Since its the beginning of December, its time to go thru some of my ‘trash’ again. Here are the items Ive finished up in November:
- Neutrogena wipes – These are my favorite makeup wipes. This is my last pack so Ill have to purchase soon.
- Ponds wipes – These were ok. They removed my makeup fabulously, but they made my face feel oily.
- Freeman masks – I dont like the packaging on these, and Im fairly certain the full size comes in a tube. I did like how they left my skin feeling.
- Patchology eye masks – I got these in a subscription box and did not like them. Would not recommend.
- Hask shampoo and conditioner – I really liked this shampoo and conditioner. It made my hair feel nice and the scent was great.
- Bareminerals Skinlongevity Serum – My holy grail serum! I have repurchased.
- Lush Volcano foot mask – This was a sample and after one use, I purchased a full size. I forgot I had these. This stuff is messy but my feet feel great after.
- Glamglow moisturizer – I loved the consistency of this moisturizer, but my skin is far too oily to use this year round.
- Glamglow supermud mask – My favorite mask! I love how this smells and it seems to correct my oiliness for a day or so.
- Dior Diorshow mascara – I liked the formula of this mascara, but the scent was too overpowering.
- Curel Hydratherapy moisturizer – I like the Jergens better. This seemed to have a really unpleasant scent.
- It’s a 10 leave in conditioner – My favorite conditioner! This makes my hair smell great too.
- Bareminerals powder foundation – I love bareminerals powder foundations! This was just a sample size.
- -417 hand moisturizer – I really liked this for my hands. It sunk it and even lasted thru hand-washing.
- Coola setting spray – This made my makeup last but it smelled like straight sunscreen.
- Essence Lash Princess mascara – This is a great mascara but I like the pink one better.
- Bareminerals clay chameleon cleanser – I liked this cleanser but Id rather just keep the clay in face masks.
- Clarispray – I got this from influenster or pinchme for review. Loved it so much Im still using it. If you have nasal allergies, you should try it!
- Claritin ready-tabs – Thank goodness the weather is finally cooling off so I dont have to take allergy meds.
- Deadline limeade and abetting – Yep, another huge bottle gone 🙂
- Scopejuice Maddscope – My absolute favorite e-juice. I have to slow down since my supply is limited at the moment tho, but I will absolutely repurchase!
Did you finish anything this month?
Who doesnt love Advent calendars? Even if you aren’t religious, theres just something about opening a gift everyday.
Recently, I was watching a video from Elle S on youtube. If you aren’t aware, Elle is a project pan youtuber. She found a post on reddit for a Shop your Stash – Project Pan styled Advent calendar. I thought this was a super clever idea!
Heres her video:
My version of this will be using a random number generator using my entire collection. I will skip mascara and items in my current project, should they come up.
- Dec 1 – Michael Todd Beauty blue green algae toner
- Dec 2 – Make Up Forever serum
- Dec 3 – Kate Somerville Exfolikate
- Dec 4 – Mac Prep and Prime primer
- Dec 5 – Tarte Lip Facial
- Dec 6 – Sephora Lip Stain (red)
- Dec 7 – LOC shadow stick
- Dec 8 – Mac paint pot (Let’s Skate)
- Dec 9 – Make Up Forever Step 1 primer
- Dec 10 – Sunday Riley Good Genes
- Dec 11- Benefit Watts Up highlighter
- Dec 12 – Bobbi Brown shadow stick (Golden Pink)
I will be posting Dec 13-24 on Dec 14th. However, I did use the random number generator for Dec 13-14, and they are: The Becca First Light Priming Filter primer and the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue.
Will you join in on this small project?
For all those who celebrate Thanksgiving, Happy Thanksgiving.
Because of the holiday, and most people won’t be online while they are with their families, todays post is going to be something of an inventory. Im not listing products, just the amount in each category.
I do keep a spreadsheet with details on each makeup item I have in my collection, but Im not sure of how to post it here. Quite honestly, I dont know how many people would even be interested in that, but if you are, let me know.
Anyway, here is my makeup collection – by the numbers:
- Primers (mostly deluxe samples) 14
- Eye Primers 3
- Concealers 2
- Liquid Foundation 4
- Powder Foundation 3
- Blush 5
- Bronzers 7
- Highlighters 5
- Setting Powders 3
- Single Eyeshadows (includes depotted palettes) 41
- Stick Shadows 6
- Eyeshadow Palettes 6
- Lip Liners 5
- Lips 23
- Lip Balms 9
- Liquid Eyeliner 6
- Pencil Eyeliners 22
- Gel Eyeliners 2
- Mascaras (mostly deluxe samples) 23
- Brow Products 6
- Setting Sprays 3
Do you keep track of your makeup inventory?
If you are like me, you have a routine for yourself when it comes to skincare and makeup. You know what works for you and you dont want to deviate from those products. You seldom want to try new things. And you certainly dont want to ‘waste’ your money on products that might not work for you.
THATS where the fun of getting subscription boxes comes in.
There is a subscription box for almost everything these days….whether its for your pet, your movie collection, or even for those who collect toys. This post is just going to be about personal care subscriptions.
In the past two years I have tried beauty boxes from Target, Walmart, Ipsy, Birchbox, and Sephora. I dont get the Target or Birchbox beauty boxes any longer, but I did like the items Ive received from them. Most of the boxes I subscribe to are inexpensive (around $10 a month) and contain 5 products.
Ive tried so many products that have become my holy grail due to receiving a deluxe sample in a subscription box.
Do you subscribe to any beauty boxes?
Another month has came and went, so here are my empties for the month of October. I didnt think I used up as much as I did.
- Sesame Street Baby Wipes – Dont laugh! I use baby wipes to clean off my handbags. I do have a replacement, but its not this brand.
- ScopeJuice and Deadline Limeaid and Abetting – These are my two favorite juices to vape. Obviously, I have more!
- Claritin – Despite the fact that its October (now November) I am still having issues with allergies.
- Benefit Kabrow! – I got this sample a while ago and used up the shade that matches my brows. I wouldnt repurchase because I prefer pencils.
- Dr Jart Water Drop Moisterizer – I liked this but I have a ton of moisturizers to work thru.
- Cotton rounds – I use these to take off eye makeup and apply toner. I get mine from the local dollar store and have repurchased.
- Boscia Cleanser – I liked this cleanser and I like how it warms up when you use it, but I have so many cleansers to use up.
- Clinique Dramatically Moisturizer – I love this! This is a great gel moisturizer for those of us with oily skin. I have repurchased.
- Origins clay mask – I enjoyed using this. I do actually have a replacement but my favorite is the GlamGlow.
- 2 Ulta makeup sponges – I like the Ulta brand sponges and find that they do the job but they dont sell the two pack anymore. I have replaced these with another type of sponge Ulta sells.
- Caudalie eye cream – This felt nice on the skin but gave me little bumps under my eyes. I wouldn’t repurchase.
- Clinique mascara/primer – I never used the primer and the mascara dried up very quickly after opening. I wouldn’t repurchase.
- Purity cleanser – Its not my favorite cleanser, but I liked using it on days I didnt need deep cleansing. I have a deluxe sample Im working thru at the moment that I received in a Sephora Play box.
- Vaseline hand cream – I have very dry hands so I love hand creams but this one was greasy feeling.
- Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub (coconut lime) – I love Tree Hut scrubs and rotate between this and the regular Shea scent. I have at least a 6 month supply at all times!
- Sweet Spot wipes – I got these in a pinch me box and Im not impressed. I believe I have two more wipes in my purse. I wouldn’t repurchase.
- Palmers Coconut Oil lotion – I got this in a Target or Walmart beauty box and LOVE this. It smells fantastic. I have a lot of lotions to work thru before I can even think about buying anymore tho.
- Dove body wash – I like Dove body wash, but something wasnt right with this one. It smelled off and had an odd consistency so I decluttered it.
- Brush – This brush looks like it went thru a war. I believe it came from Ulta. I do have a replacement but Im almost certain I got it from Sephora.
Did you finish anything this month?
I love panning projects where entire communities come together and participate. This one is no exception. This project was created by Jacquelyn Lovene on youtube (Jacquelyn Lovene). There are loads of other channels as well as instagram accounts participating in this project.
Since I am not actively panning anything at the moment, I decided it would be a perfect time to see if I could get thru some of my deluxe sized and almost-finished skin care items.
In no particular order:
- Strivectin Eye Serum – I love this stuff but its now the oldest eye serum I have. I use this mainly in the mornings.
- Origins Gin-Zing Eye Cream – I started using this at night but stopped out of pure laziness.
- GlamGlow Volcasmic Moisterizer – This is the second or third deluxe sample Ive received in a Sephora Play Box. I opened this right after I got my facial because I needed the extra moisture, and now that the weather is cooling down, it won’t look too greasy on my skin.
- Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask – This was previously in another skin care project but I couldn’t finish it before the weather got hot. Im about half way thru this deluxe sample.
- BareMinerals Skinlongetivity Vital Power Infusion Serum – I LOVE this serum. Im working thru some other serum samples along with using this, but it definitely will be re-purchased.
- Curel Hydratherapy Wet Skin Moisturizer – I like the Jergens version of this more but I probably only have a couple of uses left in this. Ill be glad to see it go.
- Delectable Lotion – This claims to be a body lotion, but my skin needs more moisture than this lotion can give me, so Ive been using it as a hand lotion. Im about a third of the way thru this, but Id like to have this gone by the end of the year.
- Lush Volcano Foot Mask (sample and full size) – My full size has a Use By date of September 27th on it, so I need to really finish this up. Its almost November now!
- Peel off masks Freeman – I have two of these. One is halfway used the other hasnt been opened. Im working on the Sweet Tea & Lemon and I have a Renewing Cucumber.
- Purlisse Charcoal and Licorice Sheet Mask & Flashpatch Eye Hydrogels – Im not a fan of sheet masks but I received this in a subscription box and because the weather has changed a bit, this won’t make me too oily.
- Fresh Umbrian Clay mask & Glam Glow Supermud mask (I have 3 of these) – I prefer this type of mask. I really need to start using the masks I have so I can experiment with some others out there.
- Exfoliants – Real Chemistry 3 minute peel, Skin Inc peel, and Hanalei powder cleanser – These have been sitting around and need to be used up. I think I might have used the deluxe samples once. As with the masks, I want to use these up and move onto other products.
Are you trying to finish up anything before the end of the year?
Many of us enjoy doing face masks at home, whether they are sheets masks or peel off masks, they give our skin some extra pampering. At some point, you may want to visit a spa for what seems like that extra pampering and get a European facial.
Now, Im not here to talk you out of such a wonderful experience….I just want you to be informed of what could potentially go wrong and how to avoid having a negative experience. There are some very horrible worse-case scenarios posted online about skin reactions, acne, etc and Im not going to cover that here since I dont have first-hand knowledge of that.
What I want you to be knowledgeable about is YOU and YOUR skin when speaking to your esthetician prior to your facial so that you won’t have a negative experience.
You should know your skin type – i.e. oily, dry, combination. You should inform your esthetician what type of products you currently use or that you have had issues with prior to finding what works for you.
Most European facials include a chemical exfoliant that follows the initial cleansing. If you have exfoliated in the 3 days prior to your facial, you may want to inform your esthetician. I personally cannot exfoliate the entire week prior to using a chemical exfoliant because otherwise my face will be beet red for days following the treatment.
If you have breathing problems in humidity, please inform your esthetician. They can modify your facial to use a warm towel or just not place the steam that close to your face.
If you have ANY known allergies, let your esthetician know during your consultation. I have both food and environmental allergies and many products used during your facial may contain these products. Prior to my first facial, I had no idea that products containing cucumber could trigger a ragweed reaction.
Do not hesitate to contact your esthetician or even a physician if you have a reaction to products that were used. The earlier you treat, the quicker you will ‘recover’.