Last year I decided to do a traditional Project 10 Pan and as of May, I have finished 10 products!!!
If you forgot, I have finished the:
- MUFE Primer
- UD Naked Basics (Foxy) shade
- UD Naked Basics (WOS) shade
- MUFE Foundation Sample
- Essence Make Me Brow
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick (Rosegold)
- Stila Glitter and Glow (Kitten)
- Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
- Marc Jacobs Highliner
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Foundation
I am beyond thrilled that I was able to finish these products!
I havent finished any other project pan products since May even though I have tried. I took a month off of panning, especially since my Spring into Summer project was a complete fail.
And Im back with a ‘NEW” Project 10 Pan that will hopefully be as successful as the first half of the year.
The products I will be working on are (some have been rolled back into this project):
- Ulta eye primer*
- Mac Oil Control Lotion*
- Becca First Light Priming Filter*
- Essence Make Me Brow
- Laura Geller Lip Strip
- Sephora Lip Balm
- BareMinerals Concealer
- Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder
- Elf Brow Wax*
- BareMinerals Lasting Line
- *Denotes prior project inclusion
Have you been actively panning this year? Have you been successful?
(Ignore the weird graph below)
My birthday is next week (the 19th) and after receiving those emails with the coupons/codes, I decided to make some purchases.
Most of my purchases were skin care related.
I purchased some sheet masks, facial sprays and a Peter Thomas Roth brush on sunscreen from Ulta. I really enjoyed the Neutrogena sheet masks so I stocked up on those. I wanted to try some watermelon based skin care, so Im trying out the Ulta brand.
I chose the Drunk Elephant birthday gift from Sephora. I really have been enjoying the Peter Thomas Roth mask sample I have, so I purchased it in the full size. The Sephora lip infusions are $3 each and I really enjoy the two I already have. I also chose a Sephora brow product that might have been $3. I chose the Tarte lip balm from my VIB points, and the Moschino perfume (the windex bottle) was a code you put in if you spent $25-35. The other items were samples (they are all perfume samples).
My local BareMinerals store closed a few months ago so I didnt think I would get the free birthday shadow this year. I have sold/decluttered all of my other loose shadows from BareMinerals because I dont use them. However, this year I was able to choose which shade I wanted (out of three). I chose the Queen Phyllis shade because it makes for a great inner corner highlight. I also purchased a mini concealer (Im actually almost finished the one that has been in my project pan.) as well as a cream shadow. Both were in their sale section.
I won’t say how much I spent. (its not pretty) Ive been doing so well on my low-buy / no buy until now. HOWEVER, I am no where close to how much I spent last year and Ive been using quite alot up this year.
Have you been trying to spend less this year? Did you splurge for your birthday?
I have to say that I had a very good month of May. I was able to finish up several deluxe makeup and skin care products.
If you aren’t following my blog or my Instagram, you might not be aware that I am doing the May Mask Challenge by Lisa Stevens so this month of empties is a bit skin care heavy. My goal was to mask 15 times in May, but I managed to mask 24 days!
A major standout to me is the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Mask! You can’t beat the price and it made my skin feel so moisturized. I have very oily skin and most masks just make my skin feel slimy, but the Neutrogena Hydro Boost mask was outstanding. The serum just sunk right into my skin and it did not slide around like others have. You HAVE to try it!
This months empties total is $97.90!!
Did you participate in the May Mask Challenge?
I currently have three projects running. Im doing a Project 10 Pan, A Spring into Summer Project, and a Rocky Horror Picture Show based project. Im doing pretty great at my Project 10 Pan, but I have to admit Im slacking on the others so far.
Project 10 Pan Update:
I have finished my Tarte mascara and Marc Jacobs eyeliner. This makes 9 products in this project panned.
I will be adding in the:
- R&Co Badlands dry shampoo paste – Ive only used this a handful of times but its the oldest dry shampoo I have. Its a deluxe size so it will be easier to pan than my full size dry shampoos.
- YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer – This is the oldest primer I have and its also a deluxe size. I still have the smallest amount of primer Im still working on but Ill be starting this one very soon.
- BareMinerals 5 in 1 cream eyeshadow (Luminous Pearl) – This is the oldest cream shadow in my collection and Id like to use it up before it expires. It looks great on its own as well as with brightening other shadows.
Spring into Summer Update:
So far I have only finished the three of four decanted perfume samples. I have been making progress on the Becca primer and the Bareminerals concealer. The Makeup Forever foundation is going slower than I thought it would. Im currently using it as a concealer for under my eyes but its a thicker consistency so only a small amount is necessary.
Rocky Horror Picture Show Update:
I only recently started this project but I have already finished the Boscia mask. I have added in the Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal mask and have been using it in the May Mask Challenge from Lisa Stevens. I don’t have a lot left and Im fairly certain Ill have this finished by the end of the month.
How are you doing on your projects? Have you been making any progress?
Let me know in the comments!
I cannot believe it is already April! This year is flying by.
I have really been trying to use up all of my old deluxe samples and foil packets that have been accumulating the past couple of years.
This month I was able to finish up a makeup ‘foil’, 2 body wash deluxe sample bottles, a shampoo sample, two face masks, a cleanser and a deodorant sample! I also finished off three perfume samples – one was even put in a recent project!
This months empties total is $112.99!
What did you finish up last month? Did you recently use up a difficult product?
As you may know (if you read my blog regularly) I have been doing a rolling project pan that will go on all year. However, I love participating in seasonal projects as well. I was recently watching a video from Jacks Lorraine and was inspired to do my own take on her project/themes.
I will be starting this project on March 20th and running until June 21st. (First day of Spring until the first day of Summer). I know I won’t finish some of the products Ive chosen, but Id like to get some use out of them.
- Oldest: Mac Studio Fix powder foundation (NC15) – This is my oldest foundation. As you can see, I do have a dip and Id like to hit pan.
- Challenging: Mac Let’s Skate paint pot – Paint Pots are a challenge. Even painterly can take about 2 years to finish, and that’s with using it everyday. There is a dip in this product, and I would just like to see some progress.
- Seasonal: Becca First Light Priming Filter – This is a deluxe sample that I received in a Sephora play. I should be able to finish this by summer.
- Neglected: BareMinerals Correcting Concealer (Light 1) – I have almost half of this finished and would really like to have it done this year, so if I don’t finish it by June, I may roll this into my year round project.
- Easy: Makeup Forever Matte Velvet Skin Foundation (Y205) – This is also a deluxe sample from a Sephora Play box. I should not have any issue finishing this. This is one of the lightest shades Ive ever tried but Im actually this pale during winter, so it shouldn’t be a problem using.
I also wanted to throw in some perfume samples Ive accumulated. If you look at my recent empties posts, you will see that I am regularly using them up. I still have quite the perfume sample collection and really want to use them up.
- Chanel – Gabrielle
- Tokyo Milk – Awaken Within
- Philosophy – Amazing Grace
- Emporio Armani – Because It’s You
Are you doing any seasonal projects? Would you like to join in on this one? If so, make sure to tag me in your posts!
As you can see by the photo, I did not finish a lot of products, but I did finish up some staples. I was able to finish one of my favorite shampoos (Ion brand) as well as a now discontinued conditioner. Im actually working my way thru some deluxe samples before I open a full size shampoo and conditioner, and you can see a shampoo sample from L’Occitane as well as two body washes (I actually liked the Aveeno body wash so much that I have already purchased a full size).
My grand total for the month of February is $168.66
I wanted to put a spotlight on the Nutrition Now MultiVites gummies. I received these for free for review but liked them so much that I purchased them. Surprisingly, these were only $12 on Vitacost’s website.
Did you finish up anything last month? Are you keeping track of the cost?