Ive recently had some changes occur in all of my projects and wanted to document them.
2020 Rolling Project Pan (year long project with makeup and skincare)
Since beginning this project, I have finished 6 makeup items and 8 skincare products placed in this project. I finished a primer and eyeliner this month so I will be adding in the Elf Poreless Putty Primer and the Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in Black
9 by November Seasonal Project Pan
I have finished 6 products placed in this project (I actually ended up finishing 4 deluxe sized eye creams since starting this project)
I still have the Sunday Riley Luna Oil and Peter Thomas Roth moisturizer and mask as well as the Strivectin Neck Cream to finish, but Im confident that Ill have all but the mask finished by November.
1,000 item declutter project
I surpassed the 1,000 item mark last weekend and we arent even halfway finished going thru our storage area. That isnt even including the items I havent been able to donate yet. I will be doing a dedicated post about this process towards the end of the year. I will still be decluttering and adding to the amount.
How are you doing on your projects this year? I know Covid really put a damper on so many project pans this year.
Its so hard to believe that its August!
I had a pretty light month for empties but surprisingly finished up 3 eye cream deluxe samples. Unfortunately, the Clinique and Clarins samples were barely filled halfway – so I dont have a huge feeling of accomplishment. I am in the midst of finishing another Clarins eye cream sample that was barely filled, as well. I did not post another update for them because I finished them within a few uses. I wont be adding another eye cream to my project because I think 4 is enough to keep track of!
Despite the packaging, the Curology moisturizer was a cleanser. It was a recent Allure Beauty Box product and I received an email stating there was a mistake of some sort and to see which one I received. Suffice it to say, I received the mislabeled/mispackaged item so I did receive a replacement moisturizer from Curology.
Im almost finished another Ulta lilac lotion (in addition to the one shown here) and only have one more sample after that left. Ill probably be taking a break from it because Im a bit bored with it.
My total for July is $42.48
This is by no means impressive, but considering how many older items Ive used this year, I am still impressed.
Were you able to finish anything?
June was definitely a great month for empties. It may not look like it but there are a lot of empties! It almost seemed like I had something finished every other day or so….
I managed to finish a cleanser, setting powder and lotion from my 2020 Project Pan. I will be updating that project with Thursdays post.
My empties total for the month of June is $138.38! That brings year to date total to $597.86!!
I will be decluttering this face mask. Not only is my face not oily these days, but this mask is definitely expired. It was my oldest face mask so its not a surprise. I dont remember how much is costs but a quick google search gives me an estimated cost of $10. I managed to finish about half of it.
My year to date total on decluttered products is $185.05
How did you do this month? Were you able to finish or declutter items?
After completion of my mostly successful skin care sample project, I wanted to do one that I could carry into the fall.
Since Im still not wearing much makeup, I wanted to continue with using up my skincare. Ive really been concentrating on my skincare since February because my skin has been exceptionally dry. Im usually only able to use these products during the winter and want to take advantage of them while I can and before they expire.
So my next project will be 9 by November. This project caught my attention when I viewed a video from Too Much TashI really liked the premise of another short term project and I wanted to put my own spin on it.
The items listed below are all skincare. I have chosen to put some full size skin care items in this project.
- Cleanser – Simple Hydrating Face Wash
- Toner -Pixi Retinol
- Serum – Vitabrid
- Eye Cream – Caudalie (roll over)
- Facial Oil – Sunday Riley Luna (roll over)
- Day Moisturizer – Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water
- Night Moisturizer – Boscia Cactus Water
- Face Mask – Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water
- Neck Cream – Strivectin
Once I finish these skincare products, all of the skincare products I have are items procured in late 2019-present.
Are you going to be doing a short term project? Will you join this one?
Edit: This post was supposed to go up last Thursday but we had some connectivity issues and it wouldnt publish. I lost a large bit of this post so thats why its not as detailed as many of my other project introductions.
I decided to do one last project before the end of the year. I wanted to make sure I finished off a lot of samples I had hanging around and use up some older skin care products before the end of the year.
Most of these products will be easy to finish because they are either foil samples or I just have a small amount left.
Will you be doing one last push to finish anything?
I have to say that I had a very good month of May. I was able to finish up several deluxe makeup and skin care products.
If you aren’t following my blog or my Instagram, you might not be aware that I am doing the May Mask Challenge by Lisa Stevens so this month of empties is a bit skin care heavy. My goal was to mask 15 times in May, but I managed to mask 24 days!
A major standout to me is the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Mask! You can’t beat the price and it made my skin feel so moisturized. I have very oily skin and most masks just make my skin feel slimy, but the Neutrogena Hydro Boost mask was outstanding. The serum just sunk right into my skin and it did not slide around like others have. You HAVE to try it!
This months empties total is $97.90!!
Did you participate in the May Mask Challenge?
My apologies for the delay in posts. For some reason, when I draft a post, it doesnt publish them the first go-around.
I feel like I did not finish a lot up in September, but I did manage to finish some full size items, so thats a win in my book.
- Tresemme Reverse System Shampoo and Conditioner – I received this from Influenster about 2 years ago, and it took me forever to get thru. I was not impressed by this and conditioning my hair before shampooing did not make sense some times. The shampoo smelled nice but I would not purchase.
- Isoprophyl Alcohol – I use this stuff for everything. I sanitize my makeup, vape stuff as well as use this to clean the glass in my home. Ive already purchased and began using the next bottle.
- OPI Avojuice Sweet Lemon Sage body lotion – I LOVE this lotion so much! I even cut it up to use every last bit. I purchased 3 of these at the time, so Im working on one and have one still for back up.
- Cotton Rounds – I get these from the dollar store. I mostly use these to get off my eye makeup. I always have backups.
- Anna Sui perfume sample – I believe I received this back when I still got Birchbox. I did not care for it but I did finish the sample.
- Amore Pacific moisturizer – I put this in my Halloween Project Pan and Im happy to say that its done. If I had dry skin, this would be a great moisturizer.
- Mario Badescu Night Cream – This was also in my Halloween Project Pan. I did like using this as a night cream, but its more suited for those with dry skin.
- Sunday Riley CEO Serum – This was also an item in my Halloween Project Pan. Im still using the CEO moisturizer from this line. I was not impressed with this serum, but its a foil packet and its difficult to determine what something like this does for your skin with one or two uses.
- Strivectin Neck Cream – I LOVE this! I have a small sample to get thru but its a definite repurchase. I love what using this has done for the appearance of my neck wrinkles.
- Color Pop Super Shock Shadow in Glow – I LOVED this shadow. It was great for no makeup days to just put on my lid to brighten the appearance of my eyes. Unfortunately, this dried up.
- BareMinerals Lash Domination mascara – I like both versions of this mascara but the wand on this variation suits my eye shape better. I would purchase once Im done with the mascaras I have on hand.
- Benefit They’re Real mascara – I liked this the first couple of times I used it, but it seemed to get really gloopy. By about a month into using this, it because super difficult to work with.
- Garnier Skinactive Micellar Cleanser – I ended up using this cleanser in the shower as a short face wash because it made my skin feel super tight. This did not remove my makeup. Odd because their regular micellar water does a fine job at removing my makeup.
- Claritin Ready Tabs – Already repurchased because Im allergic to living.
- Mac eye shadow remover – I like getting these as add ons when I make my purchases. I go between loving this and hating it. I do not have any more of these in my collection.
- Sephora eye makeup remover – LOVE this. Its a great affordable eye makeup remover. I would repurchase if I did not have the Neutrogena brand as back ups.
- Glam Glow SuperMud mask – LOVE this mask and I would purchase once I go thru the ton of masks I have on hand.
- TMaxx Vanilla Bourbon Custard – This is not a flavor I thought Id ever like but here I am – done a 120 ml bottle. I would repurchase but as with everything else, I have other juices to finish.
- Deadline Limeaid and Abetting – This was my last bottle. Right now there aren’t making it anymore and Im truly sad about it. Come back POH juices!!!
What were you able to finish?
Edited: This was supposed to post last Thursday, but never did.
I really didnt finish alot of stuff last month, but heres my empties from January.
- Strivectin tightening face serum – I really didnt like this when I first started using it, but I feel like my skin improved. I would purchase again if I found it in a pack with the neck cream.
- Hanalei papaya powder cleanser – In a previous post I said these were exfoliating cleansers but I was wrong. This was just a powder you mix with water and it foams up. I liked using them, but I dont know where these are readily available or if they are cost effective.
- Lancôme bi-facil eye makeup remover – I liked using this and it removed my eye makeup without rubbing. Id purchase again once I get thru the other eye makeup remover products I already have.
- Juara body creme – I used this as a hand cream due to the size of this sample. It worked alright but I would not repurchase.
- Nuxe moisturizer cream – I also used this as a hand cream due to the size of the sample. Id purchase this in a full size but I have so many other lotions to get thru first.
- Brazilian bum bum cream – This stuff is amazing. Everything they say about it is true. Id buy this over and over and over again.
- Oribe mousse – I only got one use out of this before the nozzle stopped working.
- Scopejuice Maddscope – My favorite e-juice. Already repurchased
- Sephora brush cleaner – I use this to clean all my makeup brushes. I have already repurchased.
- Elf acne gel – I dont remember the full name of this and its not printed on the product but I use this on breakouts. It works great for me and Ive already repurchased.
- L’Oréal pure clay mask (green) – I did like this mask, and would repurchase but I have alot of masks to work thru first.
- Giorgio Armani Acquaint diGioia – I purchased the rollerball after using up this sample. It smells amazing!
- Tarte lights camera lashes mascara – I liked this mascara on my bottom lashes but wouldn’t purchase a full size due to its price.
- Max Factor masterpiece eyeliner – I got this in an Influenster awhile ago and used it a handful of times and then forgot about it. I did like it, but my Target doesnt sell Max Factor and Im not going to make an online order for one eyeliner when I have others I like more.
- Cotton rounds – These are from my dollar store. I use them to apply my toner and with micellar water to remove my makeup. They work fine and are cheap. I buy 3 or 4 at a time.
Did you finish anything last month?
Here are the products I have emptied in the month of December:
- Ion shampoo – I use this to wash my hair only when Im using a semi-permanent dye. I have two backups left but I would repurchase if it still performs after those bottles are empty.
- Cotton pads – I use these to remove makeup and for toner. I believe I still have one or two more packs but I would repurchase. I get these at the dollar store so they are a great value.
- Purlisse charcoal face mask – I got this in a subscription box and usually do not like sheet masks, but this one was great!
- Fresh clay mask – I was not impressed by this especially after seeing it hyped on youtube. I believe I might have a deluxe sample in my skin care drawer tho, but I would not purchase.
- Loreal Hydrafresh Toner – I love this stuff. It takes forever to go thru and its so inexpensive, so its a great value. I would repurchase but I have to get thru a Clinique toner first.
- Shea Moisture shampoo and conditioner – I HATED this and ended up dumping out the conditioner because it did nothing for my hair. Would not purchase.
- Degree deodorant – This is my deodorant of choice and I have already repurchased.
- Garnier micellar water – I love this stuff. I have some eye makeup removers and Sephora micellar waters to finish but I would repurchase once Ive finished those.
- Origins eye cream – I did not like this. I think it caused me to get little bumps under my eyes.
- Makeup Forever serum – I got this in a Sephora play box. I put it in an Advent panning project. I wasnt impressed but the sample only lasted a handful of applications.
- Strivectin eye cream – I did like this while I was using it, but I wouldnt repurchase due to how expensive it is.
- Michael Todd Beauty toner – I did not like this. Would not purchase.
- Origins night cream – I did not like this. Would not purchase.
- Korres yogurt moisturizer – This sample only lasted a week but I was not impressed. Would not purchase.
- Sephora moisturizer – I really like this. Ive received a few foils packs and have enjoyed. I would purchase but I have a drawer full of moisturizers to use up.
- GlamGlow supermud mask – I LOVE these and would purchase if they weren’t so expensive. I have a drawer full of skin care to use before I can think of purchasing more of these.
- SeaBreeze astringent – I LOVE this stuff. I know its horrible for the skin but Ive used this for years. I have a liter bottle that I just refill this container with.
- Lush Volcano foot mask – This was a sample and I did purchase a full size thats pictured here also. I would repurchase because it made my feet feel so good!
- Real Chemistry skin peel – I did not like this. The scent was off putting as well.
- Purity cleanser – I did like this but not enough to purchase over any other cleanser.
- Origins Checks and Balances – LOVE this cleanser! I have a travel size in my backups.
- Ipsy points reward – this was a brush cleaner, but it was so small that I could only fit my eye brushes. Would not purchase based on this ‘sample’
- BareMinerals Lash Domination liquid eyeliner – I really liked this liquid liner and would repurchase once I finish the other liners I have in my backups.
- Essense lash princess mascara – I like both of the Essense mascaras and would repurchase, but I have so many backup mascaras to use up first.
- Hempzilla CBD gummies – I got these when I purchased my CBD extract. Ive been trying to find some relief from FM and SLE symptoms and wanted to see for myself if they worked.
- Dolce & Golbanna light blue perfume sample – LOVE this perfume. Received this sample in a sample bundle from Ulta. I already have a rollerball.
- Delectable body lotion – I did not like this for my body, and used it as a hand lotion instead. It was okay as a hand lotion. Would not go out of my way to purchase tho.
- Scope MaddScope and Deadline Limeaid and Abetting – My two favorite e-juices. No empties would be complete without it.
- Tree Hut scrubs in Shea and Coconut Lime – I use one of these a month. LOVE them and have backups of both.
Did you use up anything in December?
This post is a continuation of my November 30 Advent Calendars post, so please see that for an explanation of this project.
Here are the items chosen for the second half of the Project Pan Advent Calendar:
- Dec 13 – Becca First Light Priming Filter primer
- Dec 14 – Bareminerals Complexion Rescue gel
- Dec 15 – tarte Frxxxtion Stick
- Dec 16 – Bareminerals Blemish Remedy
- Dec 17 – Elf eyebrow powder
- Dec 18 – Marc Jacobs twinkle pop eyeshadow stick (Frannie)
- Dec 19 – Strivectin serum (yellow)
- Dec 20 – Ulta eye primer
- Dec 21 – Sephora moisturizer (foil pack)
- Dec 22 – Elf prep and Hydrate balm
- Dec 23 – Shiseido quick fix mist
- Dec 24 – Peter Thomas Roth water drench cloud cream
Did you participate in a project like this or purchase an Advent calendar this year?