I finished a bunch of things during the month of April. Below is a listing of those items as well as a photo of everything.
- I am decluttering two samples of the Marc Jacobs Remarcable foundation. They are the two lightest shades and oddly enough, they are too light for me.
- I finished the Sephora solid cleanser. I like using this to clean my makeup brushes. I used to use baby shampoo and olive oil but using a solid is much quicker and easier. I have repurchased.
- I finished a sample of Lush’s Don’t Look at Me fresh face mask. This stuff smells like Fruity Pebbles cereal. It’s a great exfoliater and it brightens my skin. I will purchase once I use up my other face masks because this one expires relatively quick.
- I used up the Ole Henriksen sheer transformation moisturizer. I LOVE this moisturizer. It works wonderfully under makeup. This was in my Skincare Sample Showdown Project Pan.
- I also used up the Belif true cream aqua bomb moisturizer. While I did enjoy using this, it was thicker than the Ole Henriksen. It does have a pleasant smell and sinks in quickly, but I don’t see myself purchasing it. This was also in my Skincare Sample Showdown Project Pan.
- I finished the Dionis white jasmine and shea hand cream. I love this hand cream. It has a wonderful scent and moisturizes my dry hands. I have already purchased a replacement.
- I have finished the Lush peppermint foot cream in what might be record time! This stuff makes my feet feel alive and it definitely moisturizes my feet. I have already repurchased.
- I used up the Sephora brow pencil. I really like the Sephora pencil. The only real flaw is the end that has a comb and not a spoolie. They are about $12. I do have a back-up so I won’t be repurchasing right now but I would if I didn’t have back-up brow products.
- I used up a Neutrogena makeup remover wipe pack. I do like these but I prefer the pack that’s green. I do have a couple back-up packs, so I don’t have to repurchase yet.
- I used up a Simple cleansing facial wipe packet. These are just a sample pack of 7 that I received in a subscription box. I think they changed the wipe because I didnt used to like these, but they worked a lot better than I remember.
- I completely killed two Revlon nail files. I use one for my hands and one for my toe nails. I have purchased two new files.
- I finished the Vichy cleanser. I had never used a product from Vichy before and this was a mild cleanser. I did like using it but it did not remove makeup despite the claim that this was a one-step cleanser. I would not repurchase.
- The Estee Edit oil cleanser was a complete surprise to me. I’ve been using some other cleansing oils that do not perform as well as this one, and once I use those other oil cleansers up, I will consider purchasing this one.
- The Cetaphil cleanser is one of my favorites. I usually refill this small travel bottle but I somehow ruined the threading in this bottle. I like using this as my second cleanse after removing my makeup but I’ve removed makeup with this cleanser before. It’s very gentle on the skin and leaves your face feeling clean. I have a large pump bottle that I’ve refilled this smaller one but when it runs out, it will be repurchased.
- The Dove dry oil moisture Moroccan Arian oil body wash was awesome. It didn’t leave a soapy feeling behind and smelled fantastic. I have some other body washes but it’s definitely one I would consider purchasing.
- What sort of empties post would this be without a couple bottles of Scopejuice? I went hard this month finishing up THREE BOTTLES! Somehow I managed to not have anything else to vape but this juice. I would and have repurchased.
So those were the products I finished up in April. Did you finish anything?
I dont usually post on Saturdays, but I missed posting this yesterday.
Here are my thoughts on my March empties:
- Garner Micellar Water – I love this stuff! I use it to remove my eye makeup with a cotton round. I have already purchased a replacement.
- Eyeko Fat Eyeliner – I had this in a MakeUp Use Up for this year. I received this in a Birchbox and while I enjoyed using it, I would not repurchased because I prefer other brands.
- Eyeko Eyeliner – I had this in a MakeUp Use Up for this year. I got this item in a Birchbox and I did enjoy using it, but I would not repurchase because there are other brands I prefer.
- Elf Eyeliner – This is another item I had in a Makeup Use Up for this year. This is one of my favorite eyeliners. I have not repurchased, because I am trying out another Elf eyeliner that many people rave about.
- Dionis hand cream (White Jasmine and Shea) – I love this hand cream. This moisturizes my skin and smells fantastic. I have already repurchased.
- Mane and Tail shampoo – I hated this shampoo. It seemed to tangle my very short hair and I did not enjoy the scent.
- Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara – My holy grail mascara. I love the wand and you can’t beat the price. I already have a replacement.
- Milk Mascara – I received this in a beauty box and ended up really liking the way it performed. I would consider repurchasing.
- Scope Juice (MaddScope) – I am always buying this stuff. Its my favorite e-juice.
- ROC Neck Cream – I had this in a project pan. Im glad I finished it because it smelled horrible.
- Mac Prep and Prime – I had his in a project pan. I love using this in cooler months and I would definitely repurchase if I didnt have a bunch of samples to always use.
- Pack of cotton rounds – I use these with my Micellar Water to remove my eye makeup. I have repurchased.
- Alterna Caviar Shampoo and Conditioner – I liked the way these smelled but I saw no difference in my hair. Foil packets dont always give you the best results since you might get two uses out of them.
- Matrix Biolage Recover Shampoo and Conditioner – I really dont have much of an opinion on these except that the shampoo has a better scent than the conditioner.
So those were my empties for the month of March. Im actually impressed at how many samples Ive been able to move out of my collection already this year.
Did you finish any items?
Here are my thoughts on my February empties:
- Keratin conditioner – I did not see an improvement using this product.
- Rodial toning spray – I had this in my samples project. I didnt hate using this toner, but I won’t go out of my way to purchase this.
- Mario badescu cleanser – I had this in my samples project. I did enjoy using this and once I get thru the other cleansers I have, I would consider purchasing it.
- Not Your Mothers Leave in Conditioner – This had a pleasant smell, but I didnt see any benefit using this versus not using it.
- Nivea Lotion – While I did like how moisturizing this lotion was, I did not like it in a potted package.
- Vasanti Brighten Up Exfoliating Cleanser – I did enjoy this and worked thru 2 samples.
- Urban Decay Setting Spray – It did set my makeup in place the entire day, but so does my less expensive Ulta brand.
- BareMinerals Complexion Rescue – LOVE this product. I have a full sized tube and had forgotten about this small sample.
- Mac Prep + Prime – This was a nice primer to use in the cooler months when my skin isnt as oily.
- Model Co Powerlash mascara – This was in my make-up use up project. I did like this mascara.
- Palladio liquid eyeliner – This was in my make-up use up project. I LOVE this eyeliner. I always repurchase.
- Chella eyebrow pencil – This was in my make-up use up project. This shade was too light for me
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer – I did like how it made my skin feel. The scent was pleasant.
- Nivea In Shower Body lotion – While I liked the way this smelled, I did not like having to rinse it off.
- Plumes of Hazard Way Up Here (120 ml / 30 ml bottle) – Its safe to say that I like this e-liquid. My next purchase will be the Limeaid version however.
- Scope Maddscope – MY ADV without a doubt.
- Vaseline Intensive Care lotion – I liked this lotion for in my purse.
This year I resolved to completely use up the products in my collection, and that includes the samples Ive been getting in my subscription boxes.
I think I did a great job using up all of the things for the first month!
- Futerer Shampoo & Conditioner – I did not like these. They did not lather enough for my liking and the scent was over-powering.
- Loreal Volume Filler Shampoo – I didnt mind this shampoo, but I didnt see a difference between this and my regular shampoo.
- Covergirl Mascara – This is my second favorite drug store mascara. This ended up drying out on me.
- Ulta Mascara Primer – I dont like using mascara primers. This came in a kit of primers I purchased back in August.
- BareMinerals Lash Domination (2 Deluxe samples) – Its a wetter mascara. I liked using these once the formula dried a bit.
- BareMinerals Mineral Veil – This is my FAVORITE powder to set my foundation.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation (3 samples from Sephora) – I got these samples to try the foundation. I ended up purchasing the full size. (Its a great foundation for oily skin, but it does tend to oxidize about a shade darker)
- Laneige BB Cushion Foundation – I got this in a Target Beauty Box and I disliked it. Even the light shade I was sent was too dark for me and it made me look incredibly oily.
- Garnier Makeup Removing Wipes – They removed my makeup, but I like the Neutrogena brand better.
- Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads – I got these in a Walmart or Target Beauty Box. I did not like these but they did remove my eye makeup. I prefer a cotton pad with micellar water.
- Vasanti Brighten Up Exfoliator – I did enjoy using this cleanser, but I prefer the Clean and Clear exfoliating cleanser more.
- Dr Brandt Microderm Abrasion Cleanser – I did like this but the tube was only half full.
- Marcela Moisturizing Gel – I did like this moisturizer but not enough to replace my current favorite.
- Organic Surge Eye Gel – This did nothing for my undereye area.
- Elemis Marine Cream – This cream was FANTASTIC and the scent was nice even though I do not like or enjoy floral scents. However, this stuff is expensive.
- Dr Lips Miracle Balm – I did not enjoy this and it was difficult to work with.
- Shine On SuperGoop – I did not enjoy this and it wasnt worth working to empty completely.
- Strivectin Neck Cream – Best Neck Cream EVER!
- Ulta Setting Spray – I really like the Ulta brand. It works to keep my makeup in place during the day. I have repurchased.
- Loreal Revitalift Foil Packet – Ive used about 7 of these this year and I dont know why I just dont pass them on.
- Maddscope – I go through 100 mls of this juice a month. LOVE it!
- Deadline – Limeade and Abetting – I really like this juice. This was my first bottle but it won’t be the last. As soon as I finish my 120ml bottle of POH juice, Ill re-order this one.
Time to look at my trash!