June was definitely a great month for empties. It may not look like it but there are a lot of empties! It almost seemed like I had something finished every other day or so….
I managed to finish a cleanser, setting powder and lotion from my 2020 Project Pan. I will be updating that project with Thursdays post.
My empties total for the month of June is $138.38! That brings year to date total to $597.86!!
I will be decluttering this face mask. Not only is my face not oily these days, but this mask is definitely expired. It was my oldest face mask so its not a surprise. I dont remember how much is costs but a quick google search gives me an estimated cost of $10. I managed to finish about half of it.
My year to date total on decluttered products is $185.05
How did you do this month? Were you able to finish or declutter items?
We might have a few days left of the month, but Im ready to post my empties for May.
It was a great month for finishing things up for me. Last month I was able to finish $101.54 worth of product!!
My skin is still incredibly dry, which allowed me to really enjoy using up the samples from my recent skincare project and I was able to finish up one of my perfume samples this month.
I also finished my first full size mascara for this year. I opened it back in January when I got it in my Allure beauty box. I had only used samples of the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara prior and wanted to see if they were similar (many mascaras have an issue with this). The formula did seem similar to me.
Did you finish any products this month?
I did not use alot of products up this month. A lot of that has to do with my medical issues during the last week.
My skin was unusually dry so I used some really moisturizing sheet masks. One stand out was the Peach and Lilly sheet mask. I actually received this mask as a free sample! I received a set of Karuna sheet masks in my FabFitFun box and so far, Ive really enjoyed using them.
I did manage to use up $76!!
What did you finish last month?
I cannot believe that the year is over! The end of another decade. The beginning of something new is about to occur…
The end of a year is something special. You can say goodbye to the old and hello to the new. You can strive to be something more. You can reinvent yourself.
On a makeup related note: Make sure to replace your mascaras, makeup sponges and liquid liners if you have had them in use over 3 months. Dont start your year using old or dirty tools 🙂
This months empties total is $185.45!!
Our total amount for 2019 is $1,419.50!
This amount far exceeds what I thought I would have used up for the year! It all adds up.
How many products did you finish this month?
It was a pretty slow month for empties, but I managed to finish a shampoo!
I love the ion shampoo but after using it for almost 3 years – IM DONE! This shampoo does nothing for my hair anymore so I am glad to be done with it. I worked thru my backups so there are no more. We still use the conditioner – and have two more full sized bottles left. I use the ion conditioner when I color my hair fun colors.
I also wanted to talk about the Givenchy Volume Disturbia mascara. I received this back in June from Influenster and fell in love with this! I kept it a month more than I should have because I loved it so much. Its $27 at Sephora and after I finish off what I have on hand I will purchase.
This months empties total is $68.07!!
Did you finish a lot of products in October?
My apologies to those who were expecting a post last week. Its always crazy around the 4th of July for us.
Last month I concentrated on perfume and foil samples. I was able to finish 4 of my perfume samples and many skincare foils.
This months empties total is $70.39!!
Did you finish anything last month?
For July I am going to be concentrating on finishing up a lot of the deluxe sized face masks I had begun for the May Mask Challenge.
I cannot believe it is already April! This year is flying by.
I have really been trying to use up all of my old deluxe samples and foil packets that have been accumulating the past couple of years.
This month I was able to finish up a makeup ‘foil’, 2 body wash deluxe sample bottles, a shampoo sample, two face masks, a cleanser and a deodorant sample! I also finished off three perfume samples – one was even put in a recent project!
This months empties total is $112.99!
What did you finish up last month? Did you recently use up a difficult product?
For 2019 I will be doing my Empties posts a little different than in the past. I will be including a photo of the empties but I will not be listing every product. Instead, I will be posting the estimated cost of my empties and talking about the standout products Ive used.
I did not finish a lot of items in November, and I slacked off on posting the last couple of months, so I decided to combine November and December’s empties.
Did you finish anything last year?
I decided to do a no-buy next year. I will only be repurchasing items I truly run out of.
So, I did one last haul.
The following photo does not show the makeup items I purchased as gifts for others, nor does it show the curling iron I just purchased to replace one that broke last year.
Will you be joining in on a year long no-buy?
For some reason, I thought I finished more than this last month, but the proof is in the pudding-as they say.
Here are the products I finished:
- Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub – I dont go through these as often in the summer, but I always have a backup.
- White Could cotton balls – I used these mainly for nail polish. I have a backup but its the dollar store brand if I remember correctly.
- Neutrogena eye makeup remover – One of my favorite makeup removers. I do have a backup, but Im using some samples Ive received first.
- Clinique facial cleanser – I believe this is my last one. I would not repurchase. I like other facial cleansers better.
- Korres cleanser – I did not like this at all.
- Glam Glow Supercleanse – I liked this but I think Im allergic to something in it because my face gets swollen every time I use it.
- Skin & Co truffle eye cream – This was ok. I prefer other eye gels/creams to this.
- Sephora brush cleanser – I love this stuff. Its a bit cheaper than the beauty blender cleanser and does a fine job cleaning my brushes.
- Cotton Rounds – I use these for toner and removing my eye makeup. I get them at the dollar store and I usually have backups.
- Erno Lazlo eye masks – I got these from Influenster to review and wanted a treat. I like these but I cant justify the cost.
- Covergirl Lashblast – Not my favorite Covergirl mascara, but I like it.
- Doucce <sp> mascara – This was a very wet formula that really coated the lashes, but it got way too goopy too quick.
- Ole Henriksen Night Gel – I did not like this.
- Bonine – I get motion sickness. Enough said.
- SKII Essense – This was too easy to use. Not enough of an improvement over my Loreal toner to justify the cost. Would not purchase. This was a project pan item.
- Sunday Riley CEO serum – I do not like this. I have another foil packet to finish in my current project pan.
- Origins Ginzing Moisturizer – This was ok. I wouldnt go out of my way to purchase. This was a project pan item.
- L’Occitane Divine Eyes – I liked this but its pricy. This was a project pan item.
- Clockwork Custard – not really my style of juice but it was alright. It was nice to try.
- Savage Marcellus (Lemon Tart) – I really liked this juice and the site always does sales, but never includes this juice in their bundles.
- Cloud Kiss – This is a juice from TiaVapes on youtube. It was a light strawberry cake batter. It was really good.
- The Cake Shoppe Pound It – OMG Lemon Pound cake in vape form! I can finally get that sweet tooth craving without adding the calories!
- ScopeJuice – Oatmeal Cookie wonderfulness 🙂 My readers know Ive been vaping this for a couple years now.
Did you finish anything last month?