Its hard to believe that we have almost reach the end of another month.
Ive been keeping myself busy with both small and large projects. We are still cleaning out our storage, but since my significant other is working a full time job and the weather here has been so hot and humid, its been slow going.
Ive been steadily finishing up some of the older items in my collection and really putting a dent into what Ive accumulated in regards to skincare products.
I was able to finish a few items in my projects (which I will be updating shortly). And I colored my hair this month!
This months empties total is $165.47!
How have you been doing? Have you finished anything this month?
Its so hard to believe that its August!
I had a pretty light month for empties but surprisingly finished up 3 eye cream deluxe samples. Unfortunately, the Clinique and Clarins samples were barely filled halfway – so I dont have a huge feeling of accomplishment. I am in the midst of finishing another Clarins eye cream sample that was barely filled, as well. I did not post another update for them because I finished them within a few uses. I wont be adding another eye cream to my project because I think 4 is enough to keep track of!
Despite the packaging, the Curology moisturizer was a cleanser. It was a recent Allure Beauty Box product and I received an email stating there was a mistake of some sort and to see which one I received. Suffice it to say, I received the mislabeled/mispackaged item so I did receive a replacement moisturizer from Curology.
Im almost finished another Ulta lilac lotion (in addition to the one shown here) and only have one more sample after that left. Ill probably be taking a break from it because Im a bit bored with it.
My total for July is $42.48
This is by no means impressive, but considering how many older items Ive used this year, I am still impressed.
Were you able to finish anything?
A couple of posts ago I introduced my Nine by November project. Last night I unexpectedly finished my Caudalie eye cream. Ive been working on it for several months and rolled it into this project.
I will be replacing it with the Clinique Pep Start eye cream as shown in the photo below. It is the oldest eye cream in my collection now that the Caudalie is finished.
After completion of my mostly successful skin care sample project, I wanted to do one that I could carry into the fall.
Since Im still not wearing much makeup, I wanted to continue with using up my skincare. Ive really been concentrating on my skincare since February because my skin has been exceptionally dry. Im usually only able to use these products during the winter and want to take advantage of them while I can and before they expire.
So my next project will be 9 by November. This project caught my attention when I viewed a video from Too Much TashI really liked the premise of another short term project and I wanted to put my own spin on it.
The items listed below are all skincare. I have chosen to put some full size skin care items in this project.
- Cleanser – Simple Hydrating Face Wash
- Toner -Pixi Retinol
- Serum – Vitabrid
- Eye Cream – Caudalie (roll over)
- Facial Oil – Sunday Riley Luna (roll over)
- Day Moisturizer – Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water
- Night Moisturizer – Boscia Cactus Water
- Face Mask – Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water
- Neck Cream – Strivectin
Once I finish these skincare products, all of the skincare products I have are items procured in late 2019-present.
Are you going to be doing a short term project? Will you join this one?
I began my Spring into Summer Skincare Sample Project back in April and updated how things were going last month.
I managed to finish all but two products. However, I did have a total of 14 items if you count that I had multiples of some. And even tho I did not finish everything, I will be counting this project as a success!
I will be starting another skincare project on Tuesday that will run until the beginning of November and I will be rolling these two products into that project.
If you were a part of this project, how did you do?
Will you be joining me on another short term project pan?
Last month I began this skincare project that ends June 21st. Its now May 21st so we are exactly halfway done!
Ive done really good with this project – finishing 8 items in this project, leaving me with these products left –
I am currently halfway finished the Luna oil that is on top. I dont want to rush it because I love this product so much! I also have just a few uses left of the Sunday Riley A+ serum.
Im not fond of the Bobbi Brown balm due to the scent but since we still arent going anywhere, Im the only one who is smelling it! I guess you could say its a good thing we are on ‘lock down’.
This project allowed me to use up a lot of samples that I would usually save until later. Im still not sure whats going on with my skin, but its still incredibly dry, so Im glad Im using these products.
How are you doing with any short term projects youre doing?
I love doing sample skincare project pans because I love to experiment with different skincare products and using up your samples can really inspire you to keep panning.
For some reason my skin has been unusually dry. Even drier than what it is during the winter. So I pulled out the skincare samples I set aside for winter to use up now. Ive tried several of these products before.
Here are the skincare samples Ill be focusing on:
- Clarins Essense
- Clarins Exfoliating Toner
- Sunday Riley Good Genes (2)
- Burts Bees Moisturizing Cream
- Kiehls Glow Formula Skin Hydrator (2)
- Dr Jart Ceramidin Cream
- Bobbi Brown Moisture Balm
- Sunday Riley A+ Serum
- Sunday Riley CEO Serum
- Caudalie eye cream
- Sunday Riley Luna Oil (2)
Im going to run this project thru June 23rd.
Will you be doing any short term seasonal projects?
I cannot believe it is already April! This year is flying by.
I have really been trying to use up all of my old deluxe samples and foil packets that have been accumulating the past couple of years.
This month I was able to finish up a makeup ‘foil’, 2 body wash deluxe sample bottles, a shampoo sample, two face masks, a cleanser and a deodorant sample! I also finished off three perfume samples – one was even put in a recent project!
This months empties total is $112.99!
What did you finish up last month? Did you recently use up a difficult product?
For 2019 I will be doing my Empties posts a little different than in the past. I will be including a photo of the empties but I will not be listing every product. Instead, I will be posting the estimated cost of my empties and talking about the standout products Ive used.
I did not finish a lot of items in November, and I slacked off on posting the last couple of months, so I decided to combine November and December’s empties.
Did you finish anything last year?
I can hardly believe its already June! And, as always, Im sharing all of the products I finished up in May. I feel like I finished up alot of things in comparison to prior months.
- Cotton Rounds – I get these from my local dollar store. I usually get 2 or 3 packs at a time.
- Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Soap – I love this cleanser. I purchased this after trying a deluxe sample. I purchased two from Ulta because they had a special double points offer.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray – This item was in my project pan. I bought this to try out after hearing everyone online love it. Unfortunately Im not a fan of the scent. I did purchase another facial spray, but its the lavender variation.
- Sephora Micellar Water (Charcoal) – I got this from the sale section on Sephoras site. I do have two other bottles, but one is coconut and another is a lemon (I think). I did like it but the charcoal was a bit intense.
- Clarins Lotion – I used this as a hand lotion and enjoyed it, but after seeing how expensive it is, I won’t be repurchasing.
- Caudalie Resveratrol Moisturizer – I had this in my latest project pan. I received this in a Sephora Play box. I didnt see any improvement in my skin. I won’t repurchase.
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer – I love this. I have not purchased a full size because Im still working thru lotions I have in my collection. Im glad I finished this because it was in my latest project pan.
- Algenist Genius Liquid Collagen – This stuff was INCREDIBLE! I have another sample to use. I want to purchase but its pretty expensive.
- Algenist Sleeping Pack – This was the best night moisturizer Ive ever used. It is currently in my wish list.
- Ban deodorant – Two words-HATED it! Wont repurchase but I did use it up. Thank goodness I stopped getting Target Beauty Boxes.
- Skin Inc Exfoliator – I got this in a Sephora Play Box and did not like it at all. Personally, I think this is a gimmick.
- Hydra-C Eye Cream – I did like this, but I won’t be purchasing because I have one full size BareMinerals eye cream and a couple other samples to work thru.
- Korres Foaming Cream Cleanser – I did not like this cleanser and do not think its worth the price.
- Sunday Riley Good Genes – These two samples make me really like this product. I think the one I received in my Sephora Play (and recently finished) might have been old. The smell and consistency of these two foil packets was different from the tube. I purchased the Clay Cleanser and Good Genes pack from Sephora and have already started using it.
- Boscia Black Cleanser – I really like this cleanser and have purchased a full size.
- Essense Make me Brow – I liked this. It controls the unruly brows while adding some fullness. Ive already repurchased.
- Holly Berry Eyebrow Serum – I started using this but forgot about it and its expired now. I would not repurchase because I did not see any difference in brow growth.
- Marc Jacobs Mascara – This was one of the products in my project pan. The brush was too big on my lashes and I thought the formula was too wet and heavy for me. I can see why others like it, but its not for me.
- Marcelle Mascara – This was another item that was in my project pan. The wand on this was interesting and I liked the formula. I would repurchase but I have alot of mascaras to work thru first.
- Stila Stay all Day Eyeliner – I really did like this and it seemed to last awhile before finally drying out. Its something I might repurchase in the future.
- Bumble and Bumble Hair Oil – I got this as a sample from Sephora but the packaging on this made the product hard to work with without making a mess. I have a deluze sample from a 250 or 500 point perk that I will try.
- Dr Jart Water Drop Moisturizer – This was another sample I asked for in Sephora. I did not like this moisturizer at all, and am decluttering it.
- Ulta Bronzer – This bronzer is my of my oldest products and it crumbles every time I opened the palette I had it in. Decluttering. I would purchase another bronzer from Ulta in the future.
- Ulta Blush – This blush is my of my oldest products and it crumbles every time I opened the palette I had it in. Decluttering. I would purchase another blush from Ulta in the future.
- Palladio Eyeshadow Palette – This is another old makeup item that I am decluttering. I recently tried using it and it was difficult to work with and have show up. I would purchase another palette from Palladio. I get Palladio makeup from Sallys.
- Deadline Limeaid and Abetting – I love this juice but have not repurchased due to trying other juices.
- Fuzion Vapor Poison Apple – I bought this for my 5 year vape-a-versary because it was a juice I vaped back in 2013. Its still as good as I remember.
- TMaxx Lemon Creme Filled Doughnut – I liked this more than I thought I would. It needs to steep about a month for best flavor.
- TMaxx Vanilla Mint Candy – This tastes like tic tacs. So good. I bought a 100 ml bottle!
- TMaxx Vanilla Creme Filled Doughnut – I liked this more than the lemon version which surprised me. I havent repurchased yet, but I plan on getting it soon!
- Not Too Shabby Like a Sir – This juice is incredibly good! Its a coil gunker. I will repurchase!
- Scope MaddScope – Saving the best for last! I have repurchased. I dont even like real iced oatmeal cookies!
What did you finish up last month?