Who doesnt love Advent calendars? Even if you aren’t religious, theres just something about opening a gift everyday.
Recently, I was watching a video from Elle S on youtube. If you aren’t aware, Elle is a project pan youtuber. She found a post on reddit for a Shop your Stash – Project Pan styled Advent calendar. I thought this was a super clever idea!
Heres her video:
My version of this will be using a random number generator using my entire collection. I will skip mascara and items in my current project, should they come up.
- Dec 1 – Michael Todd Beauty blue green algae toner
- Dec 2 – Make Up Forever serum
- Dec 3 – Kate Somerville Exfolikate
- Dec 4 – Mac Prep and Prime primer
- Dec 5 – Tarte Lip Facial
- Dec 6 – Sephora Lip Stain (red)
- Dec 7 – LOC shadow stick
- Dec 8 – Mac paint pot (Let’s Skate)
- Dec 9 – Make Up Forever Step 1 primer
- Dec 10 – Sunday Riley Good Genes
- Dec 11- Benefit Watts Up highlighter
- Dec 12 – Bobbi Brown shadow stick (Golden Pink)
I will be posting Dec 13-24 on Dec 14th. However, I did use the random number generator for Dec 13-14, and they are: The Becca First Light Priming Filter primer and the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue.
Will you join in on this small project?
Ive been a Sephora Play Box subscriber for about a year now, and for the last few weeks Ive been hearing alot of people online complain about this months products. I hardly ever get what I see others unbox and I hadn’t seen anything ‘offensive’ unboxed when Ive searched.
Im actually pretty happy with the items I do receive. So, I waited for my package to arrive. This months box showed up a little bit earlier than they usually do, so I was quite happy about that right off the bat.
Pictured below are the items I received.
- Sephora waterproof eye makeup remover – Ive only heard great things about this product, and I believe I picked up a trial size in the checkout line. I dont really recall anything about it, but Im excited to try it.
- Daisy from Marc Jacobs – I really like the Daisy perfumes. Daisy Dream is my favorite but this one is very nice.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer – I think this was one of the first primers on the market. It didnt really do much for me back then, but Ill try it again and see if it works now.
- Kate Somerville exfoliator – Im really excited to try this. Ive been meaning to pick up something from her line from some time now but havent yet.
- Makeup Forever Aqua XL pencil eyeliner – I LOVE this eyeliner in my water line. I got one a while ago as a point perk and Im almost finished it and I had it on my wish list, but now I dont have to buy it yet!
- Peter Thomas Roth water drench moisturizer – For someone with oily skin, this scares me, but in my ‘research’ online, Ive heard hyaluronic acids are good for mature and oily skin!
After receiving my Sephora Play Box, Im perplexed about why people are upset. Even the variations Ive seen online aren’t bad in my opinion.
Do you subscribe to Sephora Play? If so, are you upset about the products you received this month?
Today I am testing out a new-to-me primer and foundation. I have a very fair complexion with some hyper pigmentation near my cheekbones. I also have oily skin and I prefer to wear a light to medium coverage foundation with a matte finish.
The primer that I am trying came to me via Sephora Play Box. Its the Make up Forever Step 1 Skin Equalizer. Ive been told that this primer is similar to the Porefessional primer (which I dont really like).
The foundation I am trying is the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation in 110 Porcelain. I will be dabbing on the foundation across my face and then using an Ulta Beauty Sponge to blend it into my skin.
I am very impressed with the Make Up Forever primer. It did not ball up on my skin like the Porefessional has done in the past and really smoothed out my skin. Ill have to use this some more to really make up my mind, but my first impressions about this product are good!
Ive watched some earlier reviews on the Maybelline Fit Me foundation and thats why it took me so long to try this product. Even though this is not a full coverage foundation, I am pleased with the amount of coverage I got using a sponge. It seemed to even everything out and set quickly without using a setting powder.
My powder bronzer and blush applied smoothly on top of this foundation. And, as always, after applying all of my makeup, I sprayed some Fix+ and everything looked great!
I wore this makeup roughly 9-10 hours. It was not the most pressing of days and it wasnt too warm, but it seemed to hold up for the most part. It did wear off around my nose, but thats pretty normal for all face products for me and I did get some ‘shine’ which is also pretty normal. I did not touch up or blot.
Overall, this foundation worked for me – at least for this time of year. It was a medium coverage look but it didnt look too ‘makeuppy’ for me.