For some reason, I thought I finished more than this last month, but the proof is in the pudding-as they say.
Here are the products I finished:
- Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub – I dont go through these as often in the summer, but I always have a backup.
- White Could cotton balls – I used these mainly for nail polish. I have a backup but its the dollar store brand if I remember correctly.
- Neutrogena eye makeup remover – One of my favorite makeup removers. I do have a backup, but Im using some samples Ive received first.
- Clinique facial cleanser – I believe this is my last one. I would not repurchase. I like other facial cleansers better.
- Korres cleanser – I did not like this at all.
- Glam Glow Supercleanse – I liked this but I think Im allergic to something in it because my face gets swollen every time I use it.
- Skin & Co truffle eye cream – This was ok. I prefer other eye gels/creams to this.
- Sephora brush cleanser – I love this stuff. Its a bit cheaper than the beauty blender cleanser and does a fine job cleaning my brushes.
- Cotton Rounds – I use these for toner and removing my eye makeup. I get them at the dollar store and I usually have backups.
- Erno Lazlo eye masks – I got these from Influenster to review and wanted a treat. I like these but I cant justify the cost.
- Covergirl Lashblast – Not my favorite Covergirl mascara, but I like it.
- Doucce <sp> mascara – This was a very wet formula that really coated the lashes, but it got way too goopy too quick.
- Ole Henriksen Night Gel – I did not like this.
- Bonine – I get motion sickness. Enough said.
- SKII Essense – This was too easy to use. Not enough of an improvement over my Loreal toner to justify the cost. Would not purchase. This was a project pan item.
- Sunday Riley CEO serum – I do not like this. I have another foil packet to finish in my current project pan.
- Origins Ginzing Moisturizer – This was ok. I wouldnt go out of my way to purchase. This was a project pan item.
- L’Occitane Divine Eyes – I liked this but its pricy. This was a project pan item.
- Clockwork Custard – not really my style of juice but it was alright. It was nice to try.
- Savage Marcellus (Lemon Tart) – I really liked this juice and the site always does sales, but never includes this juice in their bundles.
- Cloud Kiss – This is a juice from TiaVapes on youtube. It was a light strawberry cake batter. It was really good.
- The Cake Shoppe Pound It – OMG Lemon Pound cake in vape form! I can finally get that sweet tooth craving without adding the calories!
- ScopeJuice – Oatmeal Cookie wonderfulness 🙂 My readers know Ive been vaping this for a couple years now.
Did you finish anything last month?
Ive been seeing this tag going around on youtube and decided it was time to start another project myself. As usual, Im focusing on my samples of skin care. Im also combining foil samples with my deluxe samples in this one.
Here are the items Im going to be working on:
- Origins Ginzing Moisturizer – Ive tried this in the past and liked it. This sample should be done after 2 uses.
- L’Occitane Gel – I have never tried this, but got these when I got my Advent box.
- Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil – Ive only ever used this in foil samples so I know I dont hate it.
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. Serum – Ive never tried this, and Im hoping these two foil samples are enough to form an opinion.
- Philosophy Purity Pore Extractor – I love a good exfoliator 🙂 Im hoping I love this.
- Amore Pacific Moisturizer – Ill be using this as my day moisturizer.
- L’Occitane Creme – I received this sample at the same time as my others. I have not tried this product, and Ill be saving this moisturizer for last because I just found a few larger samples of this as Im writing this post.
- Mario Badescu Night Cream – This is the moisturizer Ill be using at night. Its the oldest deluxe sample I have. I generally like the Mario Badescu items Ive tried (and Ive repurchased his facial cleansers many times), so I have high hopes for this item.
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. Moisterizer – Ill be using this in conjunction with the serum samples for its full benefits. So far, Ive liked most of the Sunday Riley line Ive used.
- Kate Somerville Exfolikate – I have a couple foil packets and deluxe sample of this. I have not tried it, but many people with similar oily skin as I have, have raved about this.
- SK-II Essense – Ive never taken Essences seriously because I already use a toner that I love. And this one better perform miracles considering the high cost.
- Olay Whip Moisturizer – I usually do not like Olay products because they tend to feel heavy on my skin, so I have high hopes for something containing whip in the name.
- L’Occitane Eye Cream – I got this sample with the others and need to use it up.
I hope you will be using up your items along with us!
February was the month of finishing up alot of odds and ends types of products.
Im actually surprised I finished all of this.
- Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub (Original Shea) – I love these scrubs and go between this scent and the coconut lime.
- Clinique Toner – I had this in my recent project pan. I do not like this toner and was glad it was a product I went thru quick.
- Steve Laurant Liquid Eyeliner – This was also in my recent project pan. It was a decent liquid eyeliner. If it were readily available, I would repurchase.
- Erno Lazlo Eye Serum Mask – I received these from Influenster and really liked them. I have a couple left to use. I dont think Id repurchase because I have eye masks that are less expensive.
- OPI Avojuice (Sweet Lemon Sage) – This is one of my most favorite lotions. It sinks in quickly and keeps my skin moisturized all day.
- Sunday Riley Martian Toner – Ive been wanting to try some Sunday Riley products but they are so expensive. I was glad when I was standing in a line at Sephora and the sales associates handed me these. All in all, I do not like this toner. (Its green – hence the name Martian)
- Pur Big Look Mascara – I did not like this mascara because the wand was too large for my eyes. Not only that, but it flaked an hour after application.
- Son & Park Beauty Water – I really liked this toner until I found out how much it cost. Im fine using my Loreal toner.
- Origins Plantscription Eye Cream – I liked this eye cream. It had a nice texture. This makes the list of eye creams I would repurchase.
- Mac Cleanse Off Oil – I like these samples from Mac. This oil works fine to remove eye makeup. I dont need to purchase since everytime I make an order from Mac, I toss this in my cart.
- Loccitane Shampoo & Conditioner – I received this in my advent calendar and I really enjoyed the scent. This did absolutely nothing for my hair, so I would not repurchase.
- Formula 10.0.5 Pores be Pure Mud Mask – This was another product from my project pan. I did not like this mask at all. I didnt like the scent and it irritated my skin — and theres not many things that do that.
- Ulta beauty sponge – This sponge looked a bit worse for wear. I have repurchased.
- Deadline Limeaid and Abetting 120 ml – One of my all day vapes.
- Scope Madd Scope 100 ml – My all day vape.
- Maddcatt Sweet Strawberry Lemon 30 ml – This is an older e-juice that I found in my ‘stash’ that I finished. I would not repurchase because strawberry liquids taste like soap to me now.
- TMaxx No Frills Lemon Pound Cake 30 ml – This was a good enough e-juice but I would not repurchase because it was not lemon-y enough for me.
- POH Mast Tea 30 ml – This is an older e-juice found in my stash that I just needed to finish before it went ‘bad’. I would repurchase, but I prefer that Limeaid and Abetting from the Deadline line more.
- Mighty Vapors Hulk Tears 60 ml – This is an excellent juice to mix things up. Its a watermelon based e-liquid. I actually have repurchased and am roughly halfway done that bottle.
Did you finish anything last month?
Here are the products I have emptied in the month of December:
- Ion shampoo – I use this to wash my hair only when Im using a semi-permanent dye. I have two backups left but I would repurchase if it still performs after those bottles are empty.
- Cotton pads – I use these to remove makeup and for toner. I believe I still have one or two more packs but I would repurchase. I get these at the dollar store so they are a great value.
- Purlisse charcoal face mask – I got this in a subscription box and usually do not like sheet masks, but this one was great!
- Fresh clay mask – I was not impressed by this especially after seeing it hyped on youtube. I believe I might have a deluxe sample in my skin care drawer tho, but I would not purchase.
- Loreal Hydrafresh Toner – I love this stuff. It takes forever to go thru and its so inexpensive, so its a great value. I would repurchase but I have to get thru a Clinique toner first.
- Shea Moisture shampoo and conditioner – I HATED this and ended up dumping out the conditioner because it did nothing for my hair. Would not purchase.
- Degree deodorant – This is my deodorant of choice and I have already repurchased.
- Garnier micellar water – I love this stuff. I have some eye makeup removers and Sephora micellar waters to finish but I would repurchase once Ive finished those.
- Origins eye cream – I did not like this. I think it caused me to get little bumps under my eyes.
- Makeup Forever serum – I got this in a Sephora play box. I put it in an Advent panning project. I wasnt impressed but the sample only lasted a handful of applications.
- Strivectin eye cream – I did like this while I was using it, but I wouldnt repurchase due to how expensive it is.
- Michael Todd Beauty toner – I did not like this. Would not purchase.
- Origins night cream – I did not like this. Would not purchase.
- Korres yogurt moisturizer – This sample only lasted a week but I was not impressed. Would not purchase.
- Sephora moisturizer – I really like this. Ive received a few foils packs and have enjoyed. I would purchase but I have a drawer full of moisturizers to use up.
- GlamGlow supermud mask – I LOVE these and would purchase if they weren’t so expensive. I have a drawer full of skin care to use before I can think of purchasing more of these.
- SeaBreeze astringent – I LOVE this stuff. I know its horrible for the skin but Ive used this for years. I have a liter bottle that I just refill this container with.
- Lush Volcano foot mask – This was a sample and I did purchase a full size thats pictured here also. I would repurchase because it made my feet feel so good!
- Real Chemistry skin peel – I did not like this. The scent was off putting as well.
- Purity cleanser – I did like this but not enough to purchase over any other cleanser.
- Origins Checks and Balances – LOVE this cleanser! I have a travel size in my backups.
- Ipsy points reward – this was a brush cleaner, but it was so small that I could only fit my eye brushes. Would not purchase based on this ‘sample’
- BareMinerals Lash Domination liquid eyeliner – I really liked this liquid liner and would repurchase once I finish the other liners I have in my backups.
- Essense lash princess mascara – I like both of the Essense mascaras and would repurchase, but I have so many backup mascaras to use up first.
- Hempzilla CBD gummies – I got these when I purchased my CBD extract. Ive been trying to find some relief from FM and SLE symptoms and wanted to see for myself if they worked.
- Dolce & Golbanna light blue perfume sample – LOVE this perfume. Received this sample in a sample bundle from Ulta. I already have a rollerball.
- Delectable body lotion – I did not like this for my body, and used it as a hand lotion instead. It was okay as a hand lotion. Would not go out of my way to purchase tho.
- Scope MaddScope and Deadline Limeaid and Abetting – My two favorite e-juices. No empties would be complete without it.
- Tree Hut scrubs in Shea and Coconut Lime – I use one of these a month. LOVE them and have backups of both.
Did you use up anything in December?
I love panning projects where entire communities come together and participate. This one is no exception. This project was created by Jacquelyn Lovene on youtube (Jacquelyn Lovene). There are loads of other channels as well as instagram accounts participating in this project.
Since I am not actively panning anything at the moment, I decided it would be a perfect time to see if I could get thru some of my deluxe sized and almost-finished skin care items.
In no particular order:
- Strivectin Eye Serum – I love this stuff but its now the oldest eye serum I have. I use this mainly in the mornings.
- Origins Gin-Zing Eye Cream – I started using this at night but stopped out of pure laziness.
- GlamGlow Volcasmic Moisterizer – This is the second or third deluxe sample Ive received in a Sephora Play Box. I opened this right after I got my facial because I needed the extra moisture, and now that the weather is cooling down, it won’t look too greasy on my skin.
- Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask – This was previously in another skin care project but I couldn’t finish it before the weather got hot. Im about half way thru this deluxe sample.
- BareMinerals Skinlongetivity Vital Power Infusion Serum – I LOVE this serum. Im working thru some other serum samples along with using this, but it definitely will be re-purchased.
- Curel Hydratherapy Wet Skin Moisturizer – I like the Jergens version of this more but I probably only have a couple of uses left in this. Ill be glad to see it go.
- Delectable Lotion – This claims to be a body lotion, but my skin needs more moisture than this lotion can give me, so Ive been using it as a hand lotion. Im about a third of the way thru this, but Id like to have this gone by the end of the year.
- Lush Volcano Foot Mask (sample and full size) – My full size has a Use By date of September 27th on it, so I need to really finish this up. Its almost November now!
- Peel off masks Freeman – I have two of these. One is halfway used the other hasnt been opened. Im working on the Sweet Tea & Lemon and I have a Renewing Cucumber.
- Purlisse Charcoal and Licorice Sheet Mask & Flashpatch Eye Hydrogels – Im not a fan of sheet masks but I received this in a subscription box and because the weather has changed a bit, this won’t make me too oily.
- Fresh Umbrian Clay mask & Glam Glow Supermud mask (I have 3 of these) – I prefer this type of mask. I really need to start using the masks I have so I can experiment with some others out there.
- Exfoliants – Real Chemistry 3 minute peel, Skin Inc peel, and Hanalei powder cleanser – These have been sitting around and need to be used up. I think I might have used the deluxe samples once. As with the masks, I want to use these up and move onto other products.
Are you trying to finish up anything before the end of the year?
Since I have just about completed my 9 Samples to Spring Project, I decided that I wanted to do another similar project for the spring season.
This time, I have decided to do a skincare theme because who doesnt want great skin for the summer? So without further ado, here is the list of items I will be attempting to finish by June 20th:
- Lush Pink Peppermint Foot Cream – I LOVE this stuff. I have about 1/4 of the jar left.
- Glamglow Volcasmic Matte Glow Moisturizer – I believe I got this in a kit from Sephora. I havent even opened this yet, but Im excited to try it.
- Embryolisse moisturizer – I got this in a Birchbox. I started using this last summer, but Ive found that its better for me to use during the colder months. Im about halfway thru this sample.
- Ole Henriksen Moisterizer – This was a 100 point perk from Sephora. I really have enjoyed this moisturizer, and Im about halfway thru this small jar.
- Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb moisturizer – This was a 100 point perk from Sephora. Ive only used this a couple times but I did like it.
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask – I got this in a kit from Sephora. I have not opened this yet, but Ive liked other items from Origins.
- Vichy One Step Cleanser – I can’t remember where I got this, but it smells fabulous. I plan on using this as my evening cleanser.
- Estee Edit Dissolve the Drama – I got this in a Sephora Play Box. Ive been trying different cleansing oils lately and Ive only heard good things about this one.
- Clean + Clear Morning Cleanser – Ive had this for awhile and I dont want it to go bad or expire. I only have a small amount left.
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream – I have no idea where this came from. Its in Light/Medium so it might match my skin.
I will be finishing this project on June 20th and will provide monthly progress updates on March 21, April 18, May 23, and the finale on June 20.
Let me know if you have any projects in the lead up to Summer!