I currently have three projects running. Im doing a Project 10 Pan, A Spring into Summer Project, and a Rocky Horror Picture Show based project. Im doing pretty great at my Project 10 Pan, but I have to admit Im slacking on the others so far.
Project 10 Pan Update:
I have finished my Tarte mascara and Marc Jacobs eyeliner. This makes 9 products in this project panned.
I will be adding in the:
- R&Co Badlands dry shampoo paste – Ive only used this a handful of times but its the oldest dry shampoo I have. Its a deluxe size so it will be easier to pan than my full size dry shampoos.
- YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer – This is the oldest primer I have and its also a deluxe size. I still have the smallest amount of primer Im still working on but Ill be starting this one very soon.
- BareMinerals 5 in 1 cream eyeshadow (Luminous Pearl) – This is the oldest cream shadow in my collection and Id like to use it up before it expires. It looks great on its own as well as with brightening other shadows.
Spring into Summer Update:
So far I have only finished the three of four decanted perfume samples. I have been making progress on the Becca primer and the Bareminerals concealer. The Makeup Forever foundation is going slower than I thought it would. Im currently using it as a concealer for under my eyes but its a thicker consistency so only a small amount is necessary.
Rocky Horror Picture Show Update:
I only recently started this project but I have already finished the Boscia mask. I have added in the Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal mask and have been using it in the May Mask Challenge from Lisa Stevens. I don’t have a lot left and Im fairly certain Ill have this finished by the end of the month.
How are you doing on your projects? Have you been making any progress?
Let me know in the comments!
I cannot believe it is already April! This year is flying by.
I have really been trying to use up all of my old deluxe samples and foil packets that have been accumulating the past couple of years.
This month I was able to finish up a makeup ‘foil’, 2 body wash deluxe sample bottles, a shampoo sample, two face masks, a cleanser and a deodorant sample! I also finished off three perfume samples – one was even put in a recent project!
This months empties total is $112.99!
What did you finish up last month? Did you recently use up a difficult product?
As you may know (if you read my blog regularly) I have been doing a rolling project pan that will go on all year. However, I love participating in seasonal projects as well. I was recently watching a video from Jacks Lorraine and was inspired to do my own take on her project/themes.
I will be starting this project on March 20th and running until June 21st. (First day of Spring until the first day of Summer). I know I won’t finish some of the products Ive chosen, but Id like to get some use out of them.
- Oldest: Mac Studio Fix powder foundation (NC15) – This is my oldest foundation. As you can see, I do have a dip and Id like to hit pan.
- Challenging: Mac Let’s Skate paint pot – Paint Pots are a challenge. Even painterly can take about 2 years to finish, and that’s with using it everyday. There is a dip in this product, and I would just like to see some progress.
- Seasonal: Becca First Light Priming Filter – This is a deluxe sample that I received in a Sephora play. I should be able to finish this by summer.
- Neglected: BareMinerals Correcting Concealer (Light 1) – I have almost half of this finished and would really like to have it done this year, so if I don’t finish it by June, I may roll this into my year round project.
- Easy: Makeup Forever Matte Velvet Skin Foundation (Y205) – This is also a deluxe sample from a Sephora Play box. I should not have any issue finishing this. This is one of the lightest shades Ive ever tried but Im actually this pale during winter, so it shouldn’t be a problem using.
I also wanted to throw in some perfume samples Ive accumulated. If you look at my recent empties posts, you will see that I am regularly using them up. I still have quite the perfume sample collection and really want to use them up.
- Chanel – Gabrielle
- Tokyo Milk – Awaken Within
- Philosophy – Amazing Grace
- Emporio Armani – Because It’s You
Are you doing any seasonal projects? Would you like to join in on this one? If so, make sure to tag me in your posts!
As you can see by the photo, I did not finish a lot of products, but I did finish up some staples. I was able to finish one of my favorite shampoos (Ion brand) as well as a now discontinued conditioner. Im actually working my way thru some deluxe samples before I open a full size shampoo and conditioner, and you can see a shampoo sample from L’Occitane as well as two body washes (I actually liked the Aveeno body wash so much that I have already purchased a full size).
My grand total for the month of February is $168.66
I wanted to put a spotlight on the Nutrition Now MultiVites gummies. I received these for free for review but liked them so much that I purchased them. Surprisingly, these were only $12 on Vitacost’s website.
Did you finish up anything last month? Are you keeping track of the cost?
Ah, the first empties of the year!
As I had mentioned in my previous post, I will be doing my empties a bit different this year. I will also be keeping track of the cost used. In some instances, the cost will be estimated. Most of these will be for items I received in monthly subscription boxes, so cost might be determined to be $2-5 each. I will be including foil packets in my empties, but for the most part, I will not be estimating the price.
My grand total for January’s empties is: $ 366.67
The SK-II Essense sells for $240 in Sephora, so that explains the large total for the month. My initial impression using this essence was negative but this product really came thru during the colder months. I would suggest those with dry skin but I would not purchase due to the cost.
What did you finish up last month?
My apologies for the delay in posts. For some reason, when I draft a post, it doesnt publish them the first go-around.
I feel like I did not finish a lot up in September, but I did manage to finish some full size items, so thats a win in my book.
- Tresemme Reverse System Shampoo and Conditioner – I received this from Influenster about 2 years ago, and it took me forever to get thru. I was not impressed by this and conditioning my hair before shampooing did not make sense some times. The shampoo smelled nice but I would not purchase.
- Isoprophyl Alcohol – I use this stuff for everything. I sanitize my makeup, vape stuff as well as use this to clean the glass in my home. Ive already purchased and began using the next bottle.
- OPI Avojuice Sweet Lemon Sage body lotion – I LOVE this lotion so much! I even cut it up to use every last bit. I purchased 3 of these at the time, so Im working on one and have one still for back up.
- Cotton Rounds – I get these from the dollar store. I mostly use these to get off my eye makeup. I always have backups.
- Anna Sui perfume sample – I believe I received this back when I still got Birchbox. I did not care for it but I did finish the sample.
- Amore Pacific moisturizer – I put this in my Halloween Project Pan and Im happy to say that its done. If I had dry skin, this would be a great moisturizer.
- Mario Badescu Night Cream – This was also in my Halloween Project Pan. I did like using this as a night cream, but its more suited for those with dry skin.
- Sunday Riley CEO Serum – This was also an item in my Halloween Project Pan. Im still using the CEO moisturizer from this line. I was not impressed with this serum, but its a foil packet and its difficult to determine what something like this does for your skin with one or two uses.
- Strivectin Neck Cream – I LOVE this! I have a small sample to get thru but its a definite repurchase. I love what using this has done for the appearance of my neck wrinkles.
- Color Pop Super Shock Shadow in Glow – I LOVED this shadow. It was great for no makeup days to just put on my lid to brighten the appearance of my eyes. Unfortunately, this dried up.
- BareMinerals Lash Domination mascara – I like both versions of this mascara but the wand on this variation suits my eye shape better. I would purchase once Im done with the mascaras I have on hand.
- Benefit They’re Real mascara – I liked this the first couple of times I used it, but it seemed to get really gloopy. By about a month into using this, it because super difficult to work with.
- Garnier Skinactive Micellar Cleanser – I ended up using this cleanser in the shower as a short face wash because it made my skin feel super tight. This did not remove my makeup. Odd because their regular micellar water does a fine job at removing my makeup.
- Claritin Ready Tabs – Already repurchased because Im allergic to living.
- Mac eye shadow remover – I like getting these as add ons when I make my purchases. I go between loving this and hating it. I do not have any more of these in my collection.
- Sephora eye makeup remover – LOVE this. Its a great affordable eye makeup remover. I would repurchase if I did not have the Neutrogena brand as back ups.
- Glam Glow SuperMud mask – LOVE this mask and I would purchase once I go thru the ton of masks I have on hand.
- TMaxx Vanilla Bourbon Custard – This is not a flavor I thought Id ever like but here I am – done a 120 ml bottle. I would repurchase but as with everything else, I have other juices to finish.
- Deadline Limeaid and Abetting – This was my last bottle. Right now there aren’t making it anymore and Im truly sad about it. Come back POH juices!!!
What were you able to finish?
I recently received a 20% off coupon from Ulta. Even though I am on a low-buy, I needed to order a couple of items. Ulta also had a few gifts with purchase that I really wanted, so I placed an order.
Here is what I ordered…
- Ulta/Z-Palette collaboration – I already have 3 of these z-palettes and wanted a fourth. I am addicted to depotting, so I was in need of another.
- Loreal Hydrfresh toner – Im almost done the Clinique toner I placed in my project pan so this will be a replacement once that is done. I love this toner and Ive yet to find another that I like as much.
- Ulta Cooling Eye Gel Masks – These are $3.00 each and Ulta had a buy two-get two deal, so I have four packs with this order.
Gifts With Purchase:
- Its a 10 Styling Potion – I have yet to try this but I like so many of their other products, that adding this to my cart was a no-brainer.
- BareMinerals Skinlongetivy Serum – This is my HG serum. I just opened the one I had recently purchased, so this one will be used once I finish that.
- Loreal Pure Clay Cleanser – I like the masks from Loreal, so I look forward to seeing how this is.
- Stila Mascara – Im always down to try a new mascara. I think this one is the Extreme Lash?
Did you receive a 20% off coupon from Ulta? Did you buy anything?