I absolutely love trying out new perfumes. I used to love when they would put a sample in the Sephora Play boxes every month. I would try them out and get a roller-ball if I really liked how it wore on me.
But then, I noticed just how many perfumes I was collecting and so for the last couple of years, I made it a point to wear perfume everyday. Ive even put those small little samples into short-term projects so I could use and enjoy them, instead of them wasting away in a small drawer.
This is how many of those samples Ive accumulated.
I even started collecting those adorable deluxe sized perfumes.
I mean, seriously…..they look fantastic when on display. Surely Im not the only one who feels this way.
I don’t have many roller-balls, but they do fill up a coffee mug (that’s how I store them).
At least I knew enough not to buy any full sized perfumes. I recently had to declutter a full size Elizabeth Taylor perfume that had probably been sitting in a drawer for 12 years.
The best part about wearing perfume everyday is that you do actually use it up. Granted, Ive only used up samples, but its a start!
Ive actually used up 9 samples! It might not seem like a lot, but considering they were only ‘collecting dust’ I think Im doing great!
Do you have a perfume collection? Has it gotten out of hand? Are you trying to use them up? Let me know in the comments.
As you may know (if you read my blog regularly) I have been doing a rolling project pan that will go on all year. However, I love participating in seasonal projects as well. I was recently watching a video from Jacks Lorraine and was inspired to do my own take on her project/themes.
I will be starting this project on March 20th and running until June 21st. (First day of Spring until the first day of Summer). I know I won’t finish some of the products Ive chosen, but Id like to get some use out of them.
- Oldest: Mac Studio Fix powder foundation (NC15) – This is my oldest foundation. As you can see, I do have a dip and Id like to hit pan.
- Challenging: Mac Let’s Skate paint pot – Paint Pots are a challenge. Even painterly can take about 2 years to finish, and that’s with using it everyday. There is a dip in this product, and I would just like to see some progress.
- Seasonal: Becca First Light Priming Filter – This is a deluxe sample that I received in a Sephora play. I should be able to finish this by summer.
- Neglected: BareMinerals Correcting Concealer (Light 1) – I have almost half of this finished and would really like to have it done this year, so if I don’t finish it by June, I may roll this into my year round project.
- Easy: Makeup Forever Matte Velvet Skin Foundation (Y205) – This is also a deluxe sample from a Sephora Play box. I should not have any issue finishing this. This is one of the lightest shades Ive ever tried but Im actually this pale during winter, so it shouldn’t be a problem using.
I also wanted to throw in some perfume samples Ive accumulated. If you look at my recent empties posts, you will see that I am regularly using them up. I still have quite the perfume sample collection and really want to use them up.
- Chanel – Gabrielle
- Tokyo Milk – Awaken Within
- Philosophy – Amazing Grace
- Emporio Armani – Because It’s You
Are you doing any seasonal projects? Would you like to join in on this one? If so, make sure to tag me in your posts!