I know a lot of project panners start their fall project pans after the summer projects end, but I wanted to do one that incorporated some longer term products. While thinking about how to use some of my older products, I decided maybe do a Halloween inspired project. So, I decided to do a Rocky Horror Picture Show themed project that will end on October 31st.
This project will be based on the soundtrack for the Rocky Horror Picture Show. If you were around in the 80s, you will no doubt remember attending midnight shows where audience participation included singing all of the songs (as well as much more I won’t give away here). These days, screenings that allow audience participation are few and far between (as well as shadow casts) but when you do find a showing, it’s usually around Halloween.
I have chosen 5 songs from the soundtrack and picked items to go with lines of the song.
- Over at the Frankenstein Place – I have chosen my Mac Trolls Play it Proper highlighter because of the line ‘Theres a light’ in this song. During this song, audience members squirt water pistols and hold up lighters (these days its a flashlight). I only want to use this highlighter more. I don’t even have a dip in it but I have started to wear away the troll in the product. Id love to hit pan, but that might be a stretch.
- I can Make you a Man – I have chosen my Elf daily hydration moisturizer because part of the line is ‘In just seven days’ and you wear moisturizer seven days a week.
- TouchA TouchA Touch Me – Im choosing a cleanser because of the line ‘I Want to Feel Dirty’ and you need to cleanse. Ive chosen my travel size Origins Checks and Balances frothy face wash. This is one of my favorite cleansers.
- Rose Tint my World / Wild and Untamed Thing – Ive chosen the Stila Glitter and Glow in Smoldering Satin. This one is a deluxe sample size that came in a set of three. Glitter should always make you feel wild and untamed 🙂
- Im Going Home – I just have to say that this is a fantastic song and shows Tim Curry’s vocal abilities. I have chosen the Boscia luminizing black mask because most of us mask at home. This is a peel off mask and its a deluxe sample size. Ive used it a couple times but Id like to finish it.
Should I finish any products, I will add in items that fit with the theming I have already set in this project (i.e. If I finish the mask, Ill add in another mask)
I love seasonal projects, so I hope you will join in this one with me! If you do decide to participate, please leave me a link to your post so we can follow each others progress!
I will be posting a photo on IG with the hashtag #RHPSProjectPan (My IG is @JustSheilz if you want to follow me there)
Im posting this a day early because I don’t think Ill be around my computer during the day on Thursday.
Back in February, I posted a declutter, so this may come as a surprise that Im doing another one. I spent the last few days going over my inventory and really cleaning and organizing my collection and found that there were products that really needed to go.
The total for the following items Im decluttering is $49.99! My total for the year to date decluttered is $137.99! That total astounds me and its one of the many reasons Im on a low-buy/no buy this year.
- 2 shadows from a Palladio quad that Im certain was part of one of my first projects posted on my blog. These two shadows keep cracking and its an old quad, so they are gone.
- An Ulta highlighter I received in a kit that Ive never used.
- Metallist Liquid Foil & Glitter Duo from a Sephora Play box I never used. I opened it and its completely dried up.
- A tarte lip paint that was a birthday gift or in a Sephora Play that looks horrible on me. The formula is a bit thick also, so it may be expired.
- 4 Sephora lip stains that I bought as a set that look horrible on me.
- An Urban Decay Afterglow highlighter (Sin) from an Ipsy bag that Ive never used that has to be expired by now.
- Elf Lipstick (Ravishing Rose) that is broken beyond repair.
- A Femme Couture lipstick (Classic Caramel) that was in my first project pan that I lost after using half of it. Im tossing because its old and I have no idea if exposure to the elements may have screwed it up.
- Elf brow that was labeled a dark brown but its actually black and unusable to me. For some reason I threw it back into my collection instead of tossing it then and there.
- This Ulta Mattifying Balm was awesome and I panned almost half of it, but I left it open and now there’s fuzz all over it and that’s gross.
Have you decluttered anything recently?
I cannot believe it is already April! This year is flying by.
I have really been trying to use up all of my old deluxe samples and foil packets that have been accumulating the past couple of years.
This month I was able to finish up a makeup ‘foil’, 2 body wash deluxe sample bottles, a shampoo sample, two face masks, a cleanser and a deodorant sample! I also finished off three perfume samples – one was even put in a recent project!
This months empties total is $112.99!
What did you finish up last month? Did you recently use up a difficult product?
If you have been reading my blog, you will know that I did a 1,000 item declutter last year. I only made it to 800 items last year, but I started in spring so I fell short of that goal. I wanted to declutter more this year, so I began at the start of the year.
I won’t be itemizing everything I decluttered because that would take too long.
Ive decluttered 220 items this quarter!
This includes: magazines, old vape stuff, empty makeup packaging and a few makeup brushes and sponges.
Ive sold makeup bags, skincare that does not suit my skin type, makeup Ive purchased and never used, a pair of Coach slip on shoes, and old wallets and purses.
I think I did great getting rid of items that haven’t been used.
Are you doing a declutter this year? Do you declutter seasonally or do you get rid of things here and there during the year?
I guess I should start out by just saying – I broke the no buy/low buy. Im going to flatly state that I could not pass up a great deal.
As you might know, Ulta does “21 Days of Beauty” a couple times a year, and there are some fantastic deals in that sale. And, even though there were multiple items I wanted in that sale, I decided to pass them up for one of their ‘Hot Buys”.
As you can see by the photo below, I decided to pick up the Tarte Maracuja Oil because it was $28. Its normally $48 and I really couldn’t pass the deal up. I would be picking this product up in a couple of months, so its best to get it almost half off if I could.
I wanted to try out the Almay Velvet Cream Shadows and they were buy one, get one half off, (One was $7.99 and the other was $4.00) so I got the two pictured below.
I also needed to purchase the Ulta shadow in Petite. I use this to set my eye primer and I have a decent dip in the one Im using and it was $4.00 (its usually $8.00).
My total came to $43.99. I used an Ulta coupon for $3.50 off and used $6.00 in points bringing my order to $42.51 with taxes and shipping.
After looking thru what I spent last year at this time, I can say that I am definitely spending less this year.
I am planning to purchase some things around June (my birthday month) but other than that, I think Im going to do considerably better on spending this year!
Are you doing a No buy / Low buy? Have you stuck to it?
As you may know (if you read my blog regularly) I have been doing a rolling project pan that will go on all year. However, I love participating in seasonal projects as well. I was recently watching a video from Jacks Lorraine and was inspired to do my own take on her project/themes.
I will be starting this project on March 20th and running until June 21st. (First day of Spring until the first day of Summer). I know I won’t finish some of the products Ive chosen, but Id like to get some use out of them.
- Oldest: Mac Studio Fix powder foundation (NC15) – This is my oldest foundation. As you can see, I do have a dip and Id like to hit pan.
- Challenging: Mac Let’s Skate paint pot – Paint Pots are a challenge. Even painterly can take about 2 years to finish, and that’s with using it everyday. There is a dip in this product, and I would just like to see some progress.
- Seasonal: Becca First Light Priming Filter – This is a deluxe sample that I received in a Sephora play. I should be able to finish this by summer.
- Neglected: BareMinerals Correcting Concealer (Light 1) – I have almost half of this finished and would really like to have it done this year, so if I don’t finish it by June, I may roll this into my year round project.
- Easy: Makeup Forever Matte Velvet Skin Foundation (Y205) – This is also a deluxe sample from a Sephora Play box. I should not have any issue finishing this. This is one of the lightest shades Ive ever tried but Im actually this pale during winter, so it shouldn’t be a problem using.
I also wanted to throw in some perfume samples Ive accumulated. If you look at my recent empties posts, you will see that I am regularly using them up. I still have quite the perfume sample collection and really want to use them up.
- Chanel – Gabrielle
- Tokyo Milk – Awaken Within
- Philosophy – Amazing Grace
- Emporio Armani – Because It’s You
Are you doing any seasonal projects? Would you like to join in on this one? If so, make sure to tag me in your posts!
Spoiler alert: I just finished my Laura Mercier caviar stick I had in this project yesterday! So I need to add some products into my project pan.
Old items still to work on are:
- IT Cosmetics CC Foundation
- Stila Kitten Karma
- Marc Jacobs Eyeliner
- Elf tone powder
- ColourPop KathleenLights SS
- Elf Brow Wax
I am adding in:
- Tarte Mascara
- Ulta Eye Primer
- Mac Oil Control Lotion
- Sephora Lip Balm
I am making progress on several of these items and I am so excited to be using them!
Are you doing a rolling project pan? What products are in yours?