I know a lot of project panners start their fall project pans after the summer projects end, but I wanted to do one that incorporated some longer term products. While thinking about how to use some of my older products, I decided maybe do a Halloween inspired project. So, I decided to do a Rocky Horror Picture Show themed project that will end on October 31st.
This project will be based on the soundtrack for the Rocky Horror Picture Show. If you were around in the 80s, you will no doubt remember attending midnight shows where audience participation included singing all of the songs (as well as much more I won’t give away here). These days, screenings that allow audience participation are few and far between (as well as shadow casts) but when you do find a showing, it’s usually around Halloween.
I have chosen 5 songs from the soundtrack and picked items to go with lines of the song.
- Over at the Frankenstein Place – I have chosen my Mac Trolls Play it Proper highlighter because of the line ‘Theres a light’ in this song. During this song, audience members squirt water pistols and hold up lighters (these days its a flashlight). I only want to use this highlighter more. I don’t even have a dip in it but I have started to wear away the troll in the product. Id love to hit pan, but that might be a stretch.
- I can Make you a Man – I have chosen my Elf daily hydration moisturizer because part of the line is ‘In just seven days’ and you wear moisturizer seven days a week.
- TouchA TouchA Touch Me – Im choosing a cleanser because of the line ‘I Want to Feel Dirty’ and you need to cleanse. Ive chosen my travel size Origins Checks and Balances frothy face wash. This is one of my favorite cleansers.
- Rose Tint my World / Wild and Untamed Thing – Ive chosen the Stila Glitter and Glow in Smoldering Satin. This one is a deluxe sample size that came in a set of three. Glitter should always make you feel wild and untamed 🙂
- Im Going Home – I just have to say that this is a fantastic song and shows Tim Curry’s vocal abilities. I have chosen the Boscia luminizing black mask because most of us mask at home. This is a peel off mask and its a deluxe sample size. Ive used it a couple times but Id like to finish it.
Should I finish any products, I will add in items that fit with the theming I have already set in this project (i.e. If I finish the mask, Ill add in another mask)
I love seasonal projects, so I hope you will join in this one with me! If you do decide to participate, please leave me a link to your post so we can follow each others progress!
I will be posting a photo on IG with the hashtag #RHPSProjectPan (My IG is @JustSheilz if you want to follow me there)
I cannot believe it is already April! This year is flying by.
I have really been trying to use up all of my old deluxe samples and foil packets that have been accumulating the past couple of years.
This month I was able to finish up a makeup ‘foil’, 2 body wash deluxe sample bottles, a shampoo sample, two face masks, a cleanser and a deodorant sample! I also finished off three perfume samples – one was even put in a recent project!
This months empties total is $112.99!
What did you finish up last month? Did you recently use up a difficult product?
I guess I should start out by just saying – I broke the no buy/low buy. Im going to flatly state that I could not pass up a great deal.
As you might know, Ulta does “21 Days of Beauty” a couple times a year, and there are some fantastic deals in that sale. And, even though there were multiple items I wanted in that sale, I decided to pass them up for one of their ‘Hot Buys”.
As you can see by the photo below, I decided to pick up the Tarte Maracuja Oil because it was $28. Its normally $48 and I really couldn’t pass the deal up. I would be picking this product up in a couple of months, so its best to get it almost half off if I could.
I wanted to try out the Almay Velvet Cream Shadows and they were buy one, get one half off, (One was $7.99 and the other was $4.00) so I got the two pictured below.
I also needed to purchase the Ulta shadow in Petite. I use this to set my eye primer and I have a decent dip in the one Im using and it was $4.00 (its usually $8.00).
My total came to $43.99. I used an Ulta coupon for $3.50 off and used $6.00 in points bringing my order to $42.51 with taxes and shipping.
After looking thru what I spent last year at this time, I can say that I am definitely spending less this year.
I am planning to purchase some things around June (my birthday month) but other than that, I think Im going to do considerably better on spending this year!
Are you doing a No buy / Low buy? Have you stuck to it?
As you can see by the photo, I did not finish a lot of products, but I did finish up some staples. I was able to finish one of my favorite shampoos (Ion brand) as well as a now discontinued conditioner. Im actually working my way thru some deluxe samples before I open a full size shampoo and conditioner, and you can see a shampoo sample from L’Occitane as well as two body washes (I actually liked the Aveeno body wash so much that I have already purchased a full size).
My grand total for the month of February is $168.66
I wanted to put a spotlight on the Nutrition Now MultiVites gummies. I received these for free for review but liked them so much that I purchased them. Surprisingly, these were only $12 on Vitacost’s website.
Did you finish up anything last month? Are you keeping track of the cost?
While going thru my collection and starting to plan for products to use in future projects, I found some products that have expired or that I no longer could work with.
The total for the following products I am decluttering is $88.00 Some of these items I purchased on sale, but cannot remember how much I paid so I just did a quick google search for the cost.
- Perricone MD Eye Lift – I received this item from Influenster and absolutely HATED it. The pump broke about 5 uses in, so I depotted it into an empty jar I had. I tried making this eye cream work, but it just was not something that worked for me.
- Olay Fresh Effects Mattifier – I loved this product and purchased this bottle when I found out it was discontinued. Unfortunately, I did not use it in time so its just a mess to use now.
- Sephora LashCraft Big Volume mascara – I used this about a month but when I was doing my makeup, I dropped the wand and it rolled all over the floor under my desk. I did enjoy using it and will consider purchasing it in the future.
- Elf Lip Exfoliator – I love this product and purchased two when it was on sale, but unfortunately this has expired.
Have you decluttered anything lately?
Ah, the first empties of the year!
As I had mentioned in my previous post, I will be doing my empties a bit different this year. I will also be keeping track of the cost used. In some instances, the cost will be estimated. Most of these will be for items I received in monthly subscription boxes, so cost might be determined to be $2-5 each. I will be including foil packets in my empties, but for the most part, I will not be estimating the price.
My grand total for January’s empties is: $ 366.67
The SK-II Essense sells for $240 in Sephora, so that explains the large total for the month. My initial impression using this essence was negative but this product really came thru during the colder months. I would suggest those with dry skin but I would not purchase due to the cost.
What did you finish up last month?
I had no idea how much skincare I used up this past month! Unfortunately, there are no makeup empties.
- Cotton Rounds – As usual, I have a pack of cotton rounds. I use these for toner and to remove eye makeup. I almost always have backups because I go thru these pretty regularly.
- SooAE bubble sheet mask – I really liked this mask but it didnt fit my face right and kept sliding down. I believe I got this in a Walmart Beauty Box.
- Ulta Cooling Aloe Vera eye mask – I LOVED these. I have a couple more to use but I havent been able to find them again on Ultas website or Id have more.
- Sephora red clay mask – They claim there are 4 uses in these, but this seemed to last forever. I did not like the red clay as much as the yellow however.
- Sephora yellow clay mask – See previous. I liked this one more than the red. I guess my skin needed the toning more than the energizing.
- Loreal Pure Clay Mask (red) – I REALLY liked this. I think I pulled these out of a magazine. This did wonders for my skin and I will purchase once I am out of masks.
- Loreal Pure Clay Mask (charcoal) – I REALLY loved this! This is comparable to the Glam Glow Supermud in my opinion. I will purchase once I am out of masks.
- Loreal Revitalift moisturizer – I forced myself to use it. I hated this moisturizer. I have half of this left but I cant stand it so Im decluttering.
- Clinique Take the Day off makeup remover – I love this stuff. Ive received some from Sephora play boxes and others from point perks but I always use it up! Once I get thru some of the micellar waters I have, this is on the list to purchase.
- L’Occitane Relaxing Shower Gel – This was nice to use but I dont think its worth the price. This was in my Advent calendar from last year.
- Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Oil – I received this one in a Sephora Play box and I LOVE this stuff. I keep getting small bottles, but I will be purchasing a full size sometime in the future. My skin really improved using this. This was also in my Halloween Project Pan.
- Kate Somerville Exfoikate – This item was also in my Halloween Project Pan. This stuff is intense! I never was able to keep it on my skin as long as recommended. I have a foil packet that I wasnt able to finish also in that project, but I will be using it soon.
- L’Occitane Ultra Thirst Gel Moisturizer – This stuff felt nice on my skin but as someone with oily skin, I think it was too much for me. Im glad I tried it and used it up, but it won’t be a purchase. This was also in my Halloween Project Pan.
- Pantene shampoo – I did not like this shampoo. I decluttered the conditioner that came with this because I hated it so much.
- Real Techniques buffer brush – This brush literally fell apart while washing it. I might have had it 2 years.
- Moschino Fresh Coture perfume – I loved this perfume and just bought a rollerball during the VIB sale at Sephora!
- Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume – I prefer Daisy Dream over this but Im glad I used up the sample.
VAPE RELATED EMPTIES
- TMAXX No Frills Vanilla Mint Candy – I love this juice. It tastes like a white tic tac. I already have a 120 ml bottle open and in use.
- Fuzion Vapor Endless Summer – I bought this for my 5 year vape-a-versary and decided to finish it up before it ‘expired’. Its a strawberry lemonade and its one of the flavors I vaped that helped me quit smoking.
- Lemon Twist pink punch lemonade – I really liked this and this is m second bottle, but I dont think I would get it again. My tongue seemed to stop tasting it about halfway thru this bottle.
- The Cake Shoppe Pound it – This is a fantastic lemon pound cake flavor. I am already halfway finished a larger bottle.
- Hulk Tears – This is a watermelon vape that I LOVED. I believe these are my second and third bottle of this juice. I did like it but I think Ill wait until spring to get it again.
Were you able to finish anything last month?