This year I resolved to completely use up the products in my collection, and that includes the samples Ive been getting in my subscription boxes.
I think I did a great job using up all of the things for the first month!
- Futerer Shampoo & Conditioner – I did not like these. They did not lather enough for my liking and the scent was over-powering.
- Loreal Volume Filler Shampoo – I didnt mind this shampoo, but I didnt see a difference between this and my regular shampoo.
- Covergirl Mascara – This is my second favorite drug store mascara. This ended up drying out on me.
- Ulta Mascara Primer – I dont like using mascara primers. This came in a kit of primers I purchased back in August.
- BareMinerals Lash Domination (2 Deluxe samples) – Its a wetter mascara. I liked using these once the formula dried a bit.
- BareMinerals Mineral Veil – This is my FAVORITE powder to set my foundation.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation (3 samples from Sephora) – I got these samples to try the foundation. I ended up purchasing the full size. (Its a great foundation for oily skin, but it does tend to oxidize about a shade darker)
- Laneige BB Cushion Foundation – I got this in a Target Beauty Box and I disliked it. Even the light shade I was sent was too dark for me and it made me look incredibly oily.
- Garnier Makeup Removing Wipes – They removed my makeup, but I like the Neutrogena brand better.
- Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads – I got these in a Walmart or Target Beauty Box. I did not like these but they did remove my eye makeup. I prefer a cotton pad with micellar water.
- Vasanti Brighten Up Exfoliator – I did enjoy using this cleanser, but I prefer the Clean and Clear exfoliating cleanser more.
- Dr Brandt Microderm Abrasion Cleanser – I did like this but the tube was only half full.
- Marcela Moisturizing Gel – I did like this moisturizer but not enough to replace my current favorite.
- Organic Surge Eye Gel – This did nothing for my undereye area.
- Elemis Marine Cream – This cream was FANTASTIC and the scent was nice even though I do not like or enjoy floral scents. However, this stuff is expensive.
- Dr Lips Miracle Balm – I did not enjoy this and it was difficult to work with.
- Shine On SuperGoop – I did not enjoy this and it wasnt worth working to empty completely.
- Strivectin Neck Cream – Best Neck Cream EVER!
- Ulta Setting Spray – I really like the Ulta brand. It works to keep my makeup in place during the day. I have repurchased.
- Loreal Revitalift Foil Packet – Ive used about 7 of these this year and I dont know why I just dont pass them on.
- Maddscope – I go through 100 mls of this juice a month. LOVE it!
- Deadline – Limeade and Abetting – I really like this juice. This was my first bottle but it won’t be the last. As soon as I finish my 120ml bottle of POH juice, Ill re-order this one.
Time to look at my trash!
After going thru all of my makeup inventory, I noticed some items that just weren’t for me or that I just won’t use up before they’ll expire, so I decided a declutter was in order. These items will be given to my daughter-in-law since I know she loves makeup.
- Clark’s Botanicals Radiance Cream
- Juice Beauty Oil Free Moisturizer (foil packet)
- Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum (foil packet)
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Booster Serum DS
- Ulta Beauty Nude Matte Eyeshadow Primer
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream (foil packet)
- It Cosmetics CC Cream (foil packet )
- CoverGirl TruBlend Foundation (foil packet)
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Age Perfector (75% left)
- Sephora Ultra Shine Lip Gel DS
- Bareminerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss DS
- Miss Jessies Quick Curls (foil packet)
- Pureology Densifying Spray
- Matrix Salt Infused Spray
- Ulta Beauty palette
- Em Cosmetics Tokyo Plums palette
- the Balm Meet Matt Trimony Matt Moskowitz
- Model Co Contour Stick
- Wild Child perfume foil
Here are the goodies!
I know Im a couple weeks late to posting what I plan on using up in 2017, but I wanted to make sure I had updated my inventory and will be using up my oldest makeup products.
In total I have 36 items I plan to pan, but a few are deluxe or travel sized products and some should be finished by Spring/Summer if I put my mind to it.
- Bareminerals Mineral Veil Full Size – I am halfway done with this and I use it all the time, even on no makeup days. I do have another Mineral Veil in this size as well as a pressed version, but this is my oldest.
- Bareminerals Mineral Veil deluxe – I recently found this in an old makeup bag and its about halfway finished.
- Bareminerals Original Powder Foundation – This is my oldest powder foundation and its about halfway finished.
- Covergirl foundation powder – I just hit pan on this but its my oldest and only drug store face powder.
- Bareminerals Blemish Remedy Foundation – Im a little over halfway thru this.
- Palladio stick concealer – This is my oldest concealer and there is almost no use, so I need to use it up.
- Beautique Lip Crayon – I picked this up at a Sallys on sale and Ive only used it a couple of times.
- Covergirl Outlast Smoothwear Lip Liner – This only has minimum use.
- Chapstick Total Hydration – Lip Balms are a MUST especially in the winter. This is just one I recently received in a Walmart or Target Beauty Box that I need to use up.
- LOC Out of your Shell Shadow Stick – I recently got this in a Birchbox and I dont normally use shadow sticks. There is almost no use.
- Bareminerals 5 in 1 cream eyeshadows – There are two of these. I used to use them alot, but got distracted last summer by some of the great palettes that came out. Since these are cream products, I really need to use them up.
- Eyeshadow – I dont remember this brand but its a nice sparkly eyeshadow. It applies similarly to a liquid lipstick.
- Powerlash Mascara – This might be one of my older mascaras and it won’t take long to use up.
- Bareminerals Lash Domination deluxe samples – There are two of these. One is almost at the end of its life and the only I might have a week or so left.
- Elf liquid Eyeliner – This was a great eyeliner. Its almost completely finished. (This is an almost gimme)
- Eyeko Fat Liquid Liner – I feel like this liner is the gift that keeps on giving. I think its going to dry up at any moment tho because this is my oldest liquid eyeliner in the marker form.
- Eyeko Liquid Liner – I got this in a recent Ipsy or Birchbox but its so small I thought I could use it up quickly.
- Ulta Gel Eyeliner ‘Smoke’ – One of my older eyeliners for the waterline. I need to use this up and get it out of my collection.
- Ulta Double Sided Gel Eyeliner ‘Blackout’ ‘Mink’ – Received this as part of a set and just want to use it up. BlackOut is a great liner and for some reason Mink doesnt seem as good as the regular size liner in the same line.
- Palladio liquid liner – One of my older products. I just want to use it up.
- Chella Eyebrow Pencil ‘Tantalizing Taupe’ – I received this in a Birchbox and while the color is too light, mixing it with other brow products allows me to put this to use.
- Trestique Highlight Stick – I dont use highlighter on my cheeks (Im 40+ and my skin has noticeable texture) so I use this as a brow highlight and inner corner highlight.
- Naked Basics Palette – I am only trying to hit pan on Foxy. This is what I use to set my eye primer.
- Palladio Palette – I am only trying to hit pan on this palette. While this is one of my less expensive palettes, I still really enjoy the results I get when I wear these colors.
So those are the products I hope to pan in 2017. Below is how Im charting the progress of some of the products.
I will probably online update once a quarter since tracking progress can be slow. Updates will consist of informing you what items Ive finished and showing progress on the charts above (if there is noticeable progress).
Ive always loved watching project pan videos as well as reading project pan posts online, so this year I decided to actively pan. I havent updated my makeup inventory yet, so I thought I would pan my skin care samples-starting with my oldest samples.
Most of the items in this project were received in an Ipsy bag, Birchbox or as a deluxe sample with an online order. (Photo posted below the listing and explanations)
- Mario Badescu seaweed cleansing soap – Im almost certain I got this in a bag from Ulta back in August. I used it once when I first got it, but liked products I was already using and now this is the oldest sample cleanser I have.
- Vasanti Brighten Up Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator – I received this in an August Birchbox. This is the second one I got. I finished the first and this one was just sitting in the drawer.
- Marcelle Hydra-C Energizing Hydrating Gel – This is moisturizer I can only use in the winter when my skin is dryer, otherwise it looks like an oil slick.
- ROC Multi Correction 5 in 1 Chest, Neck & Face Cream – I got this in a Walmart or Target beauty box. I already have a neck cream I love but I wanted to use this in between jars. Ive used it twice this week and I really dont like how it smells. Hopefully I can get thru this small tube quickly and go back to my Strivectin.
- Organic Surge Daily Care reviving eye gel – I got this in an Ipsy back in July. Its taken me forever to use since I already have a regular eye cream.
- Roadial Dragon’s Blood hyaluronic tonic – I do not remember how I got this, but I dont use a toner regularly-and when I do, its the Loreal.
- MAC Prep + Prime – Im counting these two samples as one item. I can only use this during the winter when my skin is dry, otherwise my foundation tends to slide.
- BareMinerals Complexion Rescue – LOVE this stuff. I have a full size but I need to use up this sample.
- ALMAY Eye Makeup Remover Pads – This is a sample I recently got in a Target or Walmart beauty box. I dont use makeup pads to remove my eye makeup so I wanted to use these and get them out of my collection.
I dont see why these products wouldnt be panned by March 20th and if I finish something, Ill replace it with a similar item in my collection.
Updates will be posted the middle of February and then on March 21st. See you then!
I think we’ve all been here before. You get your make up together when you drop one of your products and it shatters. Before you toss it out, see if you can fix it and save yourself some money.
I decided that I would repress it. So first I had to crush what was left.
I used this tool I got from Ulta. It looks like a mini torture device, doesnt it?
Mix it with rubbing alcohol. Make sure to only add small amounts and then mix and add more if necessary because adding too much makes a soupy mess. Then, I had to smooth it out.
I let it dry about 36 hours and then tested it with a small brush and while it does look ugly, it does still do the job.
I purchased this Covergirl power back in July if Im not mistaken and I use it fairly regularly so I didnt think hitting pan would take long. This is a product I hope to use completely this year.