Many apologies for my absence but there was a death in the family and I felt the need to take a break.
With that out of the way, here are my June empties.
- Assured Cotton Rounds – I use these all the time. I get these from my dollar store and I already have back ups.
- OPI Avojuice (sweet lemon sage) lotion – I LOVE this stuff. It smells fantastic and really sinks into the skin. Im already almost done another bottle.
- Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub – I alternate between the Coconut Lime and regular shea. I love this stuff because its not to rough but also rough enough to exfoliate.
- Garnier Whole Blends shampoo and Conditioner – I get these samples all the time. I really do not like these and would not purchase.
- Becca First Light primer (purple side) – I only used the first light because I dont need the extra glow with my oily skin. I did like this and have several samples of these.
- Claritin Ready Tabs – I take these for my allergies. I already have another box because August (rag weed and trees).
- Aurora eyeliner – I got this in a Birchbox or Ipsy and had this in a project pan. It was a decent enough eyeliner but I wouldnt go out of my way to buy it.
- Makeup Forever eyeliner – I really like these eyeliners. They are one of my favorite formulas. I would repurchase if I didnt have all the liners I already have on hand.
- Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream – I do like this eye cream but Ive found several others that I like more. Would not repurchase.
- Essense Make Me Brow – I really like this formula. Its similar to the Benefit one for a fraction of the cost. I have repurchased.
- Loreal Pure Clay cleanser – I got this sample from Ulta IIRC and found it to be a nice dupe for the Glam Glow brand. I purchased the full size after trying this.
- Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb – I received this perfume sample in a Sephora Play and really liked it. I would repurchase once I finish off some perfumes I have in my collection.
- Makeup Forever Velvet Mat Foundation sample – I liked this foundation and would purchase in the winter when my skin isnt as oily as it is now.
- Marc Jacobs remarkable foundation sample – This color matched me ok. Ive tried other shades that didnt work as well. I would purchase.
- Tarte concealer – I accidentally thought this was a foundation sample but it worked great. I ended up getting a foundation sample from Sephora to try out of the Amazonian Clay foundation.
- Clinique gel moisturizer – I LOVE this moisturizer. I have some samples to get thru but its almost always in my rotation.
- 2 Mac Next to Nothing foundation samples – I really like this foundation but I prefer the powder.
- Sephora scrub – I use these when I take off face masks. I tend to go thru them every 6 months. I have repurchased.
- T-Maxx No Frills Vanilla bourbon Custard – I really liked this juice and have purchased it in a 120 ml bottle.
- This bottle came from Twisted 420s line but I cant remember the flavor. I would not repurchase.
- Lemon Twist Pink Punch Lemonade – I did like it and have repurchased another 60 ml bottle.
Did you finish anything up?
I can hardly believe its already June! And, as always, Im sharing all of the products I finished up in May. I feel like I finished up alot of things in comparison to prior months.
- Cotton Rounds – I get these from my local dollar store. I usually get 2 or 3 packs at a time.
- Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Soap – I love this cleanser. I purchased this after trying a deluxe sample. I purchased two from Ulta because they had a special double points offer.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray – This item was in my project pan. I bought this to try out after hearing everyone online love it. Unfortunately Im not a fan of the scent. I did purchase another facial spray, but its the lavender variation.
- Sephora Micellar Water (Charcoal) – I got this from the sale section on Sephoras site. I do have two other bottles, but one is coconut and another is a lemon (I think). I did like it but the charcoal was a bit intense.
- Clarins Lotion – I used this as a hand lotion and enjoyed it, but after seeing how expensive it is, I won’t be repurchasing.
- Caudalie Resveratrol Moisturizer – I had this in my latest project pan. I received this in a Sephora Play box. I didnt see any improvement in my skin. I won’t repurchase.
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer – I love this. I have not purchased a full size because Im still working thru lotions I have in my collection. Im glad I finished this because it was in my latest project pan.
- Algenist Genius Liquid Collagen – This stuff was INCREDIBLE! I have another sample to use. I want to purchase but its pretty expensive.
- Algenist Sleeping Pack – This was the best night moisturizer Ive ever used. It is currently in my wish list.
- Ban deodorant – Two words-HATED it! Wont repurchase but I did use it up. Thank goodness I stopped getting Target Beauty Boxes.
- Skin Inc Exfoliator – I got this in a Sephora Play Box and did not like it at all. Personally, I think this is a gimmick.
- Hydra-C Eye Cream – I did like this, but I won’t be purchasing because I have one full size BareMinerals eye cream and a couple other samples to work thru.
- Korres Foaming Cream Cleanser – I did not like this cleanser and do not think its worth the price.
- Sunday Riley Good Genes – These two samples make me really like this product. I think the one I received in my Sephora Play (and recently finished) might have been old. The smell and consistency of these two foil packets was different from the tube. I purchased the Clay Cleanser and Good Genes pack from Sephora and have already started using it.
- Boscia Black Cleanser – I really like this cleanser and have purchased a full size.
- Essense Make me Brow – I liked this. It controls the unruly brows while adding some fullness. Ive already repurchased.
- Holly Berry Eyebrow Serum – I started using this but forgot about it and its expired now. I would not repurchase because I did not see any difference in brow growth.
- Marc Jacobs Mascara – This was one of the products in my project pan. The brush was too big on my lashes and I thought the formula was too wet and heavy for me. I can see why others like it, but its not for me.
- Marcelle Mascara – This was another item that was in my project pan. The wand on this was interesting and I liked the formula. I would repurchase but I have alot of mascaras to work thru first.
- Stila Stay all Day Eyeliner – I really did like this and it seemed to last awhile before finally drying out. Its something I might repurchase in the future.
- Bumble and Bumble Hair Oil – I got this as a sample from Sephora but the packaging on this made the product hard to work with without making a mess. I have a deluze sample from a 250 or 500 point perk that I will try.
- Dr Jart Water Drop Moisturizer – This was another sample I asked for in Sephora. I did not like this moisturizer at all, and am decluttering it.
- Ulta Bronzer – This bronzer is my of my oldest products and it crumbles every time I opened the palette I had it in. Decluttering. I would purchase another bronzer from Ulta in the future.
- Ulta Blush – This blush is my of my oldest products and it crumbles every time I opened the palette I had it in. Decluttering. I would purchase another blush from Ulta in the future.
- Palladio Eyeshadow Palette – This is another old makeup item that I am decluttering. I recently tried using it and it was difficult to work with and have show up. I would purchase another palette from Palladio. I get Palladio makeup from Sallys.
- Deadline Limeaid and Abetting – I love this juice but have not repurchased due to trying other juices.
- Fuzion Vapor Poison Apple – I bought this for my 5 year vape-a-versary because it was a juice I vaped back in 2013. Its still as good as I remember.
- TMaxx Lemon Creme Filled Doughnut – I liked this more than I thought I would. It needs to steep about a month for best flavor.
- TMaxx Vanilla Mint Candy – This tastes like tic tacs. So good. I bought a 100 ml bottle!
- TMaxx Vanilla Creme Filled Doughnut – I liked this more than the lemon version which surprised me. I havent repurchased yet, but I plan on getting it soon!
- Not Too Shabby Like a Sir – This juice is incredibly good! Its a coil gunker. I will repurchase!
- Scope MaddScope – Saving the best for last! I have repurchased. I dont even like real iced oatmeal cookies!
What did you finish up last month?
Recently one of the youtube channels I follow started a declutter challenge/project. She had recently moved and needed to get organized. There are several channels doing this tag, and I decided that Id like to join in!
The parameters Im setting for myself are as follows:
- This will not include obvious trash.
- I will be including a 100 item digital project.
- I am including items I have for sale on sites like Poshmark, Mercari, etc.
- There will be a 30 item minimum each week.
- Items from my Empties each month will be included.
I will not be itemizing each item, but will give brief descriptions as I get rid of items. I hope to reach 1,000 by the end of the year – which, averages out to 120 items to get rid of each month.
I hope those who read this, will join in with me on this challenge. Remember to recycle or donate what you can!
Sorry for my lack of posts the last couple of weeks. I had an allergic reaction to something I ate as well as a skin care product and I was down for the count. Everything is better now.
Now, onto what I used up in the month of April! I did not finish alot of things because I couldn’t put any products on my face after a reaction to a product that I am decluttering.
- Isopropyl Alcohol – I use this to sanitize my powder products, as well as clean up vape gear. I do already have another.
- Philosophy micro delivery face wash – I got this at one of Ultas 21 days of beauty sales and it lasted about a year of semi-regular use. While I did enjoy using it, there are other face washes I like much better.
- L’occitane shower cream – I got this in my Advent Calendar. I did enjoy it, but I like other body washes more.
- L’occitane shampoo – I had three of these and I believe I only have one more left. Its an ok shampoo. I dont think Id purchase it tho.
- Dove body polish – I got this sample in a Pinch me box. It was ok but I did not like the smell or the way it rinsed off. I like my Tree Hut scrubs much more.
- Vibrant Sexy hair hairspray – I only used this twice and the nozzle broke. I have no opinion on this product due to a lack of use.
- Sephora eye makeup remover – I love this stuff and I love getting it as a point perk or in my Sephora Play box. I cant remember which one this one is from. I would purchase.
- Cotton rounds – I get these at my dollar store and I always have 2 or 3 backups.
- Drunk Elephant TLC night serum – I got this from Sephora (either in my play box or in a skin care kit) I got about a months use from this sample. I did enjoy it, but the price on this product is high.
- Living Proof no frizz shampoo and conditioner – This was okay, and I have more samples of this shampoo and conditioner. I dont think Id purchase because I didnt see a difference in my hair.
- Klorane shampoo and conditioner – I really did not like these at all. I thought it made my hair feel slimy and I did not enjoy the smell.
- Sunday Riley good genes – I liked the results but not the smell. If it weren’t so expensive I would purchase.
- Kate Somerville eye cream – I did not like the consistency of this eye cream. I also did not see any improvements over some other eye creams Ive used.
- LOC shadow stick – This should have been in last months empties, but I somehow over looked it. I really did like using this and would purchase more if they were easy to find at a retailer I already frequent. I think I got this in a Birchbox and I also believe this was part of the Tati-LOC collaboration that fell thru.
- Dr Jart Cicapair tiger grass cream – I am decluttering this item because I had some type of reaction to it.
- Gucci Bamboo sample – I love this perfume and have a rollerball of it. I really enjoy it when I get samples of scents I love!
- Replica Beachwalk sample – I got this in a Sephora play box and loved it instantly. I did end up getting a rollerball of it. It works so nice with the Bum Bum Cream!
- YSL Mon paris sample – Another perfume sample I got in a Sephora play box and instantly loved. I have a travel size spray of this one!
- SOO AE face mask – I think I received this in a Target Beauty Box a while ago and when I had the reaction to the Dr Jart cream, I used this to calm my skin down.
- Found Coconut Sheet Mask – I used this face mask when my face had the reaction to the Dr Jart cream. I do not remember where I got it from tho.
- Slimfast Boosters – I think I got these from Pinch me. They were really good but I could eat 100 of them!
- Tasty Vapor ~ Geoffs Blend – This e-liquid tasted like Juicy Fruit Gum. I wanted to just finish this up and get rid of it because just like Juicy Fruit, the flavor did not last.
- T-Maxx No Frills Mls ~ White Chocolate Peanut Butter – This e-liquid in no way tasted like white chocolate peanut butter. I finished it up anyway.
(Italics: Project Pan Items)
Did you use up any products in April?
Today I am sharing my March empties. I love the satisfaction of finishing products.
- Cotton Rounds – I get these from the local dollar store and use them to take off my eye makeup and apply toner. I already have back ups.
- Garnier Whole blends Legendary Olive Shampoo and Condioner – This smelled incredible but did nothing for my hair. Would not purchase.
- Hask Chia Seed shampoo and Conditioner – I love how good Hask shampoo and conditioner smells, but only the Superfruit does anything for my hair.
- Loreal Ever Pure shampoo and Conditioner – I think I found this sample in a magazine. I did not like this at all. It made my scalp and hair feel heavy. Would not purchase.
- Ion Effective Hair Treatment – I get this from Sallys and use it with my Manic Panic or other dyes. It takes forever to finish up because of how I use it. They have changed the packaging but I have already repurchased.
- Shiseido Cotton – I love these and I do treat myself every now and then to a pack. I mostly use them for vaping tho.
- Dior Poison Girl – I have loved this perfume and have placed this in my Loves list at Sephora.
- Mon Guerlain – I love this perfume and do have a small rollerball (or is it a spray?).
- L’occitane hand cream – I love this hand cream. I got an Advent calendar as well as a free gift coupon so this is 1 of 3 hand cream samples I have.
- Benefit Roller Lash DS – I absolutely love this mascara and have a few others as backups already.
- Sephora Outrageous Curl mascara – This is one of my favorite mascaras. I have some others to work thru but I do plan on repurchasing.
- Clinique Take the Day off eye makeup remover – This worked alright but the Sephora brand, as well the Neutrogena brand work better for less money.
- MaddScope – What would an empties post be without my all day vape?
- No Frill Mills – Lemon Creme Filled Doughnut – I tried this juice and its ok. Its better than the other lemon juice I tried from this brand. I have repurchased if that tells you anything.
- Mac Prep + Prime primer – I love these samples. I think I might have two more left to use up, but anytime I get an order from Mac, I always get more.
- Peter Thomas Roth water drench moisturizer – I LOVE LOVE LOVE this moisturizer. I have some moisturizers to use up before I can purchase, but I hope its still being made by then.
- Clinique eye cream – I dont remember what the specific type is, but it works great and Id love a full size. I do have a bunch of samples as well as a full size BareMinerals eye cream to go thru first.
- Caudalie VinoPerfect Cell Renewal night cream – I used this but would not buy it. I didnt notice anything out of the ordinary to justify the price tag for this.
- Claritin – Because allergies suck.
Did you finish anything up this month?
April is almost here so I decided to get an early start on a new seasonal project pan. This one will go until June 21st.
The products Ill be using in this project have been used at least once.
- Anastasia Brow Definer – I have about an inch and a half of product left. Ive been using this for a majority of the last year. Im hoping to use it up.
- Caudalie Resveratrol moisturizer – Ive used this twice and am hoping to finish it up. I got this in a Sephora Play box sometime last year.
- Drunk Elephant Night Serum – I just started using this and figured it would last about a month. I got this in a Sephora skin care favorite sets for Christmas.
- Marcelle mascara – I believe this came from a Sephora Play. I just started using this in conjunction with the other mascara in this project.
- Marc Jacobs mascara – This also came from a Sephora Play box. This is the mascara almost everyone loves. I just opened this to use in this project.
- Dr Jart Cicapair cream – I used this cream once (right after a chemical peel). And I wanted to use it up before summer because my skin is the oiliest during summer.
- Sunday Riley Good Genes Lactic Acid treatment – I received this in a Sephora Play box and have used it once or twice.
- Kate Somerville Retinol eye cream – Ive used this a handful of times and Im not sure if I like it or not. Id like to use it up.
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer – I think I got this in a Walmart Beauty Box. I havent opened it yet, but Ive used it before and enjoyed it.
- Mario Badescu facial spray – Im about half way thru this spray and would like to use it up so I can enjoy the lavender spray.
Are you doing a seasonal project pan?
Are you getting ready for summer?
February was the month of finishing up alot of odds and ends types of products.
Im actually surprised I finished all of this.
- Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub (Original Shea) – I love these scrubs and go between this scent and the coconut lime.
- Clinique Toner – I had this in my recent project pan. I do not like this toner and was glad it was a product I went thru quick.
- Steve Laurant Liquid Eyeliner – This was also in my recent project pan. It was a decent liquid eyeliner. If it were readily available, I would repurchase.
- Erno Lazlo Eye Serum Mask – I received these from Influenster and really liked them. I have a couple left to use. I dont think Id repurchase because I have eye masks that are less expensive.
- OPI Avojuice (Sweet Lemon Sage) – This is one of my most favorite lotions. It sinks in quickly and keeps my skin moisturized all day.
- Sunday Riley Martian Toner – Ive been wanting to try some Sunday Riley products but they are so expensive. I was glad when I was standing in a line at Sephora and the sales associates handed me these. All in all, I do not like this toner. (Its green – hence the name Martian)
- Pur Big Look Mascara – I did not like this mascara because the wand was too large for my eyes. Not only that, but it flaked an hour after application.
- Son & Park Beauty Water – I really liked this toner until I found out how much it cost. Im fine using my Loreal toner.
- Origins Plantscription Eye Cream – I liked this eye cream. It had a nice texture. This makes the list of eye creams I would repurchase.
- Mac Cleanse Off Oil – I like these samples from Mac. This oil works fine to remove eye makeup. I dont need to purchase since everytime I make an order from Mac, I toss this in my cart.
- Loccitane Shampoo & Conditioner – I received this in my advent calendar and I really enjoyed the scent. This did absolutely nothing for my hair, so I would not repurchase.
- Formula 10.0.5 Pores be Pure Mud Mask – This was another product from my project pan. I did not like this mask at all. I didnt like the scent and it irritated my skin — and theres not many things that do that.
- Ulta beauty sponge – This sponge looked a bit worse for wear. I have repurchased.
- Deadline Limeaid and Abetting 120 ml – One of my all day vapes.
- Scope Madd Scope 100 ml – My all day vape.
- Maddcatt Sweet Strawberry Lemon 30 ml – This is an older e-juice that I found in my ‘stash’ that I finished. I would not repurchase because strawberry liquids taste like soap to me now.
- TMaxx No Frills Lemon Pound Cake 30 ml – This was a good enough e-juice but I would not repurchase because it was not lemon-y enough for me.
- POH Mast Tea 30 ml – This is an older e-juice found in my stash that I just needed to finish before it went ‘bad’. I would repurchase, but I prefer that Limeaid and Abetting from the Deadline line more.
- Mighty Vapors Hulk Tears 60 ml – This is an excellent juice to mix things up. Its a watermelon based e-liquid. I actually have repurchased and am roughly halfway done that bottle.
Did you finish anything last month?