I have to say that I had a very good month of May. I was able to finish up several deluxe makeup and skin care products.
If you aren’t following my blog or my Instagram, you might not be aware that I am doing the May Mask Challenge by Lisa Stevens so this month of empties is a bit skin care heavy. My goal was to mask 15 times in May, but I managed to mask 24 days!
A major standout to me is the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Mask! You can’t beat the price and it made my skin feel so moisturized. I have very oily skin and most masks just make my skin feel slimy, but the Neutrogena Hydro Boost mask was outstanding. The serum just sunk right into my skin and it did not slide around like others have. You HAVE to try it!
This months empties total is $97.90!!
Did you participate in the May Mask Challenge?
Its close to halfway thru the year already! Ive said it multiple times already, but this year is flying by.
This past month I really concentrated on finishing up deluxe samples / travel size items in my collection. A couple of products were even put into project pans (perfume samples, face mask, and cleanser) so Ill have to do some updating on those projects next week.
As you can see, I had a foil sample of the Tatcha Water Cream and I can’t wait to get more of this! I was only able to get one use out of the sample I have here, but I do have two deluxe sample sizes waiting to use. My skin REALLY liked this and I might have to open those samples up sooner rather than later 🙂
This months empties total is $44.94!
Were you able to finish anything last month?
I cannot believe it is already April! This year is flying by.
I have really been trying to use up all of my old deluxe samples and foil packets that have been accumulating the past couple of years.
This month I was able to finish up a makeup ‘foil’, 2 body wash deluxe sample bottles, a shampoo sample, two face masks, a cleanser and a deodorant sample! I also finished off three perfume samples – one was even put in a recent project!
This months empties total is $112.99!
What did you finish up last month? Did you recently use up a difficult product?
As you can see by the photo, I did not finish a lot of products, but I did finish up some staples. I was able to finish one of my favorite shampoos (Ion brand) as well as a now discontinued conditioner. Im actually working my way thru some deluxe samples before I open a full size shampoo and conditioner, and you can see a shampoo sample from L’Occitane as well as two body washes (I actually liked the Aveeno body wash so much that I have already purchased a full size).
My grand total for the month of February is $168.66
I wanted to put a spotlight on the Nutrition Now MultiVites gummies. I received these for free for review but liked them so much that I purchased them. Surprisingly, these were only $12 on Vitacost’s website.
Did you finish up anything last month? Are you keeping track of the cost?
Ah, the first empties of the year!
As I had mentioned in my previous post, I will be doing my empties a bit different this year. I will also be keeping track of the cost used. In some instances, the cost will be estimated. Most of these will be for items I received in monthly subscription boxes, so cost might be determined to be $2-5 each. I will be including foil packets in my empties, but for the most part, I will not be estimating the price.
My grand total for January’s empties is: $ 366.67
The SK-II Essense sells for $240 in Sephora, so that explains the large total for the month. My initial impression using this essence was negative but this product really came thru during the colder months. I would suggest those with dry skin but I would not purchase due to the cost.
What did you finish up last month?
For 2019 I will be doing my Empties posts a little different than in the past. I will be including a photo of the empties but I will not be listing every product. Instead, I will be posting the estimated cost of my empties and talking about the standout products Ive used.
I did not finish a lot of items in November, and I slacked off on posting the last couple of months, so I decided to combine November and December’s empties.
Did you finish anything last year?
I had no idea how much skincare I used up this past month! Unfortunately, there are no makeup empties.
- Cotton Rounds – As usual, I have a pack of cotton rounds. I use these for toner and to remove eye makeup. I almost always have backups because I go thru these pretty regularly.
- SooAE bubble sheet mask – I really liked this mask but it didnt fit my face right and kept sliding down. I believe I got this in a Walmart Beauty Box.
- Ulta Cooling Aloe Vera eye mask – I LOVED these. I have a couple more to use but I havent been able to find them again on Ultas website or Id have more.
- Sephora red clay mask – They claim there are 4 uses in these, but this seemed to last forever. I did not like the red clay as much as the yellow however.
- Sephora yellow clay mask – See previous. I liked this one more than the red. I guess my skin needed the toning more than the energizing.
- Loreal Pure Clay Mask (red) – I REALLY liked this. I think I pulled these out of a magazine. This did wonders for my skin and I will purchase once I am out of masks.
- Loreal Pure Clay Mask (charcoal) – I REALLY loved this! This is comparable to the Glam Glow Supermud in my opinion. I will purchase once I am out of masks.
- Loreal Revitalift moisturizer – I forced myself to use it. I hated this moisturizer. I have half of this left but I cant stand it so Im decluttering.
- Clinique Take the Day off makeup remover – I love this stuff. Ive received some from Sephora play boxes and others from point perks but I always use it up! Once I get thru some of the micellar waters I have, this is on the list to purchase.
- L’Occitane Relaxing Shower Gel – This was nice to use but I dont think its worth the price. This was in my Advent calendar from last year.
- Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Oil – I received this one in a Sephora Play box and I LOVE this stuff. I keep getting small bottles, but I will be purchasing a full size sometime in the future. My skin really improved using this. This was also in my Halloween Project Pan.
- Kate Somerville Exfoikate – This item was also in my Halloween Project Pan. This stuff is intense! I never was able to keep it on my skin as long as recommended. I have a foil packet that I wasnt able to finish also in that project, but I will be using it soon.
- L’Occitane Ultra Thirst Gel Moisturizer – This stuff felt nice on my skin but as someone with oily skin, I think it was too much for me. Im glad I tried it and used it up, but it won’t be a purchase. This was also in my Halloween Project Pan.
- Pantene shampoo – I did not like this shampoo. I decluttered the conditioner that came with this because I hated it so much.
- Real Techniques buffer brush – This brush literally fell apart while washing it. I might have had it 2 years.
- Moschino Fresh Coture perfume – I loved this perfume and just bought a rollerball during the VIB sale at Sephora!
- Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume – I prefer Daisy Dream over this but Im glad I used up the sample.
VAPE RELATED EMPTIES
- TMAXX No Frills Vanilla Mint Candy – I love this juice. It tastes like a white tic tac. I already have a 120 ml bottle open and in use.
- Fuzion Vapor Endless Summer – I bought this for my 5 year vape-a-versary and decided to finish it up before it ‘expired’. Its a strawberry lemonade and its one of the flavors I vaped that helped me quit smoking.
- Lemon Twist pink punch lemonade – I really liked this and this is m second bottle, but I dont think I would get it again. My tongue seemed to stop tasting it about halfway thru this bottle.
- The Cake Shoppe Pound it – This is a fantastic lemon pound cake flavor. I am already halfway finished a larger bottle.
- Hulk Tears – This is a watermelon vape that I LOVED. I believe these are my second and third bottle of this juice. I did like it but I think Ill wait until spring to get it again.
Were you able to finish anything last month?