I have to say that I had a very good month of May. I was able to finish up several deluxe makeup and skin care products.
If you aren’t following my blog or my Instagram, you might not be aware that I am doing the May Mask Challenge by Lisa Stevens so this month of empties is a bit skin care heavy. My goal was to mask 15 times in May, but I managed to mask 24 days!
A major standout to me is the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Mask! You can’t beat the price and it made my skin feel so moisturized. I have very oily skin and most masks just make my skin feel slimy, but the Neutrogena Hydro Boost mask was outstanding. The serum just sunk right into my skin and it did not slide around like others have. You HAVE to try it!
This months empties total is $97.90!!
Did you participate in the May Mask Challenge?
I currently have three projects running. Im doing a Project 10 Pan, A Spring into Summer Project, and a Rocky Horror Picture Show based project. Im doing pretty great at my Project 10 Pan, but I have to admit Im slacking on the others so far.
Project 10 Pan Update:
I have finished my Tarte mascara and Marc Jacobs eyeliner. This makes 9 products in this project panned.
I will be adding in the:
- R&Co Badlands dry shampoo paste – Ive only used this a handful of times but its the oldest dry shampoo I have. Its a deluxe size so it will be easier to pan than my full size dry shampoos.
- YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer – This is the oldest primer I have and its also a deluxe size. I still have the smallest amount of primer Im still working on but Ill be starting this one very soon.
- BareMinerals 5 in 1 cream eyeshadow (Luminous Pearl) – This is the oldest cream shadow in my collection and Id like to use it up before it expires. It looks great on its own as well as with brightening other shadows.
Spring into Summer Update:
So far I have only finished the three of four decanted perfume samples. I have been making progress on the Becca primer and the Bareminerals concealer. The Makeup Forever foundation is going slower than I thought it would. Im currently using it as a concealer for under my eyes but its a thicker consistency so only a small amount is necessary.
Rocky Horror Picture Show Update:
I only recently started this project but I have already finished the Boscia mask. I have added in the Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal mask and have been using it in the May Mask Challenge from Lisa Stevens. I don’t have a lot left and Im fairly certain Ill have this finished by the end of the month.
How are you doing on your projects? Have you been making any progress?
Let me know in the comments!
Its close to halfway thru the year already! Ive said it multiple times already, but this year is flying by.
This past month I really concentrated on finishing up deluxe samples / travel size items in my collection. A couple of products were even put into project pans (perfume samples, face mask, and cleanser) so Ill have to do some updating on those projects next week.
As you can see, I had a foil sample of the Tatcha Water Cream and I can’t wait to get more of this! I was only able to get one use out of the sample I have here, but I do have two deluxe sample sizes waiting to use. My skin REALLY liked this and I might have to open those samples up sooner rather than later 🙂
This months empties total is $44.94!
Were you able to finish anything last month?
I know a lot of project panners start their fall project pans after the summer projects end, but I wanted to do one that incorporated some longer term products. While thinking about how to use some of my older products, I decided maybe do a Halloween inspired project. So, I decided to do a Rocky Horror Picture Show themed project that will end on October 31st.
This project will be based on the soundtrack for the Rocky Horror Picture Show. If you were around in the 80s, you will no doubt remember attending midnight shows where audience participation included singing all of the songs (as well as much more I won’t give away here). These days, screenings that allow audience participation are few and far between (as well as shadow casts) but when you do find a showing, it’s usually around Halloween.
I have chosen 5 songs from the soundtrack and picked items to go with lines of the song.
- Over at the Frankenstein Place – I have chosen my Mac Trolls Play it Proper highlighter because of the line ‘Theres a light’ in this song. During this song, audience members squirt water pistols and hold up lighters (these days its a flashlight). I only want to use this highlighter more. I don’t even have a dip in it but I have started to wear away the troll in the product. Id love to hit pan, but that might be a stretch.
- I can Make you a Man – I have chosen my Elf daily hydration moisturizer because part of the line is ‘In just seven days’ and you wear moisturizer seven days a week.
- TouchA TouchA Touch Me – Im choosing a cleanser because of the line ‘I Want to Feel Dirty’ and you need to cleanse. Ive chosen my travel size Origins Checks and Balances frothy face wash. This is one of my favorite cleansers.
- Rose Tint my World / Wild and Untamed Thing – Ive chosen the Stila Glitter and Glow in Smoldering Satin. This one is a deluxe sample size that came in a set of three. Glitter should always make you feel wild and untamed 🙂
- Im Going Home – I just have to say that this is a fantastic song and shows Tim Curry’s vocal abilities. I have chosen the Boscia luminizing black mask because most of us mask at home. This is a peel off mask and its a deluxe sample size. Ive used it a couple times but Id like to finish it.
Should I finish any products, I will add in items that fit with the theming I have already set in this project (i.e. If I finish the mask, Ill add in another mask)
I love seasonal projects, so I hope you will join in this one with me! If you do decide to participate, please leave me a link to your post so we can follow each others progress!
I will be posting a photo on IG with the hashtag #RHPSProjectPan (My IG is @JustSheilz if you want to follow me there)
For some reason, I thought I finished more than this last month, but the proof is in the pudding-as they say.
Here are the products I finished:
- Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub – I dont go through these as often in the summer, but I always have a backup.
- White Could cotton balls – I used these mainly for nail polish. I have a backup but its the dollar store brand if I remember correctly.
- Neutrogena eye makeup remover – One of my favorite makeup removers. I do have a backup, but Im using some samples Ive received first.
- Clinique facial cleanser – I believe this is my last one. I would not repurchase. I like other facial cleansers better.
- Korres cleanser – I did not like this at all.
- Glam Glow Supercleanse – I liked this but I think Im allergic to something in it because my face gets swollen every time I use it.
- Skin & Co truffle eye cream – This was ok. I prefer other eye gels/creams to this.
- Sephora brush cleanser – I love this stuff. Its a bit cheaper than the beauty blender cleanser and does a fine job cleaning my brushes.
- Cotton Rounds – I use these for toner and removing my eye makeup. I get them at the dollar store and I usually have backups.
- Erno Lazlo eye masks – I got these from Influenster to review and wanted a treat. I like these but I cant justify the cost.
- Covergirl Lashblast – Not my favorite Covergirl mascara, but I like it.
- Doucce <sp> mascara – This was a very wet formula that really coated the lashes, but it got way too goopy too quick.
- Ole Henriksen Night Gel – I did not like this.
- Bonine – I get motion sickness. Enough said.
- SKII Essense – This was too easy to use. Not enough of an improvement over my Loreal toner to justify the cost. Would not purchase. This was a project pan item.
- Sunday Riley CEO serum – I do not like this. I have another foil packet to finish in my current project pan.
- Origins Ginzing Moisturizer – This was ok. I wouldnt go out of my way to purchase. This was a project pan item.
- L’Occitane Divine Eyes – I liked this but its pricy. This was a project pan item.
- Clockwork Custard – not really my style of juice but it was alright. It was nice to try.
- Savage Marcellus (Lemon Tart) – I really liked this juice and the site always does sales, but never includes this juice in their bundles.
- Cloud Kiss – This is a juice from TiaVapes on youtube. It was a light strawberry cake batter. It was really good.
- The Cake Shoppe Pound It – OMG Lemon Pound cake in vape form! I can finally get that sweet tooth craving without adding the calories!
- ScopeJuice – Oatmeal Cookie wonderfulness 🙂 My readers know Ive been vaping this for a couple years now.
Did you finish anything last month?
Ive been seeing this tag going around on youtube and decided it was time to start another project myself. As usual, Im focusing on my samples of skin care. Im also combining foil samples with my deluxe samples in this one.
Here are the items Im going to be working on:
- Origins Ginzing Moisturizer – Ive tried this in the past and liked it. This sample should be done after 2 uses.
- L’Occitane Gel – I have never tried this, but got these when I got my Advent box.
- Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil – Ive only ever used this in foil samples so I know I dont hate it.
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. Serum – Ive never tried this, and Im hoping these two foil samples are enough to form an opinion.
- Philosophy Purity Pore Extractor – I love a good exfoliator 🙂 Im hoping I love this.
- Amore Pacific Moisturizer – Ill be using this as my day moisturizer.
- L’Occitane Creme – I received this sample at the same time as my others. I have not tried this product, and Ill be saving this moisturizer for last because I just found a few larger samples of this as Im writing this post.
- Mario Badescu Night Cream – This is the moisturizer Ill be using at night. Its the oldest deluxe sample I have. I generally like the Mario Badescu items Ive tried (and Ive repurchased his facial cleansers many times), so I have high hopes for this item.
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. Moisterizer – Ill be using this in conjunction with the serum samples for its full benefits. So far, Ive liked most of the Sunday Riley line Ive used.
- Kate Somerville Exfolikate – I have a couple foil packets and deluxe sample of this. I have not tried it, but many people with similar oily skin as I have, have raved about this.
- SK-II Essense – Ive never taken Essences seriously because I already use a toner that I love. And this one better perform miracles considering the high cost.
- Olay Whip Moisturizer – I usually do not like Olay products because they tend to feel heavy on my skin, so I have high hopes for something containing whip in the name.
- L’Occitane Eye Cream – I got this sample with the others and need to use it up.
I hope you will be using up your items along with us!
February was the month of finishing up alot of odds and ends types of products.
Im actually surprised I finished all of this.
- Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub (Original Shea) – I love these scrubs and go between this scent and the coconut lime.
- Clinique Toner – I had this in my recent project pan. I do not like this toner and was glad it was a product I went thru quick.
- Steve Laurant Liquid Eyeliner – This was also in my recent project pan. It was a decent liquid eyeliner. If it were readily available, I would repurchase.
- Erno Lazlo Eye Serum Mask – I received these from Influenster and really liked them. I have a couple left to use. I dont think Id repurchase because I have eye masks that are less expensive.
- OPI Avojuice (Sweet Lemon Sage) – This is one of my most favorite lotions. It sinks in quickly and keeps my skin moisturized all day.
- Sunday Riley Martian Toner – Ive been wanting to try some Sunday Riley products but they are so expensive. I was glad when I was standing in a line at Sephora and the sales associates handed me these. All in all, I do not like this toner. (Its green – hence the name Martian)
- Pur Big Look Mascara – I did not like this mascara because the wand was too large for my eyes. Not only that, but it flaked an hour after application.
- Son & Park Beauty Water – I really liked this toner until I found out how much it cost. Im fine using my Loreal toner.
- Origins Plantscription Eye Cream – I liked this eye cream. It had a nice texture. This makes the list of eye creams I would repurchase.
- Mac Cleanse Off Oil – I like these samples from Mac. This oil works fine to remove eye makeup. I dont need to purchase since everytime I make an order from Mac, I toss this in my cart.
- Loccitane Shampoo & Conditioner – I received this in my advent calendar and I really enjoyed the scent. This did absolutely nothing for my hair, so I would not repurchase.
- Formula 10.0.5 Pores be Pure Mud Mask – This was another product from my project pan. I did not like this mask at all. I didnt like the scent and it irritated my skin — and theres not many things that do that.
- Ulta beauty sponge – This sponge looked a bit worse for wear. I have repurchased.
- Deadline Limeaid and Abetting 120 ml – One of my all day vapes.
- Scope Madd Scope 100 ml – My all day vape.
- Maddcatt Sweet Strawberry Lemon 30 ml – This is an older e-juice that I found in my ‘stash’ that I finished. I would not repurchase because strawberry liquids taste like soap to me now.
- TMaxx No Frills Lemon Pound Cake 30 ml – This was a good enough e-juice but I would not repurchase because it was not lemon-y enough for me.
- POH Mast Tea 30 ml – This is an older e-juice found in my stash that I just needed to finish before it went ‘bad’. I would repurchase, but I prefer that Limeaid and Abetting from the Deadline line more.
- Mighty Vapors Hulk Tears 60 ml – This is an excellent juice to mix things up. Its a watermelon based e-liquid. I actually have repurchased and am roughly halfway done that bottle.
Did you finish anything last month?