Since Ive accumulated some items since I decluttered earlier this year, I decided that I need to do it again.
- BareMinerals Serum and eye cream foil packet samples – I already have a full size of the Skinlongevity serum and I am working thru some eye creams now so I didnt need this sample card.
- Loreal Revitalift serum and cream – Ive tried a few samples of this before and did not like the product.
- Belif mask – I already have masks I like so I decided to pass this sample on.
- Versace Dylan Blue – This scent is not one I like.
- Sum Bum self tanning towelette – I do not tan. I would never keep up with it and Im so fair skinned, that these products make me look odd.
- Oil of Olay sculpting cream – Im not sure what this is, but I dont particularly like Oil of Olay products.
- Smashbox primer – I have a travel size of this, so the foil packet is unnecessary.
- Tom Ford Neroli Portofino – I did not like this scent.
- Novex curl shampoo – I have super straight fine hair so I am giving it to my daughter in law because she has naturally curly hair.
- Loreal Revitalift moisterizer – I do not like this line of products.
- it Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye – This sample is too dark for me to use.
- BareMinerals Skinlongevity Serum deluxe sample – I already have the full size.
- BareMinerals brush – I ordered one to gift to my daughter in law.
- Ulta lip gloss – I dont use lip gloss.
- it Cosmetics CC cream – This sample is too dark for me to use.
- Dr Jart Ceradmidin cream – My skin is much to oily to use a cream this heavy.
- Lancome Eyeliner – I have enough eyeliner to last me three lifetimes.
- Mark loose eyeshadow – I am decluttering alot of my single shadows.
- Smashbox trio – These are shades I will never use.
- Ven Effect – I will never use this.
- Olay X micro peel – I dont like Olay products.
- Balance Me Under eye cream – This product is tinted and is far too dark for me to use under my eyes.
- Purple lip balm – I dont remember this brand (got it in an Ipsy) but I dont wear purple.
- Shiseido sunscreen lotion – I already have a sunscreen I wear.
- BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lipstick – I dont usually wear lipstick and this shade is much too red for me.
By the time of posting, these items have already been given to my daughter in law. She was really excited to try these items out.
I apologize for not having any posts last week. I caught whatever bug was going around and couldn’t hit the Publish button.
If you havent been following along, here is my original post describing what products I plan on using up this year. MakeUp Use Up 2017
The products I was able to finish were:
- BareMinerals Mineral Veil (deluxe)
- BareMinerals Lash Domination (both samples)
- Powerlash Mascara
- Elf Liquid Liner
- Eyeko Fat Liner
- Eyeko Liner
- Palladio Liner
- Chella Eyebrow pencil in Tantalizing Taupe
The products I decluttered were:
- Beautique Lip Crayon (too frosty on my lips)
- Covergirl Lip Liner in Raisin (dried out)
I have hit pan on Foxy in my Urban Decay Naked basics palette and have moved on to WOS. I am also using Venus as a brow highlight as well as inner corner highlight.
I also have good progress on my LOC shadow stick and the BareMinerals 5 in one cream eyeshadows.
Im pretty pleased with my progress so far, but the rest of the products will be a bit slower to finish than some of the ‘gimmes’ I put into this project. Im hoping to update again the beginning of July.
I am so excited about my progress in using up my makeup this year.
Yesterday I hit pan on my BareMinerals Correcting Concealer. I did not put this concealer into a project pan, but this is the product I use to cover up blemishes. I only use concealer a couple times a week because I tend to get ready in a hurry in the mornings.
Don’t mind the stray hair. My cat apparently likes to conceal her blemishes too. 🙂
Here are my thoughts on my February empties:
- Keratin conditioner – I did not see an improvement using this product.
- Rodial toning spray – I had this in my samples project. I didnt hate using this toner, but I won’t go out of my way to purchase this.
- Mario badescu cleanser – I had this in my samples project. I did enjoy using this and once I get thru the other cleansers I have, I would consider purchasing it.
- Not Your Mothers Leave in Conditioner – This had a pleasant smell, but I didnt see any benefit using this versus not using it.
- Nivea Lotion – While I did like how moisturizing this lotion was, I did not like it in a potted package.
- Vasanti Brighten Up Exfoliating Cleanser – I did enjoy this and worked thru 2 samples.
- Urban Decay Setting Spray – It did set my makeup in place the entire day, but so does my less expensive Ulta brand.
- BareMinerals Complexion Rescue – LOVE this product. I have a full sized tube and had forgotten about this small sample.
- Mac Prep + Prime – This was a nice primer to use in the cooler months when my skin isnt as oily.
- Model Co Powerlash mascara – This was in my make-up use up project. I did like this mascara.
- Palladio liquid eyeliner – This was in my make-up use up project. I LOVE this eyeliner. I always repurchase.
- Chella eyebrow pencil – This was in my make-up use up project. This shade was too light for me
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer – I did like how it made my skin feel. The scent was pleasant.
- Nivea In Shower Body lotion – While I liked the way this smelled, I did not like having to rinse it off.
- Plumes of Hazard Way Up Here (120 ml / 30 ml bottle) – Its safe to say that I like this e-liquid. My next purchase will be the Limeaid version however.
- Scope Maddscope – MY ADV without a doubt.
- Vaseline Intensive Care lotion – I liked this lotion for in my purse.
There are just days when we need to wear makeup, but we dont want to put forth the time and effort to go ‘all out’. Today, Im going to share with you what products I use for those days.
I have not included skin care products I use everyday. And I did not include my primer, which can change based on how my skin is acting, as well as the weather that day.
The first items are my complexion products. It will probably surprise no one that my most used product is the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue. This ‘bb’ type gel is perfect if you like a light to medium coverage, and if you want to keep a more dewy finish, do not set it with a powder. I personally like setting it with the bareMinerals Mineral Veil loose powder because I get oily throughout the day. I use a stippling brush to apply the Complexion Rescue and a fluffy goat hair brush to dust the Mineral Veil over top.
I like using the bareMinerals 5 in 1 bb cream eyeshadow on light make up days. This also is used as an eye primer on my regular make up days. I like the shade ‘Barely Nude’ for both purposes. Just put a dot or two on your eyelid and pat with your finger to apply.
The one item I can’t do without is eyeliner. The Ulta brand gel liner is a great value and it performs better than some drug store brands. I got a few pencils during Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty sale for $5 (I believe they are $12 usually).
The last product is the Trestique lip crayon. You can use whatever your favorite lip product is. I usually wear whatever tinted lip balm I have on hand, but the Trestique brand is long lasting.
So, those are the products I use on no makeup makeup days. What products do you use?
A month ago I posted my 9 Samples to Spring panning project. (See post here if you missed it: 9 Samples to Spring )
I have used up all but a small amount of the Mario Badescu cleanser (this will probably be done by the end of the week), one of the tubes of Mac’s Prep + Prime, and the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue.
I think Ive done great considering Ive only been using these products for a month.
I will begin this post by just admitting flat out that my favorite makeup brand is BareMinerals. I don’t think that Ive ever used a product from them that I didn’t like. So, last week when I saw they had free shipping, I jumped at the chance to get a new kit.
I have had my eyes on this kit for about a month. It comes with Prime Time foundation primer, mineral veil finishing powder, a face brush, and a concealer brush already included. You get your choice of what type of foundation product, an additional face brush, a concealer or brightener, and a complexion product.
As you can see by the photo below, I chose the BarePro foundation, a blush, an eye primer (brightener), and I chose another face brush (it telescopes!)
I am so close to finishing up my CoverGirl powder foundation so I definitely needed something to replace it. Considering BarePro foundation is about $30, this kit was a complete deal ($89) especially factoring in the price of their face brushes.
Let me know what you think about BareMinerals!