I dont usually post on Saturdays, but I missed posting this yesterday.
Here are my thoughts on my March empties:
- Garner Micellar Water – I love this stuff! I use it to remove my eye makeup with a cotton round. I have already purchased a replacement.
- Eyeko Fat Eyeliner – I had this in a MakeUp Use Up for this year. I received this in a Birchbox and while I enjoyed using it, I would not repurchased because I prefer other brands.
- Eyeko Eyeliner – I had this in a MakeUp Use Up for this year. I got this item in a Birchbox and I did enjoy using it, but I would not repurchase because there are other brands I prefer.
- Elf Eyeliner – This is another item I had in a Makeup Use Up for this year. This is one of my favorite eyeliners. I have not repurchased, because I am trying out another Elf eyeliner that many people rave about.
- Dionis hand cream (White Jasmine and Shea) – I love this hand cream. This moisturizes my skin and smells fantastic. I have already repurchased.
- Mane and Tail shampoo – I hated this shampoo. It seemed to tangle my very short hair and I did not enjoy the scent.
- Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara – My holy grail mascara. I love the wand and you can’t beat the price. I already have a replacement.
- Milk Mascara – I received this in a beauty box and ended up really liking the way it performed. I would consider repurchasing.
- Scope Juice (MaddScope) – I am always buying this stuff. Its my favorite e-juice.
- ROC Neck Cream – I had this in a project pan. Im glad I finished it because it smelled horrible.
- Mac Prep and Prime – I had his in a project pan. I love using this in cooler months and I would definitely repurchase if I didnt have a bunch of samples to always use.
- Pack of cotton rounds – I use these with my Micellar Water to remove my eye makeup. I have repurchased.
- Alterna Caviar Shampoo and Conditioner – I liked the way these smelled but I saw no difference in my hair. Foil packets dont always give you the best results since you might get two uses out of them.
- Matrix Biolage Recover Shampoo and Conditioner – I really dont have much of an opinion on these except that the shampoo has a better scent than the conditioner.
So those were my empties for the month of March. Im actually impressed at how many samples Ive been able to move out of my collection already this year.
Did you finish any items?
I apologize for not having any posts last week. I caught whatever bug was going around and couldn’t hit the Publish button.
If you havent been following along, here is my original post describing what products I plan on using up this year. MakeUp Use Up 2017
The products I was able to finish were:
- BareMinerals Mineral Veil (deluxe)
- BareMinerals Lash Domination (both samples)
- Powerlash Mascara
- Elf Liquid Liner
- Eyeko Fat Liner
- Eyeko Liner
- Palladio Liner
- Chella Eyebrow pencil in Tantalizing Taupe
The products I decluttered were:
- Beautique Lip Crayon (too frosty on my lips)
- Covergirl Lip Liner in Raisin (dried out)
I have hit pan on Foxy in my Urban Decay Naked basics palette and have moved on to WOS. I am also using Venus as a brow highlight as well as inner corner highlight.
I also have good progress on my LOC shadow stick and the BareMinerals 5 in one cream eyeshadows.
Im pretty pleased with my progress so far, but the rest of the products will be a bit slower to finish than some of the ‘gimmes’ I put into this project. Im hoping to update again the beginning of July.
I know Im a couple weeks late to posting what I plan on using up in 2017, but I wanted to make sure I had updated my inventory and will be using up my oldest makeup products.
In total I have 36 items I plan to pan, but a few are deluxe or travel sized products and some should be finished by Spring/Summer if I put my mind to it.
- Bareminerals Mineral Veil Full Size – I am halfway done with this and I use it all the time, even on no makeup days. I do have another Mineral Veil in this size as well as a pressed version, but this is my oldest.
- Bareminerals Mineral Veil deluxe – I recently found this in an old makeup bag and its about halfway finished.
- Bareminerals Original Powder Foundation – This is my oldest powder foundation and its about halfway finished.
- Covergirl foundation powder – I just hit pan on this but its my oldest and only drug store face powder.
- Bareminerals Blemish Remedy Foundation – Im a little over halfway thru this.
- Palladio stick concealer – This is my oldest concealer and there is almost no use, so I need to use it up.
- Beautique Lip Crayon – I picked this up at a Sallys on sale and Ive only used it a couple of times.
- Covergirl Outlast Smoothwear Lip Liner – This only has minimum use.
- Chapstick Total Hydration – Lip Balms are a MUST especially in the winter. This is just one I recently received in a Walmart or Target Beauty Box that I need to use up.
- LOC Out of your Shell Shadow Stick – I recently got this in a Birchbox and I dont normally use shadow sticks. There is almost no use.
- Bareminerals 5 in 1 cream eyeshadows – There are two of these. I used to use them alot, but got distracted last summer by some of the great palettes that came out. Since these are cream products, I really need to use them up.
- Eyeshadow – I dont remember this brand but its a nice sparkly eyeshadow. It applies similarly to a liquid lipstick.
- Powerlash Mascara – This might be one of my older mascaras and it won’t take long to use up.
- Bareminerals Lash Domination deluxe samples – There are two of these. One is almost at the end of its life and the only I might have a week or so left.
- Elf liquid Eyeliner – This was a great eyeliner. Its almost completely finished. (This is an almost gimme)
- Eyeko Fat Liquid Liner – I feel like this liner is the gift that keeps on giving. I think its going to dry up at any moment tho because this is my oldest liquid eyeliner in the marker form.
- Eyeko Liquid Liner – I got this in a recent Ipsy or Birchbox but its so small I thought I could use it up quickly.
- Ulta Gel Eyeliner ‘Smoke’ – One of my older eyeliners for the waterline. I need to use this up and get it out of my collection.
- Ulta Double Sided Gel Eyeliner ‘Blackout’ ‘Mink’ – Received this as part of a set and just want to use it up. BlackOut is a great liner and for some reason Mink doesnt seem as good as the regular size liner in the same line.
- Palladio liquid liner – One of my older products. I just want to use it up.
- Chella Eyebrow Pencil ‘Tantalizing Taupe’ – I received this in a Birchbox and while the color is too light, mixing it with other brow products allows me to put this to use.
- Trestique Highlight Stick – I dont use highlighter on my cheeks (Im 40+ and my skin has noticeable texture) so I use this as a brow highlight and inner corner highlight.
- Naked Basics Palette – I am only trying to hit pan on Foxy. This is what I use to set my eye primer.
- Palladio Palette – I am only trying to hit pan on this palette. While this is one of my less expensive palettes, I still really enjoy the results I get when I wear these colors.
So those are the products I hope to pan in 2017. Below is how Im charting the progress of some of the products.
I will probably online update once a quarter since tracking progress can be slow. Updates will consist of informing you what items Ive finished and showing progress on the charts above (if there is noticeable progress).