I absolutely love trying out new perfumes. I used to love when they would put a sample in the Sephora Play boxes every month. I would try them out and get a roller-ball if I really liked how it wore on me.
But then, I noticed just how many perfumes I was collecting and so for the last couple of years, I made it a point to wear perfume everyday. Ive even put those small little samples into short-term projects so I could use and enjoy them, instead of them wasting away in a small drawer.
This is how many of those samples Ive accumulated.
I even started collecting those adorable deluxe sized perfumes.
I mean, seriously…..they look fantastic when on display. Surely Im not the only one who feels this way.
I don’t have many roller-balls, but they do fill up a coffee mug (that’s how I store them).
At least I knew enough not to buy any full sized perfumes. I recently had to declutter a full size Elizabeth Taylor perfume that had probably been sitting in a drawer for 12 years.
The best part about wearing perfume everyday is that you do actually use it up. Granted, Ive only used up samples, but its a start!
Ive actually used up 9 samples! It might not seem like a lot, but considering they were only ‘collecting dust’ I think Im doing great!
Do you have a perfume collection? Has it gotten out of hand? Are you trying to use them up? Let me know in the comments.
I cannot believe it is already April! This year is flying by.
I have really been trying to use up all of my old deluxe samples and foil packets that have been accumulating the past couple of years.
This month I was able to finish up a makeup ‘foil’, 2 body wash deluxe sample bottles, a shampoo sample, two face masks, a cleanser and a deodorant sample! I also finished off three perfume samples – one was even put in a recent project!
This months empties total is $112.99!
What did you finish up last month? Did you recently use up a difficult product?
Here are the products I have emptied in the month of December:
- Ion shampoo – I use this to wash my hair only when Im using a semi-permanent dye. I have two backups left but I would repurchase if it still performs after those bottles are empty.
- Cotton pads – I use these to remove makeup and for toner. I believe I still have one or two more packs but I would repurchase. I get these at the dollar store so they are a great value.
- Purlisse charcoal face mask – I got this in a subscription box and usually do not like sheet masks, but this one was great!
- Fresh clay mask – I was not impressed by this especially after seeing it hyped on youtube. I believe I might have a deluxe sample in my skin care drawer tho, but I would not purchase.
- Loreal Hydrafresh Toner – I love this stuff. It takes forever to go thru and its so inexpensive, so its a great value. I would repurchase but I have to get thru a Clinique toner first.
- Shea Moisture shampoo and conditioner – I HATED this and ended up dumping out the conditioner because it did nothing for my hair. Would not purchase.
- Degree deodorant – This is my deodorant of choice and I have already repurchased.
- Garnier micellar water – I love this stuff. I have some eye makeup removers and Sephora micellar waters to finish but I would repurchase once Ive finished those.
- Origins eye cream – I did not like this. I think it caused me to get little bumps under my eyes.
- Makeup Forever serum – I got this in a Sephora play box. I put it in an Advent panning project. I wasnt impressed but the sample only lasted a handful of applications.
- Strivectin eye cream – I did like this while I was using it, but I wouldnt repurchase due to how expensive it is.
- Michael Todd Beauty toner – I did not like this. Would not purchase.
- Origins night cream – I did not like this. Would not purchase.
- Korres yogurt moisturizer – This sample only lasted a week but I was not impressed. Would not purchase.
- Sephora moisturizer – I really like this. Ive received a few foils packs and have enjoyed. I would purchase but I have a drawer full of moisturizers to use up.
- GlamGlow supermud mask – I LOVE these and would purchase if they weren’t so expensive. I have a drawer full of skin care to use before I can think of purchasing more of these.
- SeaBreeze astringent – I LOVE this stuff. I know its horrible for the skin but Ive used this for years. I have a liter bottle that I just refill this container with.
- Lush Volcano foot mask – This was a sample and I did purchase a full size thats pictured here also. I would repurchase because it made my feet feel so good!
- Real Chemistry skin peel – I did not like this. The scent was off putting as well.
- Purity cleanser – I did like this but not enough to purchase over any other cleanser.
- Origins Checks and Balances – LOVE this cleanser! I have a travel size in my backups.
- Ipsy points reward – this was a brush cleaner, but it was so small that I could only fit my eye brushes. Would not purchase based on this ‘sample’
- BareMinerals Lash Domination liquid eyeliner – I really liked this liquid liner and would repurchase once I finish the other liners I have in my backups.
- Essense lash princess mascara – I like both of the Essense mascaras and would repurchase, but I have so many backup mascaras to use up first.
- Hempzilla CBD gummies – I got these when I purchased my CBD extract. Ive been trying to find some relief from FM and SLE symptoms and wanted to see for myself if they worked.
- Dolce & Golbanna light blue perfume sample – LOVE this perfume. Received this sample in a sample bundle from Ulta. I already have a rollerball.
- Delectable body lotion – I did not like this for my body, and used it as a hand lotion instead. It was okay as a hand lotion. Would not go out of my way to purchase tho.
- Scope MaddScope and Deadline Limeaid and Abetting – My two favorite e-juices. No empties would be complete without it.
- Tree Hut scrubs in Shea and Coconut Lime – I use one of these a month. LOVE them and have backups of both.
Did you use up anything in December?