Ah, the first empties of the year!
As I had mentioned in my previous post, I will be doing my empties a bit different this year. I will also be keeping track of the cost used. In some instances, the cost will be estimated. Most of these will be for items I received in monthly subscription boxes, so cost might be determined to be $2-5 each. I will be including foil packets in my empties, but for the most part, I will not be estimating the price.
My grand total for January’s empties is: $ 366.67
The SK-II Essense sells for $240 in Sephora, so that explains the large total for the month. My initial impression using this essence was negative but this product really came thru during the colder months. I would suggest those with dry skin but I would not purchase due to the cost.
What did you finish up last month?
For some reason, I thought I finished more than this last month, but the proof is in the pudding-as they say.
Here are the products I finished:
- Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub – I dont go through these as often in the summer, but I always have a backup.
- White Could cotton balls – I used these mainly for nail polish. I have a backup but its the dollar store brand if I remember correctly.
- Neutrogena eye makeup remover – One of my favorite makeup removers. I do have a backup, but Im using some samples Ive received first.
- Clinique facial cleanser – I believe this is my last one. I would not repurchase. I like other facial cleansers better.
- Korres cleanser – I did not like this at all.
- Glam Glow Supercleanse – I liked this but I think Im allergic to something in it because my face gets swollen every time I use it.
- Skin & Co truffle eye cream – This was ok. I prefer other eye gels/creams to this.
- Sephora brush cleanser – I love this stuff. Its a bit cheaper than the beauty blender cleanser and does a fine job cleaning my brushes.
- Cotton Rounds – I use these for toner and removing my eye makeup. I get them at the dollar store and I usually have backups.
- Erno Lazlo eye masks – I got these from Influenster to review and wanted a treat. I like these but I cant justify the cost.
- Covergirl Lashblast – Not my favorite Covergirl mascara, but I like it.
- Doucce <sp> mascara – This was a very wet formula that really coated the lashes, but it got way too goopy too quick.
- Ole Henriksen Night Gel – I did not like this.
- Bonine – I get motion sickness. Enough said.
- SKII Essense – This was too easy to use. Not enough of an improvement over my Loreal toner to justify the cost. Would not purchase. This was a project pan item.
- Sunday Riley CEO serum – I do not like this. I have another foil packet to finish in my current project pan.
- Origins Ginzing Moisturizer – This was ok. I wouldnt go out of my way to purchase. This was a project pan item.
- L’Occitane Divine Eyes – I liked this but its pricy. This was a project pan item.
- Clockwork Custard – not really my style of juice but it was alright. It was nice to try.
- Savage Marcellus (Lemon Tart) – I really liked this juice and the site always does sales, but never includes this juice in their bundles.
- Cloud Kiss – This is a juice from TiaVapes on youtube. It was a light strawberry cake batter. It was really good.
- The Cake Shoppe Pound It – OMG Lemon Pound cake in vape form! I can finally get that sweet tooth craving without adding the calories!
- ScopeJuice – Oatmeal Cookie wonderfulness 🙂 My readers know Ive been vaping this for a couple years now.
Did you finish anything last month?
Sorry for my extended absence. I basically took the summer off and had a moderately successful no-buy. Anyway, I did finish a lot of products this summer. What is listed here are products I finished from June through August.
- Claritin – I have terrible allergies so I take one of these a day. You can see how that adds up.
- Orbit gum – Received this as a sample from pinchme and I did like the flavor of this gum.
- Neutrogena makeup remover wipes, simple makeup remover wipes , cotton rounds – I used these to remove my makeup. I dont really like the simple wipes as much as the Neutrogena wipes. I still have a pack of the Neutrogena wipes that Im about halfway done with.
- Clean & Clear cleanser – I LOVE this cleanser and and I didnt want to finish it because I couldn’t find it anywhere anymore. I purchased a similar cleaner from Clean & Clear so we will see how it stacks up against this one.
- Purity cleanser – I didnt really like this and I believe I have a deluxe sample that I received from a subscription box.
- Philosophy cleanser – I did like this cleanser, and Im currently using another cleanser from Philosophy in a full size.
- Glamglow supermud mask – I LOVE this mask. I do have a smaller size already but Im working on one from Origins right now.
- Sea breeze astringent – I really LOVE Sea Breeze. It makes my skin feel great and I also use it to clean up my skin after I color my hair.
- Bamboo shampoo and conditioner – I got this from a Target box and I HATE this. It doesnt lather and I dont like the scent.
- Pantene shampoo – Ive always liked Pantene shampoos but they aren’t good for my hair when I bleach and color it, so I only can use something like this when Im in between processes.
- Dove deodorant – I liked this deodorant but I like the Degree deodorants more.
- Motrin – When you have allergies, you get headaches.
- Ulta makeup setting spray – I like this setting spray and have it in full size.
- Japonesque lip wipe – This did remove my lipstick, but it had a horrible scent and tasted nasty.
- Mac eye makeup remover – This really removed my eye makeup but I dont think Id purchase it.
- Lush ocean salt scrub – Got a sample from Lush and really liked it, but the Tree Hut version is much less expensive.
- Tarte moisturizer – I got this in a subscription box and I did like it, but I wouldn’t use it during the summer due to my oily skin. Someone with dry skin would love it.
- Embryolisse moisturizer – I got this from Birchbox back when I was subscribed and I hated it by the end of the sample.
- Burts bees day lotion – I loved using this as a hand cream.
- Lush cup o coffee mask – This is a great face mask and really exfoliates. I havent pulled the trigger on the full size because I have so many masks to use first.
- Mac fix + – Travel sized. I already have a full size and love this stuff. Its literally magic in a bottle.
- Degree deodorant – My deodorant of choice.
- Mac Studio Fix foundation – I did like this when I used it in the winter, but in the summer its way to ‘greasy’ for my skin.
- Cover Girl powder foundation – This was in my Use it Up project and it was a great powder. Would repurchase after I finish the other powder foundations I have.
- Max Factor, Sephora Lash Craft, Mad Lash, Iconoclast, makeup forever, Well People, Bobbi Brown smoky eye, elf makeup remover – I used a bunch of sample mascaras. I liked the Well People mascara alot but its almost as expensive as my favorite Mac mascara, so I can’t justify that purchase. The Elf Makeup Remover is great when you screw up your liner or mascara.
- Brush cleaner sample from Ipsy – It did clean my brushes but the 100 point Ipsy points it costs was ridiculous.
- Benefit lip stain – Hated this. The roses scent was way overpowering.
- Isopropyl alcohol – I go thru at least one of these a year. I use it to repress my makeup and sanitize powder products.
- 5 bottles of Maddscope from ScopeJuice – My all day vape.
- 4 bottles of Limeade and Abetting – Another favorite vape juice.
I hope you enjoyed looking at my Summer Empties. Im glad to be back sharing my thoughts with you.
I dont usually post on Saturdays, but I missed posting this yesterday.
Here are my thoughts on my March empties:
- Garner Micellar Water – I love this stuff! I use it to remove my eye makeup with a cotton round. I have already purchased a replacement.
- Eyeko Fat Eyeliner – I had this in a MakeUp Use Up for this year. I received this in a Birchbox and while I enjoyed using it, I would not repurchased because I prefer other brands.
- Eyeko Eyeliner – I had this in a MakeUp Use Up for this year. I got this item in a Birchbox and I did enjoy using it, but I would not repurchase because there are other brands I prefer.
- Elf Eyeliner – This is another item I had in a Makeup Use Up for this year. This is one of my favorite eyeliners. I have not repurchased, because I am trying out another Elf eyeliner that many people rave about.
- Dionis hand cream (White Jasmine and Shea) – I love this hand cream. This moisturizes my skin and smells fantastic. I have already repurchased.
- Mane and Tail shampoo – I hated this shampoo. It seemed to tangle my very short hair and I did not enjoy the scent.
- Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara – My holy grail mascara. I love the wand and you can’t beat the price. I already have a replacement.
- Milk Mascara – I received this in a beauty box and ended up really liking the way it performed. I would consider repurchasing.
- Scope Juice (MaddScope) – I am always buying this stuff. Its my favorite e-juice.
- ROC Neck Cream – I had this in a project pan. Im glad I finished it because it smelled horrible.
- Mac Prep and Prime – I had his in a project pan. I love using this in cooler months and I would definitely repurchase if I didnt have a bunch of samples to always use.
- Pack of cotton rounds – I use these with my Micellar Water to remove my eye makeup. I have repurchased.
- Alterna Caviar Shampoo and Conditioner – I liked the way these smelled but I saw no difference in my hair. Foil packets dont always give you the best results since you might get two uses out of them.
- Matrix Biolage Recover Shampoo and Conditioner – I really dont have much of an opinion on these except that the shampoo has a better scent than the conditioner.
So those were my empties for the month of March. Im actually impressed at how many samples Ive been able to move out of my collection already this year.
Did you finish any items?
I apologize for not having any posts last week. I caught whatever bug was going around and couldn’t hit the Publish button.
If you havent been following along, here is my original post describing what products I plan on using up this year. MakeUp Use Up 2017
The products I was able to finish were:
- BareMinerals Mineral Veil (deluxe)
- BareMinerals Lash Domination (both samples)
- Powerlash Mascara
- Elf Liquid Liner
- Eyeko Fat Liner
- Eyeko Liner
- Palladio Liner
- Chella Eyebrow pencil in Tantalizing Taupe
The products I decluttered were:
- Beautique Lip Crayon (too frosty on my lips)
- Covergirl Lip Liner in Raisin (dried out)
I have hit pan on Foxy in my Urban Decay Naked basics palette and have moved on to WOS. I am also using Venus as a brow highlight as well as inner corner highlight.
I also have good progress on my LOC shadow stick and the BareMinerals 5 in one cream eyeshadows.
Im pretty pleased with my progress so far, but the rest of the products will be a bit slower to finish than some of the ‘gimmes’ I put into this project. Im hoping to update again the beginning of July.
This year I resolved to completely use up the products in my collection, and that includes the samples Ive been getting in my subscription boxes.
I think I did a great job using up all of the things for the first month!
- Futerer Shampoo & Conditioner – I did not like these. They did not lather enough for my liking and the scent was over-powering.
- Loreal Volume Filler Shampoo – I didnt mind this shampoo, but I didnt see a difference between this and my regular shampoo.
- Covergirl Mascara – This is my second favorite drug store mascara. This ended up drying out on me.
- Ulta Mascara Primer – I dont like using mascara primers. This came in a kit of primers I purchased back in August.
- BareMinerals Lash Domination (2 Deluxe samples) – Its a wetter mascara. I liked using these once the formula dried a bit.
- BareMinerals Mineral Veil – This is my FAVORITE powder to set my foundation.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation (3 samples from Sephora) – I got these samples to try the foundation. I ended up purchasing the full size. (Its a great foundation for oily skin, but it does tend to oxidize about a shade darker)
- Laneige BB Cushion Foundation – I got this in a Target Beauty Box and I disliked it. Even the light shade I was sent was too dark for me and it made me look incredibly oily.
- Garnier Makeup Removing Wipes – They removed my makeup, but I like the Neutrogena brand better.
- Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads – I got these in a Walmart or Target Beauty Box. I did not like these but they did remove my eye makeup. I prefer a cotton pad with micellar water.
- Vasanti Brighten Up Exfoliator – I did enjoy using this cleanser, but I prefer the Clean and Clear exfoliating cleanser more.
- Dr Brandt Microderm Abrasion Cleanser – I did like this but the tube was only half full.
- Marcela Moisturizing Gel – I did like this moisturizer but not enough to replace my current favorite.
- Organic Surge Eye Gel – This did nothing for my undereye area.
- Elemis Marine Cream – This cream was FANTASTIC and the scent was nice even though I do not like or enjoy floral scents. However, this stuff is expensive.
- Dr Lips Miracle Balm – I did not enjoy this and it was difficult to work with.
- Shine On SuperGoop – I did not enjoy this and it wasnt worth working to empty completely.
- Strivectin Neck Cream – Best Neck Cream EVER!
- Ulta Setting Spray – I really like the Ulta brand. It works to keep my makeup in place during the day. I have repurchased.
- Loreal Revitalift Foil Packet – Ive used about 7 of these this year and I dont know why I just dont pass them on.
- Maddscope – I go through 100 mls of this juice a month. LOVE it!
- Deadline – Limeade and Abetting – I really like this juice. This was my first bottle but it won’t be the last. As soon as I finish my 120ml bottle of POH juice, Ill re-order this one.
Time to look at my trash!
After going thru all of my makeup inventory, I noticed some items that just weren’t for me or that I just won’t use up before they’ll expire, so I decided a declutter was in order. These items will be given to my daughter-in-law since I know she loves makeup.
- Clark’s Botanicals Radiance Cream
- Juice Beauty Oil Free Moisturizer (foil packet)
- Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum (foil packet)
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Booster Serum DS
- Ulta Beauty Nude Matte Eyeshadow Primer
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream (foil packet)
- It Cosmetics CC Cream (foil packet )
- CoverGirl TruBlend Foundation (foil packet)
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Age Perfector (75% left)
- Sephora Ultra Shine Lip Gel DS
- Bareminerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss DS
- Miss Jessies Quick Curls (foil packet)
- Pureology Densifying Spray
- Matrix Salt Infused Spray
- Ulta Beauty palette
- Em Cosmetics Tokyo Plums palette
- the Balm Meet Matt Trimony Matt Moskowitz
- Model Co Contour Stick
- Wild Child perfume foil
Here are the goodies!