As some of you know, last April I began a project based on the soundtrack to one of my favorite movies, Rocky Horror Picture Show.
I chose 5 songs and products to go along with the theme.
- Over at the Frankenstein Place – Mac Trolls Play it Proper highlighter ~ I wanted to hit pan and I did! I made a whole post about it because I was so excited! I expanded the pan on my highlighter since hitting pan a couple of weeks ago. (See photo below)
- I can Make you a Man – Elf daily hydration moisturizer ~ I did not finish this but Im so close! Had I not used a different night time moisturizer, this product would have been finished. I will continue to use it until its finished.
- TouchA TouchA Touch Me – travel size Origins Checks and Balances frothy face wash. ~ I finished this as well as another travel sized cleanser.
- Rose Tint my World / Wild and Untamed Thing – Stila Glitter and Glow in Smoldering Satin. ~ I almost finished this but it dried out and its being decluttered.
- Im Going Home – Boscia luminizing black mask ~ I finished this mask and ended up finishing other masks since.
These are the products I have left:
Did you do a Halloween project? How did you do?
It was a pretty slow month for empties, but I managed to finish a shampoo!
I love the ion shampoo but after using it for almost 3 years – IM DONE! This shampoo does nothing for my hair anymore so I am glad to be done with it. I worked thru my backups so there are no more. We still use the conditioner – and have two more full sized bottles left. I use the ion conditioner when I color my hair fun colors.
I also wanted to talk about the Givenchy Volume Disturbia mascara. I received this back in June from Influenster and fell in love with this! I kept it a month more than I should have because I loved it so much. Its $27 at Sephora and after I finish off what I have on hand I will purchase.
This months empties total is $68.07!!
Did you finish a lot of products in October?
Back in April, I began a RHPS Project Pan that will end on Halloween.
One of the products I put into this project is the Mac Cosmetics Play it Proper highlighter. I had barely used this product prior to this project so I just wanted to hit pan. At the time, I didnt even think I would hit pan – but guys…..I HIT PAN!!!!
Yes, this is a spoiler to the RHPS Project Pan, but Im so excited about this. I have never hit pan on a full size highlighter.
My full update on this project will be posted after Halloween but I just could not wait!
Have you ever hit pan or finished a full size highlighter?
Somehow time is passing by and I realized I am WAY behind on posting. Again, we are nearly at the end of September and I havent even posted my empties for August.
It was another light month for empties.
This month I finished 6 perfume samples!
I finished my favorite cleanser as well as a Bobbi Brown eyeshadow stick -which were both in a recent project and a Lush soap bar.
This months empties total is $36.64!!
Have you finished anything youve been working on?
Last year I decided to do a traditional Project 10 Pan and as of May, I have finished 10 products!!!
If you forgot, I have finished the:
- MUFE Primer
- UD Naked Basics (Foxy) shade
- UD Naked Basics (WOS) shade
- MUFE Foundation Sample
- Essence Make Me Brow
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick (Rosegold)
- Stila Glitter and Glow (Kitten)
- Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
- Marc Jacobs Highliner
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Foundation
I am beyond thrilled that I was able to finish these products!
I havent finished any other project pan products since May even though I have tried. I took a month off of panning, especially since my Spring into Summer project was a complete fail.
And Im back with a ‘NEW” Project 10 Pan that will hopefully be as successful as the first half of the year.
The products I will be working on are (some have been rolled back into this project):
- Ulta eye primer*
- Mac Oil Control Lotion*
- Becca First Light Priming Filter*
- Essence Make Me Brow
- Laura Geller Lip Strip
- Sephora Lip Balm
- BareMinerals Concealer
- Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder
- Elf Brow Wax*
- BareMinerals Lasting Line
- *Denotes prior project inclusion
Have you been actively panning this year? Have you been successful?
(Ignore the weird graph below)
We are already at the end of August and I realized that I havent posted my empties for the month of July. So, without further ado, here are my empties for July.
This months empties total is $42.68!!
I was most impressed with the Pixi Glow Tonic and I am not surprised that it has a cult following. I had definite results by the end of the bottle. I have repurchased but I do have to use up a few other toners before I can open another. Its safe to say that Pixi will now be my toner of choice.
My year end total so far is a little over $900!!!! How are you doing this year on using up products? Are you keeping track?
Let me know in the comments!
My apologies to those who were expecting a post last week. Its always crazy around the 4th of July for us.
Last month I concentrated on perfume and foil samples. I was able to finish 4 of my perfume samples and many skincare foils.
This months empties total is $70.39!!
Did you finish anything last month?
For July I am going to be concentrating on finishing up a lot of the deluxe sized face masks I had begun for the May Mask Challenge.