Who doesnt love Advent calendars? Even if you aren’t religious, theres just something about opening a gift everyday.
Recently, I was watching a video from Elle S on youtube. If you aren’t aware, Elle is a project pan youtuber. She found a post on reddit for a Shop your Stash – Project Pan styled Advent calendar. I thought this was a super clever idea!
Heres her video:
My version of this will be using a random number generator using my entire collection. I will skip mascara and items in my current project, should they come up.
- Dec 1 – Michael Todd Beauty blue green algae toner
- Dec 2 – Make Up Forever serum
- Dec 3 – Kate Somerville Exfolikate
- Dec 4 – Mac Prep and Prime primer
- Dec 5 – Tarte Lip Facial
- Dec 6 – Sephora Lip Stain (red)
- Dec 7 – LOC shadow stick
- Dec 8 – Mac paint pot (Let’s Skate)
- Dec 9 – Make Up Forever Step 1 primer
- Dec 10 – Sunday Riley Good Genes
- Dec 11- Benefit Watts Up highlighter
- Dec 12 – Bobbi Brown shadow stick (Golden Pink)
I will be posting Dec 13-24 on Dec 14th. However, I did use the random number generator for Dec 13-14, and they are: The Becca First Light Priming Filter primer and the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue.
Will you join in on this small project?
I love panning projects where entire communities come together and participate. This one is no exception. This project was created by Jacquelyn Lovene on youtube (Jacquelyn Lovene). There are loads of other channels as well as instagram accounts participating in this project.
Since I am not actively panning anything at the moment, I decided it would be a perfect time to see if I could get thru some of my deluxe sized and almost-finished skin care items.
In no particular order:
- Strivectin Eye Serum – I love this stuff but its now the oldest eye serum I have. I use this mainly in the mornings.
- Origins Gin-Zing Eye Cream – I started using this at night but stopped out of pure laziness.
- GlamGlow Volcasmic Moisterizer – This is the second or third deluxe sample Ive received in a Sephora Play Box. I opened this right after I got my facial because I needed the extra moisture, and now that the weather is cooling down, it won’t look too greasy on my skin.
- Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask – This was previously in another skin care project but I couldn’t finish it before the weather got hot. Im about half way thru this deluxe sample.
- BareMinerals Skinlongetivity Vital Power Infusion Serum – I LOVE this serum. Im working thru some other serum samples along with using this, but it definitely will be re-purchased.
- Curel Hydratherapy Wet Skin Moisturizer – I like the Jergens version of this more but I probably only have a couple of uses left in this. Ill be glad to see it go.
- Delectable Lotion – This claims to be a body lotion, but my skin needs more moisture than this lotion can give me, so Ive been using it as a hand lotion. Im about a third of the way thru this, but Id like to have this gone by the end of the year.
- Lush Volcano Foot Mask (sample and full size) – My full size has a Use By date of September 27th on it, so I need to really finish this up. Its almost November now!
- Peel off masks Freeman – I have two of these. One is halfway used the other hasnt been opened. Im working on the Sweet Tea & Lemon and I have a Renewing Cucumber.
- Purlisse Charcoal and Licorice Sheet Mask & Flashpatch Eye Hydrogels – Im not a fan of sheet masks but I received this in a subscription box and because the weather has changed a bit, this won’t make me too oily.
- Fresh Umbrian Clay mask & Glam Glow Supermud mask (I have 3 of these) – I prefer this type of mask. I really need to start using the masks I have so I can experiment with some others out there.
- Exfoliants – Real Chemistry 3 minute peel, Skin Inc peel, and Hanalei powder cleanser – These have been sitting around and need to be used up. I think I might have used the deluxe samples once. As with the masks, I want to use these up and move onto other products.
Are you trying to finish up anything before the end of the year?
Back in March I posted that I would be doing a project pan of skincare products (Skincare Sample Showdown). Here is my first update on the progress of that project.
Items in BOLD have been finished. Items Italicized were decluttered.
- Lush Pink Peppermint Foot Cream – I have finished this! I did purchase another tub.
- Glamglow Volcasmic Matte Glow Moisturizer – I have used this a couple of times and it makes my skin look great. Im still afraid that it will make me appear oily during the warmer months, so Im trying to use it up as quickly as possible.
- Embryolisse moisturizer – Im still about at the halfway point because it makes my skin look greasy. Ive been switching between this and the Origins at night.
- Ole Henriksen Moisterizer – I have finished this. I do have this in my loves list on the Sephora site, but I have a ton of moisturizers to use first.
- Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb moisturizer – I have finished this. I did really like this product, but I like the Ole Henriksen moisturizer more.
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask – I have been using this but it looks like I hardly made a dent in it. I dont need alot. Ive also been switching between this and the Embryolisse moisturizer.
- Vichy One Step Cleanser – I have finished this product. I probably won’t be purchasing it again since I have a ton of cleansers already that are more easy to obtain.
- Estee Edit Dissolve the Drama – I finished this! Ive been working on a couple of cleansing oils and they all seem to last forever.
- Clean + Clear Morning Cleanser – I added water to this to ‘thin’ it out because it got really thick. It still refreshes and hasnt broken me out but I am almost done.
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream – This did not match my skin tone AT ALL so I decluttered it.
So, did you start a project that you hope to complete by the summertime? If so, what is your progress?
I apologize for not having any posts last week. I caught whatever bug was going around and couldn’t hit the Publish button.
If you havent been following along, here is my original post describing what products I plan on using up this year. MakeUp Use Up 2017
The products I was able to finish were:
- BareMinerals Mineral Veil (deluxe)
- BareMinerals Lash Domination (both samples)
- Powerlash Mascara
- Elf Liquid Liner
- Eyeko Fat Liner
- Eyeko Liner
- Palladio Liner
- Chella Eyebrow pencil in Tantalizing Taupe
The products I decluttered were:
- Beautique Lip Crayon (too frosty on my lips)
- Covergirl Lip Liner in Raisin (dried out)
I have hit pan on Foxy in my Urban Decay Naked basics palette and have moved on to WOS. I am also using Venus as a brow highlight as well as inner corner highlight.
I also have good progress on my LOC shadow stick and the BareMinerals 5 in one cream eyeshadows.
Im pretty pleased with my progress so far, but the rest of the products will be a bit slower to finish than some of the ‘gimmes’ I put into this project. Im hoping to update again the beginning of July.
On January 13th, I posted my ‘9 Samples to Spring Project’ (See here if you missed it: http://www.justsheilz.wordpress.com/2017/01/13/9-samples-to-spring-project-pan ) and I am happy to report that I have finished all of the products!
This was a small project but for my first true panning project, it was a great experience. I will say that I found it difficult to finish the ROC neck cream because I hated the scent and Im glad that its gone but I was pleasantly pleased with the progress I made on everything else I included.
Has anyone else recently jumped into panning? If so, how are you doing?
Since I have just about completed my 9 Samples to Spring Project, I decided that I wanted to do another similar project for the spring season.
This time, I have decided to do a skincare theme because who doesnt want great skin for the summer? So without further ado, here is the list of items I will be attempting to finish by June 20th:
- Lush Pink Peppermint Foot Cream – I LOVE this stuff. I have about 1/4 of the jar left.
- Glamglow Volcasmic Matte Glow Moisturizer – I believe I got this in a kit from Sephora. I havent even opened this yet, but Im excited to try it.
- Embryolisse moisturizer – I got this in a Birchbox. I started using this last summer, but Ive found that its better for me to use during the colder months. Im about halfway thru this sample.
- Ole Henriksen Moisterizer – This was a 100 point perk from Sephora. I really have enjoyed this moisturizer, and Im about halfway thru this small jar.
- Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb moisturizer – This was a 100 point perk from Sephora. Ive only used this a couple times but I did like it.
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask – I got this in a kit from Sephora. I have not opened this yet, but Ive liked other items from Origins.
- Vichy One Step Cleanser – I can’t remember where I got this, but it smells fabulous. I plan on using this as my evening cleanser.
- Estee Edit Dissolve the Drama – I got this in a Sephora Play Box. Ive been trying different cleansing oils lately and Ive only heard good things about this one.
- Clean + Clear Morning Cleanser – Ive had this for awhile and I dont want it to go bad or expire. I only have a small amount left.
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream – I have no idea where this came from. Its in Light/Medium so it might match my skin.
I will be finishing this project on June 20th and will provide monthly progress updates on March 21, April 18, May 23, and the finale on June 20.
Let me know if you have any projects in the lead up to Summer!
A month ago I posted my 9 Samples to Spring panning project. (See post here if you missed it: 9 Samples to Spring )
I have used up all but a small amount of the Mario Badescu cleanser (this will probably be done by the end of the week), one of the tubes of Mac’s Prep + Prime, and the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue.
I think Ive done great considering Ive only been using these products for a month.