Edited: This was supposed to post last Thursday, but never did.
I really didnt finish alot of stuff last month, but heres my empties from January.
- Strivectin tightening face serum – I really didnt like this when I first started using it, but I feel like my skin improved. I would purchase again if I found it in a pack with the neck cream.
- Hanalei papaya powder cleanser – In a previous post I said these were exfoliating cleansers but I was wrong. This was just a powder you mix with water and it foams up. I liked using them, but I dont know where these are readily available or if they are cost effective.
- Lancôme bi-facil eye makeup remover – I liked using this and it removed my eye makeup without rubbing. Id purchase again once I get thru the other eye makeup remover products I already have.
- Juara body creme – I used this as a hand cream due to the size of this sample. It worked alright but I would not repurchase.
- Nuxe moisturizer cream – I also used this as a hand cream due to the size of the sample. Id purchase this in a full size but I have so many other lotions to get thru first.
- Brazilian bum bum cream – This stuff is amazing. Everything they say about it is true. Id buy this over and over and over again.
- Oribe mousse – I only got one use out of this before the nozzle stopped working.
- Scopejuice Maddscope – My favorite e-juice. Already repurchased
- Sephora brush cleaner – I use this to clean all my makeup brushes. I have already repurchased.
- Elf acne gel – I dont remember the full name of this and its not printed on the product but I use this on breakouts. It works great for me and Ive already repurchased.
- L’Oréal pure clay mask (green) – I did like this mask, and would repurchase but I have alot of masks to work thru first.
- Giorgio Armani Acquaint diGioia – I purchased the rollerball after using up this sample. It smells amazing!
- Tarte lights camera lashes mascara – I liked this mascara on my bottom lashes but wouldn’t purchase a full size due to its price.
- Max Factor masterpiece eyeliner – I got this in an Influenster awhile ago and used it a handful of times and then forgot about it. I did like it, but my Target doesnt sell Max Factor and Im not going to make an online order for one eyeliner when I have others I like more.
- Cotton rounds – These are from my dollar store. I use them to apply my toner and with micellar water to remove my makeup. They work fine and are cheap. I buy 3 or 4 at a time.
Did you finish anything last month?
Here are the products I have emptied in the month of December:
- Ion shampoo – I use this to wash my hair only when Im using a semi-permanent dye. I have two backups left but I would repurchase if it still performs after those bottles are empty.
- Cotton pads – I use these to remove makeup and for toner. I believe I still have one or two more packs but I would repurchase. I get these at the dollar store so they are a great value.
- Purlisse charcoal face mask – I got this in a subscription box and usually do not like sheet masks, but this one was great!
- Fresh clay mask – I was not impressed by this especially after seeing it hyped on youtube. I believe I might have a deluxe sample in my skin care drawer tho, but I would not purchase.
- Loreal Hydrafresh Toner – I love this stuff. It takes forever to go thru and its so inexpensive, so its a great value. I would repurchase but I have to get thru a Clinique toner first.
- Shea Moisture shampoo and conditioner – I HATED this and ended up dumping out the conditioner because it did nothing for my hair. Would not purchase.
- Degree deodorant – This is my deodorant of choice and I have already repurchased.
- Garnier micellar water – I love this stuff. I have some eye makeup removers and Sephora micellar waters to finish but I would repurchase once Ive finished those.
- Origins eye cream – I did not like this. I think it caused me to get little bumps under my eyes.
- Makeup Forever serum – I got this in a Sephora play box. I put it in an Advent panning project. I wasnt impressed but the sample only lasted a handful of applications.
- Strivectin eye cream – I did like this while I was using it, but I wouldnt repurchase due to how expensive it is.
- Michael Todd Beauty toner – I did not like this. Would not purchase.
- Origins night cream – I did not like this. Would not purchase.
- Korres yogurt moisturizer – This sample only lasted a week but I was not impressed. Would not purchase.
- Sephora moisturizer – I really like this. Ive received a few foils packs and have enjoyed. I would purchase but I have a drawer full of moisturizers to use up.
- GlamGlow supermud mask – I LOVE these and would purchase if they weren’t so expensive. I have a drawer full of skin care to use before I can think of purchasing more of these.
- SeaBreeze astringent – I LOVE this stuff. I know its horrible for the skin but Ive used this for years. I have a liter bottle that I just refill this container with.
- Lush Volcano foot mask – This was a sample and I did purchase a full size thats pictured here also. I would repurchase because it made my feet feel so good!
- Real Chemistry skin peel – I did not like this. The scent was off putting as well.
- Purity cleanser – I did like this but not enough to purchase over any other cleanser.
- Origins Checks and Balances – LOVE this cleanser! I have a travel size in my backups.
- Ipsy points reward – this was a brush cleaner, but it was so small that I could only fit my eye brushes. Would not purchase based on this ‘sample’
- BareMinerals Lash Domination liquid eyeliner – I really liked this liquid liner and would repurchase once I finish the other liners I have in my backups.
- Essense lash princess mascara – I like both of the Essense mascaras and would repurchase, but I have so many backup mascaras to use up first.
- Hempzilla CBD gummies – I got these when I purchased my CBD extract. Ive been trying to find some relief from FM and SLE symptoms and wanted to see for myself if they worked.
- Dolce & Golbanna light blue perfume sample – LOVE this perfume. Received this sample in a sample bundle from Ulta. I already have a rollerball.
- Delectable body lotion – I did not like this for my body, and used it as a hand lotion instead. It was okay as a hand lotion. Would not go out of my way to purchase tho.
- Scope MaddScope and Deadline Limeaid and Abetting – My two favorite e-juices. No empties would be complete without it.
- Tree Hut scrubs in Shea and Coconut Lime – I use one of these a month. LOVE them and have backups of both.
Did you use up anything in December?
This post is a continuation of my November 30 Advent Calendars post, so please see that for an explanation of this project.
Here are the items chosen for the second half of the Project Pan Advent Calendar:
- Dec 13 – Becca First Light Priming Filter primer
- Dec 14 – Bareminerals Complexion Rescue gel
- Dec 15 – tarte Frxxxtion Stick
- Dec 16 – Bareminerals Blemish Remedy
- Dec 17 – Elf eyebrow powder
- Dec 18 – Marc Jacobs twinkle pop eyeshadow stick (Frannie)
- Dec 19 – Strivectin serum (yellow)
- Dec 20 – Ulta eye primer
- Dec 21 – Sephora moisturizer (foil pack)
- Dec 22 – Elf prep and Hydrate balm
- Dec 23 – Shiseido quick fix mist
- Dec 24 – Peter Thomas Roth water drench cloud cream
Did you participate in a project like this or purchase an Advent calendar this year?
I love panning projects where entire communities come together and participate. This one is no exception. This project was created by Jacquelyn Lovene on youtube (Jacquelyn Lovene). There are loads of other channels as well as instagram accounts participating in this project.
Since I am not actively panning anything at the moment, I decided it would be a perfect time to see if I could get thru some of my deluxe sized and almost-finished skin care items.
In no particular order:
- Strivectin Eye Serum – I love this stuff but its now the oldest eye serum I have. I use this mainly in the mornings.
- Origins Gin-Zing Eye Cream – I started using this at night but stopped out of pure laziness.
- GlamGlow Volcasmic Moisterizer – This is the second or third deluxe sample Ive received in a Sephora Play Box. I opened this right after I got my facial because I needed the extra moisture, and now that the weather is cooling down, it won’t look too greasy on my skin.
- Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask – This was previously in another skin care project but I couldn’t finish it before the weather got hot. Im about half way thru this deluxe sample.
- BareMinerals Skinlongetivity Vital Power Infusion Serum – I LOVE this serum. Im working thru some other serum samples along with using this, but it definitely will be re-purchased.
- Curel Hydratherapy Wet Skin Moisturizer – I like the Jergens version of this more but I probably only have a couple of uses left in this. Ill be glad to see it go.
- Delectable Lotion – This claims to be a body lotion, but my skin needs more moisture than this lotion can give me, so Ive been using it as a hand lotion. Im about a third of the way thru this, but Id like to have this gone by the end of the year.
- Lush Volcano Foot Mask (sample and full size) – My full size has a Use By date of September 27th on it, so I need to really finish this up. Its almost November now!
- Peel off masks Freeman – I have two of these. One is halfway used the other hasnt been opened. Im working on the Sweet Tea & Lemon and I have a Renewing Cucumber.
- Purlisse Charcoal and Licorice Sheet Mask & Flashpatch Eye Hydrogels – Im not a fan of sheet masks but I received this in a subscription box and because the weather has changed a bit, this won’t make me too oily.
- Fresh Umbrian Clay mask & Glam Glow Supermud mask (I have 3 of these) – I prefer this type of mask. I really need to start using the masks I have so I can experiment with some others out there.
- Exfoliants – Real Chemistry 3 minute peel, Skin Inc peel, and Hanalei powder cleanser – These have been sitting around and need to be used up. I think I might have used the deluxe samples once. As with the masks, I want to use these up and move onto other products.
Are you trying to finish up anything before the end of the year?
This year I resolved to completely use up the products in my collection, and that includes the samples Ive been getting in my subscription boxes.
I think I did a great job using up all of the things for the first month!
- Futerer Shampoo & Conditioner – I did not like these. They did not lather enough for my liking and the scent was over-powering.
- Loreal Volume Filler Shampoo – I didnt mind this shampoo, but I didnt see a difference between this and my regular shampoo.
- Covergirl Mascara – This is my second favorite drug store mascara. This ended up drying out on me.
- Ulta Mascara Primer – I dont like using mascara primers. This came in a kit of primers I purchased back in August.
- BareMinerals Lash Domination (2 Deluxe samples) – Its a wetter mascara. I liked using these once the formula dried a bit.
- BareMinerals Mineral Veil – This is my FAVORITE powder to set my foundation.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation (3 samples from Sephora) – I got these samples to try the foundation. I ended up purchasing the full size. (Its a great foundation for oily skin, but it does tend to oxidize about a shade darker)
- Laneige BB Cushion Foundation – I got this in a Target Beauty Box and I disliked it. Even the light shade I was sent was too dark for me and it made me look incredibly oily.
- Garnier Makeup Removing Wipes – They removed my makeup, but I like the Neutrogena brand better.
- Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads – I got these in a Walmart or Target Beauty Box. I did not like these but they did remove my eye makeup. I prefer a cotton pad with micellar water.
- Vasanti Brighten Up Exfoliator – I did enjoy using this cleanser, but I prefer the Clean and Clear exfoliating cleanser more.
- Dr Brandt Microderm Abrasion Cleanser – I did like this but the tube was only half full.
- Marcela Moisturizing Gel – I did like this moisturizer but not enough to replace my current favorite.
- Organic Surge Eye Gel – This did nothing for my undereye area.
- Elemis Marine Cream – This cream was FANTASTIC and the scent was nice even though I do not like or enjoy floral scents. However, this stuff is expensive.
- Dr Lips Miracle Balm – I did not enjoy this and it was difficult to work with.
- Shine On SuperGoop – I did not enjoy this and it wasnt worth working to empty completely.
- Strivectin Neck Cream – Best Neck Cream EVER!
- Ulta Setting Spray – I really like the Ulta brand. It works to keep my makeup in place during the day. I have repurchased.
- Loreal Revitalift Foil Packet – Ive used about 7 of these this year and I dont know why I just dont pass them on.
- Maddscope – I go through 100 mls of this juice a month. LOVE it!
- Deadline – Limeade and Abetting – I really like this juice. This was my first bottle but it won’t be the last. As soon as I finish my 120ml bottle of POH juice, Ill re-order this one.
Time to look at my trash!