Thankfully 2020 is halfway over. Who would have thought that back in January so many plans would have to be modified so much? Admittedly I do A LOT of skincare projects and its no surprise that my 2020 Rolling Project Pan has focused on the skincare products Ive chosen.
I have finished 15 items that have been in my 2020 project and while that does seem to be successful, there are several categories Im still struggling to use.
If you read my last post you will know that I finished a cleanser, setting powder and had to declutter an expired face mask. So I am rolling the next oldest products in my collection in those categories.
- Cleanser – Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash. While this isnt the cleanser I need to use for how my skin is currently, its my oldest cleanser so I need to use it up. Ill be using it as my morning cleanse.
- Mask – Kate Somerville Exfolikate. I love this mask and Ive used almost half of the tube.
- Setting Powder – Makeup Forever HD powder. Ive never used this powder before but I know several people who love it as much as the Laura Mercier.
I also change up which perfumes I use during this time of year. So, Ive rolled in my Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream rollerball into the project. Ill be using this perfume until sometime early fall when I will roll the Elizabeth and James Nirvana back into the project.
Have you been struggling with your year long projects? Have you finished many products?
Last month I began this skincare project that ends June 21st. Its now May 21st so we are exactly halfway done!
Ive done really good with this project – finishing 8 items in this project, leaving me with these products left –
I am currently halfway finished the Luna oil that is on top. I dont want to rush it because I love this product so much! I also have just a few uses left of the Sunday Riley A+ serum.
Im not fond of the Bobbi Brown balm due to the scent but since we still arent going anywhere, Im the only one who is smelling it! I guess you could say its a good thing we are on ‘lock down’.
This project allowed me to use up a lot of samples that I would usually save until later. Im still not sure whats going on with my skin, but its still incredibly dry, so Im glad Im using these products.
How are you doing with any short term projects youre doing?
Its hard to believe that we are now into the 2nd quarter of the year.
I have finished 8 products so far this year, and one that unfortunately expired.
The latest items were/are:
- I finished the Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer last month. Im replacing it with the Ulta Lilac Breeze Body Lotion – 1 large bottle and 3 small bottles. Ive been working on the large bottle for over a year.
- I finished the Laura Geller Lip Scrub. Im replacing it with the Tarte Lip Facial. This is one of my favorite lip scrubs.
- My Aurora X Ipsy concealer expired. Im replacing this with BareMinerals Stroke of Light. I have only used this a few times, but so far Im liking it.
- I finished the Anastasia Brow Wiz. Im replacing it with Maybelline Brow Precise. I had used this brow pencil on and off, but its time to use it up.
Are you doing a rolling project? If so, how are you doing?
I love doing sample skincare project pans because I love to experiment with different skincare products and using up your samples can really inspire you to keep panning.
For some reason my skin has been unusually dry. Even drier than what it is during the winter. So I pulled out the skincare samples I set aside for winter to use up now. Ive tried several of these products before.
Here are the skincare samples Ill be focusing on:
- Clarins Essense
- Clarins Exfoliating Toner
- Sunday Riley Good Genes (2)
- Burts Bees Moisturizing Cream
- Kiehls Glow Formula Skin Hydrator (2)
- Dr Jart Ceramidin Cream
- Bobbi Brown Moisture Balm
- Sunday Riley A+ Serum
- Sunday Riley CEO Serum
- Caudalie eye cream
- Sunday Riley Luna Oil (2)
Im going to run this project thru June 23rd.
Will you be doing any short term seasonal projects?
I have decided to do another rolling project pan as well as continue to work thru my perfumes.
I will be doing this years project a little different than in the past. I will be doing 10 body care products and 10 Makeup products. I will be rolling in new items as I finish.
For Body Care, I will be working on:
- Hand Cream – Dionis White Jasmine & Shea hand cream
- Foot Care – Lush Pink Peppermint foot cream
- Dry Shampoo – R&Co Badlands paste
- Body Lotion – jojoba oil
- Lip Scrub – Laura Geller
- Eye Care – Ulta eye gels
- Face Mask – Elemis thousand flower mask
- Lip Product – Sephora Lip Balm
- Cleanser – Clean and Clear Morning Burst
- Perfume – Elizabeth and James Nirvana rollerball
For Makeup, I will be working on:
- Primer – Dr Brandt Luminizer
- Concealer – Aurora X Ipsy
- Powder Foundation – BareMinerals Matte
- Liquid Foundation – Maybelline Matte and Poreless
- Powder – Essense All About Matt
- Setting Powder – Cover FX powder
- Blush – Tarte Paarty
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
- Brow Gel – Chella
- Eyeliner – Ulta Double sided (Black side only)
I will also be continuing to work on using my perfumes. This year, Ill be concentrating on trying to use up two rollerballs and at least one deluxe sized mini. I hope to finish 10 decanted samples. (I finished 33 of these last year.)
I also want to hit pan on at least 20 eyeshadows this year.
Are you planning on doing a project pan this year?
Last year I decided to do a traditional Project 10 Pan and as of May, I have finished 10 products!!!
If you forgot, I have finished the:
- MUFE Primer
- UD Naked Basics (Foxy) shade
- UD Naked Basics (WOS) shade
- MUFE Foundation Sample
- Essence Make Me Brow
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick (Rosegold)
- Stila Glitter and Glow (Kitten)
- Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
- Marc Jacobs Highliner
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Foundation
I am beyond thrilled that I was able to finish these products!
I havent finished any other project pan products since May even though I have tried. I took a month off of panning, especially since my Spring into Summer project was a complete fail.
And Im back with a ‘NEW” Project 10 Pan that will hopefully be as successful as the first half of the year.
The products I will be working on are (some have been rolled back into this project):
- Ulta eye primer*
- Mac Oil Control Lotion*
- Becca First Light Priming Filter*
- Essence Make Me Brow
- Laura Geller Lip Strip
- Sephora Lip Balm
- BareMinerals Concealer
- Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder
- Elf Brow Wax*
- BareMinerals Lasting Line
- *Denotes prior project inclusion
Have you been actively panning this year? Have you been successful?
(Ignore the weird graph below)
I currently have three projects running. Im doing a Project 10 Pan, A Spring into Summer Project, and a Rocky Horror Picture Show based project. Im doing pretty great at my Project 10 Pan, but I have to admit Im slacking on the others so far.
Project 10 Pan Update:
I have finished my Tarte mascara and Marc Jacobs eyeliner. This makes 9 products in this project panned.
I will be adding in the:
- R&Co Badlands dry shampoo paste – Ive only used this a handful of times but its the oldest dry shampoo I have. Its a deluxe size so it will be easier to pan than my full size dry shampoos.
- YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer – This is the oldest primer I have and its also a deluxe size. I still have the smallest amount of primer Im still working on but Ill be starting this one very soon.
- BareMinerals 5 in 1 cream eyeshadow (Luminous Pearl) – This is the oldest cream shadow in my collection and Id like to use it up before it expires. It looks great on its own as well as with brightening other shadows.
Spring into Summer Update:
So far I have only finished the three of four decanted perfume samples. I have been making progress on the Becca primer and the Bareminerals concealer. The Makeup Forever foundation is going slower than I thought it would. Im currently using it as a concealer for under my eyes but its a thicker consistency so only a small amount is necessary.
Rocky Horror Picture Show Update:
I only recently started this project but I have already finished the Boscia mask. I have added in the Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal mask and have been using it in the May Mask Challenge from Lisa Stevens. I don’t have a lot left and Im fairly certain Ill have this finished by the end of the month.
How are you doing on your projects? Have you been making any progress?
Let me know in the comments!
Spoiler alert: I just finished my Laura Mercier caviar stick I had in this project yesterday! So I need to add some products into my project pan.
Old items still to work on are:
- IT Cosmetics CC Foundation
- Stila Kitten Karma
- Marc Jacobs Eyeliner
- Elf tone powder
- ColourPop KathleenLights SS
- Elf Brow Wax
I am adding in:
- Tarte Mascara
- Ulta Eye Primer
- Mac Oil Control Lotion
- Sephora Lip Balm
I am making progress on several of these items and I am so excited to be using them!
Are you doing a rolling project pan? What products are in yours?
Sorry for the break in posting, but we recently welcomed our fourth grandson into our family!
I wanted to fill you in on my progress of some of the projects I have had going on….
For my 2018 1,000 items declutter (that I last updated on last August) I was able to declutter 801 items. I believe I would have been able to declutter 1,000 items had I begun at the start of the year, so I have decided to do another 1,000 item declutter in 2019. I have started to declutter and will update quarterly. These may be stand-alone posts or may be included in monthly empties posts.
For my Project 10 Pan, I have finished 4 products and will be picking 4 more products to add into the project.
- Elf tone correcting powder (cool) – You can see I have hit pan on this powder, as well as depotted it)
- Colour Pop Super Shock Shadow (KathleenLights) – I have hit pan on this shadow, and do not believe it will take that long to finish this.
- Elf brow wax (its on the left on the photo below) -I have also hit pan on this wax. I do not use the brow powder because it doesn’t match my brow hair.
- Sephora Lashcraft Big Volume Mascara – I just opened this deluxe sample that I received in a Sephora Play box.
I have also decided to make the Project 10 Pan into a rolling project pan, in order to finish as many products as possible this year.
Do you have any long term makeup or skin care plans for 2019?
EDIT: This post was sitting in my drafts instead of being posted last week. Because of this ‘snafu’ I will be adding the post that would have been posted today on Thursday.
I decided that I really have to get down and finish some of my older items in my collection. The best way is to put these products into a project.
The 10 items I have chosen to finish are:
- Urban Decay Naked Basics (Foxy) – I use this to set my eyeshadow primer. Ive actually repressed this.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics (WOS) – I also use this to set my eyeshadow primer.
- Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Perfecting Primer – I LOVE this primer. I just purchased a full size in the Ulta sale, so I need to finish this one up. Its also my oldest primer I have.
- Make Up Forever Step 1 Primer – I received this in a Sephora play box awhile ago. I do like this primer, but not enough to get a full size.
- Make Up Forever Ultra HD Foundation – I received this sample in a Sephora Play and it matches me pretty well in the summer. I dont really tan, but my face does go up a shade. I might have a handful of applications left.
- It Cosmetics CC+ – This stuff is magic. It matches me perfectly. I might have a few uses left, and once I get thru my other foundations, I would consider purchasing this and I dont even wear full coverage foundations!
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick (Rose Gold) – I received this in a Sephora Play and love it. Id like to finish this and a few other sticks before purchasing another.
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon – This is a GREAT eyeliner. It does NOT budge in my waterline. I really want others in this line, but I have a ton of eyeliners to finish first.
- Essense Make Me Brow – I love this and it fits into almost any budget! I have a few other brow gels to get thru, but this is one of the staples in my collection.
- Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter and Glow Shadow (Kitten Karma) – I became a fan of glitter because of this! I have purchased others in this line and would definitely get another one of this shade when I finish it. There isnt a lot left in this small sample so it should be simple to finish.
Are you doing a Project 10 Pan? What will you be trying to finish?