Last month I began this skincare project that ends June 21st. Its now May 21st so we are exactly halfway done!
Ive done really good with this project – finishing 8 items in this project, leaving me with these products left –
I am currently halfway finished the Luna oil that is on top. I dont want to rush it because I love this product so much! I also have just a few uses left of the Sunday Riley A+ serum.
Im not fond of the Bobbi Brown balm due to the scent but since we still arent going anywhere, Im the only one who is smelling it! I guess you could say its a good thing we are on ‘lock down’.
This project allowed me to use up a lot of samples that I would usually save until later. Im still not sure whats going on with my skin, but its still incredibly dry, so Im glad Im using these products.
How are you doing with any short term projects youre doing?
Its hard to believe that we are now into the 2nd quarter of the year.
I have finished 8 products so far this year, and one that unfortunately expired.
The latest items were/are:
- I finished the Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer last month. Im replacing it with the Ulta Lilac Breeze Body Lotion – 1 large bottle and 3 small bottles. Ive been working on the large bottle for over a year.
- I finished the Laura Geller Lip Scrub. Im replacing it with the Tarte Lip Facial. This is one of my favorite lip scrubs.
- My Aurora X Ipsy concealer expired. Im replacing this with BareMinerals Stroke of Light. I have only used this a few times, but so far Im liking it.
- I finished the Anastasia Brow Wiz. Im replacing it with Maybelline Brow Precise. I had used this brow pencil on and off, but its time to use it up.
Are you doing a rolling project? If so, how are you doing?
My apologies for my absence last week, but I had some medical issues to attend to.
As some of you might know, Im doing a Project 20 Pan. As I finish an item, Ill be replacing it with another in the same category.
Well, I finished 4 items!
- Hand Cream -Dionis White Jasmine & Shea hand cream. Im actually replacing this with the purse version. I love this hand cream – I might have one more in back up to use up before I move onto other hand creams Ive had in limbo.
- Lotion – jojoba oil and will be replacing it with the Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer. I had to pry the cap off because this bottle was so difficult to squeeze any product out. I love this, but the full size is just too difficult for me to use. I do have a travel size tube in my back ups and I prefer using those due to their ease of use.
- Face Mask – Elemis face mask last month and have replaced it with the NXN Power Detox mask. This one is not my favorite but it is the oldest mask in my stash.
- Eyeliner – Ulta double sided eyeliner (black only) and have replaced it with the Maybelline Unstoppable eyeliner. This eyeliner was my holy grail for many years.
Im pretty sure that I will be able to finish the Dionis hand cream and Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer by the end of March due to how much product Ive already used before neglecting them previously.
Have you used up any items? Are you working thru any older products youve had stored away?
As I was getting ready yesterday, the unthinkable happened…..My Essense All About Matt powder fell off my desk and shattered.
This is not how we want to finish products.
I will be replacing this powder with the Elf Prime and Slay Finishing Powder. There is hardly any progress on this powder, but its the next oldest face powder in my collection.
I have decided to do another rolling project pan as well as continue to work thru my perfumes.
I will be doing this years project a little different than in the past. I will be doing 10 body care products and 10 Makeup products. I will be rolling in new items as I finish.
For Body Care, I will be working on:
- Hand Cream – Dionis White Jasmine & Shea hand cream
- Foot Care – Lush Pink Peppermint foot cream
- Dry Shampoo – R&Co Badlands paste
- Body Lotion – jojoba oil
- Lip Scrub – Laura Geller
- Eye Care – Ulta eye gels
- Face Mask – Elemis thousand flower mask
- Lip Product – Sephora Lip Balm
- Cleanser – Clean and Clear Morning Burst
- Perfume – Elizabeth and James Nirvana rollerball
For Makeup, I will be working on:
- Primer – Dr Brandt Luminizer
- Concealer – Aurora X Ipsy
- Powder Foundation – BareMinerals Matte
- Liquid Foundation – Maybelline Matte and Poreless
- Powder – Essense All About Matt
- Setting Powder – Cover FX powder
- Blush – Tarte Paarty
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
- Brow Gel – Chella
- Eyeliner – Ulta Double sided (Black side only)
I will also be continuing to work on using my perfumes. This year, Ill be concentrating on trying to use up two rollerballs and at least one deluxe sized mini. I hope to finish 10 decanted samples. (I finished 33 of these last year.)
I also want to hit pan on at least 20 eyeshadows this year.
Are you planning on doing a project pan this year?
As some of you know, last April I began a project based on the soundtrack to one of my favorite movies, Rocky Horror Picture Show.
I chose 5 songs and products to go along with the theme.
- Over at the Frankenstein Place – Mac Trolls Play it Proper highlighter ~ I wanted to hit pan and I did! I made a whole post about it because I was so excited! I expanded the pan on my highlighter since hitting pan a couple of weeks ago. (See photo below)
- I can Make you a Man – Elf daily hydration moisturizer ~ I did not finish this but Im so close! Had I not used a different night time moisturizer, this product would have been finished. I will continue to use it until its finished.
- TouchA TouchA Touch Me – travel size Origins Checks and Balances frothy face wash. ~ I finished this as well as another travel sized cleanser.
- Rose Tint my World / Wild and Untamed Thing – Stila Glitter and Glow in Smoldering Satin. ~ I almost finished this but it dried out and its being decluttered.
- Im Going Home – Boscia luminizing black mask ~ I finished this mask and ended up finishing other masks since.
These are the products I have left:
Did you do a Halloween project? How did you do?
Edit: This post was supposed to go up last Thursday but we had some connectivity issues and it wouldnt publish. I lost a large bit of this post so thats why its not as detailed as many of my other project introductions.
I decided to do one last project before the end of the year. I wanted to make sure I finished off a lot of samples I had hanging around and use up some older skin care products before the end of the year.
Most of these products will be easy to finish because they are either foil samples or I just have a small amount left.
Will you be doing one last push to finish anything?