’t have back-up brow products.
- I used up a Neutrogena makeup remover wipe pack. I do like these but I prefer the pack that’s green. I do have a couple back-up packs, so I don’t have to repurchase yet.
- I used up a Simple cleansing facial wipe packet. These are just a sample pack of 7 that I received in a subscription box. I think they changed the wipe because I didnt used to like these, but they worked a lot better than I remember.
- I completely killed two Revlon nail files. I use one for my hands and one for my toe nails. I have purchased two new files.
- I finished the Vichy cleanser. I had never used a product from Vichy before and this was a mild cleanser. I did like using it but it did not remove makeup despite the claim that this was a one-step cleanser. I would not repurchase.
- The Estee Edit oil cleanser was a complete surprise to me. I’ve been using some other cleansing oils that do not perform as well as this one, and once I use those other oil cleansers up, I will consider purchasing this one.
- The Cetaphil cleanser is one of my favorites. I usually refill this small travel bottle but I somehow ruined the threading in this bottle. I like using this as my second cleanse after removing my makeup but I’ve removed makeup with this cleanser before. It’s very gentle on the skin and leaves your face feeling clean. I have a large pump bottle that I’ve refilled this smaller one but when it runs out, it will be repurchased.
- The Dove dry oil moisture Moroccan Arian oil body wash was awesome. It didn’t leave a soapy feeling behind and smelled fantastic. I have some other body washes but it’s definitely one I would consider purchasing.
- What sort of empties post would this be without a couple bottles of Scopejuice? I went hard this month finishing up THREE BOTTLES! Somehow I managed to not have anything else to vape but this juice. I would and have repurchased.
So those were the products I finished up in April. Did you finish anything?
With the completion of Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty, I thought I would share with you the items I purchased, as well as share items I purchased from an Ulta Grand Opening in my area.
I really only ‘needed’ the Anastasia Brow Wiz and thats the only item I picked up from the sale, but I did get some items I had been waiting to buy.
The Brow Wiz was on sale for $9.50 which is a HUGE deal, so I picked up two. The Clinique trio was on sale for $9.75 ($10 off) so I got that as well. I love that gel moisturizer. I was in need of two new nail files (I use one for my toes and the other for my finger nails) and the Dionis hand cream is my favorite and it was 2 for $4.99 and they are regularly $3.49 each. The Essense mascaras were buy 1 get one half off, and I had been wanting to try them for awhile so I got those too!
I also qualified for this sample bag since my order was above a certain amount.
As you can see, it was filled with LOTS of goodies!
And then this weekend, we had a local Ulta Grand Opening. Unfortunately we didnt get there early enough to be one of the first one hundred customers (We were like 120th) but I did pick up a couple things Ive had my eye on.
Someone sent me an email to tell me that Clean & Clear still made the Morning Burst cleaner so I was able to get that. We will see if it lives up to the one Im currently finishing up. I also got the full size of the Mario Badescu seaweed cleansing soap. I really enjoyed the sample I used up in my project pan. I pulled the trigger on a lotion/body mist combo that someone had told me was fantastic, plus Ulta was buy 1 get one half off. I also saw this really cute Z-Palette that was a collab between Z-Palette and Ulta and its PINK! Its been out of stock online, but I saw it in store and had to pick it up.
Did you pick up anything during the 21 Days of Beauty Sale?
I dont usually post on Saturdays, but I missed posting this yesterday.
Here are my thoughts on my March empties:
- Garner Micellar Water – I love this stuff! I use it to remove my eye makeup with a cotton round. I have already purchased a replacement.
- Eyeko Fat Eyeliner – I had this in a MakeUp Use Up for this year. I received this in a Birchbox and while I enjoyed using it, I would not repurchased because I prefer other brands.
- Eyeko Eyeliner – I had this in a MakeUp Use Up for this year. I got this item in a Birchbox and I did enjoy using it, but I would not repurchase because there are other brands I prefer.
- Elf Eyeliner – This is another item I had in a Makeup Use Up for this year. This is one of my favorite eyeliners. I have not repurchased, because I am trying out another Elf eyeliner that many people rave about.
- Dionis hand cream (White Jasmine and Shea) – I love this hand cream. This moisturizes my skin and smells fantastic. I have already repurchased.
- Mane and Tail shampoo – I hated this shampoo. It seemed to tangle my very short hair and I did not enjoy the scent.
- Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara – My holy grail mascara. I love the wand and you can’t beat the price. I already have a replacement.
- Milk Mascara – I received this in a beauty box and ended up really liking the way it performed. I would consider repurchasing.
- Scope Juice (MaddScope) – I am always buying this stuff. Its my favorite e-juice.
- ROC Neck Cream – I had this in a project pan. Im glad I finished it because it smelled horrible.
- Mac Prep and Prime – I had his in a project pan. I love using this in cooler months and I would definitely repurchase if I didnt have a bunch of samples to always use.
- Pack of cotton rounds – I use these with my Micellar Water to remove my eye makeup. I have repurchased.
- Alterna Caviar Shampoo and Conditioner – I liked the way these smelled but I saw no difference in my hair. Foil packets dont always give you the best results since you might get two uses out of them.
- Matrix Biolage Recover Shampoo and Conditioner – I really dont have much of an opinion on these except that the shampoo has a better scent than the conditioner.
So those were my empties for the month of March. Im actually impressed at how many samples Ive been able to move out of my collection already this year.
Did you finish any items?