EDIT: This post was sitting in my drafts instead of being posted last week. Because of this ‘snafu’ I will be adding the post that would have been posted today on Thursday.
I decided that I really have to get down and finish some of my older items in my collection. The best way is to put these products into a project.
The 10 items I have chosen to finish are:
- Urban Decay Naked Basics (Foxy) – I use this to set my eyeshadow primer. Ive actually repressed this.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics (WOS) – I also use this to set my eyeshadow primer.
- Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Perfecting Primer – I LOVE this primer. I just purchased a full size in the Ulta sale, so I need to finish this one up. Its also my oldest primer I have.
- Make Up Forever Step 1 Primer – I received this in a Sephora play box awhile ago. I do like this primer, but not enough to get a full size.
- Make Up Forever Ultra HD Foundation – I received this sample in a Sephora Play and it matches me pretty well in the summer. I dont really tan, but my face does go up a shade. I might have a handful of applications left.
- It Cosmetics CC+ – This stuff is magic. It matches me perfectly. I might have a few uses left, and once I get thru my other foundations, I would consider purchasing this and I dont even wear full coverage foundations!
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick (Rose Gold) – I received this in a Sephora Play and love it. Id like to finish this and a few other sticks before purchasing another.
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon – This is a GREAT eyeliner. It does NOT budge in my waterline. I really want others in this line, but I have a ton of eyeliners to finish first.
- Essense Make Me Brow – I love this and it fits into almost any budget! I have a few other brow gels to get thru, but this is one of the staples in my collection.
- Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter and Glow Shadow (Kitten Karma) – I became a fan of glitter because of this! I have purchased others in this line and would definitely get another one of this shade when I finish it. There isnt a lot left in this small sample so it should be simple to finish.
Are you doing a Project 10 Pan? What will you be trying to finish?
Many apologies for my absence but there was a death in the family and I felt the need to take a break.
With that out of the way, here are my June empties.
- Assured Cotton Rounds – I use these all the time. I get these from my dollar store and I already have back ups.
- OPI Avojuice (sweet lemon sage) lotion – I LOVE this stuff. It smells fantastic and really sinks into the skin. Im already almost done another bottle.
- Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub – I alternate between the Coconut Lime and regular shea. I love this stuff because its not to rough but also rough enough to exfoliate.
- Garnier Whole Blends shampoo and Conditioner – I get these samples all the time. I really do not like these and would not purchase.
- Becca First Light primer (purple side) – I only used the first light because I dont need the extra glow with my oily skin. I did like this and have several samples of these.
- Claritin Ready Tabs – I take these for my allergies. I already have another box because August (rag weed and trees).
- Aurora eyeliner – I got this in a Birchbox or Ipsy and had this in a project pan. It was a decent enough eyeliner but I wouldnt go out of my way to buy it.
- Makeup Forever eyeliner – I really like these eyeliners. They are one of my favorite formulas. I would repurchase if I didnt have all the liners I already have on hand.
- Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream – I do like this eye cream but Ive found several others that I like more. Would not repurchase.
- Essense Make Me Brow – I really like this formula. Its similar to the Benefit one for a fraction of the cost. I have repurchased.
- Loreal Pure Clay cleanser – I got this sample from Ulta IIRC and found it to be a nice dupe for the Glam Glow brand. I purchased the full size after trying this.
- Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb – I received this perfume sample in a Sephora Play and really liked it. I would repurchase once I finish off some perfumes I have in my collection.
- Makeup Forever Velvet Mat Foundation sample – I liked this foundation and would purchase in the winter when my skin isnt as oily as it is now.
- Marc Jacobs remarkable foundation sample – This color matched me ok. Ive tried other shades that didnt work as well. I would purchase.
- Tarte concealer – I accidentally thought this was a foundation sample but it worked great. I ended up getting a foundation sample from Sephora to try out of the Amazonian Clay foundation.
- Clinique gel moisturizer – I LOVE this moisturizer. I have some samples to get thru but its almost always in my rotation.
- 2 Mac Next to Nothing foundation samples – I really like this foundation but I prefer the powder.
- Sephora scrub – I use these when I take off face masks. I tend to go thru them every 6 months. I have repurchased.
- T-Maxx No Frills Vanilla bourbon Custard – I really liked this juice and have purchased it in a 120 ml bottle.
- This bottle came from Twisted 420s line but I cant remember the flavor. I would not repurchase.
- Lemon Twist Pink Punch Lemonade – I did like it and have repurchased another 60 ml bottle.
Did you finish anything up?
I can hardly believe its already June! And, as always, Im sharing all of the products I finished up in May. I feel like I finished up alot of things in comparison to prior months.
- Cotton Rounds – I get these from my local dollar store. I usually get 2 or 3 packs at a time.
- Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Soap – I love this cleanser. I purchased this after trying a deluxe sample. I purchased two from Ulta because they had a special double points offer.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray – This item was in my project pan. I bought this to try out after hearing everyone online love it. Unfortunately Im not a fan of the scent. I did purchase another facial spray, but its the lavender variation.
- Sephora Micellar Water (Charcoal) – I got this from the sale section on Sephoras site. I do have two other bottles, but one is coconut and another is a lemon (I think). I did like it but the charcoal was a bit intense.
- Clarins Lotion – I used this as a hand lotion and enjoyed it, but after seeing how expensive it is, I won’t be repurchasing.
- Caudalie Resveratrol Moisturizer – I had this in my latest project pan. I received this in a Sephora Play box. I didnt see any improvement in my skin. I won’t repurchase.
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer – I love this. I have not purchased a full size because Im still working thru lotions I have in my collection. Im glad I finished this because it was in my latest project pan.
- Algenist Genius Liquid Collagen – This stuff was INCREDIBLE! I have another sample to use. I want to purchase but its pretty expensive.
- Algenist Sleeping Pack – This was the best night moisturizer Ive ever used. It is currently in my wish list.
- Ban deodorant – Two words-HATED it! Wont repurchase but I did use it up. Thank goodness I stopped getting Target Beauty Boxes.
- Skin Inc Exfoliator – I got this in a Sephora Play Box and did not like it at all. Personally, I think this is a gimmick.
- Hydra-C Eye Cream – I did like this, but I won’t be purchasing because I have one full size BareMinerals eye cream and a couple other samples to work thru.
- Korres Foaming Cream Cleanser – I did not like this cleanser and do not think its worth the price.
- Sunday Riley Good Genes – These two samples make me really like this product. I think the one I received in my Sephora Play (and recently finished) might have been old. The smell and consistency of these two foil packets was different from the tube. I purchased the Clay Cleanser and Good Genes pack from Sephora and have already started using it.
- Boscia Black Cleanser – I really like this cleanser and have purchased a full size.
- Essense Make me Brow – I liked this. It controls the unruly brows while adding some fullness. Ive already repurchased.
- Holly Berry Eyebrow Serum – I started using this but forgot about it and its expired now. I would not repurchase because I did not see any difference in brow growth.
- Marc Jacobs Mascara – This was one of the products in my project pan. The brush was too big on my lashes and I thought the formula was too wet and heavy for me. I can see why others like it, but its not for me.
- Marcelle Mascara – This was another item that was in my project pan. The wand on this was interesting and I liked the formula. I would repurchase but I have alot of mascaras to work thru first.
- Stila Stay all Day Eyeliner – I really did like this and it seemed to last awhile before finally drying out. Its something I might repurchase in the future.
- Bumble and Bumble Hair Oil – I got this as a sample from Sephora but the packaging on this made the product hard to work with without making a mess. I have a deluze sample from a 250 or 500 point perk that I will try.
- Dr Jart Water Drop Moisturizer – This was another sample I asked for in Sephora. I did not like this moisturizer at all, and am decluttering it.
- Ulta Bronzer – This bronzer is my of my oldest products and it crumbles every time I opened the palette I had it in. Decluttering. I would purchase another bronzer from Ulta in the future.
- Ulta Blush – This blush is my of my oldest products and it crumbles every time I opened the palette I had it in. Decluttering. I would purchase another blush from Ulta in the future.
- Palladio Eyeshadow Palette – This is another old makeup item that I am decluttering. I recently tried using it and it was difficult to work with and have show up. I would purchase another palette from Palladio. I get Palladio makeup from Sallys.
- Deadline Limeaid and Abetting – I love this juice but have not repurchased due to trying other juices.
- Fuzion Vapor Poison Apple – I bought this for my 5 year vape-a-versary because it was a juice I vaped back in 2013. Its still as good as I remember.
- TMaxx Lemon Creme Filled Doughnut – I liked this more than I thought I would. It needs to steep about a month for best flavor.
- TMaxx Vanilla Mint Candy – This tastes like tic tacs. So good. I bought a 100 ml bottle!
- TMaxx Vanilla Creme Filled Doughnut – I liked this more than the lemon version which surprised me. I havent repurchased yet, but I plan on getting it soon!
- Not Too Shabby Like a Sir – This juice is incredibly good! Its a coil gunker. I will repurchase!
- Scope MaddScope – Saving the best for last! I have repurchased. I dont even like real iced oatmeal cookies!
What did you finish up last month?
Here are the products I have emptied in the month of December:
- Ion shampoo – I use this to wash my hair only when Im using a semi-permanent dye. I have two backups left but I would repurchase if it still performs after those bottles are empty.
- Cotton pads – I use these to remove makeup and for toner. I believe I still have one or two more packs but I would repurchase. I get these at the dollar store so they are a great value.
- Purlisse charcoal face mask – I got this in a subscription box and usually do not like sheet masks, but this one was great!
- Fresh clay mask – I was not impressed by this especially after seeing it hyped on youtube. I believe I might have a deluxe sample in my skin care drawer tho, but I would not purchase.
- Loreal Hydrafresh Toner – I love this stuff. It takes forever to go thru and its so inexpensive, so its a great value. I would repurchase but I have to get thru a Clinique toner first.
- Shea Moisture shampoo and conditioner – I HATED this and ended up dumping out the conditioner because it did nothing for my hair. Would not purchase.
- Degree deodorant – This is my deodorant of choice and I have already repurchased.
- Garnier micellar water – I love this stuff. I have some eye makeup removers and Sephora micellar waters to finish but I would repurchase once Ive finished those.
- Origins eye cream – I did not like this. I think it caused me to get little bumps under my eyes.
- Makeup Forever serum – I got this in a Sephora play box. I put it in an Advent panning project. I wasnt impressed but the sample only lasted a handful of applications.
- Strivectin eye cream – I did like this while I was using it, but I wouldnt repurchase due to how expensive it is.
- Michael Todd Beauty toner – I did not like this. Would not purchase.
- Origins night cream – I did not like this. Would not purchase.
- Korres yogurt moisturizer – This sample only lasted a week but I was not impressed. Would not purchase.
- Sephora moisturizer – I really like this. Ive received a few foils packs and have enjoyed. I would purchase but I have a drawer full of moisturizers to use up.
- GlamGlow supermud mask – I LOVE these and would purchase if they weren’t so expensive. I have a drawer full of skin care to use before I can think of purchasing more of these.
- SeaBreeze astringent – I LOVE this stuff. I know its horrible for the skin but Ive used this for years. I have a liter bottle that I just refill this container with.
- Lush Volcano foot mask – This was a sample and I did purchase a full size thats pictured here also. I would repurchase because it made my feet feel so good!
- Real Chemistry skin peel – I did not like this. The scent was off putting as well.
- Purity cleanser – I did like this but not enough to purchase over any other cleanser.
- Origins Checks and Balances – LOVE this cleanser! I have a travel size in my backups.
- Ipsy points reward – this was a brush cleaner, but it was so small that I could only fit my eye brushes. Would not purchase based on this ‘sample’
- BareMinerals Lash Domination liquid eyeliner – I really liked this liquid liner and would repurchase once I finish the other liners I have in my backups.
- Essense lash princess mascara – I like both of the Essense mascaras and would repurchase, but I have so many backup mascaras to use up first.
- Hempzilla CBD gummies – I got these when I purchased my CBD extract. Ive been trying to find some relief from FM and SLE symptoms and wanted to see for myself if they worked.
- Dolce & Golbanna light blue perfume sample – LOVE this perfume. Received this sample in a sample bundle from Ulta. I already have a rollerball.
- Delectable body lotion – I did not like this for my body, and used it as a hand lotion instead. It was okay as a hand lotion. Would not go out of my way to purchase tho.
- Scope MaddScope and Deadline Limeaid and Abetting – My two favorite e-juices. No empties would be complete without it.
- Tree Hut scrubs in Shea and Coconut Lime – I use one of these a month. LOVE them and have backups of both.
Did you use up anything in December?
Since its the beginning of December, its time to go thru some of my ‘trash’ again. Here are the items Ive finished up in November:
- Neutrogena wipes – These are my favorite makeup wipes. This is my last pack so Ill have to purchase soon.
- Ponds wipes – These were ok. They removed my makeup fabulously, but they made my face feel oily.
- Freeman masks – I dont like the packaging on these, and Im fairly certain the full size comes in a tube. I did like how they left my skin feeling.
- Patchology eye masks – I got these in a subscription box and did not like them. Would not recommend.
- Hask shampoo and conditioner – I really liked this shampoo and conditioner. It made my hair feel nice and the scent was great.
- Bareminerals Skinlongevity Serum – My holy grail serum! I have repurchased.
- Lush Volcano foot mask – This was a sample and after one use, I purchased a full size. I forgot I had these. This stuff is messy but my feet feel great after.
- Glamglow moisturizer – I loved the consistency of this moisturizer, but my skin is far too oily to use this year round.
- Glamglow supermud mask – My favorite mask! I love how this smells and it seems to correct my oiliness for a day or so.
- Dior Diorshow mascara – I liked the formula of this mascara, but the scent was too overpowering.
- Curel Hydratherapy moisturizer – I like the Jergens better. This seemed to have a really unpleasant scent.
- It’s a 10 leave in conditioner – My favorite conditioner! This makes my hair smell great too.
- Bareminerals powder foundation – I love bareminerals powder foundations! This was just a sample size.
- -417 hand moisturizer – I really liked this for my hands. It sunk it and even lasted thru hand-washing.
- Coola setting spray – This made my makeup last but it smelled like straight sunscreen.
- Essence Lash Princess mascara – This is a great mascara but I like the pink one better.
- Bareminerals clay chameleon cleanser – I liked this cleanser but Id rather just keep the clay in face masks.
- Clarispray – I got this from influenster or pinchme for review. Loved it so much Im still using it. If you have nasal allergies, you should try it!
- Claritin ready-tabs – Thank goodness the weather is finally cooling off so I dont have to take allergy meds.
- Deadline limeade and abetting – Yep, another huge bottle gone 🙂
- Scopejuice Maddscope – My absolute favorite e-juice. I have to slow down since my supply is limited at the moment tho, but I will absolutely repurchase!
Did you finish anything this month?
With the completion of Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty, I thought I would share with you the items I purchased, as well as share items I purchased from an Ulta Grand Opening in my area.
I really only ‘needed’ the Anastasia Brow Wiz and thats the only item I picked up from the sale, but I did get some items I had been waiting to buy.
The Brow Wiz was on sale for $9.50 which is a HUGE deal, so I picked up two. The Clinique trio was on sale for $9.75 ($10 off) so I got that as well. I love that gel moisturizer. I was in need of two new nail files (I use one for my toes and the other for my finger nails) and the Dionis hand cream is my favorite and it was 2 for $4.99 and they are regularly $3.49 each. The Essense mascaras were buy 1 get one half off, and I had been wanting to try them for awhile so I got those too!
I also qualified for this sample bag since my order was above a certain amount.
As you can see, it was filled with LOTS of goodies!
And then this weekend, we had a local Ulta Grand Opening. Unfortunately we didnt get there early enough to be one of the first one hundred customers (We were like 120th) but I did pick up a couple things Ive had my eye on.
Someone sent me an email to tell me that Clean & Clear still made the Morning Burst cleaner so I was able to get that. We will see if it lives up to the one Im currently finishing up. I also got the full size of the Mario Badescu seaweed cleansing soap. I really enjoyed the sample I used up in my project pan. I pulled the trigger on a lotion/body mist combo that someone had told me was fantastic, plus Ulta was buy 1 get one half off. I also saw this really cute Z-Palette that was a collab between Z-Palette and Ulta and its PINK! Its been out of stock online, but I saw it in store and had to pick it up.
Did you pick up anything during the 21 Days of Beauty Sale?