I know a lot of project panners start their fall project pans after the summer projects end, but I wanted to do one that incorporated some longer term products. While thinking about how to use some of my older products, I decided maybe do a Halloween inspired project. So, I decided to do a Rocky Horror Picture Show themed project that will end on October 31st.
This project will be based on the soundtrack for the Rocky Horror Picture Show. If you were around in the 80s, you will no doubt remember attending midnight shows where audience participation included singing all of the songs (as well as much more I won’t give away here). These days, screenings that allow audience participation are few and far between (as well as shadow casts) but when you do find a showing, it’s usually around Halloween.
I have chosen 5 songs from the soundtrack and picked items to go with lines of the song.
- Over at the Frankenstein Place – I have chosen my Mac Trolls Play it Proper highlighter because of the line ‘Theres a light’ in this song. During this song, audience members squirt water pistols and hold up lighters (these days its a flashlight). I only want to use this highlighter more. I don’t even have a dip in it but I have started to wear away the troll in the product. Id love to hit pan, but that might be a stretch.
- I can Make you a Man – I have chosen my Elf daily hydration moisturizer because part of the line is ‘In just seven days’ and you wear moisturizer seven days a week.
- TouchA TouchA Touch Me – Im choosing a cleanser because of the line ‘I Want to Feel Dirty’ and you need to cleanse. Ive chosen my travel size Origins Checks and Balances frothy face wash. This is one of my favorite cleansers.
- Rose Tint my World / Wild and Untamed Thing – Ive chosen the Stila Glitter and Glow in Smoldering Satin. This one is a deluxe sample size that came in a set of three. Glitter should always make you feel wild and untamed 🙂
- Im Going Home – I just have to say that this is a fantastic song and shows Tim Curry’s vocal abilities. I have chosen the Boscia luminizing black mask because most of us mask at home. This is a peel off mask and its a deluxe sample size. Ive used it a couple times but Id like to finish it.
Should I finish any products, I will add in items that fit with the theming I have already set in this project (i.e. If I finish the mask, Ill add in another mask)
I love seasonal projects, so I hope you will join in this one with me! If you do decide to participate, please leave me a link to your post so we can follow each others progress!
I will be posting a photo on IG with the hashtag #RHPSProjectPan (My IG is @JustSheilz if you want to follow me there)
As you may know (if you read my blog regularly) I have been doing a rolling project pan that will go on all year. However, I love participating in seasonal projects as well. I was recently watching a video from Jacks Lorraine and was inspired to do my own take on her project/themes.
I will be starting this project on March 20th and running until June 21st. (First day of Spring until the first day of Summer). I know I won’t finish some of the products Ive chosen, but Id like to get some use out of them.
- Oldest: Mac Studio Fix powder foundation (NC15) – This is my oldest foundation. As you can see, I do have a dip and Id like to hit pan.
- Challenging: Mac Let’s Skate paint pot – Paint Pots are a challenge. Even painterly can take about 2 years to finish, and that’s with using it everyday. There is a dip in this product, and I would just like to see some progress.
- Seasonal: Becca First Light Priming Filter – This is a deluxe sample that I received in a Sephora play. I should be able to finish this by summer.
- Neglected: BareMinerals Correcting Concealer (Light 1) – I have almost half of this finished and would really like to have it done this year, so if I don’t finish it by June, I may roll this into my year round project.
- Easy: Makeup Forever Matte Velvet Skin Foundation (Y205) – This is also a deluxe sample from a Sephora Play box. I should not have any issue finishing this. This is one of the lightest shades Ive ever tried but Im actually this pale during winter, so it shouldn’t be a problem using.
I also wanted to throw in some perfume samples Ive accumulated. If you look at my recent empties posts, you will see that I am regularly using them up. I still have quite the perfume sample collection and really want to use them up.
- Chanel – Gabrielle
- Tokyo Milk – Awaken Within
- Philosophy – Amazing Grace
- Emporio Armani – Because It’s You
Are you doing any seasonal projects? Would you like to join in on this one? If so, make sure to tag me in your posts!
EDIT: This post was sitting in my drafts instead of being posted last week. Because of this ‘snafu’ I will be adding the post that would have been posted today on Thursday.
I decided that I really have to get down and finish some of my older items in my collection. The best way is to put these products into a project.
The 10 items I have chosen to finish are:
- Urban Decay Naked Basics (Foxy) – I use this to set my eyeshadow primer. Ive actually repressed this.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics (WOS) – I also use this to set my eyeshadow primer.
- Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Perfecting Primer – I LOVE this primer. I just purchased a full size in the Ulta sale, so I need to finish this one up. Its also my oldest primer I have.
- Make Up Forever Step 1 Primer – I received this in a Sephora play box awhile ago. I do like this primer, but not enough to get a full size.
- Make Up Forever Ultra HD Foundation – I received this sample in a Sephora Play and it matches me pretty well in the summer. I dont really tan, but my face does go up a shade. I might have a handful of applications left.
- It Cosmetics CC+ – This stuff is magic. It matches me perfectly. I might have a few uses left, and once I get thru my other foundations, I would consider purchasing this and I dont even wear full coverage foundations!
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick (Rose Gold) – I received this in a Sephora Play and love it. Id like to finish this and a few other sticks before purchasing another.
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon – This is a GREAT eyeliner. It does NOT budge in my waterline. I really want others in this line, but I have a ton of eyeliners to finish first.
- Essense Make Me Brow – I love this and it fits into almost any budget! I have a few other brow gels to get thru, but this is one of the staples in my collection.
- Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter and Glow Shadow (Kitten Karma) – I became a fan of glitter because of this! I have purchased others in this line and would definitely get another one of this shade when I finish it. There isnt a lot left in this small sample so it should be simple to finish.
Are you doing a Project 10 Pan? What will you be trying to finish?
Some of you may have read that I began a declutter project back in May. And while Im not going to itemize everything Ive decluttered as of today, I will give you a general idea of the type of items I have thrown away, sold, or gave away.
Im about halfway thru this project (not taking into account the digital declutter) and have gotten rid of 435 items!
Some of these items have been:
- Old magazines
- Old perfumes
- Broken items
- Chargers for items I do not have
- Old business cards
- Old pillow
- Laptop remote
- Old address books
- Broken stapler
- Empty makeup/skin care products
- Broken earbuds
- Torn up towels
- Movie ticket stubs
- DS games
- Vape gear I no longer use
- Deluxe size makeup I never used/opened
Its amazing how quickly it adds up!
Have you joined this project?