Sorry for my extended absence. I basically took the summer off and had a moderately successful no-buy. Anyway, I did finish a lot of products this summer. What is listed here are products I finished from June through August.
- Claritin – I have terrible allergies so I take one of these a day. You can see how that adds up.
- Orbit gum – Received this as a sample from pinchme and I did like the flavor of this gum.
- Neutrogena makeup remover wipes, simple makeup remover wipes , cotton rounds – I used these to remove my makeup. I dont really like the simple wipes as much as the Neutrogena wipes. I still have a pack of the Neutrogena wipes that Im about halfway done with.
- Clean & Clear cleanser – I LOVE this cleanser and and I didnt want to finish it because I couldn’t find it anywhere anymore. I purchased a similar cleaner from Clean & Clear so we will see how it stacks up against this one.
- Purity cleanser – I didnt really like this and I believe I have a deluxe sample that I received from a subscription box.
- Philosophy cleanser – I did like this cleanser, and Im currently using another cleanser from Philosophy in a full size.
- Glamglow supermud mask – I LOVE this mask. I do have a smaller size already but Im working on one from Origins right now.
- Sea breeze astringent – I really LOVE Sea Breeze. It makes my skin feel great and I also use it to clean up my skin after I color my hair.
- Bamboo shampoo and conditioner – I got this from a Target box and I HATE this. It doesnt lather and I dont like the scent.
- Pantene shampoo – Ive always liked Pantene shampoos but they aren’t good for my hair when I bleach and color it, so I only can use something like this when Im in between processes.
- Dove deodorant – I liked this deodorant but I like the Degree deodorants more.
- Motrin – When you have allergies, you get headaches.
- Ulta makeup setting spray – I like this setting spray and have it in full size.
- Japonesque lip wipe – This did remove my lipstick, but it had a horrible scent and tasted nasty.
- Mac eye makeup remover – This really removed my eye makeup but I dont think Id purchase it.
- Lush ocean salt scrub – Got a sample from Lush and really liked it, but the Tree Hut version is much less expensive.
- Tarte moisturizer – I got this in a subscription box and I did like it, but I wouldn’t use it during the summer due to my oily skin. Someone with dry skin would love it.
- Embryolisse moisturizer – I got this from Birchbox back when I was subscribed and I hated it by the end of the sample.
- Burts bees day lotion – I loved using this as a hand cream.
- Lush cup o coffee mask – This is a great face mask and really exfoliates. I havent pulled the trigger on the full size because I have so many masks to use first.
- Mac fix + – Travel sized. I already have a full size and love this stuff. Its literally magic in a bottle.
- Degree deodorant – My deodorant of choice.
- Mac Studio Fix foundation – I did like this when I used it in the winter, but in the summer its way to ‘greasy’ for my skin.
- Cover Girl powder foundation – This was in my Use it Up project and it was a great powder. Would repurchase after I finish the other powder foundations I have.
- Max Factor, Sephora Lash Craft, Mad Lash, Iconoclast, makeup forever, Well People, Bobbi Brown smoky eye, elf makeup remover – I used a bunch of sample mascaras. I liked the Well People mascara alot but its almost as expensive as my favorite Mac mascara, so I can’t justify that purchase. The Elf Makeup Remover is great when you screw up your liner or mascara.
- Brush cleaner sample from Ipsy – It did clean my brushes but the 100 point Ipsy points it costs was ridiculous.
- Benefit lip stain – Hated this. The roses scent was way overpowering.
- Isopropyl alcohol – I go thru at least one of these a year. I use it to repress my makeup and sanitize powder products.
- 5 bottles of Maddscope from ScopeJuice – My all day vape.
- 4 bottles of Limeade and Abetting – Another favorite vape juice.
I hope you enjoyed looking at my Summer Empties. Im glad to be back sharing my thoughts with you.
Back in March I posted that I would be doing a project pan of skincare products (Skincare Sample Showdown). Here is my first update on the progress of that project.
Items in BOLD have been finished. Items Italicized were decluttered.
- Lush Pink Peppermint Foot Cream – I have finished this! I did purchase another tub.
- Glamglow Volcasmic Matte Glow Moisturizer – I have used this a couple of times and it makes my skin look great. Im still afraid that it will make me appear oily during the warmer months, so Im trying to use it up as quickly as possible.
- Embryolisse moisturizer – Im still about at the halfway point because it makes my skin look greasy. Ive been switching between this and the Origins at night.
- Ole Henriksen Moisterizer – I have finished this. I do have this in my loves list on the Sephora site, but I have a ton of moisturizers to use first.
- Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb moisturizer – I have finished this. I did really like this product, but I like the Ole Henriksen moisturizer more.
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask – I have been using this but it looks like I hardly made a dent in it. I dont need alot. Ive also been switching between this and the Embryolisse moisturizer.
- Vichy One Step Cleanser – I have finished this product. I probably won’t be purchasing it again since I have a ton of cleansers already that are more easy to obtain.
- Estee Edit Dissolve the Drama – I finished this! Ive been working on a couple of cleansing oils and they all seem to last forever.
- Clean + Clear Morning Cleanser – I added water to this to ‘thin’ it out because it got really thick. It still refreshes and hasnt broken me out but I am almost done.
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream – This did not match my skin tone AT ALL so I decluttered it.
So, did you start a project that you hope to complete by the summertime? If so, what is your progress?
I dont usually post on Saturdays, but I missed posting this yesterday.
Here are my thoughts on my March empties:
- Garner Micellar Water – I love this stuff! I use it to remove my eye makeup with a cotton round. I have already purchased a replacement.
- Eyeko Fat Eyeliner – I had this in a MakeUp Use Up for this year. I received this in a Birchbox and while I enjoyed using it, I would not repurchased because I prefer other brands.
- Eyeko Eyeliner – I had this in a MakeUp Use Up for this year. I got this item in a Birchbox and I did enjoy using it, but I would not repurchase because there are other brands I prefer.
- Elf Eyeliner – This is another item I had in a Makeup Use Up for this year. This is one of my favorite eyeliners. I have not repurchased, because I am trying out another Elf eyeliner that many people rave about.
- Dionis hand cream (White Jasmine and Shea) – I love this hand cream. This moisturizes my skin and smells fantastic. I have already repurchased.
- Mane and Tail shampoo – I hated this shampoo. It seemed to tangle my very short hair and I did not enjoy the scent.
- Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara – My holy grail mascara. I love the wand and you can’t beat the price. I already have a replacement.
- Milk Mascara – I received this in a beauty box and ended up really liking the way it performed. I would consider repurchasing.
- Scope Juice (MaddScope) – I am always buying this stuff. Its my favorite e-juice.
- ROC Neck Cream – I had this in a project pan. Im glad I finished it because it smelled horrible.
- Mac Prep and Prime – I had his in a project pan. I love using this in cooler months and I would definitely repurchase if I didnt have a bunch of samples to always use.
- Pack of cotton rounds – I use these with my Micellar Water to remove my eye makeup. I have repurchased.
- Alterna Caviar Shampoo and Conditioner – I liked the way these smelled but I saw no difference in my hair. Foil packets dont always give you the best results since you might get two uses out of them.
- Matrix Biolage Recover Shampoo and Conditioner – I really dont have much of an opinion on these except that the shampoo has a better scent than the conditioner.
So those were my empties for the month of March. Im actually impressed at how many samples Ive been able to move out of my collection already this year.
Did you finish any items?
I am so excited about my progress in using up my makeup this year.
Yesterday I hit pan on my BareMinerals Correcting Concealer. I did not put this concealer into a project pan, but this is the product I use to cover up blemishes. I only use concealer a couple times a week because I tend to get ready in a hurry in the mornings.
Don’t mind the stray hair. My cat apparently likes to conceal her blemishes too. 🙂
On January 13th, I posted my ‘9 Samples to Spring Project’ (See here if you missed it: http://www.justsheilz.wordpress.com/2017/01/13/9-samples-to-spring-project-pan ) and I am happy to report that I have finished all of the products!
This was a small project but for my first true panning project, it was a great experience. I will say that I found it difficult to finish the ROC neck cream because I hated the scent and Im glad that its gone but I was pleasantly pleased with the progress I made on everything else I included.
Has anyone else recently jumped into panning? If so, how are you doing?
Since I have just about completed my 9 Samples to Spring Project, I decided that I wanted to do another similar project for the spring season.
This time, I have decided to do a skincare theme because who doesnt want great skin for the summer? So without further ado, here is the list of items I will be attempting to finish by June 20th:
- Lush Pink Peppermint Foot Cream – I LOVE this stuff. I have about 1/4 of the jar left.
- Glamglow Volcasmic Matte Glow Moisturizer – I believe I got this in a kit from Sephora. I havent even opened this yet, but Im excited to try it.
- Embryolisse moisturizer – I got this in a Birchbox. I started using this last summer, but Ive found that its better for me to use during the colder months. Im about halfway thru this sample.
- Ole Henriksen Moisterizer – This was a 100 point perk from Sephora. I really have enjoyed this moisturizer, and Im about halfway thru this small jar.
- Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb moisturizer – This was a 100 point perk from Sephora. Ive only used this a couple times but I did like it.
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask – I got this in a kit from Sephora. I have not opened this yet, but Ive liked other items from Origins.
- Vichy One Step Cleanser – I can’t remember where I got this, but it smells fabulous. I plan on using this as my evening cleanser.
- Estee Edit Dissolve the Drama – I got this in a Sephora Play Box. Ive been trying different cleansing oils lately and Ive only heard good things about this one.
- Clean + Clear Morning Cleanser – Ive had this for awhile and I dont want it to go bad or expire. I only have a small amount left.
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream – I have no idea where this came from. Its in Light/Medium so it might match my skin.
I will be finishing this project on June 20th and will provide monthly progress updates on March 21, April 18, May 23, and the finale on June 20.
Let me know if you have any projects in the lead up to Summer!
A month ago I posted my 9 Samples to Spring panning project. (See post here if you missed it: 9 Samples to Spring )
I have used up all but a small amount of the Mario Badescu cleanser (this will probably be done by the end of the week), one of the tubes of Mac’s Prep + Prime, and the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue.
I think Ive done great considering Ive only been using these products for a month.