I can hardly believe its already June! And, as always, Im sharing all of the products I finished up in May. I feel like I finished up alot of things in comparison to prior months.
- Cotton Rounds – I get these from my local dollar store. I usually get 2 or 3 packs at a time.
- Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Soap – I love this cleanser. I purchased this after trying a deluxe sample. I purchased two from Ulta because they had a special double points offer.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray – This item was in my project pan. I bought this to try out after hearing everyone online love it. Unfortunately Im not a fan of the scent. I did purchase another facial spray, but its the lavender variation.
- Sephora Micellar Water (Charcoal) – I got this from the sale section on Sephoras site. I do have two other bottles, but one is coconut and another is a lemon (I think). I did like it but the charcoal was a bit intense.
- Clarins Lotion – I used this as a hand lotion and enjoyed it, but after seeing how expensive it is, I won’t be repurchasing.
- Caudalie Resveratrol Moisturizer – I had this in my latest project pan. I received this in a Sephora Play box. I didnt see any improvement in my skin. I won’t repurchase.
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer – I love this. I have not purchased a full size because Im still working thru lotions I have in my collection. Im glad I finished this because it was in my latest project pan.
- Algenist Genius Liquid Collagen – This stuff was INCREDIBLE! I have another sample to use. I want to purchase but its pretty expensive.
- Algenist Sleeping Pack – This was the best night moisturizer Ive ever used. It is currently in my wish list.
- Ban deodorant – Two words-HATED it! Wont repurchase but I did use it up. Thank goodness I stopped getting Target Beauty Boxes.
- Skin Inc Exfoliator – I got this in a Sephora Play Box and did not like it at all. Personally, I think this is a gimmick.
- Hydra-C Eye Cream – I did like this, but I won’t be purchasing because I have one full size BareMinerals eye cream and a couple other samples to work thru.
- Korres Foaming Cream Cleanser – I did not like this cleanser and do not think its worth the price.
- Sunday Riley Good Genes – These two samples make me really like this product. I think the one I received in my Sephora Play (and recently finished) might have been old. The smell and consistency of these two foil packets was different from the tube. I purchased the Clay Cleanser and Good Genes pack from Sephora and have already started using it.
- Boscia Black Cleanser – I really like this cleanser and have purchased a full size.
- Essense Make me Brow – I liked this. It controls the unruly brows while adding some fullness. Ive already repurchased.
- Holly Berry Eyebrow Serum – I started using this but forgot about it and its expired now. I would not repurchase because I did not see any difference in brow growth.
- Marc Jacobs Mascara – This was one of the products in my project pan. The brush was too big on my lashes and I thought the formula was too wet and heavy for me. I can see why others like it, but its not for me.
- Marcelle Mascara – This was another item that was in my project pan. The wand on this was interesting and I liked the formula. I would repurchase but I have alot of mascaras to work thru first.
- Stila Stay all Day Eyeliner – I really did like this and it seemed to last awhile before finally drying out. Its something I might repurchase in the future.
- Bumble and Bumble Hair Oil – I got this as a sample from Sephora but the packaging on this made the product hard to work with without making a mess. I have a deluze sample from a 250 or 500 point perk that I will try.
- Dr Jart Water Drop Moisturizer – This was another sample I asked for in Sephora. I did not like this moisturizer at all, and am decluttering it.
- Ulta Bronzer – This bronzer is my of my oldest products and it crumbles every time I opened the palette I had it in. Decluttering. I would purchase another bronzer from Ulta in the future.
- Ulta Blush – This blush is my of my oldest products and it crumbles every time I opened the palette I had it in. Decluttering. I would purchase another blush from Ulta in the future.
- Palladio Eyeshadow Palette – This is another old makeup item that I am decluttering. I recently tried using it and it was difficult to work with and have show up. I would purchase another palette from Palladio. I get Palladio makeup from Sallys.
- Deadline Limeaid and Abetting – I love this juice but have not repurchased due to trying other juices.
- Fuzion Vapor Poison Apple – I bought this for my 5 year vape-a-versary because it was a juice I vaped back in 2013. Its still as good as I remember.
- TMaxx Lemon Creme Filled Doughnut – I liked this more than I thought I would. It needs to steep about a month for best flavor.
- TMaxx Vanilla Mint Candy – This tastes like tic tacs. So good. I bought a 100 ml bottle!
- TMaxx Vanilla Creme Filled Doughnut – I liked this more than the lemon version which surprised me. I havent repurchased yet, but I plan on getting it soon!
- Not Too Shabby Like a Sir – This juice is incredibly good! Its a coil gunker. I will repurchase!
- Scope MaddScope – Saving the best for last! I have repurchased. I dont even like real iced oatmeal cookies!
What did you finish up last month?
April is almost here so I decided to get an early start on a new seasonal project pan. This one will go until June 21st.
The products Ill be using in this project have been used at least once.
- Anastasia Brow Definer – I have about an inch and a half of product left. Ive been using this for a majority of the last year. Im hoping to use it up.
- Caudalie Resveratrol moisturizer – Ive used this twice and am hoping to finish it up. I got this in a Sephora Play box sometime last year.
- Drunk Elephant Night Serum – I just started using this and figured it would last about a month. I got this in a Sephora skin care favorite sets for Christmas.
- Marcelle mascara – I believe this came from a Sephora Play. I just started using this in conjunction with the other mascara in this project.
- Marc Jacobs mascara – This also came from a Sephora Play box. This is the mascara almost everyone loves. I just opened this to use in this project.
- Dr Jart Cicapair cream – I used this cream once (right after a chemical peel). And I wanted to use it up before summer because my skin is the oiliest during summer.
- Sunday Riley Good Genes Lactic Acid treatment – I received this in a Sephora Play box and have used it once or twice.
- Kate Somerville Retinol eye cream – Ive used this a handful of times and Im not sure if I like it or not. Id like to use it up.
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer – I think I got this in a Walmart Beauty Box. I havent opened it yet, but Ive used it before and enjoyed it.
- Mario Badescu facial spray – Im about half way thru this spray and would like to use it up so I can enjoy the lavender spray.
Are you doing a seasonal project pan?
Are you getting ready for summer?
With the completion of Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty, I thought I would share with you the items I purchased, as well as share items I purchased from an Ulta Grand Opening in my area.
I really only ‘needed’ the Anastasia Brow Wiz and thats the only item I picked up from the sale, but I did get some items I had been waiting to buy.
The Brow Wiz was on sale for $9.50 which is a HUGE deal, so I picked up two. The Clinique trio was on sale for $9.75 ($10 off) so I got that as well. I love that gel moisturizer. I was in need of two new nail files (I use one for my toes and the other for my finger nails) and the Dionis hand cream is my favorite and it was 2 for $4.99 and they are regularly $3.49 each. The Essense mascaras were buy 1 get one half off, and I had been wanting to try them for awhile so I got those too!
I also qualified for this sample bag since my order was above a certain amount.
As you can see, it was filled with LOTS of goodies!
And then this weekend, we had a local Ulta Grand Opening. Unfortunately we didnt get there early enough to be one of the first one hundred customers (We were like 120th) but I did pick up a couple things Ive had my eye on.
Someone sent me an email to tell me that Clean & Clear still made the Morning Burst cleaner so I was able to get that. We will see if it lives up to the one Im currently finishing up. I also got the full size of the Mario Badescu seaweed cleansing soap. I really enjoyed the sample I used up in my project pan. I pulled the trigger on a lotion/body mist combo that someone had told me was fantastic, plus Ulta was buy 1 get one half off. I also saw this really cute Z-Palette that was a collab between Z-Palette and Ulta and its PINK! Its been out of stock online, but I saw it in store and had to pick it up.
Did you pick up anything during the 21 Days of Beauty Sale?
Here are my thoughts on my February empties:
- Keratin conditioner – I did not see an improvement using this product.
- Rodial toning spray – I had this in my samples project. I didnt hate using this toner, but I won’t go out of my way to purchase this.
- Mario badescu cleanser – I had this in my samples project. I did enjoy using this and once I get thru the other cleansers I have, I would consider purchasing it.
- Not Your Mothers Leave in Conditioner – This had a pleasant smell, but I didnt see any benefit using this versus not using it.
- Nivea Lotion – While I did like how moisturizing this lotion was, I did not like it in a potted package.
- Vasanti Brighten Up Exfoliating Cleanser – I did enjoy this and worked thru 2 samples.
- Urban Decay Setting Spray – It did set my makeup in place the entire day, but so does my less expensive Ulta brand.
- BareMinerals Complexion Rescue – LOVE this product. I have a full sized tube and had forgotten about this small sample.
- Mac Prep + Prime – This was a nice primer to use in the cooler months when my skin isnt as oily.
- Model Co Powerlash mascara – This was in my make-up use up project. I did like this mascara.
- Palladio liquid eyeliner – This was in my make-up use up project. I LOVE this eyeliner. I always repurchase.
- Chella eyebrow pencil – This was in my make-up use up project. This shade was too light for me
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer – I did like how it made my skin feel. The scent was pleasant.
- Nivea In Shower Body lotion – While I liked the way this smelled, I did not like having to rinse it off.
- Plumes of Hazard Way Up Here (120 ml / 30 ml bottle) – Its safe to say that I like this e-liquid. My next purchase will be the Limeaid version however.
- Scope Maddscope – MY ADV without a doubt.
- Vaseline Intensive Care lotion – I liked this lotion for in my purse.
A month ago I posted my 9 Samples to Spring panning project. (See post here if you missed it: 9 Samples to Spring )
I have used up all but a small amount of the Mario Badescu cleanser (this will probably be done by the end of the week), one of the tubes of Mac’s Prep + Prime, and the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue.
I think Ive done great considering Ive only been using these products for a month.
Ive always loved watching project pan videos as well as reading project pan posts online, so this year I decided to actively pan. I havent updated my makeup inventory yet, so I thought I would pan my skin care samples-starting with my oldest samples.
Most of the items in this project were received in an Ipsy bag, Birchbox or as a deluxe sample with an online order. (Photo posted below the listing and explanations)
- Mario Badescu seaweed cleansing soap – Im almost certain I got this in a bag from Ulta back in August. I used it once when I first got it, but liked products I was already using and now this is the oldest sample cleanser I have.
- Vasanti Brighten Up Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator – I received this in an August Birchbox. This is the second one I got. I finished the first and this one was just sitting in the drawer.
- Marcelle Hydra-C Energizing Hydrating Gel – This is moisturizer I can only use in the winter when my skin is dryer, otherwise it looks like an oil slick.
- ROC Multi Correction 5 in 1 Chest, Neck & Face Cream – I got this in a Walmart or Target beauty box. I already have a neck cream I love but I wanted to use this in between jars. Ive used it twice this week and I really dont like how it smells. Hopefully I can get thru this small tube quickly and go back to my Strivectin.
- Organic Surge Daily Care reviving eye gel – I got this in an Ipsy back in July. Its taken me forever to use since I already have a regular eye cream.
- Roadial Dragon’s Blood hyaluronic tonic – I do not remember how I got this, but I dont use a toner regularly-and when I do, its the Loreal.
- MAC Prep + Prime – Im counting these two samples as one item. I can only use this during the winter when my skin is dry, otherwise my foundation tends to slide.
- BareMinerals Complexion Rescue – LOVE this stuff. I have a full size but I need to use up this sample.
- ALMAY Eye Makeup Remover Pads – This is a sample I recently got in a Target or Walmart beauty box. I dont use makeup pads to remove my eye makeup so I wanted to use these and get them out of my collection.
I dont see why these products wouldnt be panned by March 20th and if I finish something, Ill replace it with a similar item in my collection.
Updates will be posted the middle of February and then on March 21st. See you then!