We are already at the end of August and I realized that I havent posted my empties for the month of July. So, without further ado, here are my empties for July.
This months empties total is $42.68!!
I was most impressed with the Pixi Glow Tonic and I am not surprised that it has a cult following. I had definite results by the end of the bottle. I have repurchased but I do have to use up a few other toners before I can open another. Its safe to say that Pixi will now be my toner of choice.
My year end total so far is a little over $900!!!! How are you doing this year on using up products? Are you keeping track?
Let me know in the comments!
My birthday is next week (the 19th) and after receiving those emails with the coupons/codes, I decided to make some purchases.
Most of my purchases were skin care related.
I purchased some sheet masks, facial sprays and a Peter Thomas Roth brush on sunscreen from Ulta. I really enjoyed the Neutrogena sheet masks so I stocked up on those. I wanted to try some watermelon based skin care, so Im trying out the Ulta brand.
I chose the Drunk Elephant birthday gift from Sephora. I really have been enjoying the Peter Thomas Roth mask sample I have, so I purchased it in the full size. The Sephora lip infusions are $3 each and I really enjoy the two I already have. I also chose a Sephora brow product that might have been $3. I chose the Tarte lip balm from my VIB points, and the Moschino perfume (the windex bottle) was a code you put in if you spent $25-35. The other items were samples (they are all perfume samples).
My local BareMinerals store closed a few months ago so I didnt think I would get the free birthday shadow this year. I have sold/decluttered all of my other loose shadows from BareMinerals because I dont use them. However, this year I was able to choose which shade I wanted (out of three). I chose the Queen Phyllis shade because it makes for a great inner corner highlight. I also purchased a mini concealer (Im actually almost finished the one that has been in my project pan.) as well as a cream shadow. Both were in their sale section.
I won’t say how much I spent. (its not pretty) Ive been doing so well on my low-buy / no buy until now. HOWEVER, I am no where close to how much I spent last year and Ive been using quite alot up this year.
Have you been trying to spend less this year? Did you splurge for your birthday?
Today I am sharing my March empties. I love the satisfaction of finishing products.
- Cotton Rounds – I get these from the local dollar store and use them to take off my eye makeup and apply toner. I already have back ups.
- Garnier Whole blends Legendary Olive Shampoo and Condioner – This smelled incredible but did nothing for my hair. Would not purchase.
- Hask Chia Seed shampoo and Conditioner – I love how good Hask shampoo and conditioner smells, but only the Superfruit does anything for my hair.
- Loreal Ever Pure shampoo and Conditioner – I think I found this sample in a magazine. I did not like this at all. It made my scalp and hair feel heavy. Would not purchase.
- Ion Effective Hair Treatment – I get this from Sallys and use it with my Manic Panic or other dyes. It takes forever to finish up because of how I use it. They have changed the packaging but I have already repurchased.
- Shiseido Cotton – I love these and I do treat myself every now and then to a pack. I mostly use them for vaping tho.
- Dior Poison Girl – I have loved this perfume and have placed this in my Loves list at Sephora.
- Mon Guerlain – I love this perfume and do have a small rollerball (or is it a spray?).
- L’occitane hand cream – I love this hand cream. I got an Advent calendar as well as a free gift coupon so this is 1 of 3 hand cream samples I have.
- Benefit Roller Lash DS – I absolutely love this mascara and have a few others as backups already.
- Sephora Outrageous Curl mascara – This is one of my favorite mascaras. I have some others to work thru but I do plan on repurchasing.
- Clinique Take the Day off eye makeup remover – This worked alright but the Sephora brand, as well the Neutrogena brand work better for less money.
- MaddScope – What would an empties post be without my all day vape?
- No Frill Mills – Lemon Creme Filled Doughnut – I tried this juice and its ok. Its better than the other lemon juice I tried from this brand. I have repurchased if that tells you anything.
- Mac Prep + Prime primer – I love these samples. I think I might have two more left to use up, but anytime I get an order from Mac, I always get more.
- Peter Thomas Roth water drench moisturizer – I LOVE LOVE LOVE this moisturizer. I have some moisturizers to use up before I can purchase, but I hope its still being made by then.
- Clinique eye cream – I dont remember what the specific type is, but it works great and Id love a full size. I do have a bunch of samples as well as a full size BareMinerals eye cream to go thru first.
- Caudalie VinoPerfect Cell Renewal night cream – I used this but would not buy it. I didnt notice anything out of the ordinary to justify the price tag for this.
- Claritin – Because allergies suck.
Did you finish anything up this month?
This post is a continuation of my November 30 Advent Calendars post, so please see that for an explanation of this project.
Here are the items chosen for the second half of the Project Pan Advent Calendar:
- Dec 13 – Becca First Light Priming Filter primer
- Dec 14 – Bareminerals Complexion Rescue gel
- Dec 15 – tarte Frxxxtion Stick
- Dec 16 – Bareminerals Blemish Remedy
- Dec 17 – Elf eyebrow powder
- Dec 18 – Marc Jacobs twinkle pop eyeshadow stick (Frannie)
- Dec 19 – Strivectin serum (yellow)
- Dec 20 – Ulta eye primer
- Dec 21 – Sephora moisturizer (foil pack)
- Dec 22 – Elf prep and Hydrate balm
- Dec 23 – Shiseido quick fix mist
- Dec 24 – Peter Thomas Roth water drench cloud cream
Did you participate in a project like this or purchase an Advent calendar this year?
Ive been a Sephora Play Box subscriber for about a year now, and for the last few weeks Ive been hearing alot of people online complain about this months products. I hardly ever get what I see others unbox and I hadn’t seen anything ‘offensive’ unboxed when Ive searched.
Im actually pretty happy with the items I do receive. So, I waited for my package to arrive. This months box showed up a little bit earlier than they usually do, so I was quite happy about that right off the bat.
Pictured below are the items I received.
- Sephora waterproof eye makeup remover – Ive only heard great things about this product, and I believe I picked up a trial size in the checkout line. I dont really recall anything about it, but Im excited to try it.
- Daisy from Marc Jacobs – I really like the Daisy perfumes. Daisy Dream is my favorite but this one is very nice.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer – I think this was one of the first primers on the market. It didnt really do much for me back then, but Ill try it again and see if it works now.
- Kate Somerville exfoliator – Im really excited to try this. Ive been meaning to pick up something from her line from some time now but havent yet.
- Makeup Forever Aqua XL pencil eyeliner – I LOVE this eyeliner in my water line. I got one a while ago as a point perk and Im almost finished it and I had it on my wish list, but now I dont have to buy it yet!
- Peter Thomas Roth water drench moisturizer – For someone with oily skin, this scares me, but in my ‘research’ online, Ive heard hyaluronic acids are good for mature and oily skin!
After receiving my Sephora Play Box, Im perplexed about why people are upset. Even the variations Ive seen online aren’t bad in my opinion.
Do you subscribe to Sephora Play? If so, are you upset about the products you received this month?