Sorry for my lack of posts the last couple of weeks. I had an allergic reaction to something I ate as well as a skin care product and I was down for the count. Everything is better now.
Now, onto what I used up in the month of April! I did not finish alot of things because I couldn’t put any products on my face after a reaction to a product that I am decluttering.
- Isopropyl Alcohol – I use this to sanitize my powder products, as well as clean up vape gear. I do already have another.
- Philosophy micro delivery face wash – I got this at one of Ultas 21 days of beauty sales and it lasted about a year of semi-regular use. While I did enjoy using it, there are other face washes I like much better.
- L’occitane shower cream – I got this in my Advent Calendar. I did enjoy it, but I like other body washes more.
- L’occitane shampoo – I had three of these and I believe I only have one more left. Its an ok shampoo. I dont think Id purchase it tho.
- Dove body polish – I got this sample in a Pinch me box. It was ok but I did not like the smell or the way it rinsed off. I like my Tree Hut scrubs much more.
- Vibrant Sexy hair hairspray – I only used this twice and the nozzle broke. I have no opinion on this product due to a lack of use.
- Sephora eye makeup remover – I love this stuff and I love getting it as a point perk or in my Sephora Play box. I cant remember which one this one is from. I would purchase.
- Cotton rounds – I get these at my dollar store and I always have 2 or 3 backups.
- Drunk Elephant TLC night serum – I got this from Sephora (either in my play box or in a skin care kit) I got about a months use from this sample. I did enjoy it, but the price on this product is high.
- Living Proof no frizz shampoo and conditioner – This was okay, and I have more samples of this shampoo and conditioner. I dont think Id purchase because I didnt see a difference in my hair.
- Klorane shampoo and conditioner – I really did not like these at all. I thought it made my hair feel slimy and I did not enjoy the smell.
- Sunday Riley good genes – I liked the results but not the smell. If it weren’t so expensive I would purchase.
- Kate Somerville eye cream – I did not like the consistency of this eye cream. I also did not see any improvements over some other eye creams Ive used.
- LOC shadow stick – This should have been in last months empties, but I somehow over looked it. I really did like using this and would purchase more if they were easy to find at a retailer I already frequent. I think I got this in a Birchbox and I also believe this was part of the Tati-LOC collaboration that fell thru.
- Dr Jart Cicapair tiger grass cream – I am decluttering this item because I had some type of reaction to it.
- Gucci Bamboo sample – I love this perfume and have a rollerball of it. I really enjoy it when I get samples of scents I love!
- Replica Beachwalk sample – I got this in a Sephora play box and loved it instantly. I did end up getting a rollerball of it. It works so nice with the Bum Bum Cream!
- YSL Mon paris sample – Another perfume sample I got in a Sephora play box and instantly loved. I have a travel size spray of this one!
- SOO AE face mask – I think I received this in a Target Beauty Box a while ago and when I had the reaction to the Dr Jart cream, I used this to calm my skin down.
- Found Coconut Sheet Mask – I used this face mask when my face had the reaction to the Dr Jart cream. I do not remember where I got it from tho.
- Slimfast Boosters – I think I got these from Pinch me. They were really good but I could eat 100 of them!
- Tasty Vapor ~ Geoffs Blend – This e-liquid tasted like Juicy Fruit Gum. I wanted to just finish this up and get rid of it because just like Juicy Fruit, the flavor did not last.
- T-Maxx No Frills Mls ~ White Chocolate Peanut Butter – This e-liquid in no way tasted like white chocolate peanut butter. I finished it up anyway.
(Italics: Project Pan Items)
Did you use up any products in April?
Who doesnt love Advent calendars? Even if you aren’t religious, theres just something about opening a gift everyday.
Recently, I was watching a video from Elle S on youtube. If you aren’t aware, Elle is a project pan youtuber. She found a post on reddit for a Shop your Stash – Project Pan styled Advent calendar. I thought this was a super clever idea!
Heres her video:
My version of this will be using a random number generator using my entire collection. I will skip mascara and items in my current project, should they come up.
- Dec 1 – Michael Todd Beauty blue green algae toner
- Dec 2 – Make Up Forever serum
- Dec 3 – Kate Somerville Exfolikate
- Dec 4 – Mac Prep and Prime primer
- Dec 5 – Tarte Lip Facial
- Dec 6 – Sephora Lip Stain (red)
- Dec 7 – LOC shadow stick
- Dec 8 – Mac paint pot (Let’s Skate)
- Dec 9 – Make Up Forever Step 1 primer
- Dec 10 – Sunday Riley Good Genes
- Dec 11- Benefit Watts Up highlighter
- Dec 12 – Bobbi Brown shadow stick (Golden Pink)
I will be posting Dec 13-24 on Dec 14th. However, I did use the random number generator for Dec 13-14, and they are: The Becca First Light Priming Filter primer and the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue.
Will you join in on this small project?
I apologize for not having any posts last week. I caught whatever bug was going around and couldn’t hit the Publish button.
If you havent been following along, here is my original post describing what products I plan on using up this year. MakeUp Use Up 2017
The products I was able to finish were:
- BareMinerals Mineral Veil (deluxe)
- BareMinerals Lash Domination (both samples)
- Powerlash Mascara
- Elf Liquid Liner
- Eyeko Fat Liner
- Eyeko Liner
- Palladio Liner
- Chella Eyebrow pencil in Tantalizing Taupe
The products I decluttered were:
- Beautique Lip Crayon (too frosty on my lips)
- Covergirl Lip Liner in Raisin (dried out)
I have hit pan on Foxy in my Urban Decay Naked basics palette and have moved on to WOS. I am also using Venus as a brow highlight as well as inner corner highlight.
I also have good progress on my LOC shadow stick and the BareMinerals 5 in one cream eyeshadows.
Im pretty pleased with my progress so far, but the rest of the products will be a bit slower to finish than some of the ‘gimmes’ I put into this project. Im hoping to update again the beginning of July.
I know Im a couple weeks late to posting what I plan on using up in 2017, but I wanted to make sure I had updated my inventory and will be using up my oldest makeup products.
In total I have 36 items I plan to pan, but a few are deluxe or travel sized products and some should be finished by Spring/Summer if I put my mind to it.
- Bareminerals Mineral Veil Full Size – I am halfway done with this and I use it all the time, even on no makeup days. I do have another Mineral Veil in this size as well as a pressed version, but this is my oldest.
- Bareminerals Mineral Veil deluxe – I recently found this in an old makeup bag and its about halfway finished.
- Bareminerals Original Powder Foundation – This is my oldest powder foundation and its about halfway finished.
- Covergirl foundation powder – I just hit pan on this but its my oldest and only drug store face powder.
- Bareminerals Blemish Remedy Foundation – Im a little over halfway thru this.
- Palladio stick concealer – This is my oldest concealer and there is almost no use, so I need to use it up.
- Beautique Lip Crayon – I picked this up at a Sallys on sale and Ive only used it a couple of times.
- Covergirl Outlast Smoothwear Lip Liner – This only has minimum use.
- Chapstick Total Hydration – Lip Balms are a MUST especially in the winter. This is just one I recently received in a Walmart or Target Beauty Box that I need to use up.
- LOC Out of your Shell Shadow Stick – I recently got this in a Birchbox and I dont normally use shadow sticks. There is almost no use.
- Bareminerals 5 in 1 cream eyeshadows – There are two of these. I used to use them alot, but got distracted last summer by some of the great palettes that came out. Since these are cream products, I really need to use them up.
- Eyeshadow – I dont remember this brand but its a nice sparkly eyeshadow. It applies similarly to a liquid lipstick.
- Powerlash Mascara – This might be one of my older mascaras and it won’t take long to use up.
- Bareminerals Lash Domination deluxe samples – There are two of these. One is almost at the end of its life and the only I might have a week or so left.
- Elf liquid Eyeliner – This was a great eyeliner. Its almost completely finished. (This is an almost gimme)
- Eyeko Fat Liquid Liner – I feel like this liner is the gift that keeps on giving. I think its going to dry up at any moment tho because this is my oldest liquid eyeliner in the marker form.
- Eyeko Liquid Liner – I got this in a recent Ipsy or Birchbox but its so small I thought I could use it up quickly.
- Ulta Gel Eyeliner ‘Smoke’ – One of my older eyeliners for the waterline. I need to use this up and get it out of my collection.
- Ulta Double Sided Gel Eyeliner ‘Blackout’ ‘Mink’ – Received this as part of a set and just want to use it up. BlackOut is a great liner and for some reason Mink doesnt seem as good as the regular size liner in the same line.
- Palladio liquid liner – One of my older products. I just want to use it up.
- Chella Eyebrow Pencil ‘Tantalizing Taupe’ – I received this in a Birchbox and while the color is too light, mixing it with other brow products allows me to put this to use.
- Trestique Highlight Stick – I dont use highlighter on my cheeks (Im 40+ and my skin has noticeable texture) so I use this as a brow highlight and inner corner highlight.
- Naked Basics Palette – I am only trying to hit pan on Foxy. This is what I use to set my eye primer.
- Palladio Palette – I am only trying to hit pan on this palette. While this is one of my less expensive palettes, I still really enjoy the results I get when I wear these colors.
So those are the products I hope to pan in 2017. Below is how Im charting the progress of some of the products.
I will probably online update once a quarter since tracking progress can be slow. Updates will consist of informing you what items Ive finished and showing progress on the charts above (if there is noticeable progress).