As you may know (if you read my blog regularly) I have been doing a rolling project pan that will go on all year. However, I love participating in seasonal projects as well. I was recently watching a video from Jacks Lorraine and was inspired to do my own take on her project/themes.
I will be starting this project on March 20th and running until June 21st. (First day of Spring until the first day of Summer). I know I won’t finish some of the products Ive chosen, but Id like to get some use out of them.
- Oldest: Mac Studio Fix powder foundation (NC15) – This is my oldest foundation. As you can see, I do have a dip and Id like to hit pan.
- Challenging: Mac Let’s Skate paint pot – Paint Pots are a challenge. Even painterly can take about 2 years to finish, and that’s with using it everyday. There is a dip in this product, and I would just like to see some progress.
- Seasonal: Becca First Light Priming Filter – This is a deluxe sample that I received in a Sephora play. I should be able to finish this by summer.
- Neglected: BareMinerals Correcting Concealer (Light 1) – I have almost half of this finished and would really like to have it done this year, so if I don’t finish it by June, I may roll this into my year round project.
- Easy: Makeup Forever Matte Velvet Skin Foundation (Y205) – This is also a deluxe sample from a Sephora Play box. I should not have any issue finishing this. This is one of the lightest shades Ive ever tried but Im actually this pale during winter, so it shouldn’t be a problem using.
I also wanted to throw in some perfume samples Ive accumulated. If you look at my recent empties posts, you will see that I am regularly using them up. I still have quite the perfume sample collection and really want to use them up.
- Chanel – Gabrielle
- Tokyo Milk – Awaken Within
- Philosophy – Amazing Grace
- Emporio Armani – Because It’s You
Are you doing any seasonal projects? Would you like to join in on this one? If so, make sure to tag me in your posts!
Ah, the first empties of the year!
As I had mentioned in my previous post, I will be doing my empties a bit different this year. I will also be keeping track of the cost used. In some instances, the cost will be estimated. Most of these will be for items I received in monthly subscription boxes, so cost might be determined to be $2-5 each. I will be including foil packets in my empties, but for the most part, I will not be estimating the price.
My grand total for January’s empties is: $ 366.67
The SK-II Essense sells for $240 in Sephora, so that explains the large total for the month. My initial impression using this essence was negative but this product really came thru during the colder months. I would suggest those with dry skin but I would not purchase due to the cost.
What did you finish up last month?
I decided to do a no-buy next year. I will only be repurchasing items I truly run out of.
So, I did one last haul.
The following photo does not show the makeup items I purchased as gifts for others, nor does it show the curling iron I just purchased to replace one that broke last year.
Will you be joining in on a year long no-buy?
EDIT: This post was sitting in my drafts instead of being posted last week. Because of this ‘snafu’ I will be adding the post that would have been posted today on Thursday.
I decided that I really have to get down and finish some of my older items in my collection. The best way is to put these products into a project.
The 10 items I have chosen to finish are:
- Urban Decay Naked Basics (Foxy) – I use this to set my eyeshadow primer. Ive actually repressed this.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics (WOS) – I also use this to set my eyeshadow primer.
- Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Perfecting Primer – I LOVE this primer. I just purchased a full size in the Ulta sale, so I need to finish this one up. Its also my oldest primer I have.
- Make Up Forever Step 1 Primer – I received this in a Sephora play box awhile ago. I do like this primer, but not enough to get a full size.
- Make Up Forever Ultra HD Foundation – I received this sample in a Sephora Play and it matches me pretty well in the summer. I dont really tan, but my face does go up a shade. I might have a handful of applications left.
- It Cosmetics CC+ – This stuff is magic. It matches me perfectly. I might have a few uses left, and once I get thru my other foundations, I would consider purchasing this and I dont even wear full coverage foundations!
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick (Rose Gold) – I received this in a Sephora Play and love it. Id like to finish this and a few other sticks before purchasing another.
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon – This is a GREAT eyeliner. It does NOT budge in my waterline. I really want others in this line, but I have a ton of eyeliners to finish first.
- Essense Make Me Brow – I love this and it fits into almost any budget! I have a few other brow gels to get thru, but this is one of the staples in my collection.
- Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter and Glow Shadow (Kitten Karma) – I became a fan of glitter because of this! I have purchased others in this line and would definitely get another one of this shade when I finish it. There isnt a lot left in this small sample so it should be simple to finish.
Are you doing a Project 10 Pan? What will you be trying to finish?
Many apologies for my absence but there was a death in the family and I felt the need to take a break.
With that out of the way, here are my June empties.
- Assured Cotton Rounds – I use these all the time. I get these from my dollar store and I already have back ups.
- OPI Avojuice (sweet lemon sage) lotion – I LOVE this stuff. It smells fantastic and really sinks into the skin. Im already almost done another bottle.
- Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub – I alternate between the Coconut Lime and regular shea. I love this stuff because its not to rough but also rough enough to exfoliate.
- Garnier Whole Blends shampoo and Conditioner – I get these samples all the time. I really do not like these and would not purchase.
- Becca First Light primer (purple side) – I only used the first light because I dont need the extra glow with my oily skin. I did like this and have several samples of these.
- Claritin Ready Tabs – I take these for my allergies. I already have another box because August (rag weed and trees).
- Aurora eyeliner – I got this in a Birchbox or Ipsy and had this in a project pan. It was a decent enough eyeliner but I wouldnt go out of my way to buy it.
- Makeup Forever eyeliner – I really like these eyeliners. They are one of my favorite formulas. I would repurchase if I didnt have all the liners I already have on hand.
- Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream – I do like this eye cream but Ive found several others that I like more. Would not repurchase.
- Essense Make Me Brow – I really like this formula. Its similar to the Benefit one for a fraction of the cost. I have repurchased.
- Loreal Pure Clay cleanser – I got this sample from Ulta IIRC and found it to be a nice dupe for the Glam Glow brand. I purchased the full size after trying this.
- Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb – I received this perfume sample in a Sephora Play and really liked it. I would repurchase once I finish off some perfumes I have in my collection.
- Makeup Forever Velvet Mat Foundation sample – I liked this foundation and would purchase in the winter when my skin isnt as oily as it is now.
- Marc Jacobs remarkable foundation sample – This color matched me ok. Ive tried other shades that didnt work as well. I would purchase.
- Tarte concealer – I accidentally thought this was a foundation sample but it worked great. I ended up getting a foundation sample from Sephora to try out of the Amazonian Clay foundation.
- Clinique gel moisturizer – I LOVE this moisturizer. I have some samples to get thru but its almost always in my rotation.
- 2 Mac Next to Nothing foundation samples – I really like this foundation but I prefer the powder.
- Sephora scrub – I use these when I take off face masks. I tend to go thru them every 6 months. I have repurchased.
- T-Maxx No Frills Vanilla bourbon Custard – I really liked this juice and have purchased it in a 120 ml bottle.
- This bottle came from Twisted 420s line but I cant remember the flavor. I would not repurchase.
- Lemon Twist Pink Punch Lemonade – I did like it and have repurchased another 60 ml bottle.
Did you finish anything up?
This post is a continuation of my November 30 Advent Calendars post, so please see that for an explanation of this project.
Here are the items chosen for the second half of the Project Pan Advent Calendar:
- Dec 13 – Becca First Light Priming Filter primer
- Dec 14 – Bareminerals Complexion Rescue gel
- Dec 15 – tarte Frxxxtion Stick
- Dec 16 – Bareminerals Blemish Remedy
- Dec 17 – Elf eyebrow powder
- Dec 18 – Marc Jacobs twinkle pop eyeshadow stick (Frannie)
- Dec 19 – Strivectin serum (yellow)
- Dec 20 – Ulta eye primer
- Dec 21 – Sephora moisturizer (foil pack)
- Dec 22 – Elf prep and Hydrate balm
- Dec 23 – Shiseido quick fix mist
- Dec 24 – Peter Thomas Roth water drench cloud cream
Did you participate in a project like this or purchase an Advent calendar this year?