Here are my thoughts on my February empties:
- Keratin conditioner – I did not see an improvement using this product.
- Rodial toning spray – I had this in my samples project. I didnt hate using this toner, but I won’t go out of my way to purchase this.
- Mario badescu cleanser – I had this in my samples project. I did enjoy using this and once I get thru the other cleansers I have, I would consider purchasing it.
- Not Your Mothers Leave in Conditioner – This had a pleasant smell, but I didnt see any benefit using this versus not using it.
- Nivea Lotion – While I did like how moisturizing this lotion was, I did not like it in a potted package.
- Vasanti Brighten Up Exfoliating Cleanser – I did enjoy this and worked thru 2 samples.
- Urban Decay Setting Spray – It did set my makeup in place the entire day, but so does my less expensive Ulta brand.
- BareMinerals Complexion Rescue – LOVE this product. I have a full sized tube and had forgotten about this small sample.
- Mac Prep + Prime – This was a nice primer to use in the cooler months when my skin isnt as oily.
- Model Co Powerlash mascara – This was in my make-up use up project. I did like this mascara.
- Palladio liquid eyeliner – This was in my make-up use up project. I LOVE this eyeliner. I always repurchase.
- Chella eyebrow pencil – This was in my make-up use up project. This shade was too light for me
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer – I did like how it made my skin feel. The scent was pleasant.
- Nivea In Shower Body lotion – While I liked the way this smelled, I did not like having to rinse it off.
- Plumes of Hazard Way Up Here (120 ml / 30 ml bottle) – Its safe to say that I like this e-liquid. My next purchase will be the Limeaid version however.
- Scope Maddscope – MY ADV without a doubt.
- Vaseline Intensive Care lotion – I liked this lotion for in my purse.
There are just days when we need to wear makeup, but we dont want to put forth the time and effort to go ‘all out’. Today, Im going to share with you what products I use for those days.
I have not included skin care products I use everyday. And I did not include my primer, which can change based on how my skin is acting, as well as the weather that day.
The first items are my complexion products. It will probably surprise no one that my most used product is the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue. This ‘bb’ type gel is perfect if you like a light to medium coverage, and if you want to keep a more dewy finish, do not set it with a powder. I personally like setting it with the bareMinerals Mineral Veil loose powder because I get oily throughout the day. I use a stippling brush to apply the Complexion Rescue and a fluffy goat hair brush to dust the Mineral Veil over top.
I like using the bareMinerals 5 in 1 bb cream eyeshadow on light make up days. This also is used as an eye primer on my regular make up days. I like the shade ‘Barely Nude’ for both purposes. Just put a dot or two on your eyelid and pat with your finger to apply.
The one item I can’t do without is eyeliner. The Ulta brand gel liner is a great value and it performs better than some drug store brands. I got a few pencils during Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty sale for $5 (I believe they are $12 usually).
The last product is the Trestique lip crayon. You can use whatever your favorite lip product is. I usually wear whatever tinted lip balm I have on hand, but the Trestique brand is long lasting.
So, those are the products I use on no makeup makeup days. What products do you use?
I buy Target Beauty Boxes and included in those boxes is a coupon for $3 off a $15 beauty related purchase. This month I decided to have a mini Elf haul and repurchase some of my favorite items, as well as try out a couple new things. Elf has always been one of those brands you can experiment with. Their most well-known items are under $3 and I tend to stick with the cult favorites.
I really like picking up the eyeliner brushes whenever I can. I picked up 4 this time around. Ive been hearing good things about their blending brushes, so I picked up the two I saw.
The Elf eyeliner is one of my favorites as is the Elf brow pomade and shadow duo. The white eyebrow stick is something I haven’t tried before.
The makeup remover pen is one of my holy grail products. These things are mini miracle workers. Just make sure to keep the tip clean to lengthen the longevity. I also love the acne fighting gel. This is another mini miracle. It almost works over-night to get rid of blemishes. The Elf eye refresh is something I really enjoy using to give my eye area a little pep start.
Let me know what your favorite Elf products are!
A month ago I posted my 9 Samples to Spring panning project. (See post here if you missed it: 9 Samples to Spring )
I have used up all but a small amount of the Mario Badescu cleanser (this will probably be done by the end of the week), one of the tubes of Mac’s Prep + Prime, and the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue.
I think Ive done great considering Ive only been using these products for a month.
I will begin this post by just admitting flat out that my favorite makeup brand is BareMinerals. I don’t think that Ive ever used a product from them that I didn’t like. So, last week when I saw they had free shipping, I jumped at the chance to get a new kit.
I have had my eyes on this kit for about a month. It comes with Prime Time foundation primer, mineral veil finishing powder, a face brush, and a concealer brush already included. You get your choice of what type of foundation product, an additional face brush, a concealer or brightener, and a complexion product.
As you can see by the photo below, I chose the BarePro foundation, a blush, an eye primer (brightener), and I chose another face brush (it telescopes!)
I am so close to finishing up my CoverGirl powder foundation so I definitely needed something to replace it. Considering BarePro foundation is about $30, this kit was a complete deal ($89) especially factoring in the price of their face brushes.
Let me know what you think about BareMinerals!
Since August I have been using the Foxy shadow as my eye primer setting powder and I hit pan on it this morning! Its not a huge pan by any means but hitting pan on an Urban Decay shadow is incredible.
The pan is on the upper right side and its very small, but here it is!