As some of you know, last April I began a project based on the soundtrack to one of my favorite movies, Rocky Horror Picture Show.
I chose 5 songs and products to go along with the theme.
- Over at the Frankenstein Place – Mac Trolls Play it Proper highlighter ~ I wanted to hit pan and I did! I made a whole post about it because I was so excited! I expanded the pan on my highlighter since hitting pan a couple of weeks ago. (See photo below)
- I can Make you a Man – Elf daily hydration moisturizer ~ I did not finish this but Im so close! Had I not used a different night time moisturizer, this product would have been finished. I will continue to use it until its finished.
- TouchA TouchA Touch Me – travel size Origins Checks and Balances frothy face wash. ~ I finished this as well as another travel sized cleanser.
- Rose Tint my World / Wild and Untamed Thing – Stila Glitter and Glow in Smoldering Satin. ~ I almost finished this but it dried out and its being decluttered.
- Im Going Home – Boscia luminizing black mask ~ I finished this mask and ended up finishing other masks since.
These are the products I have left:
Did you do a Halloween project? How did you do?
Edit: This post was supposed to go up last Thursday but we had some connectivity issues and it wouldnt publish. I lost a large bit of this post so thats why its not as detailed as many of my other project introductions.
I decided to do one last project before the end of the year. I wanted to make sure I finished off a lot of samples I had hanging around and use up some older skin care products before the end of the year.
Most of these products will be easy to finish because they are either foil samples or I just have a small amount left.
Will you be doing one last push to finish anything?
Back in April, I began a RHPS Project Pan that will end on Halloween.
One of the products I put into this project is the Mac Cosmetics Play it Proper highlighter. I had barely used this product prior to this project so I just wanted to hit pan. At the time, I didnt even think I would hit pan – but guys…..I HIT PAN!!!!
Yes, this is a spoiler to the RHPS Project Pan, but Im so excited about this. I have never hit pan on a full size highlighter.
My full update on this project will be posted after Halloween but I just could not wait!
Have you ever hit pan or finished a full size highlighter?
Last year I decided to do a traditional Project 10 Pan and as of May, I have finished 10 products!!!
If you forgot, I have finished the:
- MUFE Primer
- UD Naked Basics (Foxy) shade
- UD Naked Basics (WOS) shade
- MUFE Foundation Sample
- Essence Make Me Brow
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick (Rosegold)
- Stila Glitter and Glow (Kitten)
- Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
- Marc Jacobs Highliner
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Foundation
I am beyond thrilled that I was able to finish these products!
I havent finished any other project pan products since May even though I have tried. I took a month off of panning, especially since my Spring into Summer project was a complete fail.
And Im back with a ‘NEW” Project 10 Pan that will hopefully be as successful as the first half of the year.
The products I will be working on are (some have been rolled back into this project):
- Ulta eye primer*
- Mac Oil Control Lotion*
- Becca First Light Priming Filter*
- Essence Make Me Brow
- Laura Geller Lip Strip
- Sephora Lip Balm
- BareMinerals Concealer
- Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder
- Elf Brow Wax*
- BareMinerals Lasting Line
- *Denotes prior project inclusion
Have you been actively panning this year? Have you been successful?
(Ignore the weird graph below)
My apologies to those who were expecting a post last week. Its always crazy around the 4th of July for us.
Last month I concentrated on perfume and foil samples. I was able to finish 4 of my perfume samples and many skincare foils.
This months empties total is $70.39!!
Did you finish anything last month?
For July I am going to be concentrating on finishing up a lot of the deluxe sized face masks I had begun for the May Mask Challenge.
I have to say that I had a very good month of May. I was able to finish up several deluxe makeup and skin care products.
If you aren’t following my blog or my Instagram, you might not be aware that I am doing the May Mask Challenge by Lisa Stevens so this month of empties is a bit skin care heavy. My goal was to mask 15 times in May, but I managed to mask 24 days!
A major standout to me is the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Mask! You can’t beat the price and it made my skin feel so moisturized. I have very oily skin and most masks just make my skin feel slimy, but the Neutrogena Hydro Boost mask was outstanding. The serum just sunk right into my skin and it did not slide around like others have. You HAVE to try it!
This months empties total is $97.90!!
Did you participate in the May Mask Challenge?
Are you like me and accumulate foil samples? I seem to just put most of them in a drawer – almost never to be seen again.
In the past few years, I have given some samples that weren’t for me to those who might have some use for them, or I have included them into my Poshmark/Mercari sales.
But I really need to use the foil samples I kept because some of these samples have been sitting in a drawer for over a year and might be very close to expiration. I have decided that I will not be obtaining any more samples until all the foil samples have been used up.
As you can see in the photo below – I have several high end foil samples. Some of the brands pictured below include: Algenist, Milk, Mac, Elemis, Clinique, Glamglow. I will be working these into my daily routine until they are all finished.
Do you make it a point to use up the foil samples you get with your orders?