What’s that phrase? March comes in like a lion? March has been a month, hasnt it?
Most of us havent been going anywhere or even wearing makeup, so its incredible that I finished anything this month.
I did manage to use up $122.91 worth of products! My 1st quarter empties total is $277.69!!
As you can see, I finished a few project pan items. I will be doing an update in a future post.
I am also decluttering 3 items.
Luckily, these items are only valued at about $8.
- The Ipsy concealer has been making my skin dry out and thats saying something for someone like me with oily skin.
- The Elf eyeliner runs so bad and I also was not aware that it was a blue liner until it ran so bad.
- The Lancome eyeliner has dried out.
Were you able to finish anything this month?
Sorry for my lack of posts the last couple of weeks. I had an allergic reaction to something I ate as well as a skin care product and I was down for the count. Everything is better now.
Now, onto what I used up in the month of April! I did not finish alot of things because I couldn’t put any products on my face after a reaction to a product that I am decluttering.
- Isopropyl Alcohol – I use this to sanitize my powder products, as well as clean up vape gear. I do already have another.
- Philosophy micro delivery face wash – I got this at one of Ultas 21 days of beauty sales and it lasted about a year of semi-regular use. While I did enjoy using it, there are other face washes I like much better.
- L’occitane shower cream – I got this in my Advent Calendar. I did enjoy it, but I like other body washes more.
- L’occitane shampoo – I had three of these and I believe I only have one more left. Its an ok shampoo. I dont think Id purchase it tho.
- Dove body polish – I got this sample in a Pinch me box. It was ok but I did not like the smell or the way it rinsed off. I like my Tree Hut scrubs much more.
- Vibrant Sexy hair hairspray – I only used this twice and the nozzle broke. I have no opinion on this product due to a lack of use.
- Sephora eye makeup remover – I love this stuff and I love getting it as a point perk or in my Sephora Play box. I cant remember which one this one is from. I would purchase.
- Cotton rounds – I get these at my dollar store and I always have 2 or 3 backups.
- Drunk Elephant TLC night serum – I got this from Sephora (either in my play box or in a skin care kit) I got about a months use from this sample. I did enjoy it, but the price on this product is high.
- Living Proof no frizz shampoo and conditioner – This was okay, and I have more samples of this shampoo and conditioner. I dont think Id purchase because I didnt see a difference in my hair.
- Klorane shampoo and conditioner – I really did not like these at all. I thought it made my hair feel slimy and I did not enjoy the smell.
- Sunday Riley good genes – I liked the results but not the smell. If it weren’t so expensive I would purchase.
- Kate Somerville eye cream – I did not like the consistency of this eye cream. I also did not see any improvements over some other eye creams Ive used.
- LOC shadow stick – This should have been in last months empties, but I somehow over looked it. I really did like using this and would purchase more if they were easy to find at a retailer I already frequent. I think I got this in a Birchbox and I also believe this was part of the Tati-LOC collaboration that fell thru.
- Dr Jart Cicapair tiger grass cream – I am decluttering this item because I had some type of reaction to it.
- Gucci Bamboo sample – I love this perfume and have a rollerball of it. I really enjoy it when I get samples of scents I love!
- Replica Beachwalk sample – I got this in a Sephora play box and loved it instantly. I did end up getting a rollerball of it. It works so nice with the Bum Bum Cream!
- YSL Mon paris sample – Another perfume sample I got in a Sephora play box and instantly loved. I have a travel size spray of this one!
- SOO AE face mask – I think I received this in a Target Beauty Box a while ago and when I had the reaction to the Dr Jart cream, I used this to calm my skin down.
- Found Coconut Sheet Mask – I used this face mask when my face had the reaction to the Dr Jart cream. I do not remember where I got it from tho.
- Slimfast Boosters – I think I got these from Pinch me. They were really good but I could eat 100 of them!
- Tasty Vapor ~ Geoffs Blend – This e-liquid tasted like Juicy Fruit Gum. I wanted to just finish this up and get rid of it because just like Juicy Fruit, the flavor did not last.
- T-Maxx No Frills Mls ~ White Chocolate Peanut Butter – This e-liquid in no way tasted like white chocolate peanut butter. I finished it up anyway.
(Italics: Project Pan Items)
Did you use up any products in April?
Another month has came and went, so here are my empties for the month of October. I didnt think I used up as much as I did.
- Sesame Street Baby Wipes – Dont laugh! I use baby wipes to clean off my handbags. I do have a replacement, but its not this brand.
- ScopeJuice and Deadline Limeaid and Abetting – These are my two favorite juices to vape. Obviously, I have more!
- Claritin – Despite the fact that its October (now November) I am still having issues with allergies.
- Benefit Kabrow! – I got this sample a while ago and used up the shade that matches my brows. I wouldnt repurchase because I prefer pencils.
- Dr Jart Water Drop Moisterizer – I liked this but I have a ton of moisturizers to work thru.
- Cotton rounds – I use these to take off eye makeup and apply toner. I get mine from the local dollar store and have repurchased.
- Boscia Cleanser – I liked this cleanser and I like how it warms up when you use it, but I have so many cleansers to use up.
- Clinique Dramatically Moisturizer – I love this! This is a great gel moisturizer for those of us with oily skin. I have repurchased.
- Origins clay mask – I enjoyed using this. I do actually have a replacement but my favorite is the GlamGlow.
- 2 Ulta makeup sponges – I like the Ulta brand sponges and find that they do the job but they dont sell the two pack anymore. I have replaced these with another type of sponge Ulta sells.
- Caudalie eye cream – This felt nice on the skin but gave me little bumps under my eyes. I wouldn’t repurchase.
- Clinique mascara/primer – I never used the primer and the mascara dried up very quickly after opening. I wouldn’t repurchase.
- Purity cleanser – Its not my favorite cleanser, but I liked using it on days I didnt need deep cleansing. I have a deluxe sample Im working thru at the moment that I received in a Sephora Play box.
- Vaseline hand cream – I have very dry hands so I love hand creams but this one was greasy feeling.
- Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub (coconut lime) – I love Tree Hut scrubs and rotate between this and the regular Shea scent. I have at least a 6 month supply at all times!
- Sweet Spot wipes – I got these in a pinch me box and Im not impressed. I believe I have two more wipes in my purse. I wouldn’t repurchase.
- Palmers Coconut Oil lotion – I got this in a Target or Walmart beauty box and LOVE this. It smells fantastic. I have a lot of lotions to work thru before I can even think about buying anymore tho.
- Dove body wash – I like Dove body wash, but something wasnt right with this one. It smelled off and had an odd consistency so I decluttered it.
- Brush – This brush looks like it went thru a war. I believe it came from Ulta. I do have a replacement but Im almost certain I got it from Sephora.
Did you finish anything this month?
Sorry for my extended absence. I basically took the summer off and had a moderately successful no-buy. Anyway, I did finish a lot of products this summer. What is listed here are products I finished from June through August.
- Claritin – I have terrible allergies so I take one of these a day. You can see how that adds up.
- Orbit gum – Received this as a sample from pinchme and I did like the flavor of this gum.
- Neutrogena makeup remover wipes, simple makeup remover wipes , cotton rounds – I used these to remove my makeup. I dont really like the simple wipes as much as the Neutrogena wipes. I still have a pack of the Neutrogena wipes that Im about halfway done with.
- Clean & Clear cleanser – I LOVE this cleanser and and I didnt want to finish it because I couldn’t find it anywhere anymore. I purchased a similar cleaner from Clean & Clear so we will see how it stacks up against this one.
- Purity cleanser – I didnt really like this and I believe I have a deluxe sample that I received from a subscription box.
- Philosophy cleanser – I did like this cleanser, and Im currently using another cleanser from Philosophy in a full size.
- Glamglow supermud mask – I LOVE this mask. I do have a smaller size already but Im working on one from Origins right now.
- Sea breeze astringent – I really LOVE Sea Breeze. It makes my skin feel great and I also use it to clean up my skin after I color my hair.
- Bamboo shampoo and conditioner – I got this from a Target box and I HATE this. It doesnt lather and I dont like the scent.
- Pantene shampoo – Ive always liked Pantene shampoos but they aren’t good for my hair when I bleach and color it, so I only can use something like this when Im in between processes.
- Dove deodorant – I liked this deodorant but I like the Degree deodorants more.
- Motrin – When you have allergies, you get headaches.
- Ulta makeup setting spray – I like this setting spray and have it in full size.
- Japonesque lip wipe – This did remove my lipstick, but it had a horrible scent and tasted nasty.
- Mac eye makeup remover – This really removed my eye makeup but I dont think Id purchase it.
- Lush ocean salt scrub – Got a sample from Lush and really liked it, but the Tree Hut version is much less expensive.
- Tarte moisturizer – I got this in a subscription box and I did like it, but I wouldn’t use it during the summer due to my oily skin. Someone with dry skin would love it.
- Embryolisse moisturizer – I got this from Birchbox back when I was subscribed and I hated it by the end of the sample.
- Burts bees day lotion – I loved using this as a hand cream.
- Lush cup o coffee mask – This is a great face mask and really exfoliates. I havent pulled the trigger on the full size because I have so many masks to use first.
- Mac fix + – Travel sized. I already have a full size and love this stuff. Its literally magic in a bottle.
- Degree deodorant – My deodorant of choice.
- Mac Studio Fix foundation – I did like this when I used it in the winter, but in the summer its way to ‘greasy’ for my skin.
- Cover Girl powder foundation – This was in my Use it Up project and it was a great powder. Would repurchase after I finish the other powder foundations I have.
- Max Factor, Sephora Lash Craft, Mad Lash, Iconoclast, makeup forever, Well People, Bobbi Brown smoky eye, elf makeup remover – I used a bunch of sample mascaras. I liked the Well People mascara alot but its almost as expensive as my favorite Mac mascara, so I can’t justify that purchase. The Elf Makeup Remover is great when you screw up your liner or mascara.
- Brush cleaner sample from Ipsy – It did clean my brushes but the 100 point Ipsy points it costs was ridiculous.
- Benefit lip stain – Hated this. The roses scent was way overpowering.
- Isopropyl alcohol – I go thru at least one of these a year. I use it to repress my makeup and sanitize powder products.
- 5 bottles of Maddscope from ScopeJuice – My all day vape.
- 4 bottles of Limeade and Abetting – Another favorite vape juice.
I hope you enjoyed looking at my Summer Empties. Im glad to be back sharing my thoughts with you.
I finished a bunch of things during the month of April. Below is a listing of those items as well as a photo of everything.
- I am decluttering two samples of the Marc Jacobs Remarcable foundation. They are the two lightest shades and oddly enough, they are too light for me.
- I finished the Sephora solid cleanser. I like using this to clean my makeup brushes. I used to use baby shampoo and olive oil but using a solid is much quicker and easier. I have repurchased.
- I finished a sample of Lush’s Don’t Look at Me fresh face mask. This stuff smells like Fruity Pebbles cereal. It’s a great exfoliater and it brightens my skin. I will purchase once I use up my other face masks because this one expires relatively quick.
- I used up the Ole Henriksen sheer transformation moisturizer. I LOVE this moisturizer. It works wonderfully under makeup. This was in my Skincare Sample Showdown Project Pan.
- I also used up the Belif true cream aqua bomb moisturizer. While I did enjoy using this, it was thicker than the Ole Henriksen. It does have a pleasant smell and sinks in quickly, but I don’t see myself purchasing it. This was also in my Skincare Sample Showdown Project Pan.
- I finished the Dionis white jasmine and shea hand cream. I love this hand cream. It has a wonderful scent and moisturizes my dry hands. I have already purchased a replacement.
- I have finished the Lush peppermint foot cream in what might be record time! This stuff makes my feet feel alive and it definitely moisturizes my feet. I have already repurchased.
- I used up the Sephora brow pencil. I really like the Sephora pencil. The only real flaw is the end that has a comb and not a spoolie. They are about $12. I do have a back-up so I won’t be repurchasing right now but I would if I didn’t have back-up brow products.
- I used up a Neutrogena makeup remover wipe pack. I do like these but I prefer the pack that’s green. I do have a couple back-up packs, so I don’t have to repurchase yet.
- I used up a Simple cleansing facial wipe packet. These are just a sample pack of 7 that I received in a subscription box. I think they changed the wipe because I didnt used to like these, but they worked a lot better than I remember.
- I completely killed two Revlon nail files. I use one for my hands and one for my toe nails. I have purchased two new files.
- I finished the Vichy cleanser. I had never used a product from Vichy before and this was a mild cleanser. I did like using it but it did not remove makeup despite the claim that this was a one-step cleanser. I would not repurchase.
- The Estee Edit oil cleanser was a complete surprise to me. I’ve been using some other cleansing oils that do not perform as well as this one, and once I use those other oil cleansers up, I will consider purchasing this one.
- The Cetaphil cleanser is one of my favorites. I usually refill this small travel bottle but I somehow ruined the threading in this bottle. I like using this as my second cleanse after removing my makeup but I’ve removed makeup with this cleanser before. It’s very gentle on the skin and leaves your face feeling clean. I have a large pump bottle that I’ve refilled this smaller one but when it runs out, it will be repurchased.
- The Dove dry oil moisture Moroccan Arian oil body wash was awesome. It didn’t leave a soapy feeling behind and smelled fantastic. I have some other body washes but it’s definitely one I would consider purchasing.
- What sort of empties post would this be without a couple bottles of Scopejuice? I went hard this month finishing up THREE BOTTLES! Somehow I managed to not have anything else to vape but this juice. I would and have repurchased.
So those were the products I finished up in April. Did you finish anything?