I wanted to update you on how I did on my 12 pans of Christmas Project I started at the beginning of November. This project brought together a LOT of people across platforms and it was so interesting to see what items everyone put into their projects.
Im pleased to say that I finished a majority of the items I put into this project, with the exception of exfoliators. I usually can get thru samples of exfoliators fairly quick, but this last months colder weather has brought me unusually dry skin, so its easy to see why Im not exfoliating as often.
I havent even opened up the Hanalei packet of exfoliating packs, but Im certain that the Skin Inc and Real Chemistry samples only have one use left.
Even though I did not finish these items, I will still consider this project a success. I was able to finish a lot of the older items in my collection and can now focus on some of the skincare Ive received more recently.
Did you participate in this project? Were you successful in using up the products you put into it? Let me know in the comments!
In todays post I will be sharing some of my makeup goals for the new year.
After looking at my makeup inventory, I decided to go on a low-buy. This means that I will only buy items when I need them. I will be placing a lot of these products into seasonal project pans thru the year.
My goals for 2018 are:
- Finish 2 foundations
- Finish 2 face powders
- Finish 2 eyeliners
- Finish 3 moisturizers
- Finish 1 eye primer
- Finish 2 face primers
- Finish all serums
- Finish all cleansers
- Finish 2 body lotions
- Pan 1 cream shadow stick
- Hit pan on 5 single eyeshadows
Do you have any makeup goals for 2018?
This post is a continuation of my November 30 Advent Calendars post, so please see that for an explanation of this project.
Here are the items chosen for the second half of the Project Pan Advent Calendar:
- Dec 13 – Becca First Light Priming Filter primer
- Dec 14 – Bareminerals Complexion Rescue gel
- Dec 15 – tarte Frxxxtion Stick
- Dec 16 – Bareminerals Blemish Remedy
- Dec 17 – Elf eyebrow powder
- Dec 18 – Marc Jacobs twinkle pop eyeshadow stick (Frannie)
- Dec 19 – Strivectin serum (yellow)
- Dec 20 – Ulta eye primer
- Dec 21 – Sephora moisturizer (foil pack)
- Dec 22 – Elf prep and Hydrate balm
- Dec 23 – Shiseido quick fix mist
- Dec 24 – Peter Thomas Roth water drench cloud cream
Did you participate in a project like this or purchase an Advent calendar this year?
Since its the beginning of December, its time to go thru some of my ‘trash’ again. Here are the items Ive finished up in November:
- Neutrogena wipes – These are my favorite makeup wipes. This is my last pack so Ill have to purchase soon.
- Ponds wipes – These were ok. They removed my makeup fabulously, but they made my face feel oily.
- Freeman masks – I dont like the packaging on these, and Im fairly certain the full size comes in a tube. I did like how they left my skin feeling.
- Patchology eye masks – I got these in a subscription box and did not like them. Would not recommend.
- Hask shampoo and conditioner – I really liked this shampoo and conditioner. It made my hair feel nice and the scent was great.
- Bareminerals Skinlongevity Serum – My holy grail serum! I have repurchased.
- Lush Volcano foot mask – This was a sample and after one use, I purchased a full size. I forgot I had these. This stuff is messy but my feet feel great after.
- Glamglow moisturizer – I loved the consistency of this moisturizer, but my skin is far too oily to use this year round.
- Glamglow supermud mask – My favorite mask! I love how this smells and it seems to correct my oiliness for a day or so.
- Dior Diorshow mascara – I liked the formula of this mascara, but the scent was too overpowering.
- Curel Hydratherapy moisturizer – I like the Jergens better. This seemed to have a really unpleasant scent.
- It’s a 10 leave in conditioner – My favorite conditioner! This makes my hair smell great too.
- Bareminerals powder foundation – I love bareminerals powder foundations! This was just a sample size.
- -417 hand moisturizer – I really liked this for my hands. It sunk it and even lasted thru hand-washing.
- Coola setting spray – This made my makeup last but it smelled like straight sunscreen.
- Essence Lash Princess mascara – This is a great mascara but I like the pink one better.
- Bareminerals clay chameleon cleanser – I liked this cleanser but Id rather just keep the clay in face masks.
- Clarispray – I got this from influenster or pinchme for review. Loved it so much Im still using it. If you have nasal allergies, you should try it!
- Claritin ready-tabs – Thank goodness the weather is finally cooling off so I dont have to take allergy meds.
- Deadline limeade and abetting – Yep, another huge bottle gone 🙂
- Scopejuice Maddscope – My absolute favorite e-juice. I have to slow down since my supply is limited at the moment tho, but I will absolutely repurchase!
Did you finish anything this month?
Who doesnt love Advent calendars? Even if you aren’t religious, theres just something about opening a gift everyday.
Recently, I was watching a video from Elle S on youtube. If you aren’t aware, Elle is a project pan youtuber. She found a post on reddit for a Shop your Stash – Project Pan styled Advent calendar. I thought this was a super clever idea!
Heres her video:
My version of this will be using a random number generator using my entire collection. I will skip mascara and items in my current project, should they come up.
- Dec 1 – Michael Todd Beauty blue green algae toner
- Dec 2 – Make Up Forever serum
- Dec 3 – Kate Somerville Exfolikate
- Dec 4 – Mac Prep and Prime primer
- Dec 5 – Tarte Lip Facial
- Dec 6 – Sephora Lip Stain (red)
- Dec 7 – LOC shadow stick
- Dec 8 – Mac paint pot (Let’s Skate)
- Dec 9 – Make Up Forever Step 1 primer
- Dec 10 – Sunday Riley Good Genes
- Dec 11- Benefit Watts Up highlighter
- Dec 12 – Bobbi Brown shadow stick (Golden Pink)
I will be posting Dec 13-24 on Dec 14th. However, I did use the random number generator for Dec 13-14, and they are: The Becca First Light Priming Filter primer and the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue.
Will you join in on this small project?
For all those who celebrate Thanksgiving, Happy Thanksgiving.
Because of the holiday, and most people won’t be online while they are with their families, todays post is going to be something of an inventory. Im not listing products, just the amount in each category.
I do keep a spreadsheet with details on each makeup item I have in my collection, but Im not sure of how to post it here. Quite honestly, I dont know how many people would even be interested in that, but if you are, let me know.
Anyway, here is my makeup collection – by the numbers:
- Primers (mostly deluxe samples) 14
- Eye Primers 3
- Concealers 2
- Liquid Foundation 4
- Powder Foundation 3
- Blush 5
- Bronzers 7
- Highlighters 5
- Setting Powders 3
- Single Eyeshadows (includes depotted palettes) 41
- Stick Shadows 6
- Eyeshadow Palettes 6
- Lip Liners 5
- Lips 23
- Lip Balms 9
- Liquid Eyeliner 6
- Pencil Eyeliners 22
- Gel Eyeliners 2
- Mascaras (mostly deluxe samples) 23
- Brow Products 6
- Setting Sprays 3
Do you keep track of your makeup inventory?
If you are like me, you have a routine for yourself when it comes to skincare and makeup. You know what works for you and you dont want to deviate from those products. You seldom want to try new things. And you certainly dont want to ‘waste’ your money on products that might not work for you.
THATS where the fun of getting subscription boxes comes in.
There is a subscription box for almost everything these days….whether its for your pet, your movie collection, or even for those who collect toys. This post is just going to be about personal care subscriptions.
In the past two years I have tried beauty boxes from Target, Walmart, Ipsy, Birchbox, and Sephora. I dont get the Target or Birchbox beauty boxes any longer, but I did like the items Ive received from them. Most of the boxes I subscribe to are inexpensive (around $10 a month) and contain 5 products.
Ive tried so many products that have become my holy grail due to receiving a deluxe sample in a subscription box.
Do you subscribe to any beauty boxes?