Ive recently had some changes occur in all of my projects and wanted to document them.
2020 Rolling Project Pan (year long project with makeup and skincare)
Since beginning this project, I have finished 6 makeup items and 8 skincare products placed in this project. I finished a primer and eyeliner this month so I will be adding in the Elf Poreless Putty Primer and the Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in Black
9 by November Seasonal Project Pan
I have finished 6 products placed in this project (I actually ended up finishing 4 deluxe sized eye creams since starting this project)
I still have the Sunday Riley Luna Oil and Peter Thomas Roth moisturizer and mask as well as the Strivectin Neck Cream to finish, but Im confident that Ill have all but the mask finished by November.
1,000 item declutter project
I surpassed the 1,000 item mark last weekend and we arent even halfway finished going thru our storage area. That isnt even including the items I havent been able to donate yet. I will be doing a dedicated post about this process towards the end of the year. I will still be decluttering and adding to the amount.
How are you doing on your projects this year? I know Covid really put a damper on so many project pans this year.
My apologies for not posting last week but we have been making some major progress decluttering items that have been in storage.
Unfortunately a LOT of things had to be thrown away instead of donated. We had boxes of linens – bath towels, rugs, curtains as well as bags of coats from over the years that are in no condition to give to anyone.
We took a truck load of these things to the dump. We attempted to keep a count but lost track at around 200!
This week we are concentrating on kitchen items that we put in storage. We have about 10 boxes to go thru and we are hoping that anything we cant use can be given to family members.
I also went thru clothing that has been sitting in bins in the back of my basement. Like many others, I have not stayed the same size the last 10 years and cannot fit into clothes Ive saved for that day I mysteriously shrink 🙂 I put out a ‘call’ on facebook and a family friend came and picked two bins up last night. We tried counting but lost track so we are estimating about 150 various tank tops, tshirts and hoodies.
This weeks declutter brings me up to 689 items in total decluttered!!!
Have you been decluttering things from your life?
A couple of posts ago I introduced my Nine by November project. Last night I unexpectedly finished my Caudalie eye cream. Ive been working on it for several months and rolled it into this project.
I will be replacing it with the Clinique Pep Start eye cream as shown in the photo below. It is the oldest eye cream in my collection now that the Caudalie is finished.
Thankfully 2020 is halfway over. Who would have thought that back in January so many plans would have to be modified so much? Admittedly I do A LOT of skincare projects and its no surprise that my 2020 Rolling Project Pan has focused on the skincare products Ive chosen.
I have finished 15 items that have been in my 2020 project and while that does seem to be successful, there are several categories Im still struggling to use.
If you read my last post you will know that I finished a cleanser, setting powder and had to declutter an expired face mask. So I am rolling the next oldest products in my collection in those categories.
- Cleanser – Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash. While this isnt the cleanser I need to use for how my skin is currently, its my oldest cleanser so I need to use it up. Ill be using it as my morning cleanse.
- Mask – Kate Somerville Exfolikate. I love this mask and Ive used almost half of the tube.
- Setting Powder – Makeup Forever HD powder. Ive never used this powder before but I know several people who love it as much as the Laura Mercier.
I also change up which perfumes I use during this time of year. So, Ive rolled in my Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream rollerball into the project. Ill be using this perfume until sometime early fall when I will roll the Elizabeth and James Nirvana back into the project.
Have you been struggling with your year long projects? Have you finished many products?
After completion of my mostly successful skin care sample project, I wanted to do one that I could carry into the fall.
Since Im still not wearing much makeup, I wanted to continue with using up my skincare. Ive really been concentrating on my skincare since February because my skin has been exceptionally dry. Im usually only able to use these products during the winter and want to take advantage of them while I can and before they expire.
So my next project will be 9 by November. This project caught my attention when I viewed a video from Too Much TashI really liked the premise of another short term project and I wanted to put my own spin on it.
The items listed below are all skincare. I have chosen to put some full size skin care items in this project.
- Cleanser – Simple Hydrating Face Wash
- Toner -Pixi Retinol
- Serum – Vitabrid
- Eye Cream – Caudalie (roll over)
- Facial Oil – Sunday Riley Luna (roll over)
- Day Moisturizer – Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water
- Night Moisturizer – Boscia Cactus Water
- Face Mask – Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water
- Neck Cream – Strivectin
Once I finish these skincare products, all of the skincare products I have are items procured in late 2019-present.
Are you going to be doing a short term project? Will you join this one?
I began my Spring into Summer Skincare Sample Project back in April and updated how things were going last month.
I managed to finish all but two products. However, I did have a total of 14 items if you count that I had multiples of some. And even tho I did not finish everything, I will be counting this project as a success!
I will be starting another skincare project on Tuesday that will run until the beginning of November and I will be rolling these two products into that project.
If you were a part of this project, how did you do?
Will you be joining me on another short term project pan?
Last month I began this skincare project that ends June 21st. Its now May 21st so we are exactly halfway done!
Ive done really good with this project – finishing 8 items in this project, leaving me with these products left –
I am currently halfway finished the Luna oil that is on top. I dont want to rush it because I love this product so much! I also have just a few uses left of the Sunday Riley A+ serum.
Im not fond of the Bobbi Brown balm due to the scent but since we still arent going anywhere, Im the only one who is smelling it! I guess you could say its a good thing we are on ‘lock down’.
This project allowed me to use up a lot of samples that I would usually save until later. Im still not sure whats going on with my skin, but its still incredibly dry, so Im glad Im using these products.
How are you doing with any short term projects youre doing?
Its hard to believe that we are now into the 2nd quarter of the year.
I have finished 8 products so far this year, and one that unfortunately expired.
The latest items were/are:
- I finished the Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer last month. Im replacing it with the Ulta Lilac Breeze Body Lotion – 1 large bottle and 3 small bottles. Ive been working on the large bottle for over a year.
- I finished the Laura Geller Lip Scrub. Im replacing it with the Tarte Lip Facial. This is one of my favorite lip scrubs.
- My Aurora X Ipsy concealer expired. Im replacing this with BareMinerals Stroke of Light. I have only used this a few times, but so far Im liking it.
- I finished the Anastasia Brow Wiz. Im replacing it with Maybelline Brow Precise. I had used this brow pencil on and off, but its time to use it up.
Are you doing a rolling project? If so, how are you doing?
I love doing sample skincare project pans because I love to experiment with different skincare products and using up your samples can really inspire you to keep panning.
For some reason my skin has been unusually dry. Even drier than what it is during the winter. So I pulled out the skincare samples I set aside for winter to use up now. Ive tried several of these products before.
Here are the skincare samples Ill be focusing on:
- Clarins Essense
- Clarins Exfoliating Toner
- Sunday Riley Good Genes (2)
- Burts Bees Moisturizing Cream
- Kiehls Glow Formula Skin Hydrator (2)
- Dr Jart Ceramidin Cream
- Bobbi Brown Moisture Balm
- Sunday Riley A+ Serum
- Sunday Riley CEO Serum
- Caudalie eye cream
- Sunday Riley Luna Oil (2)
Im going to run this project thru June 23rd.
Will you be doing any short term seasonal projects?
My apologies for my absence last week, but I had some medical issues to attend to.
As some of you might know, Im doing a Project 20 Pan. As I finish an item, Ill be replacing it with another in the same category.
Well, I finished 4 items!
- Hand Cream -Dionis White Jasmine & Shea hand cream. Im actually replacing this with the purse version. I love this hand cream – I might have one more in back up to use up before I move onto other hand creams Ive had in limbo.
- Lotion – jojoba oil and will be replacing it with the Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer. I had to pry the cap off because this bottle was so difficult to squeeze any product out. I love this, but the full size is just too difficult for me to use. I do have a travel size tube in my back ups and I prefer using those due to their ease of use.
- Face Mask – Elemis face mask last month and have replaced it with the NXN Power Detox mask. This one is not my favorite but it is the oldest mask in my stash.
- Eyeliner – Ulta double sided eyeliner (black only) and have replaced it with the Maybelline Unstoppable eyeliner. This eyeliner was my holy grail for many years.
Im pretty sure that I will be able to finish the Dionis hand cream and Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer by the end of March due to how much product Ive already used before neglecting them previously.
Have you used up any items? Are you working thru any older products youve had stored away?