Before I post my October Empties, I wanted to post about starting a new project. I know I have a Project 10 Pan that I just started, but this one is going to be different. I realized as I was organizing things that I had a bunch of skin care I was neglecting to use up quick enough.
I came to the conclusion that I just dont mask enough. So, from now until New Years Eve, when I need skin care the most, I will be attempting to do a mask at least every other day.
I will be using up the oldest face masks in my collection and I hope to use most of what is pictured below by New Years Eve.
Will you join me in this project?
EDIT: This post was sitting in my drafts instead of being posted last week. Because of this ‘snafu’ I will be adding the post that would have been posted today on Thursday.
I decided that I really have to get down and finish some of my older items in my collection. The best way is to put these products into a project.
The 10 items I have chosen to finish are:
- Urban Decay Naked Basics (Foxy) – I use this to set my eyeshadow primer. Ive actually repressed this.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics (WOS) – I also use this to set my eyeshadow primer.
- Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Perfecting Primer – I LOVE this primer. I just purchased a full size in the Ulta sale, so I need to finish this one up. Its also my oldest primer I have.
- Make Up Forever Step 1 Primer – I received this in a Sephora play box awhile ago. I do like this primer, but not enough to get a full size.
- Make Up Forever Ultra HD Foundation – I received this sample in a Sephora Play and it matches me pretty well in the summer. I dont really tan, but my face does go up a shade. I might have a handful of applications left.
- It Cosmetics CC+ – This stuff is magic. It matches me perfectly. I might have a few uses left, and once I get thru my other foundations, I would consider purchasing this and I dont even wear full coverage foundations!
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick (Rose Gold) – I received this in a Sephora Play and love it. Id like to finish this and a few other sticks before purchasing another.
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon – This is a GREAT eyeliner. It does NOT budge in my waterline. I really want others in this line, but I have a ton of eyeliners to finish first.
- Essense Make Me Brow – I love this and it fits into almost any budget! I have a few other brow gels to get thru, but this is one of the staples in my collection.
- Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter and Glow Shadow (Kitten Karma) – I became a fan of glitter because of this! I have purchased others in this line and would definitely get another one of this shade when I finish it. There isnt a lot left in this small sample so it should be simple to finish.
Are you doing a Project 10 Pan? What will you be trying to finish?
For some reason, I thought I finished more than this last month, but the proof is in the pudding-as they say.
Here are the products I finished:
- Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub – I dont go through these as often in the summer, but I always have a backup.
- White Could cotton balls – I used these mainly for nail polish. I have a backup but its the dollar store brand if I remember correctly.
- Neutrogena eye makeup remover – One of my favorite makeup removers. I do have a backup, but Im using some samples Ive received first.
- Clinique facial cleanser – I believe this is my last one. I would not repurchase. I like other facial cleansers better.
- Korres cleanser – I did not like this at all.
- Glam Glow Supercleanse – I liked this but I think Im allergic to something in it because my face gets swollen every time I use it.
- Skin & Co truffle eye cream – This was ok. I prefer other eye gels/creams to this.
- Sephora brush cleanser – I love this stuff. Its a bit cheaper than the beauty blender cleanser and does a fine job cleaning my brushes.
- Cotton Rounds – I use these for toner and removing my eye makeup. I get them at the dollar store and I usually have backups.
- Erno Lazlo eye masks – I got these from Influenster to review and wanted a treat. I like these but I cant justify the cost.
- Covergirl Lashblast – Not my favorite Covergirl mascara, but I like it.
- Doucce <sp> mascara – This was a very wet formula that really coated the lashes, but it got way too goopy too quick.
- Ole Henriksen Night Gel – I did not like this.
- Bonine – I get motion sickness. Enough said.
- SKII Essense – This was too easy to use. Not enough of an improvement over my Loreal toner to justify the cost. Would not purchase. This was a project pan item.
- Sunday Riley CEO serum – I do not like this. I have another foil packet to finish in my current project pan.
- Origins Ginzing Moisturizer – This was ok. I wouldnt go out of my way to purchase. This was a project pan item.
- L’Occitane Divine Eyes – I liked this but its pricy. This was a project pan item.
- Clockwork Custard – not really my style of juice but it was alright. It was nice to try.
- Savage Marcellus (Lemon Tart) – I really liked this juice and the site always does sales, but never includes this juice in their bundles.
- Cloud Kiss – This is a juice from TiaVapes on youtube. It was a light strawberry cake batter. It was really good.
- The Cake Shoppe Pound It – OMG Lemon Pound cake in vape form! I can finally get that sweet tooth craving without adding the calories!
- ScopeJuice – Oatmeal Cookie wonderfulness 🙂 My readers know Ive been vaping this for a couple years now.
Did you finish anything last month?
Ive been seeing this tag going around on youtube and decided it was time to start another project myself. As usual, Im focusing on my samples of skin care. Im also combining foil samples with my deluxe samples in this one.
Here are the items Im going to be working on:
- Origins Ginzing Moisturizer – Ive tried this in the past and liked it. This sample should be done after 2 uses.
- L’Occitane Gel – I have never tried this, but got these when I got my Advent box.
- Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil – Ive only ever used this in foil samples so I know I dont hate it.
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. Serum – Ive never tried this, and Im hoping these two foil samples are enough to form an opinion.
- Philosophy Purity Pore Extractor – I love a good exfoliator 🙂 Im hoping I love this.
- Amore Pacific Moisturizer – Ill be using this as my day moisturizer.
- L’Occitane Creme – I received this sample at the same time as my others. I have not tried this product, and Ill be saving this moisturizer for last because I just found a few larger samples of this as Im writing this post.
- Mario Badescu Night Cream – This is the moisturizer Ill be using at night. Its the oldest deluxe sample I have. I generally like the Mario Badescu items Ive tried (and Ive repurchased his facial cleansers many times), so I have high hopes for this item.
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. Moisterizer – Ill be using this in conjunction with the serum samples for its full benefits. So far, Ive liked most of the Sunday Riley line Ive used.
- Kate Somerville Exfolikate – I have a couple foil packets and deluxe sample of this. I have not tried it, but many people with similar oily skin as I have, have raved about this.
- SK-II Essense – Ive never taken Essences seriously because I already use a toner that I love. And this one better perform miracles considering the high cost.
- Olay Whip Moisturizer – I usually do not like Olay products because they tend to feel heavy on my skin, so I have high hopes for something containing whip in the name.
- L’Occitane Eye Cream – I got this sample with the others and need to use it up.
I hope you will be using up your items along with us!
April is almost here so I decided to get an early start on a new seasonal project pan. This one will go until June 21st.
The products Ill be using in this project have been used at least once.
- Anastasia Brow Definer – I have about an inch and a half of product left. Ive been using this for a majority of the last year. Im hoping to use it up.
- Caudalie Resveratrol moisturizer – Ive used this twice and am hoping to finish it up. I got this in a Sephora Play box sometime last year.
- Drunk Elephant Night Serum – I just started using this and figured it would last about a month. I got this in a Sephora skin care favorite sets for Christmas.
- Marcelle mascara – I believe this came from a Sephora Play. I just started using this in conjunction with the other mascara in this project.
- Marc Jacobs mascara – This also came from a Sephora Play box. This is the mascara almost everyone loves. I just opened this to use in this project.
- Dr Jart Cicapair cream – I used this cream once (right after a chemical peel). And I wanted to use it up before summer because my skin is the oiliest during summer.
- Sunday Riley Good Genes Lactic Acid treatment – I received this in a Sephora Play box and have used it once or twice.
- Kate Somerville Retinol eye cream – Ive used this a handful of times and Im not sure if I like it or not. Id like to use it up.
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer – I think I got this in a Walmart Beauty Box. I havent opened it yet, but Ive used it before and enjoyed it.
- Mario Badescu facial spray – Im about half way thru this spray and would like to use it up so I can enjoy the lavender spray.
Are you doing a seasonal project pan?
Are you getting ready for summer?
I wanted to start my year off with an easy project. This project will go until April 1st and will contain 2 skincare items and 2 makeup items.
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion – This is formulated for oily skin but I really like the Loreal toner much better than this. Im hoping to finish this before April.
- Pores Be Pure Skin Clarifying Mud Mask – I dont really like this mask because it actually stings my skin. Im going to use it twice a week until its gone so I can move onto other mud masks I have in my collection.
- Steve Laurant precision tip liner – This is an ok eyeliner. I wouldnt seek it out to repurchase. Ive used this for awhile so it should be finished by April (if not sooner)
- Makeup Forever Aqua XL eyeliner – I really like this liner. I have alot of eyeliners to use up before I can justify repurchasing tho.
I wanted to update you on how I did on my 12 pans of Christmas Project I started at the beginning of November. This project brought together a LOT of people across platforms and it was so interesting to see what items everyone put into their projects.
Im pleased to say that I finished a majority of the items I put into this project, with the exception of exfoliators. I usually can get thru samples of exfoliators fairly quick, but this last months colder weather has brought me unusually dry skin, so its easy to see why Im not exfoliating as often.
I havent even opened up the Hanalei packet of exfoliating packs, but Im certain that the Skin Inc and Real Chemistry samples only have one use left.
Even though I did not finish these items, I will still consider this project a success. I was able to finish a lot of the older items in my collection and can now focus on some of the skincare Ive received more recently.
Did you participate in this project? Were you successful in using up the products you put into it? Let me know in the comments!