Im posting this a day early because I don’t think Ill be around my computer during the day on Thursday.
Back in February, I posted a declutter, so this may come as a surprise that Im doing another one. I spent the last few days going over my inventory and really cleaning and organizing my collection and found that there were products that really needed to go.
The total for the following items Im decluttering is $49.99! My total for the year to date decluttered is $137.99! That total astounds me and its one of the many reasons Im on a low-buy/no buy this year.
- 2 shadows from a Palladio quad that Im certain was part of one of my first projects posted on my blog. These two shadows keep cracking and its an old quad, so they are gone.
- An Ulta highlighter I received in a kit that Ive never used.
- Metallist Liquid Foil & Glitter Duo from a Sephora Play box I never used. I opened it and its completely dried up.
- A tarte lip paint that was a birthday gift or in a Sephora Play that looks horrible on me. The formula is a bit thick also, so it may be expired.
- 4 Sephora lip stains that I bought as a set that look horrible on me.
- An Urban Decay Afterglow highlighter (Sin) from an Ipsy bag that Ive never used that has to be expired by now.
- Elf Lipstick (Ravishing Rose) that is broken beyond repair.
- A Femme Couture lipstick (Classic Caramel) that was in my first project pan that I lost after using half of it. Im tossing because its old and I have no idea if exposure to the elements may have screwed it up.
- Elf brow that was labeled a dark brown but its actually black and unusable to me. For some reason I threw it back into my collection instead of tossing it then and there.
- This Ulta Mattifying Balm was awesome and I panned almost half of it, but I left it open and now there’s fuzz all over it and that’s gross.
Have you decluttered anything recently?
I guess I should start out by just saying – I broke the no buy/low buy. Im going to flatly state that I could not pass up a great deal.
As you might know, Ulta does “21 Days of Beauty” a couple times a year, and there are some fantastic deals in that sale. And, even though there were multiple items I wanted in that sale, I decided to pass them up for one of their ‘Hot Buys”.
As you can see by the photo below, I decided to pick up the Tarte Maracuja Oil because it was $28. Its normally $48 and I really couldn’t pass the deal up. I would be picking this product up in a couple of months, so its best to get it almost half off if I could.
I wanted to try out the Almay Velvet Cream Shadows and they were buy one, get one half off, (One was $7.99 and the other was $4.00) so I got the two pictured below.
I also needed to purchase the Ulta shadow in Petite. I use this to set my eye primer and I have a decent dip in the one Im using and it was $4.00 (its usually $8.00).
My total came to $43.99. I used an Ulta coupon for $3.50 off and used $6.00 in points bringing my order to $42.51 with taxes and shipping.
After looking thru what I spent last year at this time, I can say that I am definitely spending less this year.
I am planning to purchase some things around June (my birthday month) but other than that, I think Im going to do considerably better on spending this year!
Are you doing a No buy / Low buy? Have you stuck to it?
Spoiler alert: I just finished my Laura Mercier caviar stick I had in this project yesterday! So I need to add some products into my project pan.
Old items still to work on are:
- IT Cosmetics CC Foundation
- Stila Kitten Karma
- Marc Jacobs Eyeliner
- Elf tone powder
- ColourPop KathleenLights SS
- Elf Brow Wax
I am adding in:
- Tarte Mascara
- Ulta Eye Primer
- Mac Oil Control Lotion
- Sephora Lip Balm
I am making progress on several of these items and I am so excited to be using them!
Are you doing a rolling project pan? What products are in yours?
For 2019 I will be doing my Empties posts a little different than in the past. I will be including a photo of the empties but I will not be listing every product. Instead, I will be posting the estimated cost of my empties and talking about the standout products Ive used.
I did not finish a lot of items in November, and I slacked off on posting the last couple of months, so I decided to combine November and December’s empties.
Did you finish anything last year?
I had no idea how much skincare I used up this past month! Unfortunately, there are no makeup empties.
- Cotton Rounds – As usual, I have a pack of cotton rounds. I use these for toner and to remove eye makeup. I almost always have backups because I go thru these pretty regularly.
- SooAE bubble sheet mask – I really liked this mask but it didnt fit my face right and kept sliding down. I believe I got this in a Walmart Beauty Box.
- Ulta Cooling Aloe Vera eye mask – I LOVED these. I have a couple more to use but I havent been able to find them again on Ultas website or Id have more.
- Sephora red clay mask – They claim there are 4 uses in these, but this seemed to last forever. I did not like the red clay as much as the yellow however.
- Sephora yellow clay mask – See previous. I liked this one more than the red. I guess my skin needed the toning more than the energizing.
- Loreal Pure Clay Mask (red) – I REALLY liked this. I think I pulled these out of a magazine. This did wonders for my skin and I will purchase once I am out of masks.
- Loreal Pure Clay Mask (charcoal) – I REALLY loved this! This is comparable to the Glam Glow Supermud in my opinion. I will purchase once I am out of masks.
- Loreal Revitalift moisturizer – I forced myself to use it. I hated this moisturizer. I have half of this left but I cant stand it so Im decluttering.
- Clinique Take the Day off makeup remover – I love this stuff. Ive received some from Sephora play boxes and others from point perks but I always use it up! Once I get thru some of the micellar waters I have, this is on the list to purchase.
- L’Occitane Relaxing Shower Gel – This was nice to use but I dont think its worth the price. This was in my Advent calendar from last year.
- Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Oil – I received this one in a Sephora Play box and I LOVE this stuff. I keep getting small bottles, but I will be purchasing a full size sometime in the future. My skin really improved using this. This was also in my Halloween Project Pan.
- Kate Somerville Exfoikate – This item was also in my Halloween Project Pan. This stuff is intense! I never was able to keep it on my skin as long as recommended. I have a foil packet that I wasnt able to finish also in that project, but I will be using it soon.
- L’Occitane Ultra Thirst Gel Moisturizer – This stuff felt nice on my skin but as someone with oily skin, I think it was too much for me. Im glad I tried it and used it up, but it won’t be a purchase. This was also in my Halloween Project Pan.
- Pantene shampoo – I did not like this shampoo. I decluttered the conditioner that came with this because I hated it so much.
- Real Techniques buffer brush – This brush literally fell apart while washing it. I might have had it 2 years.
- Moschino Fresh Coture perfume – I loved this perfume and just bought a rollerball during the VIB sale at Sephora!
- Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume – I prefer Daisy Dream over this but Im glad I used up the sample.
VAPE RELATED EMPTIES
- TMAXX No Frills Vanilla Mint Candy – I love this juice. It tastes like a white tic tac. I already have a 120 ml bottle open and in use.
- Fuzion Vapor Endless Summer – I bought this for my 5 year vape-a-versary and decided to finish it up before it ‘expired’. Its a strawberry lemonade and its one of the flavors I vaped that helped me quit smoking.
- Lemon Twist pink punch lemonade – I really liked this and this is m second bottle, but I dont think I would get it again. My tongue seemed to stop tasting it about halfway thru this bottle.
- The Cake Shoppe Pound it – This is a fantastic lemon pound cake flavor. I am already halfway finished a larger bottle.
- Hulk Tears – This is a watermelon vape that I LOVED. I believe these are my second and third bottle of this juice. I did like it but I think Ill wait until spring to get it again.
Were you able to finish anything last month?
Before I post my October Empties, I wanted to post about starting a new project. I know I have a Project 10 Pan that I just started, but this one is going to be different. I realized as I was organizing things that I had a bunch of skin care I was neglecting to use up quick enough.
I came to the conclusion that I just dont mask enough. So, from now until New Years Eve, when I need skin care the most, I will be attempting to do a mask at least every other day.
I will be using up the oldest face masks in my collection and I hope to use most of what is pictured below by New Years Eve.
Will you join me in this project?
Many apologies for my absence but there was a death in the family and I felt the need to take a break.
With that out of the way, here are my June empties.
- Assured Cotton Rounds – I use these all the time. I get these from my dollar store and I already have back ups.
- OPI Avojuice (sweet lemon sage) lotion – I LOVE this stuff. It smells fantastic and really sinks into the skin. Im already almost done another bottle.
- Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub – I alternate between the Coconut Lime and regular shea. I love this stuff because its not to rough but also rough enough to exfoliate.
- Garnier Whole Blends shampoo and Conditioner – I get these samples all the time. I really do not like these and would not purchase.
- Becca First Light primer (purple side) – I only used the first light because I dont need the extra glow with my oily skin. I did like this and have several samples of these.
- Claritin Ready Tabs – I take these for my allergies. I already have another box because August (rag weed and trees).
- Aurora eyeliner – I got this in a Birchbox or Ipsy and had this in a project pan. It was a decent enough eyeliner but I wouldnt go out of my way to buy it.
- Makeup Forever eyeliner – I really like these eyeliners. They are one of my favorite formulas. I would repurchase if I didnt have all the liners I already have on hand.
- Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream – I do like this eye cream but Ive found several others that I like more. Would not repurchase.
- Essense Make Me Brow – I really like this formula. Its similar to the Benefit one for a fraction of the cost. I have repurchased.
- Loreal Pure Clay cleanser – I got this sample from Ulta IIRC and found it to be a nice dupe for the Glam Glow brand. I purchased the full size after trying this.
- Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb – I received this perfume sample in a Sephora Play and really liked it. I would repurchase once I finish off some perfumes I have in my collection.
- Makeup Forever Velvet Mat Foundation sample – I liked this foundation and would purchase in the winter when my skin isnt as oily as it is now.
- Marc Jacobs remarkable foundation sample – This color matched me ok. Ive tried other shades that didnt work as well. I would purchase.
- Tarte concealer – I accidentally thought this was a foundation sample but it worked great. I ended up getting a foundation sample from Sephora to try out of the Amazonian Clay foundation.
- Clinique gel moisturizer – I LOVE this moisturizer. I have some samples to get thru but its almost always in my rotation.
- 2 Mac Next to Nothing foundation samples – I really like this foundation but I prefer the powder.
- Sephora scrub – I use these when I take off face masks. I tend to go thru them every 6 months. I have repurchased.
- T-Maxx No Frills Vanilla bourbon Custard – I really liked this juice and have purchased it in a 120 ml bottle.
- This bottle came from Twisted 420s line but I cant remember the flavor. I would not repurchase.
- Lemon Twist Pink Punch Lemonade – I did like it and have repurchased another 60 ml bottle.
Did you finish anything up?