Are you like me and accumulate foil samples? I seem to just put most of them in a drawer – almost never to be seen again.
In the past few years, I have given some samples that weren’t for me to those who might have some use for them, or I have included them into my Poshmark/Mercari sales.
But I really need to use the foil samples I kept because some of these samples have been sitting in a drawer for over a year and might be very close to expiration. I have decided that I will not be obtaining any more samples until all the foil samples have been used up.
As you can see in the photo below – I have several high end foil samples. Some of the brands pictured below include: Algenist, Milk, Mac, Elemis, Clinique, Glamglow. I will be working these into my daily routine until they are all finished.
Do you make it a point to use up the foil samples you get with your orders?
I currently have three projects running. Im doing a Project 10 Pan, A Spring into Summer Project, and a Rocky Horror Picture Show based project. Im doing pretty great at my Project 10 Pan, but I have to admit Im slacking on the others so far.
Project 10 Pan Update:
I have finished my Tarte mascara and Marc Jacobs eyeliner. This makes 9 products in this project panned.
I will be adding in the:
- R&Co Badlands dry shampoo paste – Ive only used this a handful of times but its the oldest dry shampoo I have. Its a deluxe size so it will be easier to pan than my full size dry shampoos.
- YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer – This is the oldest primer I have and its also a deluxe size. I still have the smallest amount of primer Im still working on but Ill be starting this one very soon.
- BareMinerals 5 in 1 cream eyeshadow (Luminous Pearl) – This is the oldest cream shadow in my collection and Id like to use it up before it expires. It looks great on its own as well as with brightening other shadows.
Spring into Summer Update:
So far I have only finished the three of four decanted perfume samples. I have been making progress on the Becca primer and the Bareminerals concealer. The Makeup Forever foundation is going slower than I thought it would. Im currently using it as a concealer for under my eyes but its a thicker consistency so only a small amount is necessary.
Rocky Horror Picture Show Update:
I only recently started this project but I have already finished the Boscia mask. I have added in the Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal mask and have been using it in the May Mask Challenge from Lisa Stevens. I don’t have a lot left and Im fairly certain Ill have this finished by the end of the month.
How are you doing on your projects? Have you been making any progress?
Let me know in the comments!
Its close to halfway thru the year already! Ive said it multiple times already, but this year is flying by.
This past month I really concentrated on finishing up deluxe samples / travel size items in my collection. A couple of products were even put into project pans (perfume samples, face mask, and cleanser) so Ill have to do some updating on those projects next week.
As you can see, I had a foil sample of the Tatcha Water Cream and I can’t wait to get more of this! I was only able to get one use out of the sample I have here, but I do have two deluxe sample sizes waiting to use. My skin REALLY liked this and I might have to open those samples up sooner rather than later 🙂
This months empties total is $44.94!
Were you able to finish anything last month?
About two weeks ago I ordered a .25 derma roller from Target. This is the recommended needle depth to allow your skin care to absorb more efficiently and you can use this product everyday/a few times a week. I ordered it from Target for $10.99 + tax but you can find derma rollers from several different places.
Its worth noting that the .25 depth is not used for scar reduction, collagen growth, stretch marks or wrinkle reduction.
I have noticed that most of my skin care is mid-range to high-end and I want it to work at its full advantage. Im not getting any younger and my skin is definitely showing its age with every year.
Its very important to keep the derma roller sanitized prior to and after your treatment and store it in the plastic case that it came with. It is also important that you cleanse your skin before and after treatment. Some recommend using isopropyl alcohol or witch hazel, but I prefer Sea Breeze astringent.
There are many videos on youtube showing how to use your derma roller. I would suggest watching more than one.
Have you tried derma rolling? If you try it after reading this, let me know in the comments.
I know a lot of project panners start their fall project pans after the summer projects end, but I wanted to do one that incorporated some longer term products. While thinking about how to use some of my older products, I decided maybe do a Halloween inspired project. So, I decided to do a Rocky Horror Picture Show themed project that will end on October 31st.
This project will be based on the soundtrack for the Rocky Horror Picture Show. If you were around in the 80s, you will no doubt remember attending midnight shows where audience participation included singing all of the songs (as well as much more I won’t give away here). These days, screenings that allow audience participation are few and far between (as well as shadow casts) but when you do find a showing, it’s usually around Halloween.
I have chosen 5 songs from the soundtrack and picked items to go with lines of the song.
- Over at the Frankenstein Place – I have chosen my Mac Trolls Play it Proper highlighter because of the line ‘Theres a light’ in this song. During this song, audience members squirt water pistols and hold up lighters (these days its a flashlight). I only want to use this highlighter more. I don’t even have a dip in it but I have started to wear away the troll in the product. Id love to hit pan, but that might be a stretch.
- I can Make you a Man – I have chosen my Elf daily hydration moisturizer because part of the line is ‘In just seven days’ and you wear moisturizer seven days a week.
- TouchA TouchA Touch Me – Im choosing a cleanser because of the line ‘I Want to Feel Dirty’ and you need to cleanse. Ive chosen my travel size Origins Checks and Balances frothy face wash. This is one of my favorite cleansers.
- Rose Tint my World / Wild and Untamed Thing – Ive chosen the Stila Glitter and Glow in Smoldering Satin. This one is a deluxe sample size that came in a set of three. Glitter should always make you feel wild and untamed 🙂
- Im Going Home – I just have to say that this is a fantastic song and shows Tim Curry’s vocal abilities. I have chosen the Boscia luminizing black mask because most of us mask at home. This is a peel off mask and its a deluxe sample size. Ive used it a couple times but Id like to finish it.
Should I finish any products, I will add in items that fit with the theming I have already set in this project (i.e. If I finish the mask, Ill add in another mask)
I love seasonal projects, so I hope you will join in this one with me! If you do decide to participate, please leave me a link to your post so we can follow each others progress!
I will be posting a photo on IG with the hashtag #RHPSProjectPan (My IG is @JustSheilz if you want to follow me there)
I cannot believe it is already April! This year is flying by.
I have really been trying to use up all of my old deluxe samples and foil packets that have been accumulating the past couple of years.
This month I was able to finish up a makeup ‘foil’, 2 body wash deluxe sample bottles, a shampoo sample, two face masks, a cleanser and a deodorant sample! I also finished off three perfume samples – one was even put in a recent project!
This months empties total is $112.99!
What did you finish up last month? Did you recently use up a difficult product?
I guess I should start out by just saying – I broke the no buy/low buy. Im going to flatly state that I could not pass up a great deal.
As you might know, Ulta does “21 Days of Beauty” a couple times a year, and there are some fantastic deals in that sale. And, even though there were multiple items I wanted in that sale, I decided to pass them up for one of their ‘Hot Buys”.
As you can see by the photo below, I decided to pick up the Tarte Maracuja Oil because it was $28. Its normally $48 and I really couldn’t pass the deal up. I would be picking this product up in a couple of months, so its best to get it almost half off if I could.
I wanted to try out the Almay Velvet Cream Shadows and they were buy one, get one half off, (One was $7.99 and the other was $4.00) so I got the two pictured below.
I also needed to purchase the Ulta shadow in Petite. I use this to set my eye primer and I have a decent dip in the one Im using and it was $4.00 (its usually $8.00).
My total came to $43.99. I used an Ulta coupon for $3.50 off and used $6.00 in points bringing my order to $42.51 with taxes and shipping.
After looking thru what I spent last year at this time, I can say that I am definitely spending less this year.
I am planning to purchase some things around June (my birthday month) but other than that, I think Im going to do considerably better on spending this year!
Are you doing a No buy / Low buy? Have you stuck to it?