Im posting this a day early because I don’t think Ill be around my computer during the day on Thursday.
Back in February, I posted a declutter, so this may come as a surprise that Im doing another one. I spent the last few days going over my inventory and really cleaning and organizing my collection and found that there were products that really needed to go.
The total for the following items Im decluttering is $49.99! My total for the year to date decluttered is $137.99! That total astounds me and its one of the many reasons Im on a low-buy/no buy this year.
- 2 shadows from a Palladio quad that Im certain was part of one of my first projects posted on my blog. These two shadows keep cracking and its an old quad, so they are gone.
- An Ulta highlighter I received in a kit that Ive never used.
- Metallist Liquid Foil & Glitter Duo from a Sephora Play box I never used. I opened it and its completely dried up.
- A tarte lip paint that was a birthday gift or in a Sephora Play that looks horrible on me. The formula is a bit thick also, so it may be expired.
- 4 Sephora lip stains that I bought as a set that look horrible on me.
- An Urban Decay Afterglow highlighter (Sin) from an Ipsy bag that Ive never used that has to be expired by now.
- Elf Lipstick (Ravishing Rose) that is broken beyond repair.
- A Femme Couture lipstick (Classic Caramel) that was in my first project pan that I lost after using half of it. Im tossing because its old and I have no idea if exposure to the elements may have screwed it up.
- Elf brow that was labeled a dark brown but its actually black and unusable to me. For some reason I threw it back into my collection instead of tossing it then and there.
- This Ulta Mattifying Balm was awesome and I panned almost half of it, but I left it open and now there’s fuzz all over it and that’s gross.
Have you decluttered anything recently?
If you have been reading my blog, you will know that I did a 1,000 item declutter last year. I only made it to 800 items last year, but I started in spring so I fell short of that goal. I wanted to declutter more this year, so I began at the start of the year.
I won’t be itemizing everything I decluttered because that would take too long.
Ive decluttered 220 items this quarter!
This includes: magazines, old vape stuff, empty makeup packaging and a few makeup brushes and sponges.
Ive sold makeup bags, skincare that does not suit my skin type, makeup Ive purchased and never used, a pair of Coach slip on shoes, and old wallets and purses.
I think I did great getting rid of items that haven’t been used.
Are you doing a declutter this year? Do you declutter seasonally or do you get rid of things here and there during the year?
While going thru my collection and starting to plan for products to use in future projects, I found some products that have expired or that I no longer could work with.
The total for the following products I am decluttering is $88.00 Some of these items I purchased on sale, but cannot remember how much I paid so I just did a quick google search for the cost.
- Perricone MD Eye Lift – I received this item from Influenster and absolutely HATED it. The pump broke about 5 uses in, so I depotted it into an empty jar I had. I tried making this eye cream work, but it just was not something that worked for me.
- Olay Fresh Effects Mattifier – I loved this product and purchased this bottle when I found out it was discontinued. Unfortunately, I did not use it in time so its just a mess to use now.
- Sephora LashCraft Big Volume mascara – I used this about a month but when I was doing my makeup, I dropped the wand and it rolled all over the floor under my desk. I did enjoy using it and will consider purchasing it in the future.
- Elf Lip Exfoliator – I love this product and purchased two when it was on sale, but unfortunately this has expired.
Have you decluttered anything lately?
Sorry for the break in posting, but we recently welcomed our fourth grandson into our family!
I wanted to fill you in on my progress of some of the projects I have had going on….
For my 2018 1,000 items declutter (that I last updated on last August) I was able to declutter 801 items. I believe I would have been able to declutter 1,000 items had I begun at the start of the year, so I have decided to do another 1,000 item declutter in 2019. I have started to declutter and will update quarterly. These may be stand-alone posts or may be included in monthly empties posts.
For my Project 10 Pan, I have finished 4 products and will be picking 4 more products to add into the project.
- Elf tone correcting powder (cool) – You can see I have hit pan on this powder, as well as depotted it)
- Colour Pop Super Shock Shadow (KathleenLights) – I have hit pan on this shadow, and do not believe it will take that long to finish this.
- Elf brow wax (its on the left on the photo below) -I have also hit pan on this wax. I do not use the brow powder because it doesn’t match my brow hair.
- Sephora Lashcraft Big Volume Mascara – I just opened this deluxe sample that I received in a Sephora Play box.
I have also decided to make the Project 10 Pan into a rolling project pan, in order to finish as many products as possible this year.
Do you have any long term makeup or skin care plans for 2019?
Some of you may have read that I began a declutter project back in May. And while Im not going to itemize everything Ive decluttered as of today, I will give you a general idea of the type of items I have thrown away, sold, or gave away.
Im about halfway thru this project (not taking into account the digital declutter) and have gotten rid of 435 items!
Some of these items have been:
- Old magazines
- Old perfumes
- Broken items
- Chargers for items I do not have
- Old business cards
- Old pillow
- Laptop remote
- Old address books
- Broken stapler
- Empty makeup/skin care products
- Broken earbuds
- Torn up towels
- Movie ticket stubs
- DS games
- Vape gear I no longer use
- Deluxe size makeup I never used/opened
Its amazing how quickly it adds up!
Have you joined this project?
Recently one of the youtube channels I follow started a declutter challenge/project. She had recently moved and needed to get organized. There are several channels doing this tag, and I decided that Id like to join in!
The parameters Im setting for myself are as follows:
- This will not include obvious trash.
- I will be including a 100 item digital project.
- I am including items I have for sale on sites like Poshmark, Mercari, etc.
- There will be a 30 item minimum each week.
- Items from my Empties each month will be included.
I will not be itemizing each item, but will give brief descriptions as I get rid of items. I hope to reach 1,000 by the end of the year – which, averages out to 120 items to get rid of each month.
I hope those who read this, will join in with me on this challenge. Remember to recycle or donate what you can!
Since Ive accumulated some items since I decluttered earlier this year, I decided that I need to do it again.
- BareMinerals Serum and eye cream foil packet samples – I already have a full size of the Skinlongevity serum and I am working thru some eye creams now so I didnt need this sample card.
- Loreal Revitalift serum and cream – Ive tried a few samples of this before and did not like the product.
- Belif mask – I already have masks I like so I decided to pass this sample on.
- Versace Dylan Blue – This scent is not one I like.
- Sum Bum self tanning towelette – I do not tan. I would never keep up with it and Im so fair skinned, that these products make me look odd.
- Oil of Olay sculpting cream – Im not sure what this is, but I dont particularly like Oil of Olay products.
- Smashbox primer – I have a travel size of this, so the foil packet is unnecessary.
- Tom Ford Neroli Portofino – I did not like this scent.
- Novex curl shampoo – I have super straight fine hair so I am giving it to my daughter in law because she has naturally curly hair.
- Loreal Revitalift moisterizer – I do not like this line of products.
- it Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye – This sample is too dark for me to use.
- BareMinerals Skinlongevity Serum deluxe sample – I already have the full size.
- BareMinerals brush – I ordered one to gift to my daughter in law.
- Ulta lip gloss – I dont use lip gloss.
- it Cosmetics CC cream – This sample is too dark for me to use.
- Dr Jart Ceradmidin cream – My skin is much to oily to use a cream this heavy.
- Lancome Eyeliner – I have enough eyeliner to last me three lifetimes.
- Mark loose eyeshadow – I am decluttering alot of my single shadows.
- Smashbox trio – These are shades I will never use.
- Ven Effect – I will never use this.
- Olay X micro peel – I dont like Olay products.
- Balance Me Under eye cream – This product is tinted and is far too dark for me to use under my eyes.
- Purple lip balm – I dont remember this brand (got it in an Ipsy) but I dont wear purple.
- Shiseido sunscreen lotion – I already have a sunscreen I wear.
- BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lipstick – I dont usually wear lipstick and this shade is much too red for me.
By the time of posting, these items have already been given to my daughter in law. She was really excited to try these items out.