Ive been seeing this tag going around on youtube and decided it was time to start another project myself. As usual, Im focusing on my samples of skin care. Im also combining foil samples with my deluxe samples in this one.
Here are the items Im going to be working on:
- Origins Ginzing Moisturizer – Ive tried this in the past and liked it. This sample should be done after 2 uses.
- L’Occitane Gel – I have never tried this, but got these when I got my Advent box.
- Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil – Ive only ever used this in foil samples so I know I dont hate it.
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. Serum – Ive never tried this, and Im hoping these two foil samples are enough to form an opinion.
- Philosophy Purity Pore Extractor – I love a good exfoliator 🙂 Im hoping I love this.
- Amore Pacific Moisturizer – Ill be using this as my day moisturizer.
- L’Occitane Creme – I received this sample at the same time as my others. I have not tried this product, and Ill be saving this moisturizer for last because I just found a few larger samples of this as Im writing this post.
- Mario Badescu Night Cream – This is the moisturizer Ill be using at night. Its the oldest deluxe sample I have. I generally like the Mario Badescu items Ive tried (and Ive repurchased his facial cleansers many times), so I have high hopes for this item.
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. Moisterizer – Ill be using this in conjunction with the serum samples for its full benefits. So far, Ive liked most of the Sunday Riley line Ive used.
- Kate Somerville Exfolikate – I have a couple foil packets and deluxe sample of this. I have not tried it, but many people with similar oily skin as I have, have raved about this.
- SK-II Essense – Ive never taken Essences seriously because I already use a toner that I love. And this one better perform miracles considering the high cost.
- Olay Whip Moisturizer – I usually do not like Olay products because they tend to feel heavy on my skin, so I have high hopes for something containing whip in the name.
- L’Occitane Eye Cream – I got this sample with the others and need to use it up.
I hope you will be using up your items along with us!
April is almost here so I decided to get an early start on a new seasonal project pan. This one will go until June 21st.
The products Ill be using in this project have been used at least once.
- Anastasia Brow Definer – I have about an inch and a half of product left. Ive been using this for a majority of the last year. Im hoping to use it up.
- Caudalie Resveratrol moisturizer – Ive used this twice and am hoping to finish it up. I got this in a Sephora Play box sometime last year.
- Drunk Elephant Night Serum – I just started using this and figured it would last about a month. I got this in a Sephora skin care favorite sets for Christmas.
- Marcelle mascara – I believe this came from a Sephora Play. I just started using this in conjunction with the other mascara in this project.
- Marc Jacobs mascara – This also came from a Sephora Play box. This is the mascara almost everyone loves. I just opened this to use in this project.
- Dr Jart Cicapair cream – I used this cream once (right after a chemical peel). And I wanted to use it up before summer because my skin is the oiliest during summer.
- Sunday Riley Good Genes Lactic Acid treatment – I received this in a Sephora Play box and have used it once or twice.
- Kate Somerville Retinol eye cream – Ive used this a handful of times and Im not sure if I like it or not. Id like to use it up.
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer – I think I got this in a Walmart Beauty Box. I havent opened it yet, but Ive used it before and enjoyed it.
- Mario Badescu facial spray – Im about half way thru this spray and would like to use it up so I can enjoy the lavender spray.
Are you doing a seasonal project pan?
Are you getting ready for summer?
I wanted to start my year off with an easy project. This project will go until April 1st and will contain 2 skincare items and 2 makeup items.
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion – This is formulated for oily skin but I really like the Loreal toner much better than this. Im hoping to finish this before April.
- Pores Be Pure Skin Clarifying Mud Mask – I dont really like this mask because it actually stings my skin. Im going to use it twice a week until its gone so I can move onto other mud masks I have in my collection.
- Steve Laurant precision tip liner – This is an ok eyeliner. I wouldnt seek it out to repurchase. Ive used this for awhile so it should be finished by April (if not sooner)
- Makeup Forever Aqua XL eyeliner – I really like this liner. I have alot of eyeliners to use up before I can justify repurchasing tho.
I wanted to update you on how I did on my 12 pans of Christmas Project I started at the beginning of November. This project brought together a LOT of people across platforms and it was so interesting to see what items everyone put into their projects.
Im pleased to say that I finished a majority of the items I put into this project, with the exception of exfoliators. I usually can get thru samples of exfoliators fairly quick, but this last months colder weather has brought me unusually dry skin, so its easy to see why Im not exfoliating as often.
I havent even opened up the Hanalei packet of exfoliating packs, but Im certain that the Skin Inc and Real Chemistry samples only have one use left.
Even though I did not finish these items, I will still consider this project a success. I was able to finish a lot of the older items in my collection and can now focus on some of the skincare Ive received more recently.
Did you participate in this project? Were you successful in using up the products you put into it? Let me know in the comments!
In todays post I will be sharing some of my makeup goals for the new year.
After looking at my makeup inventory, I decided to go on a low-buy. This means that I will only buy items when I need them. I will be placing a lot of these products into seasonal project pans thru the year.
My goals for 2018 are:
- Finish 2 foundations
- Finish 2 face powders
- Finish 2 eyeliners
- Finish 3 moisturizers
- Finish 1 eye primer
- Finish 2 face primers
- Finish all serums
- Finish all cleansers
- Finish 2 body lotions
- Pan 1 cream shadow stick
- Hit pan on 5 single eyeshadows
Do you have any makeup goals for 2018?
This post is a continuation of my November 30 Advent Calendars post, so please see that for an explanation of this project.
Here are the items chosen for the second half of the Project Pan Advent Calendar:
- Dec 13 – Becca First Light Priming Filter primer
- Dec 14 – Bareminerals Complexion Rescue gel
- Dec 15 – tarte Frxxxtion Stick
- Dec 16 – Bareminerals Blemish Remedy
- Dec 17 – Elf eyebrow powder
- Dec 18 – Marc Jacobs twinkle pop eyeshadow stick (Frannie)
- Dec 19 – Strivectin serum (yellow)
- Dec 20 – Ulta eye primer
- Dec 21 – Sephora moisturizer (foil pack)
- Dec 22 – Elf prep and Hydrate balm
- Dec 23 – Shiseido quick fix mist
- Dec 24 – Peter Thomas Roth water drench cloud cream
Did you participate in a project like this or purchase an Advent calendar this year?
Who doesnt love Advent calendars? Even if you aren’t religious, theres just something about opening a gift everyday.
Recently, I was watching a video from Elle S on youtube. If you aren’t aware, Elle is a project pan youtuber. She found a post on reddit for a Shop your Stash – Project Pan styled Advent calendar. I thought this was a super clever idea!
Heres her video:
My version of this will be using a random number generator using my entire collection. I will skip mascara and items in my current project, should they come up.
- Dec 1 – Michael Todd Beauty blue green algae toner
- Dec 2 – Make Up Forever serum
- Dec 3 – Kate Somerville Exfolikate
- Dec 4 – Mac Prep and Prime primer
- Dec 5 – Tarte Lip Facial
- Dec 6 – Sephora Lip Stain (red)
- Dec 7 – LOC shadow stick
- Dec 8 – Mac paint pot (Let’s Skate)
- Dec 9 – Make Up Forever Step 1 primer
- Dec 10 – Sunday Riley Good Genes
- Dec 11- Benefit Watts Up highlighter
- Dec 12 – Bobbi Brown shadow stick (Golden Pink)
I will be posting Dec 13-24 on Dec 14th. However, I did use the random number generator for Dec 13-14, and they are: The Becca First Light Priming Filter primer and the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue.
Will you join in on this small project?