About two weeks ago I ordered a .25 derma roller from Target. This is the recommended needle depth to allow your skin care to absorb more efficiently and you can use this product everyday/a few times a week. I ordered it from Target for $10.99 + tax but you can find derma rollers from several different places.
Its worth noting that the .25 depth is not used for scar reduction, collagen growth, stretch marks or wrinkle reduction.
I have noticed that most of my skin care is mid-range to high-end and I want it to work at its full advantage. Im not getting any younger and my skin is definitely showing its age with every year.
Its very important to keep the derma roller sanitized prior to and after your treatment and store it in the plastic case that it came with. It is also important that you cleanse your skin before and after treatment. Some recommend using isopropyl alcohol or witch hazel, but I prefer Sea Breeze astringent.
There are many videos on youtube showing how to use your derma roller. I would suggest watching more than one.
Have you tried derma rolling? If you try it after reading this, let me know in the comments.
Ah, the first empties of the year!
As I had mentioned in my previous post, I will be doing my empties a bit different this year. I will also be keeping track of the cost used. In some instances, the cost will be estimated. Most of these will be for items I received in monthly subscription boxes, so cost might be determined to be $2-5 each. I will be including foil packets in my empties, but for the most part, I will not be estimating the price.
My grand total for January’s empties is: $ 366.67
The SK-II Essense sells for $240 in Sephora, so that explains the large total for the month. My initial impression using this essence was negative but this product really came thru during the colder months. I would suggest those with dry skin but I would not purchase due to the cost.
What did you finish up last month?
Here are the products I have emptied in the month of December:
- Ion shampoo – I use this to wash my hair only when Im using a semi-permanent dye. I have two backups left but I would repurchase if it still performs after those bottles are empty.
- Cotton pads – I use these to remove makeup and for toner. I believe I still have one or two more packs but I would repurchase. I get these at the dollar store so they are a great value.
- Purlisse charcoal face mask – I got this in a subscription box and usually do not like sheet masks, but this one was great!
- Fresh clay mask – I was not impressed by this especially after seeing it hyped on youtube. I believe I might have a deluxe sample in my skin care drawer tho, but I would not purchase.
- Loreal Hydrafresh Toner – I love this stuff. It takes forever to go thru and its so inexpensive, so its a great value. I would repurchase but I have to get thru a Clinique toner first.
- Shea Moisture shampoo and conditioner – I HATED this and ended up dumping out the conditioner because it did nothing for my hair. Would not purchase.
- Degree deodorant – This is my deodorant of choice and I have already repurchased.
- Garnier micellar water – I love this stuff. I have some eye makeup removers and Sephora micellar waters to finish but I would repurchase once Ive finished those.
- Origins eye cream – I did not like this. I think it caused me to get little bumps under my eyes.
- Makeup Forever serum – I got this in a Sephora play box. I put it in an Advent panning project. I wasnt impressed but the sample only lasted a handful of applications.
- Strivectin eye cream – I did like this while I was using it, but I wouldnt repurchase due to how expensive it is.
- Michael Todd Beauty toner – I did not like this. Would not purchase.
- Origins night cream – I did not like this. Would not purchase.
- Korres yogurt moisturizer – This sample only lasted a week but I was not impressed. Would not purchase.
- Sephora moisturizer – I really like this. Ive received a few foils packs and have enjoyed. I would purchase but I have a drawer full of moisturizers to use up.
- GlamGlow supermud mask – I LOVE these and would purchase if they weren’t so expensive. I have a drawer full of skin care to use before I can think of purchasing more of these.
- SeaBreeze astringent – I LOVE this stuff. I know its horrible for the skin but Ive used this for years. I have a liter bottle that I just refill this container with.
- Lush Volcano foot mask – This was a sample and I did purchase a full size thats pictured here also. I would repurchase because it made my feet feel so good!
- Real Chemistry skin peel – I did not like this. The scent was off putting as well.
- Purity cleanser – I did like this but not enough to purchase over any other cleanser.
- Origins Checks and Balances – LOVE this cleanser! I have a travel size in my backups.
- Ipsy points reward – this was a brush cleaner, but it was so small that I could only fit my eye brushes. Would not purchase based on this ‘sample’
- BareMinerals Lash Domination liquid eyeliner – I really liked this liquid liner and would repurchase once I finish the other liners I have in my backups.
- Essense lash princess mascara – I like both of the Essense mascaras and would repurchase, but I have so many backup mascaras to use up first.
- Hempzilla CBD gummies – I got these when I purchased my CBD extract. Ive been trying to find some relief from FM and SLE symptoms and wanted to see for myself if they worked.
- Dolce & Golbanna light blue perfume sample – LOVE this perfume. Received this sample in a sample bundle from Ulta. I already have a rollerball.
- Delectable body lotion – I did not like this for my body, and used it as a hand lotion instead. It was okay as a hand lotion. Would not go out of my way to purchase tho.
- Scope MaddScope and Deadline Limeaid and Abetting – My two favorite e-juices. No empties would be complete without it.
- Tree Hut scrubs in Shea and Coconut Lime – I use one of these a month. LOVE them and have backups of both.
Did you use up anything in December?
Sorry for my extended absence. I basically took the summer off and had a moderately successful no-buy. Anyway, I did finish a lot of products this summer. What is listed here are products I finished from June through August.
- Claritin – I have terrible allergies so I take one of these a day. You can see how that adds up.
- Orbit gum – Received this as a sample from pinchme and I did like the flavor of this gum.
- Neutrogena makeup remover wipes, simple makeup remover wipes , cotton rounds – I used these to remove my makeup. I dont really like the simple wipes as much as the Neutrogena wipes. I still have a pack of the Neutrogena wipes that Im about halfway done with.
- Clean & Clear cleanser – I LOVE this cleanser and and I didnt want to finish it because I couldn’t find it anywhere anymore. I purchased a similar cleaner from Clean & Clear so we will see how it stacks up against this one.
- Purity cleanser – I didnt really like this and I believe I have a deluxe sample that I received from a subscription box.
- Philosophy cleanser – I did like this cleanser, and Im currently using another cleanser from Philosophy in a full size.
- Glamglow supermud mask – I LOVE this mask. I do have a smaller size already but Im working on one from Origins right now.
- Sea breeze astringent – I really LOVE Sea Breeze. It makes my skin feel great and I also use it to clean up my skin after I color my hair.
- Bamboo shampoo and conditioner – I got this from a Target box and I HATE this. It doesnt lather and I dont like the scent.
- Pantene shampoo – Ive always liked Pantene shampoos but they aren’t good for my hair when I bleach and color it, so I only can use something like this when Im in between processes.
- Dove deodorant – I liked this deodorant but I like the Degree deodorants more.
- Motrin – When you have allergies, you get headaches.
- Ulta makeup setting spray – I like this setting spray and have it in full size.
- Japonesque lip wipe – This did remove my lipstick, but it had a horrible scent and tasted nasty.
- Mac eye makeup remover – This really removed my eye makeup but I dont think Id purchase it.
- Lush ocean salt scrub – Got a sample from Lush and really liked it, but the Tree Hut version is much less expensive.
- Tarte moisturizer – I got this in a subscription box and I did like it, but I wouldn’t use it during the summer due to my oily skin. Someone with dry skin would love it.
- Embryolisse moisturizer – I got this from Birchbox back when I was subscribed and I hated it by the end of the sample.
- Burts bees day lotion – I loved using this as a hand cream.
- Lush cup o coffee mask – This is a great face mask and really exfoliates. I havent pulled the trigger on the full size because I have so many masks to use first.
- Mac fix + – Travel sized. I already have a full size and love this stuff. Its literally magic in a bottle.
- Degree deodorant – My deodorant of choice.
- Mac Studio Fix foundation – I did like this when I used it in the winter, but in the summer its way to ‘greasy’ for my skin.
- Cover Girl powder foundation – This was in my Use it Up project and it was a great powder. Would repurchase after I finish the other powder foundations I have.
- Max Factor, Sephora Lash Craft, Mad Lash, Iconoclast, makeup forever, Well People, Bobbi Brown smoky eye, elf makeup remover – I used a bunch of sample mascaras. I liked the Well People mascara alot but its almost as expensive as my favorite Mac mascara, so I can’t justify that purchase. The Elf Makeup Remover is great when you screw up your liner or mascara.
- Brush cleaner sample from Ipsy – It did clean my brushes but the 100 point Ipsy points it costs was ridiculous.
- Benefit lip stain – Hated this. The roses scent was way overpowering.
- Isopropyl alcohol – I go thru at least one of these a year. I use it to repress my makeup and sanitize powder products.
- 5 bottles of Maddscope from ScopeJuice – My all day vape.
- 4 bottles of Limeade and Abetting – Another favorite vape juice.
I hope you enjoyed looking at my Summer Empties. Im glad to be back sharing my thoughts with you.