With the completion of Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty, I thought I would share with you the items I purchased, as well as share items I purchased from an Ulta Grand Opening in my area.
I really only ‘needed’ the Anastasia Brow Wiz and thats the only item I picked up from the sale, but I did get some items I had been waiting to buy.
The Brow Wiz was on sale for $9.50 which is a HUGE deal, so I picked up two. The Clinique trio was on sale for $9.75 ($10 off) so I got that as well. I love that gel moisturizer. I was in need of two new nail files (I use one for my toes and the other for my finger nails) and the Dionis hand cream is my favorite and it was 2 for $4.99 and they are regularly $3.49 each. The Essense mascaras were buy 1 get one half off, and I had been wanting to try them for awhile so I got those too!
I also qualified for this sample bag since my order was above a certain amount.
As you can see, it was filled with LOTS of goodies!
And then this weekend, we had a local Ulta Grand Opening. Unfortunately we didnt get there early enough to be one of the first one hundred customers (We were like 120th) but I did pick up a couple things Ive had my eye on.
Someone sent me an email to tell me that Clean & Clear still made the Morning Burst cleaner so I was able to get that. We will see if it lives up to the one Im currently finishing up. I also got the full size of the Mario Badescu seaweed cleansing soap. I really enjoyed the sample I used up in my project pan. I pulled the trigger on a lotion/body mist combo that someone had told me was fantastic, plus Ulta was buy 1 get one half off. I also saw this really cute Z-Palette that was a collab between Z-Palette and Ulta and its PINK! Its been out of stock online, but I saw it in store and had to pick it up.
Did you pick up anything during the 21 Days of Beauty Sale?
Since Ive accumulated some items since I decluttered earlier this year, I decided that I need to do it again.
- BareMinerals Serum and eye cream foil packet samples – I already have a full size of the Skinlongevity serum and I am working thru some eye creams now so I didnt need this sample card.
- Loreal Revitalift serum and cream – Ive tried a few samples of this before and did not like the product.
- Belif mask – I already have masks I like so I decided to pass this sample on.
- Versace Dylan Blue – This scent is not one I like.
- Sum Bum self tanning towelette – I do not tan. I would never keep up with it and Im so fair skinned, that these products make me look odd.
- Oil of Olay sculpting cream – Im not sure what this is, but I dont particularly like Oil of Olay products.
- Smashbox primer – I have a travel size of this, so the foil packet is unnecessary.
- Tom Ford Neroli Portofino – I did not like this scent.
- Novex curl shampoo – I have super straight fine hair so I am giving it to my daughter in law because she has naturally curly hair.
- Loreal Revitalift moisterizer – I do not like this line of products.
- it Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye – This sample is too dark for me to use.
- BareMinerals Skinlongevity Serum deluxe sample – I already have the full size.
- BareMinerals brush – I ordered one to gift to my daughter in law.
- Ulta lip gloss – I dont use lip gloss.
- it Cosmetics CC cream – This sample is too dark for me to use.
- Dr Jart Ceradmidin cream – My skin is much to oily to use a cream this heavy.
- Lancome Eyeliner – I have enough eyeliner to last me three lifetimes.
- Mark loose eyeshadow – I am decluttering alot of my single shadows.
- Smashbox trio – These are shades I will never use.
- Ven Effect – I will never use this.
- Olay X micro peel – I dont like Olay products.
- Balance Me Under eye cream – This product is tinted and is far too dark for me to use under my eyes.
- Purple lip balm – I dont remember this brand (got it in an Ipsy) but I dont wear purple.
- Shiseido sunscreen lotion – I already have a sunscreen I wear.
- BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lipstick – I dont usually wear lipstick and this shade is much too red for me.
By the time of posting, these items have already been given to my daughter in law. She was really excited to try these items out.
There are just days when we need to wear makeup, but we dont want to put forth the time and effort to go ‘all out’. Today, Im going to share with you what products I use for those days.
I have not included skin care products I use everyday. And I did not include my primer, which can change based on how my skin is acting, as well as the weather that day.
The first items are my complexion products. It will probably surprise no one that my most used product is the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue. This ‘bb’ type gel is perfect if you like a light to medium coverage, and if you want to keep a more dewy finish, do not set it with a powder. I personally like setting it with the bareMinerals Mineral Veil loose powder because I get oily throughout the day. I use a stippling brush to apply the Complexion Rescue and a fluffy goat hair brush to dust the Mineral Veil over top.
I like using the bareMinerals 5 in 1 bb cream eyeshadow on light make up days. This also is used as an eye primer on my regular make up days. I like the shade ‘Barely Nude’ for both purposes. Just put a dot or two on your eyelid and pat with your finger to apply.
The one item I can’t do without is eyeliner. The Ulta brand gel liner is a great value and it performs better than some drug store brands. I got a few pencils during Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty sale for $5 (I believe they are $12 usually).
The last product is the Trestique lip crayon. You can use whatever your favorite lip product is. I usually wear whatever tinted lip balm I have on hand, but the Trestique brand is long lasting.
So, those are the products I use on no makeup makeup days. What products do you use?
This year I resolved to completely use up the products in my collection, and that includes the samples Ive been getting in my subscription boxes.
I think I did a great job using up all of the things for the first month!
- Futerer Shampoo & Conditioner – I did not like these. They did not lather enough for my liking and the scent was over-powering.
- Loreal Volume Filler Shampoo – I didnt mind this shampoo, but I didnt see a difference between this and my regular shampoo.
- Covergirl Mascara – This is my second favorite drug store mascara. This ended up drying out on me.
- Ulta Mascara Primer – I dont like using mascara primers. This came in a kit of primers I purchased back in August.
- BareMinerals Lash Domination (2 Deluxe samples) – Its a wetter mascara. I liked using these once the formula dried a bit.
- BareMinerals Mineral Veil – This is my FAVORITE powder to set my foundation.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation (3 samples from Sephora) – I got these samples to try the foundation. I ended up purchasing the full size. (Its a great foundation for oily skin, but it does tend to oxidize about a shade darker)
- Laneige BB Cushion Foundation – I got this in a Target Beauty Box and I disliked it. Even the light shade I was sent was too dark for me and it made me look incredibly oily.
- Garnier Makeup Removing Wipes – They removed my makeup, but I like the Neutrogena brand better.
- Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads – I got these in a Walmart or Target Beauty Box. I did not like these but they did remove my eye makeup. I prefer a cotton pad with micellar water.
- Vasanti Brighten Up Exfoliator – I did enjoy using this cleanser, but I prefer the Clean and Clear exfoliating cleanser more.
- Dr Brandt Microderm Abrasion Cleanser – I did like this but the tube was only half full.
- Marcela Moisturizing Gel – I did like this moisturizer but not enough to replace my current favorite.
- Organic Surge Eye Gel – This did nothing for my undereye area.
- Elemis Marine Cream – This cream was FANTASTIC and the scent was nice even though I do not like or enjoy floral scents. However, this stuff is expensive.
- Dr Lips Miracle Balm – I did not enjoy this and it was difficult to work with.
- Shine On SuperGoop – I did not enjoy this and it wasnt worth working to empty completely.
- Strivectin Neck Cream – Best Neck Cream EVER!
- Ulta Setting Spray – I really like the Ulta brand. It works to keep my makeup in place during the day. I have repurchased.
- Loreal Revitalift Foil Packet – Ive used about 7 of these this year and I dont know why I just dont pass them on.
- Maddscope – I go through 100 mls of this juice a month. LOVE it!
- Deadline – Limeade and Abetting – I really like this juice. This was my first bottle but it won’t be the last. As soon as I finish my 120ml bottle of POH juice, Ill re-order this one.
Time to look at my trash!
After going thru all of my makeup inventory, I noticed some items that just weren’t for me or that I just won’t use up before they’ll expire, so I decided a declutter was in order. These items will be given to my daughter-in-law since I know she loves makeup.
- Clark’s Botanicals Radiance Cream
- Juice Beauty Oil Free Moisturizer (foil packet)
- Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum (foil packet)
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Booster Serum DS
- Ulta Beauty Nude Matte Eyeshadow Primer
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream (foil packet)
- It Cosmetics CC Cream (foil packet )
- CoverGirl TruBlend Foundation (foil packet)
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Age Perfector (75% left)
- Sephora Ultra Shine Lip Gel DS
- Bareminerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss DS
- Miss Jessies Quick Curls (foil packet)
- Pureology Densifying Spray
- Matrix Salt Infused Spray
- Ulta Beauty palette
- Em Cosmetics Tokyo Plums palette
- the Balm Meet Matt Trimony Matt Moskowitz
- Model Co Contour Stick
- Wild Child perfume foil
Here are the goodies!
I know Im a couple weeks late to posting what I plan on using up in 2017, but I wanted to make sure I had updated my inventory and will be using up my oldest makeup products.
In total I have 36 items I plan to pan, but a few are deluxe or travel sized products and some should be finished by Spring/Summer if I put my mind to it.
- Bareminerals Mineral Veil Full Size – I am halfway done with this and I use it all the time, even on no makeup days. I do have another Mineral Veil in this size as well as a pressed version, but this is my oldest.
- Bareminerals Mineral Veil deluxe – I recently found this in an old makeup bag and its about halfway finished.
- Bareminerals Original Powder Foundation – This is my oldest powder foundation and its about halfway finished.
- Covergirl foundation powder – I just hit pan on this but its my oldest and only drug store face powder.
- Bareminerals Blemish Remedy Foundation – Im a little over halfway thru this.
- Palladio stick concealer – This is my oldest concealer and there is almost no use, so I need to use it up.
- Beautique Lip Crayon – I picked this up at a Sallys on sale and Ive only used it a couple of times.
- Covergirl Outlast Smoothwear Lip Liner – This only has minimum use.
- Chapstick Total Hydration – Lip Balms are a MUST especially in the winter. This is just one I recently received in a Walmart or Target Beauty Box that I need to use up.
- LOC Out of your Shell Shadow Stick – I recently got this in a Birchbox and I dont normally use shadow sticks. There is almost no use.
- Bareminerals 5 in 1 cream eyeshadows – There are two of these. I used to use them alot, but got distracted last summer by some of the great palettes that came out. Since these are cream products, I really need to use them up.
- Eyeshadow – I dont remember this brand but its a nice sparkly eyeshadow. It applies similarly to a liquid lipstick.
- Powerlash Mascara – This might be one of my older mascaras and it won’t take long to use up.
- Bareminerals Lash Domination deluxe samples – There are two of these. One is almost at the end of its life and the only I might have a week or so left.
- Elf liquid Eyeliner – This was a great eyeliner. Its almost completely finished. (This is an almost gimme)
- Eyeko Fat Liquid Liner – I feel like this liner is the gift that keeps on giving. I think its going to dry up at any moment tho because this is my oldest liquid eyeliner in the marker form.
- Eyeko Liquid Liner – I got this in a recent Ipsy or Birchbox but its so small I thought I could use it up quickly.
- Ulta Gel Eyeliner ‘Smoke’ – One of my older eyeliners for the waterline. I need to use this up and get it out of my collection.
- Ulta Double Sided Gel Eyeliner ‘Blackout’ ‘Mink’ – Received this as part of a set and just want to use it up. BlackOut is a great liner and for some reason Mink doesnt seem as good as the regular size liner in the same line.
- Palladio liquid liner – One of my older products. I just want to use it up.
- Chella Eyebrow Pencil ‘Tantalizing Taupe’ – I received this in a Birchbox and while the color is too light, mixing it with other brow products allows me to put this to use.
- Trestique Highlight Stick – I dont use highlighter on my cheeks (Im 40+ and my skin has noticeable texture) so I use this as a brow highlight and inner corner highlight.
- Naked Basics Palette – I am only trying to hit pan on Foxy. This is what I use to set my eye primer.
- Palladio Palette – I am only trying to hit pan on this palette. While this is one of my less expensive palettes, I still really enjoy the results I get when I wear these colors.
So those are the products I hope to pan in 2017. Below is how Im charting the progress of some of the products.
I will probably online update once a quarter since tracking progress can be slow. Updates will consist of informing you what items Ive finished and showing progress on the charts above (if there is noticeable progress).