Its hard to believe that we are now into the 2nd quarter of the year.
I have finished 8 products so far this year, and one that unfortunately expired.
The latest items were/are:
- I finished the Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer last month. Im replacing it with the Ulta Lilac Breeze Body Lotion – 1 large bottle and 3 small bottles. Ive been working on the large bottle for over a year.
- I finished the Laura Geller Lip Scrub. Im replacing it with the Tarte Lip Facial. This is one of my favorite lip scrubs.
- My Aurora X Ipsy concealer expired. Im replacing this with BareMinerals Stroke of Light. I have only used this a few times, but so far Im liking it.
- I finished the Anastasia Brow Wiz. Im replacing it with Maybelline Brow Precise. I had used this brow pencil on and off, but its time to use it up.
Are you doing a rolling project? If so, how are you doing?
My apologies for my absence last week, but I had some medical issues to attend to.
As some of you might know, Im doing a Project 20 Pan. As I finish an item, Ill be replacing it with another in the same category.
Well, I finished 4 items!
- Hand Cream -Dionis White Jasmine & Shea hand cream. Im actually replacing this with the purse version. I love this hand cream – I might have one more in back up to use up before I move onto other hand creams Ive had in limbo.
- Lotion – jojoba oil and will be replacing it with the Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer. I had to pry the cap off because this bottle was so difficult to squeeze any product out. I love this, but the full size is just too difficult for me to use. I do have a travel size tube in my back ups and I prefer using those due to their ease of use.
- Face Mask – Elemis face mask last month and have replaced it with the NXN Power Detox mask. This one is not my favorite but it is the oldest mask in my stash.
- Eyeliner – Ulta double sided eyeliner (black only) and have replaced it with the Maybelline Unstoppable eyeliner. This eyeliner was my holy grail for many years.
Im pretty sure that I will be able to finish the Dionis hand cream and Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer by the end of March due to how much product Ive already used before neglecting them previously.
Have you used up any items? Are you working thru any older products youve had stored away?
I have decided to do another rolling project pan as well as continue to work thru my perfumes.
I will be doing this years project a little different than in the past. I will be doing 10 body care products and 10 Makeup products. I will be rolling in new items as I finish.
For Body Care, I will be working on:
- Hand Cream – Dionis White Jasmine & Shea hand cream
- Foot Care – Lush Pink Peppermint foot cream
- Dry Shampoo – R&Co Badlands paste
- Body Lotion – jojoba oil
- Lip Scrub – Laura Geller
- Eye Care – Ulta eye gels
- Face Mask – Elemis thousand flower mask
- Lip Product – Sephora Lip Balm
- Cleanser – Clean and Clear Morning Burst
- Perfume – Elizabeth and James Nirvana rollerball
For Makeup, I will be working on:
- Primer – Dr Brandt Luminizer
- Concealer – Aurora X Ipsy
- Powder Foundation – BareMinerals Matte
- Liquid Foundation – Maybelline Matte and Poreless
- Powder – Essense All About Matt
- Setting Powder – Cover FX powder
- Blush – Tarte Paarty
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
- Brow Gel – Chella
- Eyeliner – Ulta Double sided (Black side only)
I will also be continuing to work on using my perfumes. This year, Ill be concentrating on trying to use up two rollerballs and at least one deluxe sized mini. I hope to finish 10 decanted samples. (I finished 33 of these last year.)
I also want to hit pan on at least 20 eyeshadows this year.
Are you planning on doing a project pan this year?
Are you like me and accumulate foil samples? I seem to just put most of them in a drawer – almost never to be seen again.
In the past few years, I have given some samples that weren’t for me to those who might have some use for them, or I have included them into my Poshmark/Mercari sales.
But I really need to use the foil samples I kept because some of these samples have been sitting in a drawer for over a year and might be very close to expiration. I have decided that I will not be obtaining any more samples until all the foil samples have been used up.
As you can see in the photo below – I have several high end foil samples. Some of the brands pictured below include: Algenist, Milk, Mac, Elemis, Clinique, Glamglow. I will be working these into my daily routine until they are all finished.
Do you make it a point to use up the foil samples you get with your orders?
As you can see by the photo, I did not finish a lot of products, but I did finish up some staples. I was able to finish one of my favorite shampoos (Ion brand) as well as a now discontinued conditioner. Im actually working my way thru some deluxe samples before I open a full size shampoo and conditioner, and you can see a shampoo sample from L’Occitane as well as two body washes (I actually liked the Aveeno body wash so much that I have already purchased a full size).
My grand total for the month of February is $168.66
I wanted to put a spotlight on the Nutrition Now MultiVites gummies. I received these for free for review but liked them so much that I purchased them. Surprisingly, these were only $12 on Vitacost’s website.
Did you finish up anything last month? Are you keeping track of the cost?
Today I am testing out a new-to-me primer and foundation. I have a very fair complexion with some hyper pigmentation near my cheekbones. I also have oily skin and I prefer to wear a light to medium coverage foundation with a matte finish.
The primer that I am trying came to me via Sephora Play Box. Its the Make up Forever Step 1 Skin Equalizer. Ive been told that this primer is similar to the Porefessional primer (which I dont really like).
The foundation I am trying is the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation in 110 Porcelain. I will be dabbing on the foundation across my face and then using an Ulta Beauty Sponge to blend it into my skin.
I am very impressed with the Make Up Forever primer. It did not ball up on my skin like the Porefessional has done in the past and really smoothed out my skin. Ill have to use this some more to really make up my mind, but my first impressions about this product are good!
Ive watched some earlier reviews on the Maybelline Fit Me foundation and thats why it took me so long to try this product. Even though this is not a full coverage foundation, I am pleased with the amount of coverage I got using a sponge. It seemed to even everything out and set quickly without using a setting powder.
My powder bronzer and blush applied smoothly on top of this foundation. And, as always, after applying all of my makeup, I sprayed some Fix+ and everything looked great!
I wore this makeup roughly 9-10 hours. It was not the most pressing of days and it wasnt too warm, but it seemed to hold up for the most part. It did wear off around my nose, but thats pretty normal for all face products for me and I did get some ‘shine’ which is also pretty normal. I did not touch up or blot.
Overall, this foundation worked for me – at least for this time of year. It was a medium coverage look but it didnt look too ‘makeuppy’ for me.