If you have been reading my blog, you will know that I did a 1,000 item declutter last year. I only made it to 800 items last year, but I started in spring so I fell short of that goal. I wanted to declutter more this year, so I began at the start of the year.
I won’t be itemizing everything I decluttered because that would take too long.
Ive decluttered 220 items this quarter!
This includes: magazines, old vape stuff, empty makeup packaging and a few makeup brushes and sponges.
Ive sold makeup bags, skincare that does not suit my skin type, makeup Ive purchased and never used, a pair of Coach slip on shoes, and old wallets and purses.
I think I did great getting rid of items that haven’t been used.
Are you doing a declutter this year? Do you declutter seasonally or do you get rid of things here and there during the year?
I guess I should start out by just saying – I broke the no buy/low buy. Im going to flatly state that I could not pass up a great deal.
As you might know, Ulta does “21 Days of Beauty” a couple times a year, and there are some fantastic deals in that sale. And, even though there were multiple items I wanted in that sale, I decided to pass them up for one of their ‘Hot Buys”.
As you can see by the photo below, I decided to pick up the Tarte Maracuja Oil because it was $28. Its normally $48 and I really couldn’t pass the deal up. I would be picking this product up in a couple of months, so its best to get it almost half off if I could.
I wanted to try out the Almay Velvet Cream Shadows and they were buy one, get one half off, (One was $7.99 and the other was $4.00) so I got the two pictured below.
I also needed to purchase the Ulta shadow in Petite. I use this to set my eye primer and I have a decent dip in the one Im using and it was $4.00 (its usually $8.00).
My total came to $43.99. I used an Ulta coupon for $3.50 off and used $6.00 in points bringing my order to $42.51 with taxes and shipping.
After looking thru what I spent last year at this time, I can say that I am definitely spending less this year.
I am planning to purchase some things around June (my birthday month) but other than that, I think Im going to do considerably better on spending this year!
Are you doing a No buy / Low buy? Have you stuck to it?
As you may know (if you read my blog regularly) I have been doing a rolling project pan that will go on all year. However, I love participating in seasonal projects as well. I was recently watching a video from Jacks Lorraine and was inspired to do my own take on her project/themes.
I will be starting this project on March 20th and running until June 21st. (First day of Spring until the first day of Summer). I know I won’t finish some of the products Ive chosen, but Id like to get some use out of them.
- Oldest: Mac Studio Fix powder foundation (NC15) – This is my oldest foundation. As you can see, I do have a dip and Id like to hit pan.
- Challenging: Mac Let’s Skate paint pot – Paint Pots are a challenge. Even painterly can take about 2 years to finish, and that’s with using it everyday. There is a dip in this product, and I would just like to see some progress.
- Seasonal: Becca First Light Priming Filter – This is a deluxe sample that I received in a Sephora play. I should be able to finish this by summer.
- Neglected: BareMinerals Correcting Concealer (Light 1) – I have almost half of this finished and would really like to have it done this year, so if I don’t finish it by June, I may roll this into my year round project.
- Easy: Makeup Forever Matte Velvet Skin Foundation (Y205) – This is also a deluxe sample from a Sephora Play box. I should not have any issue finishing this. This is one of the lightest shades Ive ever tried but Im actually this pale during winter, so it shouldn’t be a problem using.
I also wanted to throw in some perfume samples Ive accumulated. If you look at my recent empties posts, you will see that I am regularly using them up. I still have quite the perfume sample collection and really want to use them up.
- Chanel – Gabrielle
- Tokyo Milk – Awaken Within
- Philosophy – Amazing Grace
- Emporio Armani – Because It’s You
Are you doing any seasonal projects? Would you like to join in on this one? If so, make sure to tag me in your posts!
Spoiler alert: I just finished my Laura Mercier caviar stick I had in this project yesterday! So I need to add some products into my project pan.
Old items still to work on are:
- IT Cosmetics CC Foundation
- Stila Kitten Karma
- Marc Jacobs Eyeliner
- Elf tone powder
- ColourPop KathleenLights SS
- Elf Brow Wax
I am adding in:
- Tarte Mascara
- Ulta Eye Primer
- Mac Oil Control Lotion
- Sephora Lip Balm
I am making progress on several of these items and I am so excited to be using them!
Are you doing a rolling project pan? What products are in yours?
As you can see by the photo, I did not finish a lot of products, but I did finish up some staples. I was able to finish one of my favorite shampoos (Ion brand) as well as a now discontinued conditioner. Im actually working my way thru some deluxe samples before I open a full size shampoo and conditioner, and you can see a shampoo sample from L’Occitane as well as two body washes (I actually liked the Aveeno body wash so much that I have already purchased a full size).
My grand total for the month of February is $168.66
I wanted to put a spotlight on the Nutrition Now MultiVites gummies. I received these for free for review but liked them so much that I purchased them. Surprisingly, these were only $12 on Vitacost’s website.
Did you finish up anything last month? Are you keeping track of the cost?