As you can see by the photo, I did not finish a lot of products, but I did finish up some staples. I was able to finish one of my favorite shampoos (Ion brand) as well as a now discontinued conditioner. Im actually working my way thru some deluxe samples before I open a full size shampoo and conditioner, and you can see a shampoo sample from L’Occitane as well as two body washes (I actually liked the Aveeno body wash so much that I have already purchased a full size).
My grand total for the month of February is $168.66
I wanted to put a spotlight on the Nutrition Now MultiVites gummies. I received these for free for review but liked them so much that I purchased them. Surprisingly, these were only $12 on Vitacost’s website.
Did you finish up anything last month? Are you keeping track of the cost?
Ah, the first empties of the year!
As I had mentioned in my previous post, I will be doing my empties a bit different this year. I will also be keeping track of the cost used. In some instances, the cost will be estimated. Most of these will be for items I received in monthly subscription boxes, so cost might be determined to be $2-5 each. I will be including foil packets in my empties, but for the most part, I will not be estimating the price.
My grand total for January’s empties is: $ 366.67
The SK-II Essense sells for $240 in Sephora, so that explains the large total for the month. My initial impression using this essence was negative but this product really came thru during the colder months. I would suggest those with dry skin but I would not purchase due to the cost.
What did you finish up last month?
I had no idea how much skincare I used up this past month! Unfortunately, there are no makeup empties.
- Cotton Rounds – As usual, I have a pack of cotton rounds. I use these for toner and to remove eye makeup. I almost always have backups because I go thru these pretty regularly.
- SooAE bubble sheet mask – I really liked this mask but it didnt fit my face right and kept sliding down. I believe I got this in a Walmart Beauty Box.
- Ulta Cooling Aloe Vera eye mask – I LOVED these. I have a couple more to use but I havent been able to find them again on Ultas website or Id have more.
- Sephora red clay mask – They claim there are 4 uses in these, but this seemed to last forever. I did not like the red clay as much as the yellow however.
- Sephora yellow clay mask – See previous. I liked this one more than the red. I guess my skin needed the toning more than the energizing.
- Loreal Pure Clay Mask (red) – I REALLY liked this. I think I pulled these out of a magazine. This did wonders for my skin and I will purchase once I am out of masks.
- Loreal Pure Clay Mask (charcoal) – I REALLY loved this! This is comparable to the Glam Glow Supermud in my opinion. I will purchase once I am out of masks.
- Loreal Revitalift moisturizer – I forced myself to use it. I hated this moisturizer. I have half of this left but I cant stand it so Im decluttering.
- Clinique Take the Day off makeup remover – I love this stuff. Ive received some from Sephora play boxes and others from point perks but I always use it up! Once I get thru some of the micellar waters I have, this is on the list to purchase.
- L’Occitane Relaxing Shower Gel – This was nice to use but I dont think its worth the price. This was in my Advent calendar from last year.
- Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Oil – I received this one in a Sephora Play box and I LOVE this stuff. I keep getting small bottles, but I will be purchasing a full size sometime in the future. My skin really improved using this. This was also in my Halloween Project Pan.
- Kate Somerville Exfoikate – This item was also in my Halloween Project Pan. This stuff is intense! I never was able to keep it on my skin as long as recommended. I have a foil packet that I wasnt able to finish also in that project, but I will be using it soon.
- L’Occitane Ultra Thirst Gel Moisturizer – This stuff felt nice on my skin but as someone with oily skin, I think it was too much for me. Im glad I tried it and used it up, but it won’t be a purchase. This was also in my Halloween Project Pan.
- Pantene shampoo – I did not like this shampoo. I decluttered the conditioner that came with this because I hated it so much.
- Real Techniques buffer brush – This brush literally fell apart while washing it. I might have had it 2 years.
- Moschino Fresh Coture perfume – I loved this perfume and just bought a rollerball during the VIB sale at Sephora!
- Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume – I prefer Daisy Dream over this but Im glad I used up the sample.
VAPE RELATED EMPTIES
- TMAXX No Frills Vanilla Mint Candy – I love this juice. It tastes like a white tic tac. I already have a 120 ml bottle open and in use.
- Fuzion Vapor Endless Summer – I bought this for my 5 year vape-a-versary and decided to finish it up before it ‘expired’. Its a strawberry lemonade and its one of the flavors I vaped that helped me quit smoking.
- Lemon Twist pink punch lemonade – I really liked this and this is m second bottle, but I dont think I would get it again. My tongue seemed to stop tasting it about halfway thru this bottle.
- The Cake Shoppe Pound it – This is a fantastic lemon pound cake flavor. I am already halfway finished a larger bottle.
- Hulk Tears – This is a watermelon vape that I LOVED. I believe these are my second and third bottle of this juice. I did like it but I think Ill wait until spring to get it again.
Were you able to finish anything last month?
My apologies for the delay in posts. For some reason, when I draft a post, it doesnt publish them the first go-around.
I feel like I did not finish a lot up in September, but I did manage to finish some full size items, so thats a win in my book.
- Tresemme Reverse System Shampoo and Conditioner – I received this from Influenster about 2 years ago, and it took me forever to get thru. I was not impressed by this and conditioning my hair before shampooing did not make sense some times. The shampoo smelled nice but I would not purchase.
- Isoprophyl Alcohol – I use this stuff for everything. I sanitize my makeup, vape stuff as well as use this to clean the glass in my home. Ive already purchased and began using the next bottle.
- OPI Avojuice Sweet Lemon Sage body lotion – I LOVE this lotion so much! I even cut it up to use every last bit. I purchased 3 of these at the time, so Im working on one and have one still for back up.
- Cotton Rounds – I get these from the dollar store. I mostly use these to get off my eye makeup. I always have backups.
- Anna Sui perfume sample – I believe I received this back when I still got Birchbox. I did not care for it but I did finish the sample.
- Amore Pacific moisturizer – I put this in my Halloween Project Pan and Im happy to say that its done. If I had dry skin, this would be a great moisturizer.
- Mario Badescu Night Cream – This was also in my Halloween Project Pan. I did like using this as a night cream, but its more suited for those with dry skin.
- Sunday Riley CEO Serum – This was also an item in my Halloween Project Pan. Im still using the CEO moisturizer from this line. I was not impressed with this serum, but its a foil packet and its difficult to determine what something like this does for your skin with one or two uses.
- Strivectin Neck Cream – I LOVE this! I have a small sample to get thru but its a definite repurchase. I love what using this has done for the appearance of my neck wrinkles.
- Color Pop Super Shock Shadow in Glow – I LOVED this shadow. It was great for no makeup days to just put on my lid to brighten the appearance of my eyes. Unfortunately, this dried up.
- BareMinerals Lash Domination mascara – I like both versions of this mascara but the wand on this variation suits my eye shape better. I would purchase once Im done with the mascaras I have on hand.
- Benefit They’re Real mascara – I liked this the first couple of times I used it, but it seemed to get really gloopy. By about a month into using this, it because super difficult to work with.
- Garnier Skinactive Micellar Cleanser – I ended up using this cleanser in the shower as a short face wash because it made my skin feel super tight. This did not remove my makeup. Odd because their regular micellar water does a fine job at removing my makeup.
- Claritin Ready Tabs – Already repurchased because Im allergic to living.
- Mac eye shadow remover – I like getting these as add ons when I make my purchases. I go between loving this and hating it. I do not have any more of these in my collection.
- Sephora eye makeup remover – LOVE this. Its a great affordable eye makeup remover. I would repurchase if I did not have the Neutrogena brand as back ups.
- Glam Glow SuperMud mask – LOVE this mask and I would purchase once I go thru the ton of masks I have on hand.
- TMaxx Vanilla Bourbon Custard – This is not a flavor I thought Id ever like but here I am – done a 120 ml bottle. I would repurchase but as with everything else, I have other juices to finish.
- Deadline Limeaid and Abetting – This was my last bottle. Right now there aren’t making it anymore and Im truly sad about it. Come back POH juices!!!
What were you able to finish?
Many apologies for my absence but there was a death in the family and I felt the need to take a break.
With that out of the way, here are my June empties.
- Assured Cotton Rounds – I use these all the time. I get these from my dollar store and I already have back ups.
- OPI Avojuice (sweet lemon sage) lotion – I LOVE this stuff. It smells fantastic and really sinks into the skin. Im already almost done another bottle.
- Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub – I alternate between the Coconut Lime and regular shea. I love this stuff because its not to rough but also rough enough to exfoliate.
- Garnier Whole Blends shampoo and Conditioner – I get these samples all the time. I really do not like these and would not purchase.
- Becca First Light primer (purple side) – I only used the first light because I dont need the extra glow with my oily skin. I did like this and have several samples of these.
- Claritin Ready Tabs – I take these for my allergies. I already have another box because August (rag weed and trees).
- Aurora eyeliner – I got this in a Birchbox or Ipsy and had this in a project pan. It was a decent enough eyeliner but I wouldnt go out of my way to buy it.
- Makeup Forever eyeliner – I really like these eyeliners. They are one of my favorite formulas. I would repurchase if I didnt have all the liners I already have on hand.
- Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream – I do like this eye cream but Ive found several others that I like more. Would not repurchase.
- Essense Make Me Brow – I really like this formula. Its similar to the Benefit one for a fraction of the cost. I have repurchased.
- Loreal Pure Clay cleanser – I got this sample from Ulta IIRC and found it to be a nice dupe for the Glam Glow brand. I purchased the full size after trying this.
- Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb – I received this perfume sample in a Sephora Play and really liked it. I would repurchase once I finish off some perfumes I have in my collection.
- Makeup Forever Velvet Mat Foundation sample – I liked this foundation and would purchase in the winter when my skin isnt as oily as it is now.
- Marc Jacobs remarkable foundation sample – This color matched me ok. Ive tried other shades that didnt work as well. I would purchase.
- Tarte concealer – I accidentally thought this was a foundation sample but it worked great. I ended up getting a foundation sample from Sephora to try out of the Amazonian Clay foundation.
- Clinique gel moisturizer – I LOVE this moisturizer. I have some samples to get thru but its almost always in my rotation.
- 2 Mac Next to Nothing foundation samples – I really like this foundation but I prefer the powder.
- Sephora scrub – I use these when I take off face masks. I tend to go thru them every 6 months. I have repurchased.
- T-Maxx No Frills Vanilla bourbon Custard – I really liked this juice and have purchased it in a 120 ml bottle.
- This bottle came from Twisted 420s line but I cant remember the flavor. I would not repurchase.
- Lemon Twist Pink Punch Lemonade – I did like it and have repurchased another 60 ml bottle.
Did you finish anything up?
I can hardly believe its already June! And, as always, Im sharing all of the products I finished up in May. I feel like I finished up alot of things in comparison to prior months.
- Cotton Rounds – I get these from my local dollar store. I usually get 2 or 3 packs at a time.
- Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Soap – I love this cleanser. I purchased this after trying a deluxe sample. I purchased two from Ulta because they had a special double points offer.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray – This item was in my project pan. I bought this to try out after hearing everyone online love it. Unfortunately Im not a fan of the scent. I did purchase another facial spray, but its the lavender variation.
- Sephora Micellar Water (Charcoal) – I got this from the sale section on Sephoras site. I do have two other bottles, but one is coconut and another is a lemon (I think). I did like it but the charcoal was a bit intense.
- Clarins Lotion – I used this as a hand lotion and enjoyed it, but after seeing how expensive it is, I won’t be repurchasing.
- Caudalie Resveratrol Moisturizer – I had this in my latest project pan. I received this in a Sephora Play box. I didnt see any improvement in my skin. I won’t repurchase.
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer – I love this. I have not purchased a full size because Im still working thru lotions I have in my collection. Im glad I finished this because it was in my latest project pan.
- Algenist Genius Liquid Collagen – This stuff was INCREDIBLE! I have another sample to use. I want to purchase but its pretty expensive.
- Algenist Sleeping Pack – This was the best night moisturizer Ive ever used. It is currently in my wish list.
- Ban deodorant – Two words-HATED it! Wont repurchase but I did use it up. Thank goodness I stopped getting Target Beauty Boxes.
- Skin Inc Exfoliator – I got this in a Sephora Play Box and did not like it at all. Personally, I think this is a gimmick.
- Hydra-C Eye Cream – I did like this, but I won’t be purchasing because I have one full size BareMinerals eye cream and a couple other samples to work thru.
- Korres Foaming Cream Cleanser – I did not like this cleanser and do not think its worth the price.
- Sunday Riley Good Genes – These two samples make me really like this product. I think the one I received in my Sephora Play (and recently finished) might have been old. The smell and consistency of these two foil packets was different from the tube. I purchased the Clay Cleanser and Good Genes pack from Sephora and have already started using it.
- Boscia Black Cleanser – I really like this cleanser and have purchased a full size.
- Essense Make me Brow – I liked this. It controls the unruly brows while adding some fullness. Ive already repurchased.
- Holly Berry Eyebrow Serum – I started using this but forgot about it and its expired now. I would not repurchase because I did not see any difference in brow growth.
- Marc Jacobs Mascara – This was one of the products in my project pan. The brush was too big on my lashes and I thought the formula was too wet and heavy for me. I can see why others like it, but its not for me.
- Marcelle Mascara – This was another item that was in my project pan. The wand on this was interesting and I liked the formula. I would repurchase but I have alot of mascaras to work thru first.
- Stila Stay all Day Eyeliner – I really did like this and it seemed to last awhile before finally drying out. Its something I might repurchase in the future.
- Bumble and Bumble Hair Oil – I got this as a sample from Sephora but the packaging on this made the product hard to work with without making a mess. I have a deluze sample from a 250 or 500 point perk that I will try.
- Dr Jart Water Drop Moisturizer – This was another sample I asked for in Sephora. I did not like this moisturizer at all, and am decluttering it.
- Ulta Bronzer – This bronzer is my of my oldest products and it crumbles every time I opened the palette I had it in. Decluttering. I would purchase another bronzer from Ulta in the future.
- Ulta Blush – This blush is my of my oldest products and it crumbles every time I opened the palette I had it in. Decluttering. I would purchase another blush from Ulta in the future.
- Palladio Eyeshadow Palette – This is another old makeup item that I am decluttering. I recently tried using it and it was difficult to work with and have show up. I would purchase another palette from Palladio. I get Palladio makeup from Sallys.
- Deadline Limeaid and Abetting – I love this juice but have not repurchased due to trying other juices.
- Fuzion Vapor Poison Apple – I bought this for my 5 year vape-a-versary because it was a juice I vaped back in 2013. Its still as good as I remember.
- TMaxx Lemon Creme Filled Doughnut – I liked this more than I thought I would. It needs to steep about a month for best flavor.
- TMaxx Vanilla Mint Candy – This tastes like tic tacs. So good. I bought a 100 ml bottle!
- TMaxx Vanilla Creme Filled Doughnut – I liked this more than the lemon version which surprised me. I havent repurchased yet, but I plan on getting it soon!
- Not Too Shabby Like a Sir – This juice is incredibly good! Its a coil gunker. I will repurchase!
- Scope MaddScope – Saving the best for last! I have repurchased. I dont even like real iced oatmeal cookies!
What did you finish up last month?
Sorry for my lack of posts the last couple of weeks. I had an allergic reaction to something I ate as well as a skin care product and I was down for the count. Everything is better now.
Now, onto what I used up in the month of April! I did not finish alot of things because I couldn’t put any products on my face after a reaction to a product that I am decluttering.
- Isopropyl Alcohol – I use this to sanitize my powder products, as well as clean up vape gear. I do already have another.
- Philosophy micro delivery face wash – I got this at one of Ultas 21 days of beauty sales and it lasted about a year of semi-regular use. While I did enjoy using it, there are other face washes I like much better.
- L’occitane shower cream – I got this in my Advent Calendar. I did enjoy it, but I like other body washes more.
- L’occitane shampoo – I had three of these and I believe I only have one more left. Its an ok shampoo. I dont think Id purchase it tho.
- Dove body polish – I got this sample in a Pinch me box. It was ok but I did not like the smell or the way it rinsed off. I like my Tree Hut scrubs much more.
- Vibrant Sexy hair hairspray – I only used this twice and the nozzle broke. I have no opinion on this product due to a lack of use.
- Sephora eye makeup remover – I love this stuff and I love getting it as a point perk or in my Sephora Play box. I cant remember which one this one is from. I would purchase.
- Cotton rounds – I get these at my dollar store and I always have 2 or 3 backups.
- Drunk Elephant TLC night serum – I got this from Sephora (either in my play box or in a skin care kit) I got about a months use from this sample. I did enjoy it, but the price on this product is high.
- Living Proof no frizz shampoo and conditioner – This was okay, and I have more samples of this shampoo and conditioner. I dont think Id purchase because I didnt see a difference in my hair.
- Klorane shampoo and conditioner – I really did not like these at all. I thought it made my hair feel slimy and I did not enjoy the smell.
- Sunday Riley good genes – I liked the results but not the smell. If it weren’t so expensive I would purchase.
- Kate Somerville eye cream – I did not like the consistency of this eye cream. I also did not see any improvements over some other eye creams Ive used.
- LOC shadow stick – This should have been in last months empties, but I somehow over looked it. I really did like using this and would purchase more if they were easy to find at a retailer I already frequent. I think I got this in a Birchbox and I also believe this was part of the Tati-LOC collaboration that fell thru.
- Dr Jart Cicapair tiger grass cream – I am decluttering this item because I had some type of reaction to it.
- Gucci Bamboo sample – I love this perfume and have a rollerball of it. I really enjoy it when I get samples of scents I love!
- Replica Beachwalk sample – I got this in a Sephora play box and loved it instantly. I did end up getting a rollerball of it. It works so nice with the Bum Bum Cream!
- YSL Mon paris sample – Another perfume sample I got in a Sephora play box and instantly loved. I have a travel size spray of this one!
- SOO AE face mask – I think I received this in a Target Beauty Box a while ago and when I had the reaction to the Dr Jart cream, I used this to calm my skin down.
- Found Coconut Sheet Mask – I used this face mask when my face had the reaction to the Dr Jart cream. I do not remember where I got it from tho.
- Slimfast Boosters – I think I got these from Pinch me. They were really good but I could eat 100 of them!
- Tasty Vapor ~ Geoffs Blend – This e-liquid tasted like Juicy Fruit Gum. I wanted to just finish this up and get rid of it because just like Juicy Fruit, the flavor did not last.
- T-Maxx No Frills Mls ~ White Chocolate Peanut Butter – This e-liquid in no way tasted like white chocolate peanut butter. I finished it up anyway.
(Italics: Project Pan Items)
Did you use up any products in April?