I wanted to start my year off with an easy project. This project will go until April 1st and will contain 2 skincare items and 2 makeup items.
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion – This is formulated for oily skin but I really like the Loreal toner much better than this. Im hoping to finish this before April.
- Pores Be Pure Skin Clarifying Mud Mask – I dont really like this mask because it actually stings my skin. Im going to use it twice a week until its gone so I can move onto other mud masks I have in my collection.
- Steve Laurant precision tip liner – This is an ok eyeliner. I wouldnt seek it out to repurchase. Ive used this for awhile so it should be finished by April (if not sooner)
- Makeup Forever Aqua XL eyeliner – I really like this liner. I have alot of eyeliners to use up before I can justify repurchasing tho.
I wanted to update you on how I did on my 12 pans of Christmas Project I started at the beginning of November. This project brought together a LOT of people across platforms and it was so interesting to see what items everyone put into their projects.
Im pleased to say that I finished a majority of the items I put into this project, with the exception of exfoliators. I usually can get thru samples of exfoliators fairly quick, but this last months colder weather has brought me unusually dry skin, so its easy to see why Im not exfoliating as often.
I havent even opened up the Hanalei packet of exfoliating packs, but Im certain that the Skin Inc and Real Chemistry samples only have one use left.
Even though I did not finish these items, I will still consider this project a success. I was able to finish a lot of the older items in my collection and can now focus on some of the skincare Ive received more recently.
Did you participate in this project? Were you successful in using up the products you put into it? Let me know in the comments!
In todays post I will be sharing some of my makeup goals for the new year.
After looking at my makeup inventory, I decided to go on a low-buy. This means that I will only buy items when I need them. I will be placing a lot of these products into seasonal project pans thru the year.
My goals for 2018 are:
- Finish 2 foundations
- Finish 2 face powders
- Finish 2 eyeliners
- Finish 3 moisturizers
- Finish 1 eye primer
- Finish 2 face primers
- Finish all serums
- Finish all cleansers
- Finish 2 body lotions
- Pan 1 cream shadow stick
- Hit pan on 5 single eyeshadows
Do you have any makeup goals for 2018?
This post is a continuation of my November 30 Advent Calendars post, so please see that for an explanation of this project.
Here are the items chosen for the second half of the Project Pan Advent Calendar:
- Dec 13 – Becca First Light Priming Filter primer
- Dec 14 – Bareminerals Complexion Rescue gel
- Dec 15 – tarte Frxxxtion Stick
- Dec 16 – Bareminerals Blemish Remedy
- Dec 17 – Elf eyebrow powder
- Dec 18 – Marc Jacobs twinkle pop eyeshadow stick (Frannie)
- Dec 19 – Strivectin serum (yellow)
- Dec 20 – Ulta eye primer
- Dec 21 – Sephora moisturizer (foil pack)
- Dec 22 – Elf prep and Hydrate balm
- Dec 23 – Shiseido quick fix mist
- Dec 24 – Peter Thomas Roth water drench cloud cream
Did you participate in a project like this or purchase an Advent calendar this year?
Who doesnt love Advent calendars? Even if you aren’t religious, theres just something about opening a gift everyday.
Recently, I was watching a video from Elle S on youtube. If you aren’t aware, Elle is a project pan youtuber. She found a post on reddit for a Shop your Stash – Project Pan styled Advent calendar. I thought this was a super clever idea!
Heres her video:
My version of this will be using a random number generator using my entire collection. I will skip mascara and items in my current project, should they come up.
- Dec 1 – Michael Todd Beauty blue green algae toner
- Dec 2 – Make Up Forever serum
- Dec 3 – Kate Somerville Exfolikate
- Dec 4 – Mac Prep and Prime primer
- Dec 5 – Tarte Lip Facial
- Dec 6 – Sephora Lip Stain (red)
- Dec 7 – LOC shadow stick
- Dec 8 – Mac paint pot (Let’s Skate)
- Dec 9 – Make Up Forever Step 1 primer
- Dec 10 – Sunday Riley Good Genes
- Dec 11- Benefit Watts Up highlighter
- Dec 12 – Bobbi Brown shadow stick (Golden Pink)
I will be posting Dec 13-24 on Dec 14th. However, I did use the random number generator for Dec 13-14, and they are: The Becca First Light Priming Filter primer and the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue.
Will you join in on this small project?
I love panning projects where entire communities come together and participate. This one is no exception. This project was created by Jacquelyn Lovene on youtube (Jacquelyn Lovene). There are loads of other channels as well as instagram accounts participating in this project.
Since I am not actively panning anything at the moment, I decided it would be a perfect time to see if I could get thru some of my deluxe sized and almost-finished skin care items.
In no particular order:
- Strivectin Eye Serum – I love this stuff but its now the oldest eye serum I have. I use this mainly in the mornings.
- Origins Gin-Zing Eye Cream – I started using this at night but stopped out of pure laziness.
- GlamGlow Volcasmic Moisterizer – This is the second or third deluxe sample Ive received in a Sephora Play Box. I opened this right after I got my facial because I needed the extra moisture, and now that the weather is cooling down, it won’t look too greasy on my skin.
- Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask – This was previously in another skin care project but I couldn’t finish it before the weather got hot. Im about half way thru this deluxe sample.
- BareMinerals Skinlongetivity Vital Power Infusion Serum – I LOVE this serum. Im working thru some other serum samples along with using this, but it definitely will be re-purchased.
- Curel Hydratherapy Wet Skin Moisturizer – I like the Jergens version of this more but I probably only have a couple of uses left in this. Ill be glad to see it go.
- Delectable Lotion – This claims to be a body lotion, but my skin needs more moisture than this lotion can give me, so Ive been using it as a hand lotion. Im about a third of the way thru this, but Id like to have this gone by the end of the year.
- Lush Volcano Foot Mask (sample and full size) – My full size has a Use By date of September 27th on it, so I need to really finish this up. Its almost November now!
- Peel off masks Freeman – I have two of these. One is halfway used the other hasnt been opened. Im working on the Sweet Tea & Lemon and I have a Renewing Cucumber.
- Purlisse Charcoal and Licorice Sheet Mask & Flashpatch Eye Hydrogels – Im not a fan of sheet masks but I received this in a subscription box and because the weather has changed a bit, this won’t make me too oily.
- Fresh Umbrian Clay mask & Glam Glow Supermud mask (I have 3 of these) – I prefer this type of mask. I really need to start using the masks I have so I can experiment with some others out there.
- Exfoliants – Real Chemistry 3 minute peel, Skin Inc peel, and Hanalei powder cleanser – These have been sitting around and need to be used up. I think I might have used the deluxe samples once. As with the masks, I want to use these up and move onto other products.
Are you trying to finish up anything before the end of the year?
Sorry for my extended absence. I basically took the summer off and had a moderately successful no-buy. Anyway, I did finish a lot of products this summer. What is listed here are products I finished from June through August.
- Claritin – I have terrible allergies so I take one of these a day. You can see how that adds up.
- Orbit gum – Received this as a sample from pinchme and I did like the flavor of this gum.
- Neutrogena makeup remover wipes, simple makeup remover wipes , cotton rounds – I used these to remove my makeup. I dont really like the simple wipes as much as the Neutrogena wipes. I still have a pack of the Neutrogena wipes that Im about halfway done with.
- Clean & Clear cleanser – I LOVE this cleanser and and I didnt want to finish it because I couldn’t find it anywhere anymore. I purchased a similar cleaner from Clean & Clear so we will see how it stacks up against this one.
- Purity cleanser – I didnt really like this and I believe I have a deluxe sample that I received from a subscription box.
- Philosophy cleanser – I did like this cleanser, and Im currently using another cleanser from Philosophy in a full size.
- Glamglow supermud mask – I LOVE this mask. I do have a smaller size already but Im working on one from Origins right now.
- Sea breeze astringent – I really LOVE Sea Breeze. It makes my skin feel great and I also use it to clean up my skin after I color my hair.
- Bamboo shampoo and conditioner – I got this from a Target box and I HATE this. It doesnt lather and I dont like the scent.
- Pantene shampoo – Ive always liked Pantene shampoos but they aren’t good for my hair when I bleach and color it, so I only can use something like this when Im in between processes.
- Dove deodorant – I liked this deodorant but I like the Degree deodorants more.
- Motrin – When you have allergies, you get headaches.
- Ulta makeup setting spray – I like this setting spray and have it in full size.
- Japonesque lip wipe – This did remove my lipstick, but it had a horrible scent and tasted nasty.
- Mac eye makeup remover – This really removed my eye makeup but I dont think Id purchase it.
- Lush ocean salt scrub – Got a sample from Lush and really liked it, but the Tree Hut version is much less expensive.
- Tarte moisturizer – I got this in a subscription box and I did like it, but I wouldn’t use it during the summer due to my oily skin. Someone with dry skin would love it.
- Embryolisse moisturizer – I got this from Birchbox back when I was subscribed and I hated it by the end of the sample.
- Burts bees day lotion – I loved using this as a hand cream.
- Lush cup o coffee mask – This is a great face mask and really exfoliates. I havent pulled the trigger on the full size because I have so many masks to use first.
- Mac fix + – Travel sized. I already have a full size and love this stuff. Its literally magic in a bottle.
- Degree deodorant – My deodorant of choice.
- Mac Studio Fix foundation – I did like this when I used it in the winter, but in the summer its way to ‘greasy’ for my skin.
- Cover Girl powder foundation – This was in my Use it Up project and it was a great powder. Would repurchase after I finish the other powder foundations I have.
- Max Factor, Sephora Lash Craft, Mad Lash, Iconoclast, makeup forever, Well People, Bobbi Brown smoky eye, elf makeup remover – I used a bunch of sample mascaras. I liked the Well People mascara alot but its almost as expensive as my favorite Mac mascara, so I can’t justify that purchase. The Elf Makeup Remover is great when you screw up your liner or mascara.
- Brush cleaner sample from Ipsy – It did clean my brushes but the 100 point Ipsy points it costs was ridiculous.
- Benefit lip stain – Hated this. The roses scent was way overpowering.
- Isopropyl alcohol – I go thru at least one of these a year. I use it to repress my makeup and sanitize powder products.
- 5 bottles of Maddscope from ScopeJuice – My all day vape.
- 4 bottles of Limeade and Abetting – Another favorite vape juice.
I hope you enjoyed looking at my Summer Empties. Im glad to be back sharing my thoughts with you.