We might have a few days left of the month, but Im ready to post my empties for May.
It was a great month for finishing things up for me. Last month I was able to finish $101.54 worth of product!!
My skin is still incredibly dry, which allowed me to really enjoy using up the samples from my recent skincare project and I was able to finish up one of my perfume samples this month.
I also finished my first full size mascara for this year. I opened it back in January when I got it in my Allure beauty box. I had only used samples of the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara prior and wanted to see if they were similar (many mascaras have an issue with this). The formula did seem similar to me.
Did you finish any products this month?
Its hard to believe that we are now into the 2nd quarter of the year.
I have finished 8 products so far this year, and one that unfortunately expired.
The latest items were/are:
- I finished the Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer last month. Im replacing it with the Ulta Lilac Breeze Body Lotion – 1 large bottle and 3 small bottles. Ive been working on the large bottle for over a year.
- I finished the Laura Geller Lip Scrub. Im replacing it with the Tarte Lip Facial. This is one of my favorite lip scrubs.
- My Aurora X Ipsy concealer expired. Im replacing this with BareMinerals Stroke of Light. I have only used this a few times, but so far Im liking it.
- I finished the Anastasia Brow Wiz. Im replacing it with Maybelline Brow Precise. I had used this brow pencil on and off, but its time to use it up.
Are you doing a rolling project? If so, how are you doing?
My apologies for not having this up yesterday, but time got away from me.
I realize that I did an end of year declutter but after watching LizzieLovesLife’s video on decluttering her expired/old products, I decided I really needed to take a better look thru my collection. I didnt want to start off the year/decade with expired products.
Its a shame that so many products in my collection were showing signs of their age. Some stopped performing (but I thought I could make them work) and others are simply expired.
I have also decided that I will be decluttering my ABH Modern Renaissance and Subculture palettes at the end of the year. I have progress on both palettes but I dont think they will perform by next year. I am trying to hit pan on every shadow this year.
I also have 4 lipsticks that didnt even make it into my collection that I will be giving to my daughter in law. (Not pictured) I didnt outright pay for them. They came in subscription boxes last month and so I wont be factoring them into any of my totals since the subscription box is already accounted for in my yearly budget.
After adding up the values, the amount shown in the photo below is $167.05.
I have decided to do another rolling project pan as well as continue to work thru my perfumes.
I will be doing this years project a little different than in the past. I will be doing 10 body care products and 10 Makeup products. I will be rolling in new items as I finish.
For Body Care, I will be working on:
- Hand Cream – Dionis White Jasmine & Shea hand cream
- Foot Care – Lush Pink Peppermint foot cream
- Dry Shampoo – R&Co Badlands paste
- Body Lotion – jojoba oil
- Lip Scrub – Laura Geller
- Eye Care – Ulta eye gels
- Face Mask – Elemis thousand flower mask
- Lip Product – Sephora Lip Balm
- Cleanser – Clean and Clear Morning Burst
- Perfume – Elizabeth and James Nirvana rollerball
For Makeup, I will be working on:
- Primer – Dr Brandt Luminizer
- Concealer – Aurora X Ipsy
- Powder Foundation – BareMinerals Matte
- Liquid Foundation – Maybelline Matte and Poreless
- Powder – Essense All About Matt
- Setting Powder – Cover FX powder
- Blush – Tarte Paarty
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
- Brow Gel – Chella
- Eyeliner – Ulta Double sided (Black side only)
I will also be continuing to work on using my perfumes. This year, Ill be concentrating on trying to use up two rollerballs and at least one deluxe sized mini. I hope to finish 10 decanted samples. (I finished 33 of these last year.)
I also want to hit pan on at least 20 eyeshadows this year.
Are you planning on doing a project pan this year?
Last year I decided to go on a low buy/no buy but did not have a concrete plan. I exceeded the amount I planned to spend, so this year, I am making a plan.
I have a strict guidelines for myself for 2020. I will only be replacing products I run out of, but will allow myself a splurge item for my birthday.
I have subscribed to FabFitFun as well as the Allure Beauty Box and those items will be counted as beauty purchases in my yearly spreadsheet. I plan on keeping the Allure box thru June, but may obviously cancel prior to then. Should I cancel the Allure box, I will not be subscribing to any other beauty box for the remainder of the year.
I plan on buying the reusable bamboo type makeup rounds sometime this year. I have a back stock of cotton rounds so this purchase will be made sometime this summer.
I will also be looking at what Ulta has in their 21 Days of Beauty. They have offered the Tarte lip paints in years prior and I will be looking to repurchase one that Ive been using for awhile.
Products I will need to repurchase:
- Laura Mercier loose setting powder – I just finished up a deluxe sample and this will be what I purchase for my birthday in June.
- Clinique Pretty Easy Liquid Eye liner – This is my favorite liquid liner. I have some Elf liners to use before I purchase this.
- Mascara (Either Mac, Clinique, or Charlotte Tilbury) – I have enough mascaras to get me thru most of the year, but if Ulta has any of these on sale, I will be buying one at that time.
- Cleanser (Loreal and Origins) – I have a bunch of cleansers to finish but Ill need to purchase sometime near the end of the year.
- Setting Spray – Ill need to purchase sometime this summer.
- Beauty Sponges – I have enough sponges to get thru spring/summer but I think Ill need to purchase sometime around October.
Im sure there are other items I will need as the year goes on, but I will not purchase until I am almost out of what I have on hand. I should not need to purchase any skin care this year, but if I happen to run out of something, I will make a purchase for what I need.
So, are you going on a low buy or no buy this year? Have you made plans to cut down on your spending?
I havent done a declutter since April and the items that have expired or didnt work for me have been accumulating. I figured the best time to get rid of these items is before the New Year.
None of these products will be passed along.
Some notable products in this declutter are:
- Ive been using the Elf brow wax for about two years and its now giving me a rash where its applied. Its inexpensive but it went bad before I could finish it.
- 10 of these products are liquid lips or lip balms. Only two were purchased – the others were in a beauty box of some type.
- Ive also had 5 Lorac eyeshadows and a travel sized Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer expire.
- My Stila glitter and glow shadow dried up before I could finish it as well.
The estimated total for all of the items I am decluttering is $127!
My end of year total for makeup and skincare products decluttered is $264!!
I will be doing a more strict no buy (replacements only) next year. My only non-replacement product will be for my birthday. But my 2020 plans will be outlined in a January post.
Will you be doing a declutter before the New Year? What things are you saying goodbye to?
Its been awhile since Ive done a Whats in my Bag post and Ive been absolutely in love with my Coach Cassie Crossbody bag! (The bag in the link is not my bag just a very close version)
Ive been using this bag almost non stop since I purchased her a little over a month ago. Ive always wanted a Louis Vuitton Pochette Metis but I cannot justify spending that much money on a purse. The Cassie is so similar and Im a huge fan of Coach and $350 is a LOT less money than $2,230!
Despite its ‘small’ footprint, this bag can hold quite a bit! There are three compartments with the center compartment featuring a slip pocket and zippered pocket. In the photo above, you will see how I have maximized my space with several small goods.
You can see how much I can get away with carrying! I have my sunglasses (I have Vera Bradley prescription sunglasses), my Altoids, Skittles, Lorna Doone cookies, and an energy bar (I love snacks), Kleenex, L’Occitane hand lotion, Ulta blotting sheets, a Coach mirror, Louis Vuitton 4 ring key holder, my favorite Tarte lipstick (Festival), wet wipes, lens cleaners and several small goods.
In the black coin purse I carry my earbuds and adaptor and in the larger vanilla coin purse I carry cards that I dont want in my card holder. There are coins in the smaller coin purse and the Chanel VIP wallet holds my drivers license, insurance card, and paper money.
What do you have in your bag? Have you recently splurged on a new one?
Last year I decided to do a traditional Project 10 Pan and as of May, I have finished 10 products!!!
If you forgot, I have finished the:
- MUFE Primer
- UD Naked Basics (Foxy) shade
- UD Naked Basics (WOS) shade
- MUFE Foundation Sample
- Essence Make Me Brow
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick (Rosegold)
- Stila Glitter and Glow (Kitten)
- Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
- Marc Jacobs Highliner
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Foundation
I am beyond thrilled that I was able to finish these products!
I havent finished any other project pan products since May even though I have tried. I took a month off of panning, especially since my Spring into Summer project was a complete fail.
And Im back with a ‘NEW” Project 10 Pan that will hopefully be as successful as the first half of the year.
The products I will be working on are (some have been rolled back into this project):
- Ulta eye primer*
- Mac Oil Control Lotion*
- Becca First Light Priming Filter*
- Essence Make Me Brow
- Laura Geller Lip Strip
- Sephora Lip Balm
- BareMinerals Concealer
- Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder
- Elf Brow Wax*
- BareMinerals Lasting Line
- *Denotes prior project inclusion
Have you been actively panning this year? Have you been successful?
(Ignore the weird graph below)
My apologies to those who were expecting a post last week. Its always crazy around the 4th of July for us.
Last month I concentrated on perfume and foil samples. I was able to finish 4 of my perfume samples and many skincare foils.
This months empties total is $70.39!!
Did you finish anything last month?
For July I am going to be concentrating on finishing up a lot of the deluxe sized face masks I had begun for the May Mask Challenge.
My birthday is next week (the 19th) and after receiving those emails with the coupons/codes, I decided to make some purchases.
Most of my purchases were skin care related.
I purchased some sheet masks, facial sprays and a Peter Thomas Roth brush on sunscreen from Ulta. I really enjoyed the Neutrogena sheet masks so I stocked up on those. I wanted to try some watermelon based skin care, so Im trying out the Ulta brand.
I chose the Drunk Elephant birthday gift from Sephora. I really have been enjoying the Peter Thomas Roth mask sample I have, so I purchased it in the full size. The Sephora lip infusions are $3 each and I really enjoy the two I already have. I also chose a Sephora brow product that might have been $3. I chose the Tarte lip balm from my VIB points, and the Moschino perfume (the windex bottle) was a code you put in if you spent $25-35. The other items were samples (they are all perfume samples).
My local BareMinerals store closed a few months ago so I didnt think I would get the free birthday shadow this year. I have sold/decluttered all of my other loose shadows from BareMinerals because I dont use them. However, this year I was able to choose which shade I wanted (out of three). I chose the Queen Phyllis shade because it makes for a great inner corner highlight. I also purchased a mini concealer (Im actually almost finished the one that has been in my project pan.) as well as a cream shadow. Both were in their sale section.
I won’t say how much I spent. (its not pretty) Ive been doing so well on my low-buy / no buy until now. HOWEVER, I am no where close to how much I spent last year and Ive been using quite alot up this year.
Have you been trying to spend less this year? Did you splurge for your birthday?