Ive recently had some changes occur in all of my projects and wanted to document them.
2020 Rolling Project Pan (year long project with makeup and skincare)
Since beginning this project, I have finished 6 makeup items and 8 skincare products placed in this project. I finished a primer and eyeliner this month so I will be adding in the Elf Poreless Putty Primer and the Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in Black
9 by November Seasonal Project Pan
I have finished 6 products placed in this project (I actually ended up finishing 4 deluxe sized eye creams since starting this project)
I still have the Sunday Riley Luna Oil and Peter Thomas Roth moisturizer and mask as well as the Strivectin Neck Cream to finish, but Im confident that Ill have all but the mask finished by November.
1,000 item declutter project
I surpassed the 1,000 item mark last weekend and we arent even halfway finished going thru our storage area. That isnt even including the items I havent been able to donate yet. I will be doing a dedicated post about this process towards the end of the year. I will still be decluttering and adding to the amount.
How are you doing on your projects this year? I know Covid really put a damper on so many project pans this year.
Its hard to believe that we have almost reach the end of another month.
Ive been keeping myself busy with both small and large projects. We are still cleaning out our storage, but since my significant other is working a full time job and the weather here has been so hot and humid, its been slow going.
Ive been steadily finishing up some of the older items in my collection and really putting a dent into what Ive accumulated in regards to skincare products.
I was able to finish a few items in my projects (which I will be updating shortly). And I colored my hair this month!
This months empties total is $165.47!
How have you been doing? Have you finished anything this month?
Its so hard to believe that its August!
I had a pretty light month for empties but surprisingly finished up 3 eye cream deluxe samples. Unfortunately, the Clinique and Clarins samples were barely filled halfway – so I dont have a huge feeling of accomplishment. I am in the midst of finishing another Clarins eye cream sample that was barely filled, as well. I did not post another update for them because I finished them within a few uses. I wont be adding another eye cream to my project because I think 4 is enough to keep track of!
Despite the packaging, the Curology moisturizer was a cleanser. It was a recent Allure Beauty Box product and I received an email stating there was a mistake of some sort and to see which one I received. Suffice it to say, I received the mislabeled/mispackaged item so I did receive a replacement moisturizer from Curology.
Im almost finished another Ulta lilac lotion (in addition to the one shown here) and only have one more sample after that left. Ill probably be taking a break from it because Im a bit bored with it.
My total for July is $42.48
This is by no means impressive, but considering how many older items Ive used this year, I am still impressed.
Were you able to finish anything?
June was definitely a great month for empties. It may not look like it but there are a lot of empties! It almost seemed like I had something finished every other day or so….
I managed to finish a cleanser, setting powder and lotion from my 2020 Project Pan. I will be updating that project with Thursdays post.
My empties total for the month of June is $138.38! That brings year to date total to $597.86!!
I will be decluttering this face mask. Not only is my face not oily these days, but this mask is definitely expired. It was my oldest face mask so its not a surprise. I dont remember how much is costs but a quick google search gives me an estimated cost of $10. I managed to finish about half of it.
My year to date total on decluttered products is $185.05
How did you do this month? Were you able to finish or declutter items?
After completion of my mostly successful skin care sample project, I wanted to do one that I could carry into the fall.
Since Im still not wearing much makeup, I wanted to continue with using up my skincare. Ive really been concentrating on my skincare since February because my skin has been exceptionally dry. Im usually only able to use these products during the winter and want to take advantage of them while I can and before they expire.
So my next project will be 9 by November. This project caught my attention when I viewed a video from Too Much TashI really liked the premise of another short term project and I wanted to put my own spin on it.
The items listed below are all skincare. I have chosen to put some full size skin care items in this project.
- Cleanser – Simple Hydrating Face Wash
- Toner -Pixi Retinol
- Serum – Vitabrid
- Eye Cream – Caudalie (roll over)
- Facial Oil – Sunday Riley Luna (roll over)
- Day Moisturizer – Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water
- Night Moisturizer – Boscia Cactus Water
- Face Mask – Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water
- Neck Cream – Strivectin
Once I finish these skincare products, all of the skincare products I have are items procured in late 2019-present.
Are you going to be doing a short term project? Will you join this one?
I wanted to share some of my favorite skin care products with you. Almost all are fairly new finds to me but quickly worked their way into my routine.
Before I begin, I have to let you know that I have VERY oily skin. Its less oily during the fall/winter months, but its never not oily. Im also over 40 so my concerns are specific to aging skin.
- The Origins Check and Balances Frothy Face Wash is my absolute favorite cleanser. I use this as a second cleanse once my makeup is removed. You only need a pea sized amount and it foams up and leaves your skin feeling so refreshed and clean. This has been a favorite for years.
- The Pixi Glow Tonic has been raved about for years, but I finally tried it and it is worth the hype in my opinion. I saw such a difference in my skin from using it. I have to finish my former favorite toner (it was a favorite for many years) but as you can see, Ive purchased more Glow Tonic.
- One of the most recent finds for me is the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. I ordered the Charlotte Tilbury Advent Box and tried this cream and it really is magical. I dont know what is in it that makes my skin look so great, but I have gone many days without make up on my face when Ive used this. I actually purchased another small size because I dont want to be without it.
- The Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Cloud Cream is fantastic. This moisturizer is light and sinks in right away making my skin feel incredible. I am so thankful to have received this in a Sephora Play box a couple years ago because its been a holy grail ever since. (The Neutrogena HydroBoost moisturizer is a decent dupe for a drug store option)
- I cant remember who told me about the Kiehls creamy eye treatment being a great eye cream option but Im telling you! Its so moisturizing without being sticky and doesnt give me those bumps under my skin that other eye creams have done.
I have never really had favorites when it came to masking – except for the fact that my skin loves charcoal and clay. This year I wanted to find other types of masks that wouldnt dry my skin out so much and let me tell you…..I have found some fantastic products.
- The Neutrogena Hydro Boost line is fantastic in general, but the hydrogel masks are something that has made me love sheet masks. These are literally the first sheet masks I have truly loved. (Ive since tried the Ulta version and like those as well.) These soothe and hydrate the skin and do not slide all around your face!
- I have fallen in love with hydrogel eye masks as well. Right now Im using the Ulta brand version. Hydrogels do not slide around so you can do other things while masking.
- The Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water Atomic Heat Mask is another find from a Sephora Play Box. Not only do I love the results of this mask, but the process is quick and is an experience! In short, you spread this on a dry face, wait about two minutes, then dampen your hands with cool water. The cool water activates the mask and your face will get warm. You massage your face until the heat factor goes away – then you rinse off. (The moisturizer from this line is a fantastic night cream for me.)
Have you found any new skin care favorites?
Somehow time is passing by and I realized I am WAY behind on posting. Again, we are nearly at the end of September and I havent even posted my empties for August.
It was another light month for empties.
This month I finished 6 perfume samples!
I finished my favorite cleanser as well as a Bobbi Brown eyeshadow stick -which were both in a recent project and a Lush soap bar.
This months empties total is $36.64!!
Have you finished anything youve been working on?
We are already at the end of August and I realized that I havent posted my empties for the month of July. So, without further ado, here are my empties for July.
This months empties total is $42.68!!
I was most impressed with the Pixi Glow Tonic and I am not surprised that it has a cult following. I had definite results by the end of the bottle. I have repurchased but I do have to use up a few other toners before I can open another. Its safe to say that Pixi will now be my toner of choice.
My year end total so far is a little over $900!!!! How are you doing this year on using up products? Are you keeping track?
Let me know in the comments!
My birthday is next week (the 19th) and after receiving those emails with the coupons/codes, I decided to make some purchases.
Most of my purchases were skin care related.
I purchased some sheet masks, facial sprays and a Peter Thomas Roth brush on sunscreen from Ulta. I really enjoyed the Neutrogena sheet masks so I stocked up on those. I wanted to try some watermelon based skin care, so Im trying out the Ulta brand.
I chose the Drunk Elephant birthday gift from Sephora. I really have been enjoying the Peter Thomas Roth mask sample I have, so I purchased it in the full size. The Sephora lip infusions are $3 each and I really enjoy the two I already have. I also chose a Sephora brow product that might have been $3. I chose the Tarte lip balm from my VIB points, and the Moschino perfume (the windex bottle) was a code you put in if you spent $25-35. The other items were samples (they are all perfume samples).
My local BareMinerals store closed a few months ago so I didnt think I would get the free birthday shadow this year. I have sold/decluttered all of my other loose shadows from BareMinerals because I dont use them. However, this year I was able to choose which shade I wanted (out of three). I chose the Queen Phyllis shade because it makes for a great inner corner highlight. I also purchased a mini concealer (Im actually almost finished the one that has been in my project pan.) as well as a cream shadow. Both were in their sale section.
I won’t say how much I spent. (its not pretty) Ive been doing so well on my low-buy / no buy until now. HOWEVER, I am no where close to how much I spent last year and Ive been using quite alot up this year.
Have you been trying to spend less this year? Did you splurge for your birthday?
Today I am sharing my March empties. I love the satisfaction of finishing products.
- Cotton Rounds – I get these from the local dollar store and use them to take off my eye makeup and apply toner. I already have back ups.
- Garnier Whole blends Legendary Olive Shampoo and Condioner – This smelled incredible but did nothing for my hair. Would not purchase.
- Hask Chia Seed shampoo and Conditioner – I love how good Hask shampoo and conditioner smells, but only the Superfruit does anything for my hair.
- Loreal Ever Pure shampoo and Conditioner – I think I found this sample in a magazine. I did not like this at all. It made my scalp and hair feel heavy. Would not purchase.
- Ion Effective Hair Treatment – I get this from Sallys and use it with my Manic Panic or other dyes. It takes forever to finish up because of how I use it. They have changed the packaging but I have already repurchased.
- Shiseido Cotton – I love these and I do treat myself every now and then to a pack. I mostly use them for vaping tho.
- Dior Poison Girl – I have loved this perfume and have placed this in my Loves list at Sephora.
- Mon Guerlain – I love this perfume and do have a small rollerball (or is it a spray?).
- L’occitane hand cream – I love this hand cream. I got an Advent calendar as well as a free gift coupon so this is 1 of 3 hand cream samples I have.
- Benefit Roller Lash DS – I absolutely love this mascara and have a few others as backups already.
- Sephora Outrageous Curl mascara – This is one of my favorite mascaras. I have some others to work thru but I do plan on repurchasing.
- Clinique Take the Day off eye makeup remover – This worked alright but the Sephora brand, as well the Neutrogena brand work better for less money.
- MaddScope – What would an empties post be without my all day vape?
- No Frill Mills – Lemon Creme Filled Doughnut – I tried this juice and its ok. Its better than the other lemon juice I tried from this brand. I have repurchased if that tells you anything.
- Mac Prep + Prime primer – I love these samples. I think I might have two more left to use up, but anytime I get an order from Mac, I always get more.
- Peter Thomas Roth water drench moisturizer – I LOVE LOVE LOVE this moisturizer. I have some moisturizers to use up before I can purchase, but I hope its still being made by then.
- Clinique eye cream – I dont remember what the specific type is, but it works great and Id love a full size. I do have a bunch of samples as well as a full size BareMinerals eye cream to go thru first.
- Caudalie VinoPerfect Cell Renewal night cream – I used this but would not buy it. I didnt notice anything out of the ordinary to justify the price tag for this.
- Claritin – Because allergies suck.
Did you finish anything up this month?