Since its the beginning of December, its time to go thru some of my ‘trash’ again. Here are the items Ive finished up in November:
- Neutrogena wipes – These are my favorite makeup wipes. This is my last pack so Ill have to purchase soon.
- Ponds wipes – These were ok. They removed my makeup fabulously, but they made my face feel oily.
- Freeman masks – I dont like the packaging on these, and Im fairly certain the full size comes in a tube. I did like how they left my skin feeling.
- Patchology eye masks – I got these in a subscription box and did not like them. Would not recommend.
- Hask shampoo and conditioner – I really liked this shampoo and conditioner. It made my hair feel nice and the scent was great.
- Bareminerals Skinlongevity Serum – My holy grail serum! I have repurchased.
- Lush Volcano foot mask – This was a sample and after one use, I purchased a full size. I forgot I had these. This stuff is messy but my feet feel great after.
- Glamglow moisturizer – I loved the consistency of this moisturizer, but my skin is far too oily to use this year round.
- Glamglow supermud mask – My favorite mask! I love how this smells and it seems to correct my oiliness for a day or so.
- Dior Diorshow mascara – I liked the formula of this mascara, but the scent was too overpowering.
- Curel Hydratherapy moisturizer – I like the Jergens better. This seemed to have a really unpleasant scent.
- It’s a 10 leave in conditioner – My favorite conditioner! This makes my hair smell great too.
- Bareminerals powder foundation – I love bareminerals powder foundations! This was just a sample size.
- -417 hand moisturizer – I really liked this for my hands. It sunk it and even lasted thru hand-washing.
- Coola setting spray – This made my makeup last but it smelled like straight sunscreen.
- Essence Lash Princess mascara – This is a great mascara but I like the pink one better.
- Bareminerals clay chameleon cleanser – I liked this cleanser but Id rather just keep the clay in face masks.
- Clarispray – I got this from influenster or pinchme for review. Loved it so much Im still using it. If you have nasal allergies, you should try it!
- Claritin ready-tabs – Thank goodness the weather is finally cooling off so I dont have to take allergy meds.
- Deadline limeade and abetting – Yep, another huge bottle gone 🙂
- Scopejuice Maddscope – My absolute favorite e-juice. I have to slow down since my supply is limited at the moment tho, but I will absolutely repurchase!
Did you finish anything this month?
I love panning projects where entire communities come together and participate. This one is no exception. This project was created by Jacquelyn Lovene on youtube (Jacquelyn Lovene). There are loads of other channels as well as instagram accounts participating in this project.
Since I am not actively panning anything at the moment, I decided it would be a perfect time to see if I could get thru some of my deluxe sized and almost-finished skin care items.
In no particular order:
- Strivectin Eye Serum – I love this stuff but its now the oldest eye serum I have. I use this mainly in the mornings.
- Origins Gin-Zing Eye Cream – I started using this at night but stopped out of pure laziness.
- GlamGlow Volcasmic Moisterizer – This is the second or third deluxe sample Ive received in a Sephora Play Box. I opened this right after I got my facial because I needed the extra moisture, and now that the weather is cooling down, it won’t look too greasy on my skin.
- Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask – This was previously in another skin care project but I couldn’t finish it before the weather got hot. Im about half way thru this deluxe sample.
- BareMinerals Skinlongetivity Vital Power Infusion Serum – I LOVE this serum. Im working thru some other serum samples along with using this, but it definitely will be re-purchased.
- Curel Hydratherapy Wet Skin Moisturizer – I like the Jergens version of this more but I probably only have a couple of uses left in this. Ill be glad to see it go.
- Delectable Lotion – This claims to be a body lotion, but my skin needs more moisture than this lotion can give me, so Ive been using it as a hand lotion. Im about a third of the way thru this, but Id like to have this gone by the end of the year.
- Lush Volcano Foot Mask (sample and full size) – My full size has a Use By date of September 27th on it, so I need to really finish this up. Its almost November now!
- Peel off masks Freeman – I have two of these. One is halfway used the other hasnt been opened. Im working on the Sweet Tea & Lemon and I have a Renewing Cucumber.
- Purlisse Charcoal and Licorice Sheet Mask & Flashpatch Eye Hydrogels – Im not a fan of sheet masks but I received this in a subscription box and because the weather has changed a bit, this won’t make me too oily.
- Fresh Umbrian Clay mask & Glam Glow Supermud mask (I have 3 of these) – I prefer this type of mask. I really need to start using the masks I have so I can experiment with some others out there.
- Exfoliants – Real Chemistry 3 minute peel, Skin Inc peel, and Hanalei powder cleanser – These have been sitting around and need to be used up. I think I might have used the deluxe samples once. As with the masks, I want to use these up and move onto other products.
Are you trying to finish up anything before the end of the year?
Sorry for my extended absence. I basically took the summer off and had a moderately successful no-buy. Anyway, I did finish a lot of products this summer. What is listed here are products I finished from June through August.
- Claritin – I have terrible allergies so I take one of these a day. You can see how that adds up.
- Orbit gum – Received this as a sample from pinchme and I did like the flavor of this gum.
- Neutrogena makeup remover wipes, simple makeup remover wipes , cotton rounds – I used these to remove my makeup. I dont really like the simple wipes as much as the Neutrogena wipes. I still have a pack of the Neutrogena wipes that Im about halfway done with.
- Clean & Clear cleanser – I LOVE this cleanser and and I didnt want to finish it because I couldn’t find it anywhere anymore. I purchased a similar cleaner from Clean & Clear so we will see how it stacks up against this one.
- Purity cleanser – I didnt really like this and I believe I have a deluxe sample that I received from a subscription box.
- Philosophy cleanser – I did like this cleanser, and Im currently using another cleanser from Philosophy in a full size.
- Glamglow supermud mask – I LOVE this mask. I do have a smaller size already but Im working on one from Origins right now.
- Sea breeze astringent – I really LOVE Sea Breeze. It makes my skin feel great and I also use it to clean up my skin after I color my hair.
- Bamboo shampoo and conditioner – I got this from a Target box and I HATE this. It doesnt lather and I dont like the scent.
- Pantene shampoo – Ive always liked Pantene shampoos but they aren’t good for my hair when I bleach and color it, so I only can use something like this when Im in between processes.
- Dove deodorant – I liked this deodorant but I like the Degree deodorants more.
- Motrin – When you have allergies, you get headaches.
- Ulta makeup setting spray – I like this setting spray and have it in full size.
- Japonesque lip wipe – This did remove my lipstick, but it had a horrible scent and tasted nasty.
- Mac eye makeup remover – This really removed my eye makeup but I dont think Id purchase it.
- Lush ocean salt scrub – Got a sample from Lush and really liked it, but the Tree Hut version is much less expensive.
- Tarte moisturizer – I got this in a subscription box and I did like it, but I wouldn’t use it during the summer due to my oily skin. Someone with dry skin would love it.
- Embryolisse moisturizer – I got this from Birchbox back when I was subscribed and I hated it by the end of the sample.
- Burts bees day lotion – I loved using this as a hand cream.
- Lush cup o coffee mask – This is a great face mask and really exfoliates. I havent pulled the trigger on the full size because I have so many masks to use first.
- Mac fix + – Travel sized. I already have a full size and love this stuff. Its literally magic in a bottle.
- Degree deodorant – My deodorant of choice.
- Mac Studio Fix foundation – I did like this when I used it in the winter, but in the summer its way to ‘greasy’ for my skin.
- Cover Girl powder foundation – This was in my Use it Up project and it was a great powder. Would repurchase after I finish the other powder foundations I have.
- Max Factor, Sephora Lash Craft, Mad Lash, Iconoclast, makeup forever, Well People, Bobbi Brown smoky eye, elf makeup remover – I used a bunch of sample mascaras. I liked the Well People mascara alot but its almost as expensive as my favorite Mac mascara, so I can’t justify that purchase. The Elf Makeup Remover is great when you screw up your liner or mascara.
- Brush cleaner sample from Ipsy – It did clean my brushes but the 100 point Ipsy points it costs was ridiculous.
- Benefit lip stain – Hated this. The roses scent was way overpowering.
- Isopropyl alcohol – I go thru at least one of these a year. I use it to repress my makeup and sanitize powder products.
- 5 bottles of Maddscope from ScopeJuice – My all day vape.
- 4 bottles of Limeade and Abetting – Another favorite vape juice.
I hope you enjoyed looking at my Summer Empties. Im glad to be back sharing my thoughts with you.
I finished a bunch of things during the month of April. Below is a listing of those items as well as a photo of everything.
- I am decluttering two samples of the Marc Jacobs Remarcable foundation. They are the two lightest shades and oddly enough, they are too light for me.
- I finished the Sephora solid cleanser. I like using this to clean my makeup brushes. I used to use baby shampoo and olive oil but using a solid is much quicker and easier. I have repurchased.
- I finished a sample of Lush’s Don’t Look at Me fresh face mask. This stuff smells like Fruity Pebbles cereal. It’s a great exfoliater and it brightens my skin. I will purchase once I use up my other face masks because this one expires relatively quick.
- I used up the Ole Henriksen sheer transformation moisturizer. I LOVE this moisturizer. It works wonderfully under makeup. This was in my Skincare Sample Showdown Project Pan.
- I also used up the Belif true cream aqua bomb moisturizer. While I did enjoy using this, it was thicker than the Ole Henriksen. It does have a pleasant smell and sinks in quickly, but I don’t see myself purchasing it. This was also in my Skincare Sample Showdown Project Pan.
- I finished the Dionis white jasmine and shea hand cream. I love this hand cream. It has a wonderful scent and moisturizes my dry hands. I have already purchased a replacement.
- I have finished the Lush peppermint foot cream in what might be record time! This stuff makes my feet feel alive and it definitely moisturizes my feet. I have already repurchased.
- I used up the Sephora brow pencil. I really like the Sephora pencil. The only real flaw is the end that has a comb and not a spoolie. They are about $12. I do have a back-up so I won’t be repurchasing right now but I would if I didn’t have back-up brow products.
- I used up a Neutrogena makeup remover wipe pack. I do like these but I prefer the pack that’s green. I do have a couple back-up packs, so I don’t have to repurchase yet.
- I used up a Simple cleansing facial wipe packet. These are just a sample pack of 7 that I received in a subscription box. I think they changed the wipe because I didnt used to like these, but they worked a lot better than I remember.
- I completely killed two Revlon nail files. I use one for my hands and one for my toe nails. I have purchased two new files.
- I finished the Vichy cleanser. I had never used a product from Vichy before and this was a mild cleanser. I did like using it but it did not remove makeup despite the claim that this was a one-step cleanser. I would not repurchase.
- The Estee Edit oil cleanser was a complete surprise to me. I’ve been using some other cleansing oils that do not perform as well as this one, and once I use those other oil cleansers up, I will consider purchasing this one.
- The Cetaphil cleanser is one of my favorites. I usually refill this small travel bottle but I somehow ruined the threading in this bottle. I like using this as my second cleanse after removing my makeup but I’ve removed makeup with this cleanser before. It’s very gentle on the skin and leaves your face feeling clean. I have a large pump bottle that I’ve refilled this smaller one but when it runs out, it will be repurchased.
- The Dove dry oil moisture Moroccan Arian oil body wash was awesome. It didn’t leave a soapy feeling behind and smelled fantastic. I have some other body washes but it’s definitely one I would consider purchasing.
- What sort of empties post would this be without a couple bottles of Scopejuice? I went hard this month finishing up THREE BOTTLES! Somehow I managed to not have anything else to vape but this juice. I would and have repurchased.
So those were the products I finished up in April. Did you finish anything?
Back in March I posted that I would be doing a project pan of skincare products (Skincare Sample Showdown). Here is my first update on the progress of that project.
Items in BOLD have been finished. Items Italicized were decluttered.
- Lush Pink Peppermint Foot Cream – I have finished this! I did purchase another tub.
- Glamglow Volcasmic Matte Glow Moisturizer – I have used this a couple of times and it makes my skin look great. Im still afraid that it will make me appear oily during the warmer months, so Im trying to use it up as quickly as possible.
- Embryolisse moisturizer – Im still about at the halfway point because it makes my skin look greasy. Ive been switching between this and the Origins at night.
- Ole Henriksen Moisterizer – I have finished this. I do have this in my loves list on the Sephora site, but I have a ton of moisturizers to use first.
- Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb moisturizer – I have finished this. I did really like this product, but I like the Ole Henriksen moisturizer more.
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask – I have been using this but it looks like I hardly made a dent in it. I dont need alot. Ive also been switching between this and the Embryolisse moisturizer.
- Vichy One Step Cleanser – I have finished this product. I probably won’t be purchasing it again since I have a ton of cleansers already that are more easy to obtain.
- Estee Edit Dissolve the Drama – I finished this! Ive been working on a couple of cleansing oils and they all seem to last forever.
- Clean + Clear Morning Cleanser – I added water to this to ‘thin’ it out because it got really thick. It still refreshes and hasnt broken me out but I am almost done.
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream – This did not match my skin tone AT ALL so I decluttered it.
So, did you start a project that you hope to complete by the summertime? If so, what is your progress?
Since I have just about completed my 9 Samples to Spring Project, I decided that I wanted to do another similar project for the spring season.
This time, I have decided to do a skincare theme because who doesnt want great skin for the summer? So without further ado, here is the list of items I will be attempting to finish by June 20th:
- Lush Pink Peppermint Foot Cream – I LOVE this stuff. I have about 1/4 of the jar left.
- Glamglow Volcasmic Matte Glow Moisturizer – I believe I got this in a kit from Sephora. I havent even opened this yet, but Im excited to try it.
- Embryolisse moisturizer – I got this in a Birchbox. I started using this last summer, but Ive found that its better for me to use during the colder months. Im about halfway thru this sample.
- Ole Henriksen Moisterizer – This was a 100 point perk from Sephora. I really have enjoyed this moisturizer, and Im about halfway thru this small jar.
- Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb moisturizer – This was a 100 point perk from Sephora. Ive only used this a couple times but I did like it.
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask – I got this in a kit from Sephora. I have not opened this yet, but Ive liked other items from Origins.
- Vichy One Step Cleanser – I can’t remember where I got this, but it smells fabulous. I plan on using this as my evening cleanser.
- Estee Edit Dissolve the Drama – I got this in a Sephora Play Box. Ive been trying different cleansing oils lately and Ive only heard good things about this one.
- Clean + Clear Morning Cleanser – Ive had this for awhile and I dont want it to go bad or expire. I only have a small amount left.
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream – I have no idea where this came from. Its in Light/Medium so it might match my skin.
I will be finishing this project on June 20th and will provide monthly progress updates on March 21, April 18, May 23, and the finale on June 20.
Let me know if you have any projects in the lead up to Summer!