Some of you may have read that I began a declutter project back in May. And while Im not going to itemize everything Ive decluttered as of today, I will give you a general idea of the type of items I have thrown away, sold, or gave away.
Im about halfway thru this project (not taking into account the digital declutter) and have gotten rid of 435 items!
Some of these items have been:
- Old magazines
- Old perfumes
- Broken items
- Chargers for items I do not have
- Old business cards
- Old pillow
- Laptop remote
- Old address books
- Broken stapler
- Empty makeup/skin care products
- Broken earbuds
- Torn up towels
- Movie ticket stubs
- DS games
- Vape gear I no longer use
- Deluxe size makeup I never used/opened
Its amazing how quickly it adds up!
Have you joined this project?
Ive been seeing this tag going around on youtube and decided it was time to start another project myself. As usual, Im focusing on my samples of skin care. Im also combining foil samples with my deluxe samples in this one.
Here are the items Im going to be working on:
- Origins Ginzing Moisturizer – Ive tried this in the past and liked it. This sample should be done after 2 uses.
- L’Occitane Gel – I have never tried this, but got these when I got my Advent box.
- Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil – Ive only ever used this in foil samples so I know I dont hate it.
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. Serum – Ive never tried this, and Im hoping these two foil samples are enough to form an opinion.
- Philosophy Purity Pore Extractor – I love a good exfoliator 🙂 Im hoping I love this.
- Amore Pacific Moisturizer – Ill be using this as my day moisturizer.
- L’Occitane Creme – I received this sample at the same time as my others. I have not tried this product, and Ill be saving this moisturizer for last because I just found a few larger samples of this as Im writing this post.
- Mario Badescu Night Cream – This is the moisturizer Ill be using at night. Its the oldest deluxe sample I have. I generally like the Mario Badescu items Ive tried (and Ive repurchased his facial cleansers many times), so I have high hopes for this item.
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. Moisterizer – Ill be using this in conjunction with the serum samples for its full benefits. So far, Ive liked most of the Sunday Riley line Ive used.
- Kate Somerville Exfolikate – I have a couple foil packets and deluxe sample of this. I have not tried it, but many people with similar oily skin as I have, have raved about this.
- SK-II Essense – Ive never taken Essences seriously because I already use a toner that I love. And this one better perform miracles considering the high cost.
- Olay Whip Moisturizer – I usually do not like Olay products because they tend to feel heavy on my skin, so I have high hopes for something containing whip in the name.
- L’Occitane Eye Cream – I got this sample with the others and need to use it up.
I hope you will be using up your items along with us!
Its been a difficult summer, and its been difficult to finish products.
Here are the items I did manage to finish:
- Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Cream – I love this stuff. It smells fabulous and has a light shimmer. I did repurchase.
- Baby wipes – I use these to wipe my handbags down. I always have backups.
- Shisheido cotton pads – I get these as a ‘treat’ for my toner, but I mainly use these as my wicks for vaping.
- 5 ml Nitrile disposable gloves – I use these when I color my hair. I have gloves but not this brand. I would repurchase these tho. (They are from Harbor Freight)
- Skin & Co cleansing cream – I did not like this cleanser. I would not repurchase.
- Pharmacy Honey Drop Moisturizer – I did not like this moisturizer and would not repurchase.
- Sephora brush cleaner – I like using this. It does clean my brushes, and is relatively inexpensive. I already have backups.
- Loreal Hydrafresh Toner – I really like this toner, and every now and then I try another brand and compare it to this. I have repurchased.
- Degree deodorant – I use this brand because it works. I have repurchased.
- ‘Tinkle’ eyebrow tweezers – I have 6 more of these to use. They are ok and would not repurchase.
- Clinique facial cleanser – I really have no opinion on this cleanser. I get them in kits when I buy the Clinique moisturizer I like. I have another that Im working on currently but would not go out of my way to purchase.
- Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip – Ive gone from not liking this cleaner to liking it. I have another that came in a kit with Good Genes.
- Sephora face mask – I love these. They claim its good for 4 uses, but I get alot more. I have a bunch of different types of these to use, but I would repurchase.
- Savage Juice – I cant remember the exact flavor name but I did like this. It was a raspberry lime juice and I would repurchase.
- Vaping Watch Monkey Spunk – I really liked this juice and would repurchase.
Did you finish anything last month?