Are you like me and accumulate foil samples? I seem to just put most of them in a drawer – almost never to be seen again.
In the past few years, I have given some samples that weren’t for me to those who might have some use for them, or I have included them into my Poshmark/Mercari sales.
But I really need to use the foil samples I kept because some of these samples have been sitting in a drawer for over a year and might be very close to expiration. I have decided that I will not be obtaining any more samples until all the foil samples have been used up.
As you can see in the photo below – I have several high end foil samples. Some of the brands pictured below include: Algenist, Milk, Mac, Elemis, Clinique, Glamglow. I will be working these into my daily routine until they are all finished.
Do you make it a point to use up the foil samples you get with your orders?
I know a lot of project panners start their fall project pans after the summer projects end, but I wanted to do one that incorporated some longer term products. While thinking about how to use some of my older products, I decided maybe do a Halloween inspired project. So, I decided to do a Rocky Horror Picture Show themed project that will end on October 31st.
This project will be based on the soundtrack for the Rocky Horror Picture Show. If you were around in the 80s, you will no doubt remember attending midnight shows where audience participation included singing all of the songs (as well as much more I won’t give away here). These days, screenings that allow audience participation are few and far between (as well as shadow casts) but when you do find a showing, it’s usually around Halloween.
I have chosen 5 songs from the soundtrack and picked items to go with lines of the song.
- Over at the Frankenstein Place – I have chosen my Mac Trolls Play it Proper highlighter because of the line ‘Theres a light’ in this song. During this song, audience members squirt water pistols and hold up lighters (these days its a flashlight). I only want to use this highlighter more. I don’t even have a dip in it but I have started to wear away the troll in the product. Id love to hit pan, but that might be a stretch.
- I can Make you a Man – I have chosen my Elf daily hydration moisturizer because part of the line is ‘In just seven days’ and you wear moisturizer seven days a week.
- TouchA TouchA Touch Me – Im choosing a cleanser because of the line ‘I Want to Feel Dirty’ and you need to cleanse. Ive chosen my travel size Origins Checks and Balances frothy face wash. This is one of my favorite cleansers.
- Rose Tint my World / Wild and Untamed Thing – Ive chosen the Stila Glitter and Glow in Smoldering Satin. This one is a deluxe sample size that came in a set of three. Glitter should always make you feel wild and untamed 🙂
- Im Going Home – I just have to say that this is a fantastic song and shows Tim Curry’s vocal abilities. I have chosen the Boscia luminizing black mask because most of us mask at home. This is a peel off mask and its a deluxe sample size. Ive used it a couple times but Id like to finish it.
Should I finish any products, I will add in items that fit with the theming I have already set in this project (i.e. If I finish the mask, Ill add in another mask)
I love seasonal projects, so I hope you will join in this one with me! If you do decide to participate, please leave me a link to your post so we can follow each others progress!
I will be posting a photo on IG with the hashtag #RHPSProjectPan (My IG is @JustSheilz if you want to follow me there)
As you may know (if you read my blog regularly) I have been doing a rolling project pan that will go on all year. However, I love participating in seasonal projects as well. I was recently watching a video from Jacks Lorraine and was inspired to do my own take on her project/themes.
I will be starting this project on March 20th and running until June 21st. (First day of Spring until the first day of Summer). I know I won’t finish some of the products Ive chosen, but Id like to get some use out of them.
- Oldest: Mac Studio Fix powder foundation (NC15) – This is my oldest foundation. As you can see, I do have a dip and Id like to hit pan.
- Challenging: Mac Let’s Skate paint pot – Paint Pots are a challenge. Even painterly can take about 2 years to finish, and that’s with using it everyday. There is a dip in this product, and I would just like to see some progress.
- Seasonal: Becca First Light Priming Filter – This is a deluxe sample that I received in a Sephora play. I should be able to finish this by summer.
- Neglected: BareMinerals Correcting Concealer (Light 1) – I have almost half of this finished and would really like to have it done this year, so if I don’t finish it by June, I may roll this into my year round project.
- Easy: Makeup Forever Matte Velvet Skin Foundation (Y205) – This is also a deluxe sample from a Sephora Play box. I should not have any issue finishing this. This is one of the lightest shades Ive ever tried but Im actually this pale during winter, so it shouldn’t be a problem using.
I also wanted to throw in some perfume samples Ive accumulated. If you look at my recent empties posts, you will see that I am regularly using them up. I still have quite the perfume sample collection and really want to use them up.
- Chanel – Gabrielle
- Tokyo Milk – Awaken Within
- Philosophy – Amazing Grace
- Emporio Armani – Because It’s You
Are you doing any seasonal projects? Would you like to join in on this one? If so, make sure to tag me in your posts!
Spoiler alert: I just finished my Laura Mercier caviar stick I had in this project yesterday! So I need to add some products into my project pan.
Old items still to work on are:
- IT Cosmetics CC Foundation
- Stila Kitten Karma
- Marc Jacobs Eyeliner
- Elf tone powder
- ColourPop KathleenLights SS
- Elf Brow Wax
I am adding in:
- Tarte Mascara
- Ulta Eye Primer
- Mac Oil Control Lotion
- Sephora Lip Balm
I am making progress on several of these items and I am so excited to be using them!
Are you doing a rolling project pan? What products are in yours?
Ah, the first empties of the year!
As I had mentioned in my previous post, I will be doing my empties a bit different this year. I will also be keeping track of the cost used. In some instances, the cost will be estimated. Most of these will be for items I received in monthly subscription boxes, so cost might be determined to be $2-5 each. I will be including foil packets in my empties, but for the most part, I will not be estimating the price.
My grand total for January’s empties is: $ 366.67
The SK-II Essense sells for $240 in Sephora, so that explains the large total for the month. My initial impression using this essence was negative but this product really came thru during the colder months. I would suggest those with dry skin but I would not purchase due to the cost.
What did you finish up last month?
For 2019 I will be doing my Empties posts a little different than in the past. I will be including a photo of the empties but I will not be listing every product. Instead, I will be posting the estimated cost of my empties and talking about the standout products Ive used.
I did not finish a lot of items in November, and I slacked off on posting the last couple of months, so I decided to combine November and December’s empties.
Did you finish anything last year?
I decided to do a no-buy next year. I will only be repurchasing items I truly run out of.
So, I did one last haul.
The following photo does not show the makeup items I purchased as gifts for others, nor does it show the curling iron I just purchased to replace one that broke last year.
Will you be joining in on a year long no-buy?