Last year I decided to go on a low buy/no buy but did not have a concrete plan. I exceeded the amount I planned to spend, so this year, I am making a plan.
I have a strict guidelines for myself for 2020. I will only be replacing products I run out of, but will allow myself a splurge item for my birthday.
I have subscribed to FabFitFun as well as the Allure Beauty Box and those items will be counted as beauty purchases in my yearly spreadsheet. I plan on keeping the Allure box thru June, but may obviously cancel prior to then. Should I cancel the Allure box, I will not be subscribing to any other beauty box for the remainder of the year.
I plan on buying the reusable bamboo type makeup rounds sometime this year. I have a back stock of cotton rounds so this purchase will be made sometime this summer.
I will also be looking at what Ulta has in their 21 Days of Beauty. They have offered the Tarte lip paints in years prior and I will be looking to repurchase one that Ive been using for awhile.
Products I will need to repurchase:
- Laura Mercier loose setting powder – I just finished up a deluxe sample and this will be what I purchase for my birthday in June.
- Clinique Pretty Easy Liquid Eye liner – This is my favorite liquid liner. I have some Elf liners to use before I purchase this.
- Mascara (Either Mac, Clinique, or Charlotte Tilbury) – I have enough mascaras to get me thru most of the year, but if Ulta has any of these on sale, I will be buying one at that time.
- Cleanser (Loreal and Origins) – I have a bunch of cleansers to finish but Ill need to purchase sometime near the end of the year.
- Setting Spray – Ill need to purchase sometime this summer.
- Beauty Sponges – I have enough sponges to get thru spring/summer but I think Ill need to purchase sometime around October.
Im sure there are other items I will need as the year goes on, but I will not purchase until I am almost out of what I have on hand. I should not need to purchase any skin care this year, but if I happen to run out of something, I will make a purchase for what I need.
So, are you going on a low buy or no buy this year? Have you made plans to cut down on your spending?