I finished a bunch of things during the month of April. Below is a listing of those items as well as a photo of everything.
- I am decluttering two samples of the Marc Jacobs Remarcable foundation. They are the two lightest shades and oddly enough, they are too light for me.
- I finished the Sephora solid cleanser. I like using this to clean my makeup brushes. I used to use baby shampoo and olive oil but using a solid is much quicker and easier. I have repurchased.
- I finished a sample of Lush’s Don’t Look at Me fresh face mask. This stuff smells like Fruity Pebbles cereal. It’s a great exfoliater and it brightens my skin. I will purchase once I use up my other face masks because this one expires relatively quick.
- I used up the Ole Henriksen sheer transformation moisturizer. I LOVE this moisturizer. It works wonderfully under makeup. This was in my Skincare Sample Showdown Project Pan.
- I also used up the Belif true cream aqua bomb moisturizer. While I did enjoy using this, it was thicker than the Ole Henriksen. It does have a pleasant smell and sinks in quickly, but I don’t see myself purchasing it. This was also in my Skincare Sample Showdown Project Pan.
- I finished the Dionis white jasmine and shea hand cream. I love this hand cream. It has a wonderful scent and moisturizes my dry hands. I have already purchased a replacement.
- I have finished the Lush peppermint foot cream in what might be record time! This stuff makes my feet feel alive and it definitely moisturizes my feet. I have already repurchased.
- I used up the Sephora brow pencil. I really like the Sephora pencil. The only real flaw is the end that has a comb and not a spoolie. They are about $12. I do have a back-up so I won’t be repurchasing right now but I would if I didn’t have back-up brow products.
- I used up a Neutrogena makeup remover wipe pack. I do like these but I prefer the pack that’s green. I do have a couple back-up packs, so I don’t have to repurchase yet.
- I used up a Simple cleansing facial wipe packet. These are just a sample pack of 7 that I received in a subscription box. I think they changed the wipe because I didnt used to like these, but they worked a lot better than I remember.
- I completely killed two Revlon nail files. I use one for my hands and one for my toe nails. I have purchased two new files.
- I finished the Vichy cleanser. I had never used a product from Vichy before and this was a mild cleanser. I did like using it but it did not remove makeup despite the claim that this was a one-step cleanser. I would not repurchase.
- The Estee Edit oil cleanser was a complete surprise to me. I’ve been using some other cleansing oils that do not perform as well as this one, and once I use those other oil cleansers up, I will consider purchasing this one.
- The Cetaphil cleanser is one of my favorites. I usually refill this small travel bottle but I somehow ruined the threading in this bottle. I like using this as my second cleanse after removing my makeup but I’ve removed makeup with this cleanser before. It’s very gentle on the skin and leaves your face feeling clean. I have a large pump bottle that I’ve refilled this smaller one but when it runs out, it will be repurchased.
- The Dove dry oil moisture Moroccan Arian oil body wash was awesome. It didn’t leave a soapy feeling behind and smelled fantastic. I have some other body washes but it’s definitely one I would consider purchasing.
- What sort of empties post would this be without a couple bottles of Scopejuice? I went hard this month finishing up THREE BOTTLES! Somehow I managed to not have anything else to vape but this juice. I would and have repurchased.
So those were the products I finished up in April. Did you finish anything?
Ive been a Sephora Play Box subscriber for about a year now, and for the last few weeks Ive been hearing alot of people online complain about this months products. I hardly ever get what I see others unbox and I hadn’t seen anything ‘offensive’ unboxed when Ive searched.
Im actually pretty happy with the items I do receive. So, I waited for my package to arrive. This months box showed up a little bit earlier than they usually do, so I was quite happy about that right off the bat.
Pictured below are the items I received.
- Sephora waterproof eye makeup remover – Ive only heard great things about this product, and I believe I picked up a trial size in the checkout line. I dont really recall anything about it, but Im excited to try it.
- Daisy from Marc Jacobs – I really like the Daisy perfumes. Daisy Dream is my favorite but this one is very nice.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer – I think this was one of the first primers on the market. It didnt really do much for me back then, but Ill try it again and see if it works now.
- Kate Somerville exfoliator – Im really excited to try this. Ive been meaning to pick up something from her line from some time now but havent yet.
- Makeup Forever Aqua XL pencil eyeliner – I LOVE this eyeliner in my water line. I got one a while ago as a point perk and Im almost finished it and I had it on my wish list, but now I dont have to buy it yet!
- Peter Thomas Roth water drench moisturizer – For someone with oily skin, this scares me, but in my ‘research’ online, Ive heard hyaluronic acids are good for mature and oily skin!
After receiving my Sephora Play Box, Im perplexed about why people are upset. Even the variations Ive seen online aren’t bad in my opinion.
Do you subscribe to Sephora Play? If so, are you upset about the products you received this month?
I dont usually post on Saturdays, but I missed posting this yesterday.
Here are my thoughts on my March empties:
- Garner Micellar Water – I love this stuff! I use it to remove my eye makeup with a cotton round. I have already purchased a replacement.
- Eyeko Fat Eyeliner – I had this in a MakeUp Use Up for this year. I received this in a Birchbox and while I enjoyed using it, I would not repurchased because I prefer other brands.
- Eyeko Eyeliner – I had this in a MakeUp Use Up for this year. I got this item in a Birchbox and I did enjoy using it, but I would not repurchase because there are other brands I prefer.
- Elf Eyeliner – This is another item I had in a Makeup Use Up for this year. This is one of my favorite eyeliners. I have not repurchased, because I am trying out another Elf eyeliner that many people rave about.
- Dionis hand cream (White Jasmine and Shea) – I love this hand cream. This moisturizes my skin and smells fantastic. I have already repurchased.
- Mane and Tail shampoo – I hated this shampoo. It seemed to tangle my very short hair and I did not enjoy the scent.
- Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara – My holy grail mascara. I love the wand and you can’t beat the price. I already have a replacement.
- Milk Mascara – I received this in a beauty box and ended up really liking the way it performed. I would consider repurchasing.
- Scope Juice (MaddScope) – I am always buying this stuff. Its my favorite e-juice.
- ROC Neck Cream – I had this in a project pan. Im glad I finished it because it smelled horrible.
- Mac Prep and Prime – I had his in a project pan. I love using this in cooler months and I would definitely repurchase if I didnt have a bunch of samples to always use.
- Pack of cotton rounds – I use these with my Micellar Water to remove my eye makeup. I have repurchased.
- Alterna Caviar Shampoo and Conditioner – I liked the way these smelled but I saw no difference in my hair. Foil packets dont always give you the best results since you might get two uses out of them.
- Matrix Biolage Recover Shampoo and Conditioner – I really dont have much of an opinion on these except that the shampoo has a better scent than the conditioner.
So those were my empties for the month of March. Im actually impressed at how many samples Ive been able to move out of my collection already this year.
Did you finish any items?
I apologize for not having any posts last week. I caught whatever bug was going around and couldn’t hit the Publish button.
If you havent been following along, here is my original post describing what products I plan on using up this year. MakeUp Use Up 2017
The products I was able to finish were:
- BareMinerals Mineral Veil (deluxe)
- BareMinerals Lash Domination (both samples)
- Powerlash Mascara
- Elf Liquid Liner
- Eyeko Fat Liner
- Eyeko Liner
- Palladio Liner
- Chella Eyebrow pencil in Tantalizing Taupe
The products I decluttered were:
- Beautique Lip Crayon (too frosty on my lips)
- Covergirl Lip Liner in Raisin (dried out)
I have hit pan on Foxy in my Urban Decay Naked basics palette and have moved on to WOS. I am also using Venus as a brow highlight as well as inner corner highlight.
I also have good progress on my LOC shadow stick and the BareMinerals 5 in one cream eyeshadows.
Im pretty pleased with my progress so far, but the rest of the products will be a bit slower to finish than some of the ‘gimmes’ I put into this project. Im hoping to update again the beginning of July.
Today I am testing out a new-to-me primer and foundation. I have a very fair complexion with some hyper pigmentation near my cheekbones. I also have oily skin and I prefer to wear a light to medium coverage foundation with a matte finish.
The primer that I am trying came to me via Sephora Play Box. Its the Make up Forever Step 1 Skin Equalizer. Ive been told that this primer is similar to the Porefessional primer (which I dont really like).
The foundation I am trying is the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation in 110 Porcelain. I will be dabbing on the foundation across my face and then using an Ulta Beauty Sponge to blend it into my skin.
I am very impressed with the Make Up Forever primer. It did not ball up on my skin like the Porefessional has done in the past and really smoothed out my skin. Ill have to use this some more to really make up my mind, but my first impressions about this product are good!
Ive watched some earlier reviews on the Maybelline Fit Me foundation and thats why it took me so long to try this product. Even though this is not a full coverage foundation, I am pleased with the amount of coverage I got using a sponge. It seemed to even everything out and set quickly without using a setting powder.
My powder bronzer and blush applied smoothly on top of this foundation. And, as always, after applying all of my makeup, I sprayed some Fix+ and everything looked great!
I wore this makeup roughly 9-10 hours. It was not the most pressing of days and it wasnt too warm, but it seemed to hold up for the most part. It did wear off around my nose, but thats pretty normal for all face products for me and I did get some ‘shine’ which is also pretty normal. I did not touch up or blot.
Overall, this foundation worked for me – at least for this time of year. It was a medium coverage look but it didnt look too ‘makeuppy’ for me.
I am so excited about my progress in using up my makeup this year.
Yesterday I hit pan on my BareMinerals Correcting Concealer. I did not put this concealer into a project pan, but this is the product I use to cover up blemishes. I only use concealer a couple times a week because I tend to get ready in a hurry in the mornings.
Don’t mind the stray hair. My cat apparently likes to conceal her blemishes too. 🙂
I buy Target Beauty Boxes and included in those boxes is a coupon for $3 off a $15 beauty related purchase. This month I decided to have a mini Elf haul and repurchase some of my favorite items, as well as try out a couple new things. Elf has always been one of those brands you can experiment with. Their most well-known items are under $3 and I tend to stick with the cult favorites.
I really like picking up the eyeliner brushes whenever I can. I picked up 4 this time around. Ive been hearing good things about their blending brushes, so I picked up the two I saw.
The Elf eyeliner is one of my favorites as is the Elf brow pomade and shadow duo. The white eyebrow stick is something I haven’t tried before.
The makeup remover pen is one of my holy grail products. These things are mini miracle workers. Just make sure to keep the tip clean to lengthen the longevity. I also love the acne fighting gel. This is another mini miracle. It almost works over-night to get rid of blemishes. The Elf eye refresh is something I really enjoy using to give my eye area a little pep start.
Let me know what your favorite Elf products are!