Its so hard to believe that its August!
I had a pretty light month for empties but surprisingly finished up 3 eye cream deluxe samples. Unfortunately, the Clinique and Clarins samples were barely filled halfway – so I dont have a huge feeling of accomplishment. I am in the midst of finishing another Clarins eye cream sample that was barely filled, as well. I did not post another update for them because I finished them within a few uses. I wont be adding another eye cream to my project because I think 4 is enough to keep track of!
Despite the packaging, the Curology moisturizer was a cleanser. It was a recent Allure Beauty Box product and I received an email stating there was a mistake of some sort and to see which one I received. Suffice it to say, I received the mislabeled/mispackaged item so I did receive a replacement moisturizer from Curology.
Im almost finished another Ulta lilac lotion (in addition to the one shown here) and only have one more sample after that left. Ill probably be taking a break from it because Im a bit bored with it.
My total for July is $42.48
This is by no means impressive, but considering how many older items Ive used this year, I am still impressed.
Were you able to finish anything?
Thankfully 2020 is halfway over. Who would have thought that back in January so many plans would have to be modified so much? Admittedly I do A LOT of skincare projects and its no surprise that my 2020 Rolling Project Pan has focused on the skincare products Ive chosen.
I have finished 15 items that have been in my 2020 project and while that does seem to be successful, there are several categories Im still struggling to use.
If you read my last post you will know that I finished a cleanser, setting powder and had to declutter an expired face mask. So I am rolling the next oldest products in my collection in those categories.
- Cleanser – Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash. While this isnt the cleanser I need to use for how my skin is currently, its my oldest cleanser so I need to use it up. Ill be using it as my morning cleanse.
- Mask – Kate Somerville Exfolikate. I love this mask and Ive used almost half of the tube.
- Setting Powder – Makeup Forever HD powder. Ive never used this powder before but I know several people who love it as much as the Laura Mercier.
I also change up which perfumes I use during this time of year. So, Ive rolled in my Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream rollerball into the project. Ill be using this perfume until sometime early fall when I will roll the Elizabeth and James Nirvana back into the project.
Have you been struggling with your year long projects? Have you finished many products?
June was definitely a great month for empties. It may not look like it but there are a lot of empties! It almost seemed like I had something finished every other day or so….
I managed to finish a cleanser, setting powder and lotion from my 2020 Project Pan. I will be updating that project with Thursdays post.
My empties total for the month of June is $138.38! That brings year to date total to $597.86!!
I will be decluttering this face mask. Not only is my face not oily these days, but this mask is definitely expired. It was my oldest face mask so its not a surprise. I dont remember how much is costs but a quick google search gives me an estimated cost of $10. I managed to finish about half of it.
My year to date total on decluttered products is $185.05
How did you do this month? Were you able to finish or declutter items?
I did not use alot of products up this month. A lot of that has to do with my medical issues during the last week.
My skin was unusually dry so I used some really moisturizing sheet masks. One stand out was the Peach and Lilly sheet mask. I actually received this mask as a free sample! I received a set of Karuna sheet masks in my FabFitFun box and so far, Ive really enjoyed using them.
I did manage to use up $76!!
What did you finish last month?
I can hardly believe that we have finished a month into the new year already. I did not finish up a lot of products this month, but I managed to finish up some deluxe sized skincare and two perfume samples.
Since many of these products make regular appearances in my empties, I do not have much to say about any of these items that I havent said already.
This months empties total is $78.78
Were you able to finish anything last month?
I cannot believe that the year is over! The end of another decade. The beginning of something new is about to occur…
The end of a year is something special. You can say goodbye to the old and hello to the new. You can strive to be something more. You can reinvent yourself.
On a makeup related note: Make sure to replace your mascaras, makeup sponges and liquid liners if you have had them in use over 3 months. Dont start your year using old or dirty tools 🙂
This months empties total is $185.45!!
Our total amount for 2019 is $1,419.50!
This amount far exceeds what I thought I would have used up for the year! It all adds up.
How many products did you finish this month?
I wanted to share some of my favorite skin care products with you. Almost all are fairly new finds to me but quickly worked their way into my routine.
Before I begin, I have to let you know that I have VERY oily skin. Its less oily during the fall/winter months, but its never not oily. Im also over 40 so my concerns are specific to aging skin.
- The Origins Check and Balances Frothy Face Wash is my absolute favorite cleanser. I use this as a second cleanse once my makeup is removed. You only need a pea sized amount and it foams up and leaves your skin feeling so refreshed and clean. This has been a favorite for years.
- The Pixi Glow Tonic has been raved about for years, but I finally tried it and it is worth the hype in my opinion. I saw such a difference in my skin from using it. I have to finish my former favorite toner (it was a favorite for many years) but as you can see, Ive purchased more Glow Tonic.
- One of the most recent finds for me is the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. I ordered the Charlotte Tilbury Advent Box and tried this cream and it really is magical. I dont know what is in it that makes my skin look so great, but I have gone many days without make up on my face when Ive used this. I actually purchased another small size because I dont want to be without it.
- The Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Cloud Cream is fantastic. This moisturizer is light and sinks in right away making my skin feel incredible. I am so thankful to have received this in a Sephora Play box a couple years ago because its been a holy grail ever since. (The Neutrogena HydroBoost moisturizer is a decent dupe for a drug store option)
- I cant remember who told me about the Kiehls creamy eye treatment being a great eye cream option but Im telling you! Its so moisturizing without being sticky and doesnt give me those bumps under my skin that other eye creams have done.
I have never really had favorites when it came to masking – except for the fact that my skin loves charcoal and clay. This year I wanted to find other types of masks that wouldnt dry my skin out so much and let me tell you…..I have found some fantastic products.
- The Neutrogena Hydro Boost line is fantastic in general, but the hydrogel masks are something that has made me love sheet masks. These are literally the first sheet masks I have truly loved. (Ive since tried the Ulta version and like those as well.) These soothe and hydrate the skin and do not slide all around your face!
- I have fallen in love with hydrogel eye masks as well. Right now Im using the Ulta brand version. Hydrogels do not slide around so you can do other things while masking.
- The Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water Atomic Heat Mask is another find from a Sephora Play Box. Not only do I love the results of this mask, but the process is quick and is an experience! In short, you spread this on a dry face, wait about two minutes, then dampen your hands with cool water. The cool water activates the mask and your face will get warm. You massage your face until the heat factor goes away – then you rinse off. (The moisturizer from this line is a fantastic night cream for me.)
Have you found any new skin care favorites?
My apologies to those who were expecting a post last week. Its always crazy around the 4th of July for us.
Last month I concentrated on perfume and foil samples. I was able to finish 4 of my perfume samples and many skincare foils.
This months empties total is $70.39!!
Did you finish anything last month?
For July I am going to be concentrating on finishing up a lot of the deluxe sized face masks I had begun for the May Mask Challenge.
My birthday is next week (the 19th) and after receiving those emails with the coupons/codes, I decided to make some purchases.
Most of my purchases were skin care related.
I purchased some sheet masks, facial sprays and a Peter Thomas Roth brush on sunscreen from Ulta. I really enjoyed the Neutrogena sheet masks so I stocked up on those. I wanted to try some watermelon based skin care, so Im trying out the Ulta brand.
I chose the Drunk Elephant birthday gift from Sephora. I really have been enjoying the Peter Thomas Roth mask sample I have, so I purchased it in the full size. The Sephora lip infusions are $3 each and I really enjoy the two I already have. I also chose a Sephora brow product that might have been $3. I chose the Tarte lip balm from my VIB points, and the Moschino perfume (the windex bottle) was a code you put in if you spent $25-35. The other items were samples (they are all perfume samples).
My local BareMinerals store closed a few months ago so I didnt think I would get the free birthday shadow this year. I have sold/decluttered all of my other loose shadows from BareMinerals because I dont use them. However, this year I was able to choose which shade I wanted (out of three). I chose the Queen Phyllis shade because it makes for a great inner corner highlight. I also purchased a mini concealer (Im actually almost finished the one that has been in my project pan.) as well as a cream shadow. Both were in their sale section.
I won’t say how much I spent. (its not pretty) Ive been doing so well on my low-buy / no buy until now. HOWEVER, I am no where close to how much I spent last year and Ive been using quite alot up this year.
Have you been trying to spend less this year? Did you splurge for your birthday?
I have to say that I had a very good month of May. I was able to finish up several deluxe makeup and skin care products.
If you aren’t following my blog or my Instagram, you might not be aware that I am doing the May Mask Challenge by Lisa Stevens so this month of empties is a bit skin care heavy. My goal was to mask 15 times in May, but I managed to mask 24 days!
A major standout to me is the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Mask! You can’t beat the price and it made my skin feel so moisturized. I have very oily skin and most masks just make my skin feel slimy, but the Neutrogena Hydro Boost mask was outstanding. The serum just sunk right into my skin and it did not slide around like others have. You HAVE to try it!
This months empties total is $97.90!!
Did you participate in the May Mask Challenge?